Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

PREVIOUS THREAD: http://onemangaforum...88-rwby-part-3/

LAST 7 POSTS:

I struggled heavily with the first four episodes of this volume, but the audio's been much better since the fifth episode.

So, um.. You're not dropping the show Mila ?

For a start, Ironwood's guards are not native to this part of the world. They're visitors. So they're superseding local authorities here. That's the first interesting point.

The second interesting point is that given the public access during the day, it is theoretically much easier to blend in and be unnoticed than to wait for night and infiltrate a completely empty building. Especially one that's empty of everything except guards. It's like Ironwood felt that unrestricted access by day was no threat, yet completely restricted access by night was a huge threat. That doesn't make sense.

Then again, perhaps I'm being swayed by real life crime statistics that show breaking-and-entering crimes are much more likely to occur at 2pm than during the night.

The point, to me, is that there wasn't anything particularly interesting about the CCT until after Ironwood arrived in Vale - in Chapter 2, RWBY went investigating after 4pm (last class ended then), and the tower was still teaming with unrestricted public access, no military in sight (in fact, if my theory about the lift symbols being world clocks for the four kingdoms are correct, then it was after 8pm when Weiss visited the tower); it was also dark when Weiss left the tower (because Blake and Sun called for help after darkness had fallen). Yet it's now locked down so completely, there are even guards outside the building that have to be dealt with for someone to get close to just the front door, never mind actually walking through the vestibule unchallenged.

That it's not Vale's authorities controlling that building but Ironwood's men, visitors from another kingdom, tells me there is something specific - and sensitive - to Ironwood's activities going on in that building. He's in Vale much earlier than other headmasters precisely because he had military reasons for arriving early (that was mentioned during his meeting with Ozpin in Chapter 2). And those reasons have something to do with whatever it is he, Ozpin and Qrow have been in communication about.

I have no doubt that Cinder targeted the communication's building for the reason Ironwood's got it locked down, but it doesn't seem normal to me for a public-access communication tower to be locked down at night by authorities, never mind those authorities being non-native military instead of local law enforcement.

That tower is not being guarded, it's being occupied.

Yes, but the gathering wasn't the target. The only soldiers at the gathering were partying with policing Penny. If anything, it was being used as convenient cover - since they knew everyone would be at the party, they installed eyes in the place to monitor anyone that may have left so that the infiltration could go ahead.

And while it was clear Cinder didn't want to be caught in the act, what she did was just as clearly designed to be spotted. She left a trail of defeated (but not dead) soldiers, didn't particularly hide the soldier she dumped outside the building, and that image on the monitors was practically a 'calling card'.

A communications tower is designed for communicating. It has wi-fi access, which she clearly needed (given her 'that's handy' comment upon taking the already wi-fi connected device off the soldiers in the lift), so the chances are that she was either transmitting something, receiving something, or both. On the surface, it seems like Ironwood has effectively been targeted since it was his military occupying the building (indicated he had a vested interest in the building at the time) but given that he's in cahoots with Ozpin about something, that occupation is going to have something to do with Ozpin as well.

Given the Beacon wi-fi access, and Episode 8's map showing Beacon as one of several designated target locations, this could be related to Beacon in some way. Given the noise Cinder left behind (that it's clearly meant to be discovered and the culprit 'Queen' identified), it could also be a decoy, designed to distract both Ironwood and Ozpin to allow Cinder to make her next move.

I'm slightly taller then Mercury

It's not that Neo is short, it's that most of the characters are ridiculously tall. How can Glynda only be an inch shorter than Ozpin, with Ozpin and Ironwood being the same height, when in Chapter 3, Ironwood was clearly taller than Ozpin and both men more than just a single inch taller than Glynda (Ozpin and Glynda's relative heights can change drastically from episode to episode anyway).

For some reason, humans in this world are taller than real life humans. I can roll with that, but I don't really see the point.

Then again, I'm the same height as Neo, so I probably wouldn't see the point.

I don't see what is so weird about having guards patrol a communication tower at night. More than likely Ironwood and/or Ozpin were expecting Cinder or someone else to attempt something that night. After all, it is not often that most of the higher ranking hunters/huntresses are gathered in one spot for a set period of time.

