214 replies to this topic

#1 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 15 December 2012 - 02:57 PM

Post here if you can't remember the title of a series. Post what information you do know and the members will try and help you figure out the name of the series.

#2 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 01:20 AM

This might be very vague in detail but there's two animes I'd like to try an find if at all possible.

Don't know if this'll help or not but they were both aired on SciFi channel back when they first aired anime during late nights during the mid to late 90's. An yes I've looked up the list they have on what animes they've shown but I think some are missing since I've seen some there that weren't listed .. same applies to what I'm looking for.

The first anime I only saw the ending of, but it had this group running away from some fort or something that was on fire and this evil looking guy watching outward from a post area with the fire ablaze behind him.

Second one I saw some of and it had these kids an some adults (I think) in this desolute city that looks like a major quake or war happened in it, and I remember this young woman an some others hopping on a jet an flying around to escape or something (don't recall the dialouge), only to find that they're on some flying turle looking thing through space and have nowhere's to go (sounds weird I know); other than that I don't recall anything else about that.

Both were either OVA's or movies.

#3 sena-kun21

sena-kun21

~ Valar Morghulis ~

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Location...following Luffy.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:03 AM

Ok, my brain is about to explode.  I'm trying to remember this manga series.  The only thing I can remember was this guy can fight supernatural monsters because of his special ability.  Something to do with his one eye or something.  He fought them in this temple of sort.  And the series ended quite abruptly.  If you can figure out the title of this series with this little info, then you're my hero. :wub:   Thanks in advance. <3

#4 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:28 AM

Ok, my brain is about to explode.  I'm trying to remember this manga series.  The only thing I can remember was this guy can fight supernatural monsters because of his special ability.  Something to do with his one eye or something.  He fought them in this temple of sort.  And the series ended quite abruptly.  If you can figure out the title of this series with this little info, then you're my hero. :wub:   Thanks in advance. <3

Hitomi no Catoblepas?

http://www.mangaupda...es.html?id=8108

Guy fights some monsters and has his left eye containing the power to effect time or something.

Edited by Yuber, 19 December 2012 - 04:30 AM.

#5 sena-kun21

sena-kun21

~ Valar Morghulis ~

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Location...following Luffy.

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:59 AM

Hitomi no Catoblepas?

http://www.mangaupda...es.html?id=8108

Guy fights some monsters and has his left eye containing the power to effect time or something.

You are definitely my hero!!!! :wub:   That is the right series.  Thank you so very much!!! <3  You're awesome.  :)

• Narubi likes this

#6 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 05:06 AM

You are definitely my hero!!!! :wub:   That is the right series.  Thank you so very much!!! <3  You're awesome.  :)

Heheh Glad I could help Sena ;)

#7 lanindandi

lanindandi

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 19 December 2012 - 11:25 PM

Ok, I'm trying to remember this manga, it's about a guy who has the worst luck and the world, or I believe the world, is after him. He ends up finding a house with a demon in it. He explains his situation to the demon and after some events him and the demon start hanging out. In the end of the chapter, him and the demon plan to start a school for all and only demons. I know it's not the best description, but its the best I can do for now. -_-

joker-s-pencil-trick-o.gif

#8 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:50 AM

Ok, I'm trying to remember this manga, it's about a guy who has the worst luck and the world, or I believe the world, is after him. He ends up finding a house with a demon in it. He explains his situation to the demon and after some events him and the demon start hanging out. In the end of the chapter, him and the demon plan to start a school for all and only demons. I know it's not the best description, but its the best I can do for now. -_-

Eh hmmm

The only things I know of that center around "Bad Luck" for a character is "To Aru Majutsu no Kinsho Mokuroku" and "Happy World!".

http://www.mangaupda...ies.html?id=245

http://www.mangaupda...s.html?id=13800

But if it's not either of these then I could try to look around for soemthing.

