Photo

[Discussion] Who do you think is the most badass character and why?

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 09:32 PM

Gildartz is the most badass mage in FT because he's middle aged and in his prime.  He's also fearless.

Laxus is too young and angsty w/ his daddy issues.

Hades was the most badass human villain.

Acnologia is the most badass villain overall, because he's a pissed off super dragon.

Most badass non-FT mage is Ichiya and Doranbolt.  Ichiya for being funny and Doranbolt for being a secret agent wizard that specializes in teleportation.

Most badass exceed is Pantherlily.

#22 Lauri

Lauri

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 09 October 2014 - 02:30 AM

Juvia cuz she has the best rack and we all know thats the most powerful thing in FT universe

#23 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 12 October 2014 - 07:57 AM

Hades was the most badass human villain.

HELL YA

rest in peace hades, the only villain to actually get defeated. you were what FT needed more of.

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#24 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 12 October 2014 - 08:14 AM

HELL YA

rest in peace hades, the only villain to actually get defeated. you were what FT needed more of.

Err, mind explaining what you actually mean there?

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#25 Laxus

Laxus

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 October 2014 - 05:16 AM

he's saying the only villian that gets defeated was hades. the other rest of the villians never did lose because they go to lalaland.

#26 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 13 October 2014 - 11:04 AM

he's saying the only villian that gets defeated was hades. the other rest of the villians never did lose because they go to lalaland.

What about the wind mage and the shadow mage from one of the first arcs?

What about the master of Phantom Lord?

What about Aria (the one stealing magic)?

What about Zero?

What about the guy with speed magic from Oracion Seis?

What about the former king of Edolas? 

What about Zancrow?

What about the other guys from Grimoire Heart?

"Being defeated" concerns many villains in FT… and they are not talk no jutsu'd (or whatever lalaland is). 

#27 Laxus

Laxus

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 13 October 2014 - 10:57 PM

I thought i was clearly joking and being sarcastic in that whole post when I mentioned lalaland

next time, I'll use a simile.

#28 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 14 October 2014 - 07:50 AM

I thought i was clearly joking and being sarcastic in that whole post when I mentioned lalaland

next time, I'll use a simile.

My bad. 

I'm still waiting for Captain Kidd to explain what he even means then.

#29 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:32 AM

Thanks to the Pandemonium chapter, I considered Erza the most badass character for a while, but lately I've been leaning more toward Gray. The dude's one of the only people in the series who still thinks when they fight.

#30 captain kidd

captain kidd

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:22 AM

My bad. 

I'm still waiting for Captain Kidd to explain what he even means then.

my bad, i was a little slow

Err, mind explaining what you actually mean there?

he was the only villain to actually get defeated in a respectable way.

how did all the others get defeated, OH you made a list for me, thanks

What about the wind mage and the shadow mage from one of the first arcs?- he was a joke to begin with- stomp

What about the master of Phantom Lord?- stomp

What about Aria (the one stealing magic)?- stomp

What about Zero? "THIS IS THE POWER TO SLAY DRAGONS" random superpowerup form another ally that stood a much better chance defeating him......OH also, zero, that is not the power to slay dragons, he gets his ass kicked by dragons a little later on.

What about the guy with speed magic from Oracion Seis?- ridiculous, this was a stretch even by FT standards, his magic doesn't slow down others, why would brain of sent him to get jallel's coffin if his magic was slowing down others perception of time.......also, if that is how his magic works, why would he say "that will slow down my speed" ya.....because your magic ISNT speed.....

What about the former king of Edolas?- i didnt like this fight, cant remember it right now. 

What about Zancrow?- by far the worst defeat of the manga, after struggling and having a hard battle and finally knowing fear form an enemy because nastu cant eat flames........he eats his flames.......good job......BUT it is OK, because the others explained "you could of been killed Natsu"

What about the other guys from Grimoire Heart?

ultear- talk no jutsu, somewhere she completly forgot about her ability to use time arc

blue note- glidartz stomped him, it was horrible, after putting up a great fight, it turns out that gildartz was actually much better then him the entire time, also the island gave gildartz power?

doll guy- did anyone take him seroiusly?

melday- talk no jutsu..... if she really wanted to kill herself, she would of

capricorn- HAHA i gave the body you were still in a ring and you didn't notice!!!! because in the middle of fights it is really hard to notice your opponent slipping something on your fingers.......

tree guy- ERZA, enough said..........

I will trow in a few more

sting/rogue- turns out Natsu was stronger then them the entire time and they just didn't know it

jackle- explosions don't work on natus because of.......FIRE......

jallel- SUPER POWERUP not you jallel, no need for you to also power up only natsu can eat that stuff...... Sure hope you dont return later in the manga inexplicably more powerful then you are now

Future rogue-

ANYONE ERZA FIGHTS- just horrible.......

ok you get my point?

All manga do this, not just FT, but FT is guilty of a lot of stupid defeats, does "borrowing tomorrows magic" ring any bells....... or "because it's erza".......

Hades was actually powerful, he humbled laxus in a single move and defeated markov like he was an after thought, THEN he was defeated by a completely reasonable series of events, NOT some ridiculous power up....... or the fact that he was never actually as strong as he let on (cough* phantom lord)

captain "Nostradamus" kidd
banner.png

#31 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:38 AM

Okay. That makes sense. Your first wording was wrong, but I get your point. 

I hated the fact Happy was the cause of Hades' defeat, personally, but to each its own. 

