1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice) All-time favorite? If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be (both completed and ongoing)?
2. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)
Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)
3. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time, who would you choose? Who do what?
For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
4. Top 5 favorite, creative, unconventional abilities/powers from manga?
5. Favorite dish? Best dish you can cook? Best dish that you think defines your country's culinary culture but not too distinctive that foreigners would find easy to eat?
Hard to say honestly, my favorite manga often change depending the kind of mood I am or whether I am rereading them though it would probably look something like this:
02. The Ravages of Time
03. Eden: It's an Endless World!
06. Blade of the Immortal
07. Vinland Saga
08. Franken Fran
09. Kokou no Hito
I could ramble quite awhile why I love these manga but honestly it would just be exhausting so I hope you forgive me if I spare you the boring details ^^
If I could only pick one manga.... this is another hard one but I'd probably go with Berserk since that one is kinda personal to me, and by that I mean it is the manga that cemented my love for manga and how awesome it could be. Also Berserk is so friggin slow and never-ending that it may perhaps end when I reach my forties which is the better alternative than reading the same manga over and over again Granted The Ravages of Time is another on-going long runner manga but like I said, Berserk is just more personal to me ^^
Favorite male characters
1. Guts (Berserk)
2. Vash the Stampede (Trigun)
3. Lü Bu (The Ravages of Time)
4. Askeladd (Vinland Saga)
5. Anotsu Kagehisa (Blade of the Immortal)
Guts is there because he has it all, badassary, strong character, development and he is not hard to sympathize or even identify with. The defining nineties anti-hero in animanga as well as the defining knight in sour armor.
Vash is the ideal goofball hero, he is funny and extremely sensitive as well as heroic but with a dark past he has to bear, the best role model in animanga imo and the character I wanna be the most like.
Lü Bu is almost self-explanatory. In a world of badasses he still stands out as the strongest warrior and is as cunning as any strategist and ambitious as any other warlord, but most of all, he understands better than everyone else what's important and even his enemies would adopt his ideology.
Askeladd is yet another awesome badass and he is perhaps the most cunning on this list alongside Lü Bu but unlike the ambitious Lü Bu Askeladd looks for a master worthy enough to serve and die in his service. A bastard who is also a great right-hand and mentor to his arch-enemy.
It's odd to call Anotsu a villain honestly once you get to know his character and ambitious, granted he can get ruthless at times but is also exceedingly noble and his goal in itself is not bad, but his means to his end and mistake he regretted hunted his consciousness and accepted his fate.
Favorite female characters
1. Yotsuba (Yotsuba&!)
2. Nikaido (Dorohedoro)
3. Mikasa Ackerman (Shingeki no Kyojin)
4. Madaraki Fran (Franken Fran)
5. Caska (Berserk)
Ok, this was a bit tougher but these are my favorite gals in animanga.
Yotsuba appeal is how much she loves and enjoys life. It is a innocent kid exploring a world where every mundane thing is a wondrous thing. She never fails to cheer me up or make me smile ^_^
Nikaido is maybe the best friend you could wish for in a messed up world like in Dorohedoro, she's a awesome fighter, can cook and has x-large bosom but also has character beyond that and her back-story is surprisingly tragic.
Mikasa is another girl who protects her man and the series loves to show how much of a badass she is. But what makes her stand out for me is how much of a no-nonsense person she is when it comes to Eren and Armin. She is like a mother bear protecting her cubs, not bad for a teenager if you ask me
Ok, Fran is her mostly because how much she makes me laugh and she is messed up but the ironic thing is that unlike Mayuri she isn't doing because she is a sadist or not even for science, she wants the best thing for her patients but her morals just ain't like ours, ensue tons of laughter xD
Caska.... on one hand I feel like she shouldn't even be here since she has been a veggie for the most of the series but she is also a good character with great dynamic with her hubby and there is no wonder why Guts's biggest priority is to heal her.
I'm just gonna admit that I'm not much into the big 3 so my list aren't well thought out of any good but since you asked:
1. Sasuke (from emo to hokage)
2. Kisame (even in death he owned)
3. Rock Lee (badass name)
4. Kakashi (poor guy can't catch a break)
5. Sasori (his threesome was awesome)
1. Shunsui (pink is awesome)
2. Mayuri (needs to fix his eyesight)
3. Yumichika (can smell semen)
4. Zombie Hitsugaya (surprisingly sexy)
5. Ukitake (those fools still don't suspect a thing)
1. Ace (got burned)
2. Akainu (the only hottie in town, gtfo sabo)
3. Kizaru (even on drugs he is still stronger than anyone else)
4. Enel (a literal lunatic)
5. Lucci (leopard, enough said)
I'd be lying if I said I didn't have one I've dreamed about. Samura Hiroaki and Endo Hiroki combo with Samura doing the art and both the story. I really liked Endo's older art style which was gritty but now it has become clean and I kinda miss the gritty style so Samura who has only gotten better with time should do the art. The guy's drew for the same magazine and have similar humor in their manga so I can see that combo work quite well.