Yeah, it must suck having to pretend that you don't know anyone in order to keep the safe in some way.

The twins were kind of inspired by Ruby and Weiss.

EDIT: Source: https://twitter.com/...4466944/photo/1

https://twitter.com/...632936524611584 Mounty created the twins because a friend wanted twins for cosplay.

Edited by Ren-san, 25 October 2015 - 08:43 AM.

• Lone_ant likes this

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#2 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 14 September 2014 - 11:15 PM

RT unleashes it newer show concepts... it sounds like something I would come up with

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#3 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 09:33 AM

For a start, Ironwood's guards are not native to this part of the world. They're visitors. So they're superseding local authorities here. That's the first interesting point.

What does Ironwood place of birth have to do with him having permission to place soldiers inside one of the 4 Communication Towers throughout the world?

The second interesting point is that given the public access during the day, it is theoretically much easier to blend in and be unnoticed than to wait for night and infiltrate a completely empty building. Especially one that's empty of everything except guards. It's like Ironwood felt that unrestricted access by day was no threat, yet completely restricted access by night was a huge threat. That doesn't make sense.

Then again, perhaps I'm being swayed by real life crime statistics that show breaking-and-entering crimes are much more likely to occur at 2pm than during the night.

What proof do you have showing that everyday people have unrestricted access to any of the Communication Towers?

Cause in Season 2 Episode 3 Weiss had to use her scroll in the elevator to gain access to the communication tower.

Spoiler

The point, to me, is that there wasn't anything particularly interesting about the CCT until after Ironwood arrived in Vale - in Chapter 2, RWBY went investigating after 4pm (last class ended then), and the tower was still teaming with unrestricted public access, no military in sight (in fact, if my theory about the lift symbols being world clocks for the four kingdoms are correct, then it was after 8pm when Weiss visited the tower); it was also dark when Weiss left the tower (because Blake and Sun called for help after darkness had fallen). Yet it's now locked down so completely, there are even guards outside the building that have to be dealt with for someone to get close to just the front door, never mind actually walking through the vestibule unchallenged.

That it's not Vale's authorities controlling that building but Ironwood's men, visitors from another kingdom, tells me there is something specific - and sensitive - to Ironwood's activities going on in that building. He's in Vale much earlier than other headmasters precisely because he had military reasons for arriving early (that was mentioned during his meeting with Ozpin in Chapter 2). And those reasons have something to do with whatever it is he, Ozpin and Qrow have been in communication about.

I have no doubt that Cinder targeted the communication's building for the reason Ironwood's got it locked down, but it doesn't seem normal to me for a public-access communication tower to be locked down at night by authorities, never mind those authorities being non-native military instead of local law enforcement.

You know that Weiss also mentioned that the only reason why she and Ruby used the communication room in the tower was because Ruby was intrigued by the tower. They could have just gone to the library and used the communication terminals there to get the job done as well.

I've been thinking that Cinder is going to either take control of the communication tower or shut it down at the precise moment that she needs it to happen.

That tower is not being guarded, it's being occupied.

Actually, both words are correct in this case. The tower is being occupied by Ironwood soldiers who are guarding it from intruders.

Yes, but the gathering wasn't the target. The only soldiers at the gathering were partying with policing Penny. If anything, it was being used as convenient cover - since they knew everyone would be at the party, they installed eyes in the place to monitor anyone that may have left so that the infiltration could go ahead.

It seems that you might have misinterpreted what I was trying to convey.

I never met the Beacon ball (dance) was the target for Cinder.

Just that the ball was a fortunate opportunity for Cinder to enter the communication tower to accomplish the desired task(s).

And while it was clear Cinder didn't want to be caught in the act, what she did was just as clearly designed to be spotted. She left a trail of defeated (but not dead) soldiers, didn't particularly hide the soldier she dumped outside the building, and that image on the monitors was practically a 'calling card'.