#32 laxus pwns natsu

laxus pwns natsu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 12:19 PM

Okay. That makes sense. Your first wording was wrong, but I get your point. 

I hated the fact Happy was the cause of Hades' defeat, personally, but to each its own

I know what is HAPPY OFFENSIVE FEAT????

#33 Nevelyn

Nevelyn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 05:36 PM

I think Shadow Rogue was one of the more trolled villians in the manga when he got defeated by Gajeel in such an anti-clamatic way.

lain___signature_by_bajtas-d3afk8o.png

The body exists only to verify one's own existence~

#34 Madara D Dragon

Madara D Dragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,933 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:11 PM

I think this is obviously a Laxus vs Gildarts thread. I think Gildarts is cooler, but the fact that he has been shown less than Laxusu makes it easyer for him to be cooler. The more you appear, the easier it is to not be extremely cool (because someone stronger may appear). I still think that this scene is epic  :aww:  And Gildarts talking about Acnologia as if he (or she) is holding back, as if he's seen Acnologia all out was gorgeous. He even says "he's not using the strength it used when it fought me. It's just playing with them". So Acnologia plays with the entire fairy tale guild and crushes it (and the island), and Gildarts fought Acnologia seriously and he survived alone: Gildarts wins  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:

"You can't take the King Marco_by_Kanomaru.gifon your first turn!!"

FoundeothTrafalgaLafan-clu-----> :aww: 

#35 Vasgoko

Vasgoko

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 12:43 AM

Probably Acnologia. That guys doesn't give a crap who he kills. 

And when he does kill, he literally shatters your body like a gust of wind going through.

Then he walks away like a badass.

Not to mention, he is the only dragon slayer so far in the series to live up to his title: A Dragon Slayer

Mira_leaning_in_to_french_kiss_Gray_in_t

---"As the previous generation had been Silver x Mika, the present should be Gray x Mira."---

#36 Slimcoder

Slimcoder

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 01:01 AM

Acnologia back when he was just a puny human actually waged a one-man genocide against all of dragon kind & actually succeeded. He is clearly the most badass character ever for having a race of immortal monsters fear you & then wiping them all off the face of the fucking Earth on your own just cause it was fun. He didn't need to become a dragon to become a God. He already was, his dragon form is just bragging rights.  B)

Edited by Slimcoder, 25 February 2016 - 01:13 AM.

#37 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 07:06 PM

does friendship count as a character?

• Chillman likes this

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#38 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 04:09 PM

It's hard to say. A lot of characters in this show have proven to be badasses when the situation calls for it. Even minor ones like Romeo and Levy (the latter not really being so minor anymore). I'm not gonna acknowledge the obvious ones like Laxus, Gildartz, Erza, Jellal, and Natsu because....that's just too obvious. The whole point of their characters is for them to be perpetual badasses.

I'm a bigger fan of the unexpected badasses. People like Mirajane, Wendy, Gray....to an extent, and most of all Lucy. She's far from my favorite character but one of my favorite things about Fairy Tail is seeing how far she's come from the newb who could barely summon two spirits at once. The chick's got some real determination to be able to come so far in such a short amount of time. And even when she was weak, you'd still always find her on the front lines (whether she wanted to be or not), fighting alongside and against people who were leagues ahead of her. Between her and Gray, I'm not sure whose solo fights I enjoy more.

This is why I never got why people compare Lucy to Sakura. Yes they're both the weak links on their teams. Yes, they both became powerhouses over time. Yes they're both whiny bitches who wear their emotions on their sleeves. But...most of Sakura's accomplishments are in filler. Aside from her fights with Sasori and Madara (and I'd hardly call the latter a fight), she spent most of the canon material lusting after and crying over a guy who's made it quite clear (on several occasions) that he wants nothing to do with her. I just don't get how much clearer one can get than trying to kill you....on three separate occasions. That's the extent of her character arc. Fighting for a man who's always treated her like garbage....even when they were friends. Even her happy ending is fucked up. She got the guy....but he basically pulled a Goku on her and knocked her up, then left for YEARS without ever contacting her or their daughter....and she's okay with that. The guy could stab her in the chest and she'd still love him...oh wait.

((My apologies for the Sakura rant. It's easy to get sucked into one of those -____-))

Yes, a lot of Lucy's development also comes from her relationship with Natsu. But said relationship isn't nearly as....pathetic or unhealthy. They still haven't even acknowledged their feelings for each other. Right now they're just friends who push each other get stronger. Not that either of them needed the push since they seem to be both pretty passionate about improving their skills just for the hell of it. Shit, Lucy wasn't even a working Mage anymore during the second time skip and she was still training to master her Star Dress ability. The girl doesn't need a reason to get better. She just loves what she does and it shows in how far she's come.

Edited by Blue22, 01 March 2016 - 01:54 PM.

• AndrewR5D4 and Chillman like this

#39 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,005 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 12:32 AM

Yes they're both whiny bitches who wear their emotions on their sleeves.

Back when I was reading the manga Lucy never had to work for anything. Her clothes just ended up ripped and bam her fights were over. She even got  a power up thanks to someone else fighting for her.

The only fight or her's that I liked was when she saved Juvia with quick thinking. 

f7c22295-c095-456a-acad-b4dcabd18025_zps

- At some point, you gotta decide for yourself who you’re going to be. Can’t let nobody make that decision for you.

#40 Druddigon'

Druddigon'

Mage

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMaison Carree'

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:35 PM

Laxus takes the cake. 

/thread. 

BxzghA.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic