Photo

[Discussion] Who do you think is the most badass character and why?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Laxus

Laxus

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 28 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

Lately I had a discussion with someone on youtube, on who is more badass and preferable of the two between Laxus and Gildartz.

So my question is: Who do you like more, and who do you find more badass, and why?

Edited by Laxus, 28 August 2014 - 08:31 PM.

#2 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 09:13 PM

Don't really read Fairy Tail anymore 

but I liked them for different reasons ':shrug:

and don't argue with people on Youtube just don't 

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#3 JWiz

JWiz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 48 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

At this point, I'd say Laxus. Gildarts is probably stronger, but in terms of badassery Laxus takes the cake. We haven't really seen badass Gildarts yet. The only boss moment he's had so far is when he went super saiyan against Natsu and brought the punk to his knees. The fight with Bluenote was haphazard and interrupted with the whole tree thing, and I didn't care for the ending with the nakama shoryoken. Other than that, all we've seen him do is walk through walls, breaking sh*t, and screwing women across the continent. It has only been implied that he's badass but not really displayed. Laxus has been non-stop curb stomp from his very first introduction, to the fighting festival arc, Raven Tail (didn't like the fight against Jura though), taking a dump on Tempesta. :2howgeg:  

#4 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3305 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 01:56 PM

The problem is Gildarts never got much panel time or focus. The little special chapter Mashima gave him in chapter 299 was nice but since then he's been missing for almost 100 chapters. His character has great potential but Mashima's avoided using him, probably because it'd be difficult to write interesting fights for a character of his power level. Even Jellal and Laxus are rarely ever used on account of their power.

#5 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1431 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

I decided to change the title some to expand the discussion. I felt just focusing on two of the characters would be a bit limiting, but feel free to continue to debate between Laxus and Gildarts.

As for myself I think Gildarts is the most badass even though Laxus is probably my favorite character from the series. The reason for it would be that while Gildarts has appeared a lot less those few appearances really stand out. I still very clearly remember reading the series when he first appeared years ago and seeing the entire town change and react to his arrival was pretty intense. That was such a great character introduction. Then during his fight with Natsu he basically terrified him with his power to where he was frozen with fear. I don't think anything Laxus has done quite matches that. Laxus' biggest accomplishment was probably his fight with Jura, but I felt that fight was a bit underwhelming in how it unfolded. Then Laxus two other big fights, Mystogan and Hades, were left unfinished.

• Nyu likes this

#6 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6168 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:51 PM

hands down Mest

name any other character that could sneak into fairy tail, change the memories of everyone?

then he took on Azuma and was about to go toe to toe with Natsu.

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#7 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 29 August 2014 - 06:52 PM

Gildarts knew Acnologia was screwing around with FT (and knocking them about), because when he fought it, it was much fiercer, that scene alone even though gildarts looks terrified, puts him above Laxus

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

#8 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1878 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 29 August 2014 - 08:49 PM

I agree with Mirajane. Plue is the most badass character in Fairy Tail.

• ddboy102 and Nyu like this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#9 Bombchu

Bombchu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:26 AM

Acnologia, since he's kind of an unstoppable force of destruction that facerolls even the strongest guys we've seen so far and he doesn't afraid of anything.

#10 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3305 posts

Posted 02 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

Gray is pretty badass. He's smart and he's talented with his magic. Most of his fights don't rely on nakama or stupid powerups like they do for Natsu or Erza. He's repeatedly faced opponents stronger than himself and beaten them simply by using his wits and exploiting openings.

#11 nikola.23

nikola.23

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:03 AM

Cana Alberona, it not been for her they would all be dead :)

Edited by nikola.23, 03 September 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#12 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3097 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 03 September 2014 - 08:09 AM

Hard to decide actually.

- Gildartz is undoubtedly badass but he's also a troll;

- Makarov is also definitely a badass, but he's used for comedy purposes;

- Mystogan started off as a wonderful badass (oh that panel with all the flags :aww:) but was not as great during the Edolas arc, etc.  