First off, remember that everyone else, other than the soldiers, was attending the Beacon ball in the building across the square. Ruby just happen to walk out of the ball when Cinder was starting her infiltration of the communication tower. Next, there was no way for Cinder to know when Ironwood, Ozpin, or Glynda would choose to leave the ball to go outside for whatever length of time they desired. Hence, one of the reasons for having Mercury and Neptune attend the school ball.

As such, Cinder needed to accomplish her mission quickly before anyone returned to the communication tower and saw what was happening.

Lastly, we won't know until future episodes whether or not anyone else saw the image on the monitors. It might just be something only for the viewers to see in order for us to know what Cinder was trying to accomplish for within the tower. After all, how often do you see large display of text on the communication screens being used by everyday people?

A communications tower is designed for communicating. It has wi-fi access, which she clearly needed (given her 'that's handy' comment upon taking the already wi-fi connected device off the soldiers in the lift), so the chances are that she was either transmitting something, receiving something, or both. On the surface, it seems like Ironwood has effectively been targeted since it was his military occupying the building (indicated he had a vested interest in the building at the time) but given that he's in cahoots with Ozpin about something, that occupation is going to have something to do with Ozpin as well.

Given the Beacon wi-fi access, and Episode 8's map showing Beacon as one of several designated target locations, this could be related to Beacon in some way. Given the noise Cinder left behind (that it's clearly meant to be discovered and the culprit 'Queen' identified), it could also be a decoy, designed to distract both Ironwood and Ozpin to allow Cinder to make her next move.

What Cinder meant by "that's handy" comment was the guard scroll which she took while it was fully opened.

It is like having someone personal identification card on you.

Who knows what damage Cinder could do by having it in her possession.

Also, Ruby had her scroll fully opened when she called for her rocket propelled locker to come to her location. Which took place right before we switched scenes back to Cinder in the communication room.

Spoiler

#4 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,253 posts

Posted 15 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

I kinda on the Juane x Neptune ship. now.

Maybe Juane can teach him how to kiss. :aww:

#5 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts
  • LocationStanding on the bridge between Sagu and Nayug.

Posted 15 September 2014 - 06:32 PM

I kinda on the Juane x Neptune ship. now.

Maybe Juane can teach him how to kiss. :aww:

Jaune may not have a chance with Weiss, but I doubt he's gonna start battin' for the other team simply because.

On the plus side, thankfully Monty isn't like Kubo, or I'd seriously be concerned for Weiss and Pyrrha's longevity, at this point.

#6 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 September 2014 - 07:26 PM

What does Ironwood place of birth have to do with him having permission to place soldiers inside one of the 4 Communication Towers throughout the world?

I never said he didn't have permission. I said there's obviously a plot-related point in having someone's military placed in charge of a building in a completely different kingdom to the one the military is from.

What proof do you have showing that everyday people have unrestricted access to any of the Communication Towers?

Cause in Season 2 Episode 3 Weiss had to use her scroll in the elevator to gain access to the communication tower.

I don't see the problem there. Plenty of public-access buildings (libraries, gyms, etc.) require some for of 'identity' or 'membership' card to use the facilities, if only to determine whether someone is a legally existing entity.

Plus, Weiss was only asked to confirm her identity once she was inside the lift and had already given her destination. The military, on the other hand, were on guard outside the building and challenged Cinder the moment she entered the front doors for being in the vestibule.

Look at the background setting in Chapter 3. While the vast majority of people that we see in the vestibule and communications room are students wearing Beacon uniforms, not everyone using the terminals are in student uniforms (whether ordinary people or, like Weiss, students out of uniform is anyone's guess).

All the lift appeared to do was ask for the equivalent of a social identity scan, which is completely equatable to what a lot of public-access buildings in real life request. Well, in Britain, at least. I can't spear for other countries, but what Weiss did in the lift seems completely normal to me for public buildings.

Now, while it could be argued that this is a Beacon academy-specific building only (which is fair enough, given the amount of uniforms we see around the building when Weiss is there), that still begs the question of why a foreign military has suddenly taken over and made it a no-go area, especially given the fact that the Beacon headmaster disapproved of said general's military presence and indicated (not only through his conversation with Glynda, but his conversation with Ironwood) that Ironwood's show of military force was not expected.

