• Please log in to reply
683 replies to this topic

#1 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

Previous Thread Here

Like last time, discuss cartoons here. Be it American/French/Italian, anything short of "Japanime".

Saw "Batman: Assault on Arkham", not too long ago.

Was pretty good, better than the last three DC Animations (Flashpoint, War, and That Which Shall Not Be Named).

Though not perfect or great, but good all the same.

Spoiler

#2 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 06 August 2014 - 04:46 PM

You didn't like Flashpoint? 

EDIT: This all reminds me that I need to go watch Son of Batman, dat Damian. 

Edited by Peleihno, 06 August 2014 - 04:53 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#3 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 05:35 PM

Not really.

The movie for the most part was okay, but the ending .. was just poor IMO. 

The whole "War" scene looked sloppy, there were some changes to the story and characters .. most of which .. not for the better IMO, and most of all they took out that moment with Barry and his Mother .. of which was a real heart wrenching moment for the arc and the character.

It was just barely so/so of a film. and could have been a lot better.   

#4 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6165 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:12 PM

Yeah I really didn't like a lot of things in flash point 

• Captain Marvel being used as a doomsday device
  • The Flash not having any scenes with Hal, Hal is his best friend after all
  • Wonder Woman killing Billy was kinda awful too, 
  • Wonder Woman and Aquaman sleeping together was kinda odd
  • Wonder Woman killinig Mera 
  • them making Wonder Woman out to be some sleezy bitch

Edited by ddboy102, 06 August 2014 - 07:21 PM.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#5 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts
  • Locationunder a sea of blankets

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

you mean so you can laugh at how terrible it is?

Also I really enjoyed Flashpoint. One of DC's better more recent animated movies IMO. I also never read the comic, so maybe thats why I really liked it. It IS a what if story after all, so I didnt mind any of the deaths. I thought the end war scene was very effective.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#6 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

An I believe it was said at some point that there's going to be a Batman & Robin animated film coming out after Thrones of Atlantis, and of course that "Robin" will be Damien The Suckiest Character Ever Wayne.

So buckle up and get ready for probably another course of SoB in the near future.

Also I really enjoyed Flashpoint. One of DC's better more recent animated movies IMO. I also never read the comic, so maybe thats why I really liked it.

Probably should check it out at some point, it is better.

But if you just want to stick with the film, then that's cool too and your choice.

• Acidrain likes this

#7 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:07 PM

An I believe it was said at some point that there's going to be a Batman & Robin animated film coming out after Thrones of Atlantis, and of course that "Robin" will be Damien The Suckiest Character Ever Wayne.

So buckle up and get ready for probably another course of SoB in the near future.

AH but it was also said that Bruce Timm will be helming a new DC animated feature film in the future as well wasnt it? Im looking forward to that~

And at least that Batman vs Robin movie will have The Court of Owls in it

edit: Turns out Bruce Timm isnt actually directing Justice League: Gods and Monsters. It was a mix up.

DAMN YOU DC. STOP PLAYING WITH MY EMOTIONS

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#8 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:09 PM

AH but it was also said that Bruce Timm will be helming a new DC animated feature film in the future as well wasnt it? Im looking forward to that~

Really?

Hmm Whatever it is, hopefully it's good.

And at least that Batman and Robin movie will have The Court of Owls in it

Never read the Court of Owls thing, but heard it was good?

#9 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 06 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

I thought flashpoint was pretty good and also read a few of the comics from that arc. Did it feel a bit crammed yes, but considering it was multiple large comics I am not surprised. It probably could have use a couple of movies to instead of just one.

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#10 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:25 PM

• Captain Marvel being used as a doomsday device
  • The Flash not having any scenes with Hal, Hal is his best friend after all
  • Wonder Woman killing Billy was kinda awful too, 
  • Wonder Woman and Aquaman sleeping together was kinda odd
  • Wonder Woman killinig Mera 
  • them making Wonder Woman out to be some sleezy bitch
It's like you purposely ignore the fact that it was set in an alternate world meant to paint iconic heroes in a misfortune light.

Also I really enjoyed Flashpoint. One of DC's better more recent animated movies IMO. I also never read the comic, so maybe thats why I really liked it. It IS a what if story after all, so I didnt mind any of the deaths. I thought the end war scene was very effective.

Son of Batman sucks? Well, I downloaded it, so we'll see. 

Not really.

The movie for the most part was okay, but the ending .. was just poor IMO. 
The whole "War" scene looked sloppy, there were some changes to the story and characters .. most of which .. not for the better IMO, and most of all they took out that moment with Barry and his Mother .. of which was a real heart wrenching moment for the arc and the character.

It was just barely so/so of a film. and could have been a lot better.

Well, war isn't exactly a smooth and clean affair. What do you mean by sloppy? The action in that scene was good.

I never read the comic though, so that's probably why I enjoyed the movie more.

EDIT: DC is putting out a lot of animated movies which is good since they're usually enjoyable. On the other hand, Marvel animation still has no idea what it's doing. I saw some lame Iron Man/Cap team-up movie on a torrent site earlier today. It ain't right, man, it ain't right. Just disrespectful.

