#41 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 20 July 2014 - 01:24 AM

No doubt.

Especially when it seems that they're catering towards cheap and easy ratings with shows like Naruto, Bleach, etc.

Eh I can understand that since they were the work horses for the block. Naruto was the only show that probably topped DBZ in success back on the original Toonami, so I can see why they went with it, them getting Kai is more of a sign of them catering then Naruto and Bleach, imo.

True, we still probably won't get T&B. Odds are we get Final Act and they pull the same shit they did with One Piece and Shippuden and tell people to go catch up on Inuyasha on their own.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#42 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 20 July 2014 - 10:43 AM

Eh, no offense but I thought it was crap then and still do today.

This should appease people who wanted KLK though since the two series were from pretty much the same people, just different animation studios.

Of course Aniplex doesn't have a lot to choice from. Other then GL and KLK the only other choice would be Magi.

They also have Madoka Magica and other Aniplex titles that are pre-dubbed they still could get

And the aired a One Piece arc promo, again showing bias.

Really??

That was a completely normal promo lolAnd I can't even find it. Waht they aired it once that night..

BTW what show did they play it on cause I really can't find it 

#43 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

They also have Madoka Magica and other Aniplex titles that are pre-dubbed they still could get

Not really. We are not talking about ALL of Aniplex's dubs, just dubs that would actually fit on Toonami. Madoka doesn't really fit Toonami atm. The only shows that have dubs right now that would fit Toonami would be KLK, GL, Magi, and I did forget Kenshin.

Really??

That was a completely normal promo lolAnd I can't even find it. Waht they aired it once that night..

BTW what show did they play it on cause I really can't find it

Go check their tumblr. It wasn't a normal promo, not when the entire point of it was to sell the fact that they are about to start Ennies Lobby. It's what is called an "arc promo"

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#44 superfranky

superfranky

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 20 July 2014 - 09:04 PM

they should really consider pushing dandy back to its original spot at 11:30 cause watching it after attack on titan and bleach can be so disappointing  

#45 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 12:54 AM

Not really. We are not talking about ALL of Aniplex's dubs, just dubs that would actually fit on Toonami. Madoka doesn't really fit Toonami atm. The only shows that have dubs right now that would fit Toonami would be KLK, GL, Magi, and I did forget Kenshin.

Go check their tumblr. It wasn't a normal promo, not when the entire point of it was to sell the fact that they are about to start Ennies Lobby. It's what is called an "arc promo"

That is simply a opinion :/ All of show has to be to be a Toonami show is have action and Madoka does. The rest is opinionated. 

__

Yes it was selling Enis Lobby. That is what any normal promo does it promotes something. You were saying it was showing bias which would mean it be in favor of something being against another 

Bias:prejudice in favor of or against one thing, person, or group compared with another, usually in a way considered to be unfair.

Which they were doing more in this promo by Tom calling it one of his favorite shows which is comparing it to other shows. Then he went and said "If you haven't seen One Piece you haven't lived. 

The Enis Lobby promo simply was giving another push for One Piece except this time it was needed since it was doing poorly in ratings plus people have been whining for a new promo of One Piece for a while

#46 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 01:21 AM

That is simply a opinion :/ All of show has to be to be a Toonami show is have action and Madoka does. The rest is opinionated.

If a show just had to have action then Tom and Jerry would qualify. You can claim Madoka qualifies but it's something that sits in a gray area and isn't something that is an easy fit to the block.

Yes it was selling Enis Lobby. That is what any normal promo does it promotes something. You were saying it was showing bias which would mean it be in favor of something being against another

So tell me, have we gotten a Promo for Naruto Shippuden? I don't mean one that is shared with another show but a straight up promo just for it? How about a promo for Bleach entering it's final arc? What's that? We haven't gotten them yet? Okay thanks.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#47 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:00 AM

If your talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica then yeah considering we had deadman wonderland and and at one time it aired sailormoon.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#48 superfranky

superfranky

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 09:26 AM

If a show just had to have action then Tom and Jerry would qualify. You can claim Madoka qualifies but it's something that sits in a gray area and isn't something that is an easy fit to the block.

So tell me, have we gotten a Promo for Naruto Shippuden? I don't mean one that is shared with another show but a straight up promo just for it? How about a promo for Bleach entering it's final arc? What's that? We haven't gotten them yet? Okay thanks.