Whether it's a public-access building or a student-access building, a foreign military making it completely off-limits, seems strange to me and therefore plot-relevant - that they had taken over the building for a reason related to why Cinder broke into it.

You know that Weiss also mentioned that the only reason why she and Ruby used the communication room in the tower was because Ruby was intrigued by the tower. They could have just gone to the library and used the communication terminals there to get the job done as well.

Yes, I know. But the reason why Weiss and Ruby went there isn't particularly relevant to my opinion, except for the fact that it introduced us to a building that was a swarm of activity in (what appeared to be) the evening, with no military in sight.

I've been thinking that Cinder is going to either take control of the communication tower or shut it down at the precise moment that she needs it to happen.

Well, we know two things about the tower - it's part of the system (the CCT) that allows the four kingdoms to be able to stay in close contact with each other, and it has Beacon-accessible wi-fi. In many ways, the way it's been described makes it sound like a lifeline for civilisation to function on Remnant.

First off, remember that everyone else, other than the soldiers, was attending the Beacon ball in the building across the square. Ruby just happen to walk out of the ball when Cinder was starting her infiltration of the communication tower. Next, there was no way for Cinder to know when Ironwood, Ozpin, or Glynda would choose to leave the ball to go outside for whatever length of time they desired. Hence, one of the reasons for having Mercury and Neptune attend the school ball.

As such, Cinder needed to accomplish her mission quickly before anyone returned to the communication tower and saw what was happening.

Lastly, we won't know until future episodes whether or not anyone else saw the image on the monitors. It might just be something only for the viewers to see in order for us to know what Cinder was trying to accomplish for within the tower. After all, how often do you see large display of text on the communication screens being used by everyday people?

As I said, it was clear that Cinder did not personally want to get caught in the act. However, whatever it was she did was designed to be spotted, otherwise why leave that image of the chess-queen on every single terminal in the communications room? It almost seems like a distraction to me, especially given her comment to Mercury afterwards, where she's expecting everyone to be scratching their heads long after they've done what they came to do.

I'm sure she did something very serious in there, but it also looks to me she wanted people to know someone had been there, someone acting on behalf of the mysterious 'Queen'. Indeed, by leaving that calling card, she's ensured people are going to investigate what happened there which is part of why I think at least part of its purpose is to act as a distraction from something even more important that Cinder is planning. 

What Cinder meant by "that's handy" comment was the guard scroll which she took while it was fully opened.

I know that. But right on the back of them discussing the Beacon wi-fi password? We already know those scrolls have wi-fi access, we've seen they have inboxes which implies email capability (or would that be s-mail (scroll-mail) perhaps?). To me, it seems that we're supposed to make a link here - she's got access to everything through that scroll - not just the guard's identity pass, but Beacon wi-fi access, too.

Edited by Milareppa, 15 September 2014 - 07:28 PM.

#7 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 16 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

I kid you not, when I saw Ren during this part, it made me think of Byakuya instead and I couldn't stop laughing. :lol:

#8 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 08:52 PM

aaa.gif

• kessie and Darthwin like this

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#9 Darthwin

Darthwin

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,197 posts
  • LocationThe Void

Posted 17 September 2014 - 09:28 PM

On a semi unrelated note I think this shipping has ether gone unoticed or sunk since it has little to no fan work.  :lol:

I would see it sink anyway so I am neutral about it in some fashion.

Spoiler

Also I want to see Ruby and Penny team up at some point in the future. I would think Penny would have followed Ruby if she could have and they could have given Cinder an actual fight. No idea how destructive the end result would be, but it would have been marvelous. 

RubyGIF1.giftumblr_mvxb9nZP6U1rdis5ko5_r1_250.gif

Also my unrelated humerus picture 

Spoiler

a23e6eac-0bb9-4711-9838-7b39c5f0527e_zps

#10 FongShwei69

FongShwei69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,805 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 10:58 PM

On a semi unrelated note I think this shipping has ether gone unoticed or sunk since it has little to no fan work.  :lol:
I would see it sink anyway so I am neutral about it in some fashion.