1. Chrollo Lucilfer's Skill Hunter
2. Funny Valentine's Dirty Deeds Done Dirtly Cheap
3. Diavolo's King Crimson
4. Yoshikage Kira's Killer Queen
5. Hisoka's Bungee Gum
I'm very normal guy who eats most thing that I see in front of me when I get hungry and don't honestly have specific favorite food, but pizza is probably the most enduring one as I eat at least one almost every week. Best dish I can cook is less impressive due to my crappy cooking skills, but beside sandwiches I have also learned to cook spaghetti dishes. Icelandic defining food are extremely mundane things like fish, particularly haddocks, trouts, chars, cods and salmon. But if you are into more obscure and disgusting food there are always sour sharks, whales, seals and skates.
1/ What is it about OMF that makes you come here so often?
2/ If you could unread a manga, which one would it be?
3/ Gonna regret this, but F/C impressions about me?
4/ Why is your accent so delicious?
5/ What is your favourite video game of all time?
1. ...a force of habit probably xD
2. Dunno... probably Berserk or The Ravages of Time. I got sucked into those almost instantly ^^
3. First I thought you were funny... now you are just silly, in a funny sorta way ^^
4. I've had a hard time pronouncing the "r" most of my life ^^
5. Oh shit, haven't played a video game properly in like forever.... Super Mario maybe? ..... god I need to play more video games >_<
Let's the magic of the world of ponies come upon us!
1. If you were a pony, what would you look like and what would your name be? (of course you can't be Pinkie Pie)
2. Money not being involved, what would be the three places in the world you'd want to visit the most? Can you state some reasons for each of them?
3. Imagine you meet an OMFer (you can name one of your choice if you want to), how would the day go? Where would it be? What would you do?
4. First and current impressions?
5. How well do you deal with the seven deadly sins (Lust, Greed, Sloth, Envy, Gluttony, Pride and Wrath)?
1. Dammit, I had a awesome name I liked but I forgot it >_<
I'd probably be a earth pony, got no use for wings and I have no imagination for magic so probably no horn either. I'd look similar like I do now (again, no imagination xD) aka messy blond hair but with pink skin color And according to this my name is Twilight Fashion xD
2. Is it ok if I change places into festivals as they are more appealing to me...
anyways the places I wanna visit the most are the Roskilde Festival, Oktoberfest and The Brazilian Carnival. All for the same purpose, it looks amazingly fun ^^
... ok but if we are talking about places it'd be countries like Kenya, India and Brazil. Kenya because I think it is the best country to get see the Africa we all know and love, India because I have always been fascinated by it since I saw Temple of Doom (yeah I know it's a awful representation of India but still a interesting one at least xD) and Brazil because of all the beaches ^^
3. Just one? Argh..... I'd probably just die from indecision x.x
still I'd probably choose someone I could just cuddle and hold onto like a koala all day <3 (like you perhaps <3)
4. F: Nice girl with awkward taste in manga. C: Extremely nice girl with awkward taste in manga xD
5. Lust: ...not that good but I can at least wait until I am alone... o.O
Greed: Is it weird to say that I don't find the idea of getting tons of money appealing? o.o
Sloth: Oh hell yes, I blame my laziness for lacking in the other sins xD
Envy: Not much, occasionally I wish I could be or do something like someone else but that quickly develops into depression xD
Gluttony: This entirely depends whether I am hungry or not but I can eat a ton when I am hungry but I usually ain't so I think I am cool ^^
Pride: Yeah, definitely big on there. I can be such a stuck-up sometimes although I try to hide it from everyone, not always successfully xD
Wrath: Not so much wrath but frustration and annoyed yeah, depends on my mood but I can be in "can't get angry mood" to "just drop dead" mood xD
What drugs do you do ? (srs)
Manga. It is the only drug I need! \o.o/
1) How's life treating you?
2) You are taking over the world. Who are your partners in crime?
3) Are you a waffle man or a pancake man?
4) Recommend us your favorite dish.
5) First and current impression, if any?
1. Fine actually, I quit my job to transfer to another job which has admittedly gone a bit south but I rarely complain about extra free time xD
2. Anyone who is willing to join me, the catroom is a no brainers since they are all megalomaniacs and when I have taken over the world I'd have them all killed ^^
3. Pancake, waffles are great as well and I want both of them but if I had to choose I'd definitely choose the better of the two
4. Pizza at Domino's. Preferably from my country since I don't trust foreign fast foods o.o
5. First: Barney guy (that was you right? o.O). Current: Scar guy.
sorry if my answers weren't satisfactory but keep in mind, you are asking a lazy guy who gets tired very easily ^^'
Edited by DrugzRule, 06 August 2014 - 09:23 PM.