Not sure why we haven't gotten one for Bleach yet, but I shippuden will probably get one as the sasuke naruto reunion comes closer

• secretzfan likes this

#49 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 11:14 PM

Not sure why we haven't gotten one for Bleach yet, but I shippuden will probably get one as the sasuke naruto reunion comes closer

I don't expect a shippuden promo till  Naruto  becomes HD 

Pretty sure comparing Tom and Jerry's comedic foreplay too.. 

yeaaaa.... totally like 

Just saying I mean if you can't see the difference that this is pointless lol.

If your talking about Puella Magi Madoka Magica then yeah considering we had deadman wonderland and and at one time it aired sailormoon.

agreed Sailor Moon is a great example and hell I expect Sailor Moon: Crystal after Bleach ends (Though I would rather they wait and get shorter Viz titles, but..what can you do)

_______

As for the promo question look Bleach is doing exceptionally well (we still might get to see a promo for it before it is gone I be shocked if they didn't ever do one before it leaves) while One Piece isn't. Now you can argue what about other shows that door poorly. The difference is that Toonami will have One Piece for a loooong time and they paid a lot of money for it. So much like Space Dandy there gonna want it to do well for them 

Edited by secretzfan, 21 July 2014 - 11:06 PM.

#50 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 12:30 AM

You said if it has action it fits, Tom and Jerry has action. So what if it's comedy, so is most of Space dandy and it's on the block. So what is the problem other then your criteria being kind of ridiculous? As I said Madoka is more of a gray area considering the whole magical girl genre. Yes they played Sailor Moon back in the day, and that is what you need to remember. That was back in the day. If Madoka was such a viable option it probably would have been picked up by now given all the hype around it.

One Piece seems to have been doing fine for the most part. So the idea that it was doing so badly that it needed a promo is moot at this point. And considering they've stated that if a show does poorly then they will adjust the schedule and move shows when needed. If they have to make special exceptions for One Piece then people are going to expect them to do the same for other shows. Heck going by your stance they shouldn't have moved GXP since it wasn't going to be around that long compared to other shows.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#51 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 01:03 AM

You said if it has action it fits, Tom and Jerry has action. So what if it's comedy, so is most of Space dandy and it's on the block. So what is the problem other then your criteria being kind of ridiculous? As I said Madoka is more of a gray area considering the whole magical girl genre. Yes they played Sailor Moon back in the day, and that is what you need to remember. That was back in the day. If Madoka was such a viable option it probably would have been picked up by now given all the hype around it.

One Piece seems to have been doing fine for the most part. So the idea that it was doing so badly that it needed a promo is moot at this point. And considering they've stated that if a show does poorly then they will adjust the schedule and move shows when needed. If they have to make special exceptions for One Piece then people are going to expect them to do the same for other shows. Heck going by your stance they shouldn't have moved GXP since it wasn't going to be around that long compared to other shows.

It not a ridiculous point it is true.  Toonami is a action block so anything with some action in it can be argued for, but again the idea that something "fits" is opinionated. It kinda goes to what you consider as "Toonami action".

Tom and Jerry little comedic fight that we can argue is more of a tussle than a fight. Where as Space Dandy 

still has fist on fist, explosions,a dn things like that.

____

As for One Piece then it also should be noted that a lot of people having been whining about it doing poorly and that it needed a promo. This was asked by multiple fans, so you can also argue that there just making a point. 

Either way though it is important to keep a show that is that big and has gotten pushed back now (as it has) have some more steam behind it especially if your gonna keep it for a while. If they didn't giev it a promo now they would have in the future.

I really find it dumb that the argument of a arc promo is that big of a deal when Adult Swim has been doing Bleach arc promos for yeeeeeaaaarrrss, because it was a long running anime that adult swim knew they would have for while, so who cares if Toonami does it with One Piece 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKU8JuSa8Rg

LOL and it not like Toonami haven't promoted Bleach well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4luG-tsq6Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS7B9-X4Zps

Just need Naruto Shippuden to get more and it probably will when we hit those HD episodes 

Edited by secretzfan, 22 July 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#52 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 22 July 2014 - 02:06 AM

It not a ridiculous point it is true. Toonami is a action block so anything with some action in it can be argued for, but again the idea that something "fits" is opinionated. It kinda goes to what you consider as "Toonami action".