I mentioned the possibility of that one once before, but others said they didn't see it. :shrug:

Jaune did ask where was he gonna find another quirky girl to talk to, right as Ruby walked away from him (near the beginning of vol.1). So I thought he'd eventually try hooking up with her, but he latched onto Weiss instead. Which is odd, considering she's tsundere, rather then quirky.

tumblr_mvxb9nZP6U1rdis5ko5_r1_250.gif

That had to be one of my favorite moments in vol.1. The way she smiles right as she zips backwards is cute and funny at the same time.

#11 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 12:25 PM

While Penny does have a lot of fire power to her attacks, the main downside to her attacks is that she seems to have slow movements.

I thought that she would work better with someone like Weiss who can control her movement from a distance.

#12 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 04:25 PM

http://roosterteeth....rchive/?id=9694

Todays Lesson

Kingdoms

... No I have not slept with the Princess

#13 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 18 September 2014 - 07:22 PM

I'm not sure if I like the lesson episodes or not. Part of it might be the voice acting. She sounds like she's trying to sound all mystical, but it doesn't feel natural.... or something. It's hard to describe.

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#14 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,109 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 18 September 2014 - 08:15 PM

The end of that special makes me think that the kingdoms might go to war or something =o

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#15 kessie

kessie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,880 posts
  • LocationParis, France

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

The end of that special makes me think that the kingdoms might go to war or something =o

Yeah I got ominous vibes too. Glad I wasn't the only one.

• Tokoya likes this

weareasuperteamloco_zpsxquonz8c.gif?t=14

"Those two are made for each other"

-Master Fu

#16 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,584 posts

Posted 18 September 2014 - 09:18 PM

Seeing that the Narrator is  HEAVILY implied to be the 'Black Queen' Her being ominous is a given

I note that  two major of 5 main landmasses  are considered out side of the kingdoms... IE the one that was given to the Faunus, and the nothern continent above Vacuo and Vale.

I feel that will be RWBY's Northrend

So even though they are all called Kingdoms...but they have Democratic representations

Edited by Tenno, 18 September 2014 - 09:23 PM.

• Tokoya likes this

#17 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 September 2014 - 11:53 PM

The end of this lesson reminded me of the eclipse theory. The four bright dots represents the lighthouses and they got blown out like a candle (during a eclispe). But maybe the lighthouses are only working if all four contries work together, each country bringing one important piece for it to work. Maybe that's Cinders plan. To stage a war between the countries and use that as a distraction for whatever.

#18 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2014 - 03:43 PM

I'm not surprised by the councils, but I am surprised there's no mention of monarchies - on the other hand, that just solidifies my suspicions that there may be a multi-layered reason for why the 'Queen' is called the 'Queen'. Anyway, this is what I've been waiting for ever since the Narration in the very first episode - kingdom structure and the role of the hunter academies. Given that I was of the opinion that the academies have to work together and that we're likely to see Ozpin at odds with at least one of the academies, I was wondering if one of the things the Queen is doing is trying to pit the academies against each other... I've been wondering if the main point of the Vytal tournament is to give academies a sense of 'containment' - by giving them an outlet for friendly competition it enables bonding through healthy competition instead of enmity.

In terms of cracks beneath the surface, we already know there's the potential for a falling out between Ozpin and Ironwood - not because they'd end up on opposite sides, but because there's clearly the potential for one side (the Queen's opposition) to fracture based on disagreement on how to handle the growing darkness. Some fairly obvious hints have been dropped that, under the surface, Ironwood and Ozpin have a fairly fundamental disagreement brewing over how to handle the threat that Qrow is monitoring.

Now that it's been confirmed that Mistral is definitely one of the other kingdoms and we have the implication that Weiss's family is native to (or at least is based in) Atlas, it begs the question of why people like Weiss and Pyrrha are in Vale's academy instead of Atlas or Mistral's - is Beacon is definitely the pre-eminent academy among the four, or is there another reason?

