#21 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:36 AM

still, nightwing was cut up all over. We didnt see damien physical injuries, but c'mon you think nightwing was not hitting him?

I think nightwing knew who he was and was not trying to injury him unlike damien who want to kill people.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#22 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,464 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Yeah, although Damien is a badass....He's not as awesome as Dick (Best Robin btw =P )

• secretzfan and wierd_guy like this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#23 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:35 PM

I'm 30 minutes into Son of Batman and it's alright, I like it. Nothing special so far, but it's enjoyable. I see nothing wrong so far, unless some of y'all are just Damian haters. :whistle:

Edit:

Almost called bullshit on Dick getting cut up, then I remembered given Damian is just a kid and the way Dick is, he was probably going very easy trying to simply immobilize him while keeping him conscious to get info out of him. I could see that irking people, still the cuts were overdone. Two or three would have sufficed. 

I still want to see Dick and Damian as the dynamic duo in full animation. Ah, dreams. 

Edited by Peleihno, 07 August 2014 - 11:48 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#24 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,207 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 07 August 2014 - 11:46 PM

I'm 30 minutes into Son of Batman and it's alright, I like it. Nothing special so far, but it's enjoyable. I see nothing wrong so far, unless some of y'all are just Damian haters. :whistle:

well the ending of the movie piss people off.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#25 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 12:33 AM

well the ending of the movie piss people off.

Yea, I'm in the ending scenes and seeing it now. Damian did a little too well against Deathstroke in single combat. 

EDIT: Finished the movie, bothersome final fight aside, it was still an enjoyable movie. Helps that I'm a Damian fan though. I loved that there was blood in this movie, need more of it. 

I'd give it a 6/10. 

I don't think they care really, since the money is at the Cinema's, and they're rocking an rollin at it lately. 

Although as I've said many times before, they need to (if they were to really bother with the Animation projects) probably take advantage of their relationship with Madhouse (for nicer animation, less they use some animations seen from earlier works, like the ones seen in the LionsGate films, or the Fantastic Four Series, or maybe for the lols they could get Disney animators an have them draw up some nice things :D) an put to work some actual good stories to maybe even use some of they're own better story arcs, like Age of Apocalypse, Marvel Zombies, Infinity Gauntlet, etc, etc.

They have the resources and potential, they just need to put the effort into utilizing it.

Their lack of ability in animated works stretches back before their cinema success. It's clear there's an issue in their creative process. I guess they just never cared.

And yes, the resources are there, especially now that they're part of the Disney sphere. Yet, the only well animated stuff we get is those anime-fied animated Marvel movies and they're awful.

Edited by Peleihno, 08 August 2014 - 12:34 AM.

• waleuska likes this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#26 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:00 AM

Their lack of ability in animated works stretches back before their cinema success

Such as?

#27 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts
  • LocationIn the House of Hades

Posted 08 August 2014 - 01:41 AM

Such as?

That and the Iron-man, Silver Surfer and Hulk series from the 90's. I think their best success back then was Spiderman and X-men.

They had some success in the 00's+ with X-men Evolution, Wolverine and the X-men, Iron-man Armored adventures, Spectacular Spider-man, and A:EMH being the best of them. Granted some were ended on big cliffhangers/cancelled for BS reasons; A:EMH was rumored to be canceled so that they could build a series off the success of the Avengers movie.

• Acidrain and ddboy102 like this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#28 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,988 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 08 August 2014 - 02:17 AM

@Vl731 - Hahaha Anything dating back that far, is an usually was ... well .. that kinda dumb lol.

But yeah, it's not like everything they've done animation wise is or has been bad before their cinematic success, as seems implied by Pel.

#29 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:32 PM

@Vl731 - Hahaha Anything dating back that far, is an usually was ... well .. that kinda dumb lol.

But yeah, it's not like everything they've done animation wise is or has been bad before their cinematic success, as seems implied by Pel.

I'll just say they had more misses then they did hits. 38 animated Marvel works and only a handful of them were decent. Though they may have had more then DC since DC seemed to put out more animated series. May depend on how you look at it.

DC had 47 animated works, not including movies

http://en.wikipedia....Animated_series

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

"Ass Pull": Often the first term people use to show how dissatisfied they are with something before it can be explained.

"Bull shit": often the first term used when a person expresses their dissatisfaction with something and they don't like the explaination.