Tom and Jerry little comedic fight that we can argue is more of a tussle than a fight. Where as Space Dandy

Action is action, shouldn't matter if it's fists flying or anything else.

As for One Piece then it also should be noted that a lot of people having been whining about it doing poorly and that it needed a promo. This was asked by multiple fans, so you can also argue that there just making a point.

Either way though it is important to keep a show that is that big and has gotten pushed back now (as it has) have some more steam behind it especially if your gonna keep it for a while. If they didn't giev it a promo now they would have in the future.

And yet the numbers say something else all together. They say it is doing alright. So that isn't a reason for a promo. And the only ones really complaining about it are the die hard One Piece fans who think it should have the same success in the US that it had in Japan, which is just stupid to begin with. So no, there is no point to be made.

One Piece isn't the only show that got pushed back, but of course nothing else matters to you I'm guessing as long as One Piece is promoted. I mean it isn't like Naruto Shippuden is going any where any time soon and it has yet to get any real promotion. And that is kind of the point when I said there was some bias showing, since they decided to make One Piece receive the first Arc Promo of the new Toonami instead of shows that are doing well and lead off the block.

I really find it dumb that the argument of a arc promo is that big of a deal when Adult Swim has been doing Bleach arc promos for yeeeeeaaaarrrss, because it was a long running anime that adult swim knew they would have for while, so who cares if Toonami does it with One Piece

Adult Swim is not Toonami now is it? The only reason this argument is dragging on is because you are also making a big deal of it claiming poor little One Piece needed one so badly because it's going to be around for a while.

And you seem to casually forget that what I was talking about in regards to Bleach is that it is surprising they don't advertise Bleach entering it's final arc. If they only give Bleach a Final Episode promo then that would probably be considered BS from just about everyone who isn't prone to hating on Bleach.

Just need Naruto Shippuden to get more and it probably will when we hit those HD episodes

Since you like casually throwing the whole HD thing around do you actually know when Shippuden goes into HD? Because from what I've heard it won't be for a while. And if they wait till then, again BS.

This has nothing to do with me liking/hating series over something else, it's me just wanting to see some consistency and equal treatment which hasn't been happening this year.

Edited by Vl731, 22 July 2014 - 02:05 AM.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#53 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 08:06 AM

WTF what the hell was that shet??? #space dandy

5.jpg

#54 JDG973

JDG973

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts
  • LocationOn the Horizon....

Posted 31 July 2014 - 03:59 AM

WTF what the hell was that shet??? #space dandy

http://www.lostinani...y-2-04.html?m=1

questsig_zpsca10249a.jpg

"...Enlightened people are and the rest are becoming. I'm becoming. I'm somewhere between violence and tranquility, or violence and something yet to be decided."

- Vic Sage

Spoiler *Under Construction*

#55 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 02 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Just an FYI, but there's a Space Dandy manga, and here's the thread for it, with a link to a chapter.

Edited by Yuber, 02 August 2014 - 07:15 PM.

#56 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 02 August 2014 - 10:29 PM

http://toonamifaithf...ell-adult-swim/

Where to start...

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#57 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,491 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:34 AM

What now?

#58 wingman32x

wingman32x

Ace Attorney

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:35 AM

A Space Dandy manga, huh. Doesn't really surprise me much. I might try it sometime.

So they're accepting feedback. I hope they're ready for it. If anything else, it'll give them a good look at how people view the block. I think they're doing okay. They just need to enhance the variety a bit.

Black Lagoon was great this week. I can feel another gem of an episode coming up soon. I think it'll be up there with the Hansel and Gretal arc finale.

Edited by wingman32x, 03 August 2014 - 02:36 AM.

#59 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:59 AM

What now?

Basically Jason Demarco is asking viewers what they think Toonami should do to keep moving forward. You can write old fashioned letters and mail them to the Toonami crew or say what you think on the Tumblr.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#60 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,491 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 03 August 2014 - 03:02 AM

Basically Jason Demarco is asking viewers what they think Toonami should do to keep moving forward. You can write old fashioned letters and mail them to the Toonami crew or say what you think on the Tumblr.

Hmmm... So they're open to suggestions, then?

I really don't think it a good idea to openly ask viewers like that, since the vast majority probably won't even answer, and those that do might have horrible ideas. The only thing I can think of at the moment is ditching Space Dandy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users