• lanindandi likes this

#9 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts
  • Locationthe super attic

Posted 20 December 2012 - 02:55 AM

Futuristic sci fi manga I read a few years ago. The main character is this girl who gets possessed by evil/cursed sword. The sword was possibly made by her dad and it is also somehow made with new technology or something but it wants to kill. The art style is a bit rough/gritty and the manga is named after the sword.

Thats the most I can remember right now.

Edited by fatestitcher, 20 December 2012 - 02:57 AM.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#10 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 03:58 AM

Futuristic sci fi manga I read a few years ago. The main character is this girl who gets possessed by evil/cursed sword. The sword was possibly made by her dad and it is also somehow made with new technology or something but it wants to kill. The art style is a bit rough/gritty and the manga is named after the sword.

Thats the most I can remember right now.

Maken X I believe is what your talking about. It's a manga based of the Sega Dreamcast game of the same name.

http://www.mangahere.../manga/maken_x/

• fatestitcher likes this

#11 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

Maken X I believe is what your talking about. It's a manga based of the Sega Dreamcast game of the same name.

http://www.mangahere.../manga/maken_x/

Thats the one. Thank you so much. Everytime I googled maken I would also end up with Maken-ki clogging the search. Now to figure out if I forgot about it or dropped it the last time I read it.

• Narubi likes this

Posted Image

#12 lanindandi

lanindandi

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 December 2012 - 10:25 AM

Eh hmmm

The only things I know of that center around "Bad Luck" for a character is "To Aru Majutsu no Kinsho Mokuroku" and "Happy World!".

http://www.mangaupda...ies.html?id=245

http://www.mangaupda...s.html?id=13800

But if it's not either of these then I could try to look around for soemthing.

Nah, it's not any of these two >.<. Appreciate the help. 

joker-s-pencil-trick-o.gif

#13 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:08 PM

Can't remember the same of this slice-of-life series. It was a shounen, I think, where the only two characters in it are a male and female student. They both sit in the back of a classroom and the male student would do crazy/funny things to pass the time at his desk and the girl was constantly worried/annoyed/interested in what he was doing. It was pretty entertaining, but I can't remember the name of the series.

#14 Rogue

Rogue

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:43 PM

I think the one you are looking for is Tonari no Seki-kun
  • InuyashaShinichi likes this

Posted Image

#15 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 December 2012 - 10:56 PM

I think the one you are looking for is Tonari no Seki-kun

That's it! Thanks, Rogue.

Ah, it was a Seinen. So wonder I couldn't find it while searching for it.

#16 SaharaGem

SaharaGem

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNorth Mexico

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:51 PM

I've had this image saved on my computer for a long time from when i saw it on spectrum. From this image, does anyone know what manga it is from? Cuz that's all I got. xD Thanks!

Spoiler

icon_heart.gif Tardar Sauce (aka Grumpy Cat)

#17 Sev

Sev

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've had this image saved on my computer for a long time from when i saw it on spectrum. From this image, does anyone know what manga it is from? Cuz that's all I got. xD Thanks!

I hope someone can answer this! Because, damn, it looks awesome. :D

• Blackody likes this

#18 Donten

Donten

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:35 AM

It's from a game called Guilty Gear.

#19 SaharaGem

SaharaGem

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationNorth Mexico

Posted 02 January 2013 - 02:07 PM

I don't get it. So it's not a manga? Because a long time ago, it was a featured manga on spectrum nexus, which is why I only have the image, I forgot to check the name. 

Do you also know the names of the characters in the image? 

edit: guess it's called Guilty Gear xtra or something xD

2nd: oh right, thanks 

Edited by SaharaGem, 02 January 2013 - 02:13 PM.

icon_heart.gif Tardar Sauce (aka Grumpy Cat)

#20 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 11:31 PM

Yuber I'm going to try to help you next

I'm almost 100% sure it is Choujin Gakuen

http://www.mangaupda...s.html?id=47445

if not what about this

http://www.mangaupda...s.html?id=24388

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users