Edited by Peleihno, 06 August 2014 - 09:28 PM.

• waleuska and Acidrain like this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#11 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 09:53 PM

What do you mean by sloppy?

The numbers an chaos of the situation, lacked IMO.

Could be some other things, but -

I never read the comic though,

- seeing as you haven't read the comic, I'll just stop since this'll go nowhere's really.

DC is putting out a lot of animated movies which is good since they're usually enjoyable.

Yeah, just that it's mostly going to be all New 52 stories mostly. 

An it depends on the story really, as to whether they're good or not.

After all, not every DC Animated Film has been good.

On the other hand, Marvel animation still has no idea what it's doing.

I don't think they care really, since the money is at the Cinema's, and they're rocking an rollin at it lately. 

Although as I've said many times before, they need to (if they were to really bother with the Animation projects) probably take advantage of their relationship with Madhouse (for nicer animation, less they use some animations seen from earlier works, like the ones seen in the LionsGate films, or the Fantastic Four Series, or maybe for the lols they could get Disney animators an have them draw up some nice things :D) an put to work some actual good stories to maybe even use some of they're own better story arcs, like Age of Apocalypse, Marvel Zombies, Infinity Gauntlet, etc, etc.

They have the resources and potential, they just need to put the effort into utilizing it.

#12 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:21 PM

I have to ask what was wrong with justice war?

It solve a lot of problems i had with the justice league. For one no one is able to touch darkseid but superman. He is like the only person that can ever harm him. (do not read dc comics)

The league acting like a team. I do not know what they do in the comics but most movies and tv show it seem that the league never really work together. 

Darkseid was a badass for once. He always seems to get his ass beat by superman. 

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#13 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5515 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 06 August 2014 - 11:41 PM

I recall Darkseid kicking Superman around more then a few times in the SM:TAS and JL/U series.

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2014 - 01:24 AM

The Damien hate is so real :lmao:

I really enjoyed that movie @Peleihno,  though

Edited by Tokoya, 07 August 2014 - 01:25 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 Acidrain

Acidrain

Chatbox Turtle Hermit

• Chatbox Moderators
  • 827 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 02:09 AM

Problems with Justice League War:

-Wonder Woman was bland and corny with pretty annoying voice acting

-Shazam replaced Aquaman, which wouldn't have been as much of a problem if it werent for how incredibly douchey and irritating he was

-Superman had next to no personality, and his occasional flirting with Wonder Woman was bizarre and forced

-Darkseid had no personality as well, and acted primarily as a plot device, much like superman

-Green Lantern's banter with Batman was entertaining at first, but as the movie went on he became a huge asshole and was terribly annoying and cocky whenever he showed up on screen. He screws things up on more than one occasion due to his overwhelming cockiness, much like Shazam

Pros:

-Flash got shit done whenever he was on screen and was very rarely annoying, if ever.

-Batman was cool as always

-Cyborg's transformation scene was fantastic. Easily my favorite part of the movie.

In the end though, only 2 or 3 characters in Justice League: War were likeable, and thats a deal breaker in a comic book team up film, but I more so blame the comic arc that this movie was based on. New 52 Justice League started out terribly.

2uh96kn.jpg

Spoiler

#16 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7520 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:39 AM

I recall Darkseid kicking Superman around more then a few times in the SM:TAS and JL/U series.

Until Superman grabbed his face, causing his Omega Beams to backfire in his face.

#17 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2615 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Darkseid was a badass for once. He always seems to get his ass beat by superman.

Darkseid is always badass and he's beat around Supes more times than the Man of Steel would care to admit. That's in the cartoons as well, btw. Bruce even reminds Supes of how he was manipulated by Darkseid.

@Acid:

Disagree, the first volume of New 52 was quite enjoyable. Hal was funny too.

Edited by Peleihno, 07 August 2014 - 09:08 AM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#18 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3182 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

The Damien hate is so real :lmao:

I really enjoyed that movie @Peleihno,  though

i thought damien was pretty cool. Maybe he is hated cus he was too good of a fighter for his age, he beat deathstroke and trashed nightwing. He was raised to be the ruler of world. i thought that he was gonna look at batman as an inferior and belittle him, but he felt good about being the son of batman, and a bit proud too. I love that little back and forward that he had with Robin in the batcave, "IM THE BLOOD SON"

Edited by tenchu, 07 August 2014 - 10:52 AM.

• Tokoya likes this

24gvaiu.jpg

#19 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6291 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:03 AM

i thought damien was pretty cool. Maybe he is hated cus he was too good of a fighter for his age, he beat deathstroke and trashed nightwing. He was raised to be the ruler of world. i thought that he was gonna look at batman as an inferior and belittle him, but he felt good about being the son of batman, and a bit proud too. I love that little back and forward that he had with Robin in the batcave, "IM THE BLOOD SON"

nightwing won with out injuring damien.

• Tokoya likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#20 tenchu

tenchu

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3182 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

nightwing won with out injuring damien.

still, nightwing was cut up all over. We didnt see damien physical injuries, but c'mon you think nightwing was not hitting him?

24gvaiu.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users