#41 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 April 2013 - 06:17 AM

There's no Black Mokona, so this was after the events in Tsubasa.

As for that.. well, I'm not sure. Xxxholic ending doesn't seem to point that way. There's no egg for example, and Doumeki there was a different generation. 

So I think..

I think Watanuki is dreaming.

At least, I think this will be addressed somehow.. probably in a bittersweet way.

#42 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

Either that or it will leave us all confused.  

Maybe Black Mokona is sleeping?  How does the absence of the black mokona count as definitive evidence that this takes place after Tsubasa? Or perhaps this is some kind of alternate universe? 

#43 Tejón rebelde

Tejón rebelde

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 14 April 2013 - 10:20 AM

Maybe Black Mokona is sleeping?  How does the absence of the black mokona count as definitive evidence that this takes place after Tsubasa? Or perhaps this is some kind of alternate universe? 

Maybe Black Mokona is sleeping in an alternate universe set after Tsubasa in Watanuki's dream ? It's Clamp, you never know. :hurr:

• Phenomiracle likes this

#44 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 April 2013 - 11:31 AM

Hmm, you know what you're right. Must have been confusing it with Ray earth. Larg (Black Mokona) didnt disappear due to Tsubasa, but he has an earing that contains Wata and Sakura's memories. 

Well, depending on that ear, we could deduce if it's before or after. So maybe Wata's subconscious is supressing that knowledge because then he'd know this is a dream.

#45 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 15 April 2013 - 06:51 AM

~Catching up on chapters~

So how old do you think Yuuko is? 

I imagine there is the age at which she died; her biological age. Then there is her age after Clow resurrected her by stopping time thus physically stopping her from aging but due to the passage of time the years add up but she doesn't change physically at all. So she has an biological age and an immortal age. Given her appearance, she *looks* about 24 (or 30) but given the time stopping shennigans could she be about 300 years old? How does one go about explaining the age of a Space/Time Witch who can travel through time and to other worlds? Would reading Tsubasa explain this? 

Throughout the course of Tsubasa dimensional (time/space) travelers don't talk about time in a linear sense because they travel to the future and the past. As such, they usually say phrases similar to: "It has been a while since we last met." This allows both parties to acknowledge a period of time has past since they last saw each other. 

Yuuko age, both biological and immortal, wasn't stated in Tsubasa. As such, determining Yuuko age range from her physical appearance is the most accurate method available. 

~Finally caught up with the chapters~  

Interesting. It's like voodoo dolls. I wonder how this can be stopped? 

I agree that the situation does resemble the effects of a person using voodoo dolls to curse another person. The only way I see this situation being resolved is if uninjured friend forgives the injured girl for supposedly stealing her boyfriend. For all we know the boyfriend might have been going out with multiple girls from the start. Similar to the girl who made numerous pinky promises with her various boyfriends at the beginning of XXXholic. 

Does anyone think that Watanuki succeeded in bringing Yuuko back and this manga is a result of that? Like, he is now back in the 'good ol' days' because of his powers?

One of the main points in Tsubasa was the fact that the dead could never be revived no matter how hard a person wished for it to be granted.

Spoiler

Hmm, you know what you're right. Must have been confusing it with Ray earth. Larg (Black Mokona) didnt disappear due to Tsubasa, but he has an earing that contains Wata and Sakura's memories. 

Well, depending on that ear, we could deduce if it's before or after. So maybe Wata's subconscious is supressing that knowledge because then he'd know this is a dream.

The earring on the Black Mokona ear wouldn't be able to tell us anything new about the current timeline.

For instance, at the end of XXXholic, Himawari stated that she would only visit the shop once a year, on Watanuki birthday, after he froze himself in time.

So does Himawari presence with Watanuki outside of the shop talking definitely mean this is taking place before XXXholic ended?

No, it doesn't. Cause if it is a dream then just about anything can be happening. For all we know, this could be a dream about a past memory during Watanuki stay at the shop. 

Edited by Ren-san, 15 April 2013 - 06:40 AM.