In the end of the day, I'd say either Luxus or Jura because the both of them are always badass. It's part of them and is their most important characteristic -- IMO. 

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#13 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

Is this even a discussion?

Hades

The man that has seen the abyss of magic, the man that kicked makarov's ass without a single scratch. The psycho had his heart in a jar, which was DESTROYED and he lived on like it was no big deal.

The ONLY villian that was defeated by FT's extreme ass pull (that we have come to expect) and have an actual reason for it. Other then "OOOOH erza believed hard enough in her self" or "Natsu gave a nice speach" or "FT wont forgive people that hurt their friends" NO the man lost his heart, that is the reason.

Gajeel you were weak.

laxus you were weak.

jarella you were weak

zero/brain you were weak

all of saber tooth you were weak.

future rouge you were weak

Hades, you lost your heart. (actual excuse)

Also, look at how easily he beat laxus. No one has shown laxus the floor as quickly and efficiently as he did.

• laxus pwns natsu, nikola.23 and Laxus like this

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#14 Laxus

Laxus

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 04 September 2014 - 05:22 AM

seems my title was changed. fair enough 

My overall badass characters:

Laxus, Gildartz, Jura, Mystogan, Gray, Azuma and Hades.

#15 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:44 AM

u already know my answer

#16 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3097 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:12 AM

Is this even a discussion?

Hades

The man that has seen the abyss of magic, the man that kicked makarov's ass without a single scratch. The psycho had his heart in a jar, which was DESTROYED and he lived on like it was no big deal.

The ONLY villian that was defeated by FT's extreme ass pull (that we have come to expect) and have an actual reason for it. Other then "OOOOH erza believed hard enough in her self" or "Natsu gave a nice speach" or "FT wont forgive people that hurt their friends" NO the man lost his heart, that is the reason.

Gajeel you were weak.

laxus you were weak.

jarella you were weak

zero/brain you were weak

all of saber tooth you were weak.

future rouge you were weak

Hades, you lost your heart. (actual excuse)

Also, look at how easily he beat laxus. No one has shown laxus the floor as quickly and efficiently as he did.

It is a discussion, indeed. 

Hades is without a doubt one of the most powerful mages (with the heart), but does that make him "badass"? 

Personally, I don't think he has a badass demeanor, no matter how powerful he is. 

• laxus pwns natsu likes this

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#17 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1711 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:23 AM

It is a discussion, indeed. 

Hades is without a doubt one of the most powerful mages (with the heart), but does that make him "badass"? 

Personally, I don't think he has a badass demeanor, no matter how powerful he is. 

i agree

#18 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8028 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

ok you know I think I got distracted talking about his power there.

In FT, there is not a lot of anything i would ever call "Bad Ass" from erza's stupid lazy man's magic to lucy's stupid do everything for me magic, to every villain getting their ass kicked in stupid ways, to everyone hanging off zerf's nuts. To the fights that make literally no sense. (Dear who ever is in charge of this, please take a lesson from OP and off screen all your important fights)

So, a bad ass demenor? I don't know he is one of the few people that every other word he says isn't family. Even laxus turned into one of those. I really dont like that he is yet another villian hanging off zerf's nuts, but cant be helped, everyone does, even some of the heroes.

besides his attitude was bad ass, sitting there laughing while his plans were failing, some manga the villains do that and have no place to (looking at you DD and madre geer) but he actually had the right to take things lightly because he is so powerful..........although he took losing his heart REALLY lightly, leads me to believe he was just going to pick up another somewhere

Edited by captain kidd, 06 September 2014 - 01:59 PM.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#19 Sesshoumaru

Sesshoumaru

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 01 October 2014 - 03:16 AM

I think Hades is pretty badass.

Spoiler

Edited by Sesshoumaru, 01 October 2014 - 03:17 AM.

#20 Sovereign

Sovereign

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts
  • LocationStar Haven

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:19 PM

I always found Zero badass

gray_fullbuster_by_darkangelmaik-d35f9vi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users