#30 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

Despite the current output of their animated movie division, DC has always better quality animated works than Marvel did. Shows like Batman: The Animated Series weren't just popular they made a huge impact on animation and animated storytelling. Hence why there is even a trope page called Timm Style. Shows like 'Roswell Conspiracies Aliens Myths and Legends' are clearly influenced by the DCAU shows. I want to include 'The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest' but I don't know enough about the shows production to say it.  The creators of the very crappy 'Avengers United'  cartoon clearly admitted that they were influenced by Batman Beyond to make their shows more 'techy'. Shows like Young Justice and Avengers: EMH use such huge casts of superheroes because JLU figured out the science of making it successful, the former-Young Justice- is basically a mash up of Teen Titans and JLU; WB's two most successful superhero cartoon.  The Super Hero Squad was a clear and direct response to DC's 'Batman: The Brave and the Bold'.  

The one area Marvel is ahead of DC in is the fact that they have gotten more of their properties adapted. WB is ever so dependent on Batman, Superman and Justice League. Meanwhile, between 1990 and today, we have gotten 2 Fantastic Four cartoons, 2 Iron Man cartoons, 3 X-Men cartoons, 3 Avengers and 4 Spider-man shows. There is also an upcoming 'Guardians of the Galaxy' cartoon. That's discounting the animated movies they have released both with and without their partnership with Japan.  

• Peleihno, Acidrain and ramz91 like this

#31 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,112 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

It's like you purposely ignore the fact that it was set in an alternate world meant to paint iconic heroes in a misfortune light.

I know it was its just seeing them like that I didn't like.

not saying it was bad or anything.

Edited by ddboy102, 08 August 2014 - 06:47 PM.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#32 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 08:05 PM

That's discounting the animated movies they have released both with and without their partnership with Japan.  

@bolded: Which have been lame.

Edited by Peleihno, 08 August 2014 - 08:05 PM.

• Kazekage and Vl731 like this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#33 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 09:11 AM

@bolded: Which have been lame.

I have not seen those yet but the point was about quantity not quality. Hence why I counted the god awful Avengers United cartoon in the list. 

Edited by Kazekage, 09 August 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#34 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:11 AM

Not a fan of the silly design of the guns in Beware the Batman. Simple, realistic guns would look better and be easier on them -- it worked for every other cartoon.

I really like the design of the Wayne Manor though.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#35 Vl731

Vl731

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,512 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:34 AM

Rumor has it that they had to go back and edit the way the guns looked because of all the shootings that were going on around the time of the Beware the Batman release, the Aurora, Colorado one probably didn't help any.

• Kazekage likes this

MAL

Not a Toonami Faithfool.

#36 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 01:31 AM

There was an article about that a while back. They had to edit out the guns because of the Aurora shootings.  

#37 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 03:22 PM

Wow, that's lame as hell.
  • Kazekage, Acidrain and garlyle like this

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#38 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:35 AM

Donald Glover is going to voice Miles Morales a.k.a Spider-man in the upcoming Spider-Man: Web Warriors cartoon. 

As one of the guys who supported the petition for Donald Glover to play Spider-man in the then upcoming Spider-man film reboot, I am pleased with this.   :D 

• garlyle likes this

#39 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:51 AM

Donald Glover is going to voice Miles Morales a.k.a Spider-man in the upcoming Spider-Man: Web Warriors cartoon. 

As one of the guys who supported the petition for Donald Glover to play Spider-man in the then upcoming Spider-man film reboot, I am pleased with this.   :D 

Donald is a grown man, how is he gonna play a kid?

Wasn't Miles like 13 when he took up the mantle of Spiderman?

That aside, I wouldn't peg Glover to play Miles or any superhero.  :unsure:

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

#40 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,282 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

Donald is a grown man, how is he gonna play a kid?

Wasn't Miles like 13 when he took up the mantle of Spiderman?

That aside, I wouldn't peg Glover to play Miles or any superhero.  :unsure:

A lot of voice actors who voice teenage actors are much older than the characters they portray.  See Scott Menville, Will Freidle and Josh Keaton who were the voices of  TT Robin, Terry McGinnis and  Spec. Spider-man respectively.  

Honest question: what's wrong with Donald Glover?  I enjoyed him on Community but I've seen some people say they don't like him because of some RL stuff he did or is doing (can't recall the details).    

• garlyle likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users