On that note, I'm actually waiting to see if Ruby becomes a flashpoint between Ironwood and Ozpin. Given that Ironwood is apparently a friend of Qrow's as well, he probably knows something of Ruby and Yang's back story; given his earlier, rather angry, comment about Ozpin thinking he can win a war with academy students, and Ozpin's Narrator comment in Episode 1 about everything hinging on a 'smaller, more honest soul' (and the volume 1 opening song that ends with 'victory is in a simple soul'), he'll probably have at least some idea of why Ozpin is so interested in Ruby. And I suspect, given that Ironwood is supposed to be a good man (Monty did confirm that Ironwood has a good heart after the Chapter 2 afterbuzz), he may conclude Ozpin is using Ruby and that Ruby may be in danger of being a victim of a past mistake of Ozpin's. Let's face it, there's bound to be some connection between Ozpin and the disappearance of Ruby and Yang's mothers (especially since I think their disappearances are connected to the mysterious Queen).

Of course, I still want to know about humanity's 'forgotten past' that was mentioned in the Narration and why it is 'appropriate' to call Dust 'dust' (so definitely a story there, especially given the first WoR episode that mentioned humans don't know the origin of Dust). The Narration also didn't explain why the Grimm decided to target humanity, which sounds like a conscious decision - but I do happen to think that the whole 'monster' and 'aura-less' concept of Grimm is to cover a smoke-screen of human-like, aura-using Grimm who are as capable of intelligence as any human or faunus.

After all, those ursa, when confronted by Yang, did have rather sentient reactions to her, and the Nevermore was openly using tactics. Who knows, perhaps Matt the Mammoth-Rider is correct - perhaps the tree-growing giant scorpion really is named Pete!

Also forgot to add:

It's great to get a clear, 3-D shot of the moon. It's definitely only one part of it that's broken, which a lot of us did speculate (it's the spin of the moon that gives us the disappearing and reappearing shattered appearance). And that's now two times during narration (by the same narrator) that the moon has been focused on at a moment of emphasis about the state of the world - in this overview, the broken moon appears as she comments on the world being a dangerous place. In the Episode 1 narration, she says 'but even the most brilliant lights eventually flicker and die' - cue segue from WoR map and the four kingdoms (or huntsmen academies, take your pick on that interpretation - this overview actually suggests they're almost one and the same anyway) to the shattered moon hanging in the sky.

I still think the female narrator is someone (the 'Queen') who learned too much and is a villain because she lost her way, and lost all hope for the salvation of life. And, yes, I do think Yang's mother is now a candidate for that narrator's identity.

And I still think those continents look like Grimm monsters. If we were reading tea leaves, those shapes would be profound predictions of the future. Given that this is a story and plenty of stories in the past have had maps designed to appear as clues, the shape of the map could easily be meaningful. Especially given that there are two continents with no reference to a kingdom on them (the dragon-shaped one between Vacuo, Vale and Atlas, and the one at the bottom of the map, south of Mistral). We at least have a reference for the southern one, given that it was mentioned as being Menagerie in Oobleck's history class. That big one in the north-west, however, is a very interesting unknown. I wonder if that's the source of the oncoming threat - Remnant's version of Mordor?

Edited by Milareppa, 19 September 2014 - 04:05 PM.

#19 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 20 September 2014 - 04:12 AM

And I still think those continents look like Grimm monsters.

I think that's a coincidence, since Mounty created the map by smearing ketchup on a napkin and used that as the continents.

The Vytal tournament reminds me of the Triwizard tournament from Harry Potter. That also had the reason of bonding people from different schools together. Hope noone dies in this tournament.

What also reminds me of something else is that the Grimm seemed kind of similar to the Titans in SnK. They only target human. They are considered monster of unknown orgin that suddenly appeared. There is the speculation that they are created by human hands and have run wild. And Milareppa just said he thinks they are some Grimms with human-like intelligence. I believe the outcome of both will be quite similar.

#20 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 September 2014 - 09:52 AM

I think that's a coincidence, since Mounty created the map by smearing ketchup on a napkin and used that as the continents.

That's a great way to create a map! I'm going to have to remember that method. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users