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#46 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 15 April 2013 - 07:17 AM

It won't be able to state the nature of this reality, but it would at least be able to describe that reality in its own terms.

#47 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,301 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

Throughout the course of Tsubasa dimensional (time/space) travelers don't talk about time in a linear sense because they travel to the future and the past. As such, they usually say phrases similar to: "It has been a while since we last met." This allows both parties to acknowledge a period of time has past since they last saw each other. 

Yuuko age, both biological and immortal, wasn't stated in Tsubasa. As such, determining Yuuko age range from her physical appearance is the most accurate method available. 

I agree that the situation does resemble the effects of a person using voodoo dolls to curse another person. The only way I see this situation being resolved is if uninjured friend forgives the injured girl for supposedly stealing her boyfriend. For all we know the boyfriend might have been going out with multiple girls from the start. Similar to the girl who made numerous pinky promises with her various boyfriends at the beginning of XXXholic. 

That is true. Yuuko looks like she could be in her mid 20's but has the attitude of someone in their 30's. I have a thing for figuring out character's ages. I recall that she looked very young around the start of the series but looked older and more mature by the end.  I have come to notice that in this series they have drawn her with even sharper eyes which makes her appear even more cat-like. 

I was thinking about the story the other day and I am starting to think that this boyfriend character might actually be Doumeki. It's not the first time he has been liked by someone....with less moral scruples, he is quite popular with girls and when this arc started Yuuko mentioned that his 'thread' has been connected with someone else's already.  

Furthermore, I don't think this is before the final battle with Fei Wong Reed.  Otherwise, why doesn't Watanuki have different coloured pupils? 

Edited by Kazekage, 16 May 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#48 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:21 PM

Chapter 9 is finally out! http://mangafox.me/m...rei/c009/1.html (I hadn't realised there had been several updates!)

Edited by Vande, 17 June 2013 - 12:24 PM.

• kikyou_e likes this

#49 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

Chapter 10 is now out http://mangafox.me/m...rei/c010/1.html

• Ren-san likes this

#50 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 09:45 PM

The most annoying thing about these chapters is the fact that they don't make a lot of sense in the few pages that are given to us for reading. 

But that in itself is the best element to this series in my opinion. 

Thanks, Vande for the link.  B)

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#51 Tejón rebelde

Tejón rebelde

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

Chapter 11.

Watanuki seems to begin to realize there's something strange going on. We need longer chapters, damn.

• kikyou_e likes this

#52 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

So CLAMP have started with the mind screwing already. We do need longer chapters.

#53 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

So wow. Huh. What the hell is happening. O_o

#54 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 01:23 PM

The english scanners have been pretty bad on this manga, we haven't had an update in forever.  :(

If you can read spanish, here are chapters 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17.

• kikyou_e likes this

mpc-hc_nvo2014-07-0320-42-57-98-Coacutep

#55 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:47 AM

http://mangafox.me/m...rei/c012/1.html - at last!

• kikyou_e and Ryuuhime like this

#56 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:51 PM

I think chapter 12 may have some indications of what's going on. Yuuko was talking about how he's still moving forward no matter if he chose to go back or not. There's also Doumeki talking to Yuuko as if she was a different Yuuko. Maybe Watanuki made a wish to himself or used some magic to turn back time and stop Yuuko's death.

#57 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 December 2013 - 01:44 PM

Chapter 22 is out on MangaReader

• kikyou_e and Ryuuhime like this

#58 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 09 January 2014 - 06:50 PM

What an interesting chapter this was... I think he is starting to figure out the truth in the world, and it gives us a good timeframe of when this is all based. If we havent figured out already...

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#59 Ryuuhime

Ryuuhime

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,500 posts

Posted 13 January 2014 - 11:37 PM

The bird shown was the one that Yuuko released in the dream that meant Watanuki was free to leave the store from then on. So I guess we're getting closer to some explanation of what's going on.  :aww:

...Which means we're getting closer to some heartbreaking events too.  :cry:

#60 Vande

Vande

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 11:52 AM

Chapter 24 is not out on Manga Reader - things get more confusing (and for some reason I'm unable to copy and paste on here)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users