Photo

Question Time with Nmaan

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Question Time with Nmaan (16 member(s) have cast votes)

Who should we question next?

1. Archshot (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

2. Echo (5 votes [12.82%])

Percentage of vote: 12.82%

3. Meadow1 (2 votes [5.13%])

Percentage of vote: 5.13%

4. Raiden (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

5. Goddess Nike (7 votes [17.95%])

Percentage of vote: 17.95%

6. Lone_ant (3 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

7. soccerislife (4 votes [10.26%])

Percentage of vote: 10.26%

8. Tale (11 votes [28.21%])

Percentage of vote: 28.21%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Makaze

Makaze

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 793 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:27 PM

Welcome to Question Time with Nmaan! Ask away.

Remember to be respectful, and above all, enjoy yourselves.

Notes:
  • You may ask a maximum of 5 questions unless the person being asked the questions agrees to answering more. We don't want to overwhelm them.
  • Follow the forum rules.
  • Further rules found in the the discussion thread.
Spoiler Locked Nominations List

Spoiler Single Nominations List

Spoiler Hiatus

Spoiler Declined Particiation

I hold you in the highest regard, my friends.

ibdl7kCi5PMto4.png
τη καλλίστη | Fallacious | Technical | BBCode Editor

#2 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:49 PM

What are your: 

1) pet peeves?  

2)  top 5 favorite dishes?  

3)  top 5 favorite OP & Naruto characters (5 from each)?  

4)  top 5 actors and the movie/tv show/cartoon/stage play/puppet act that got you into them?  

5)  first and current impressions of me?  

Edited by Kazekage, 21 September 2014 - 02:50 PM.

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 02:51 PM

1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality), put in order if you can or at least point out the all-time no.1 among them? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?

2. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste, subjectively, of course), who would you choose? Who do what?

For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.

If you don't know the mangaka's names, you can just mention the manga names and the strengths they have that you would want in your manga.

3. Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)

Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)

4. What do you think about monogamy, polygamy, polygyny, polyamory, polyandry, open relationship? I mean the pros and cons and do you think ''1-1'' relationship is the ''right'' way to go or do you think people can genuinely love more than 1 and still make it work (how to keep all the lovers from fighting each other is a BIG problem, right? :xD:)? If it's your choice, no need to care about money or law or the norm standard, what would you want?

5. Favorite cuisine, favorite dish(es) and the best thing(s) you can cook? Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#4 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 September 2014 - 03:01 PM

1. Most favorite drink?

2. Book(s) you read that you wouldn't mind reading again?

3. F/C impressions?

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#5 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:46 PM

Odd I figured Tale was ahead. Alrighty here goes a little.

What are your: 

1) pet peeves?  

2)  top 5 favorite dishes?  

3)  top 5 favorite OP & Naruto characters (5 from each)?  

4)  top 5 actors and the movie/tv show/cartoon/stage play/puppet act that got you into them?  

5)  first and current impressions of me?  

1) I hate when people who have the opportunity don't bother to improve themselves or more accurately don't bother to make the effort. Also smoking, chewing with your mouth open and excessive arrogance. Oh and lack of punctuality.

2) Nihari (with other lamb curries following shortly after) Steak Pizza Spiced Grilled Chicken Salad and Admiral's Pie.

3) In no particular order

OP Brook Bell-Mere Garp Crocodile Robb Lucci

Naruto: Kakashi Jiraiya 8 tails Shikamaru Rock Lee

4) Jack Nicholson-Batman, De Niro-Cape Fear, Philip Seymour Hoffman-Magnolia, Tom Hanks-Pretty much every Tom Hanks movie/interview (He's such a nice guy) Kevin Space-The Usual Suspects. I have to say though this one's a moving list, as I watch/rewatch films I remember why I like/dislike certain actors so the list changes.

5) First: You seemed like a quick witted lad ready to engage in discussions rather than browbeating arguments

Current: Everything from the first impression, plus nice guy with smarts and very good taste in comics/tv, it's good stuff if you ask me (which I realise you did :P)

1. Top 10 favorite manga in terms of both quality and enjoyment (you know, some times you enjoy silly stuffs so enjoyment may not be quality), put in order if you can or at least point out the all-time no.1 among them? (Whether you elaborate on them is your choice). If you can only read one manga for the rest of your life which would it be, both on-going and completed (which may not be among top10 above)?

Hmm not sure about the order of them for now but here are 10 that I really like(d) with a number 1

1) Black Cat. I've got no idea why (and it might change) but this is my favourite manga right now, which is odd because I haven't read it for a few years

OP. One of the major reasons why I enjoy it, is because it's fairly consistent and has been providing entertainment to me for about 10 years, making it along with Bleach the manga I've been reading for the longest time.

I'm going to cheat and add Manhwa/Manhua because they're pretty damn good

The Gamer, the concept is unique the art is decent and I've really enjoyed pretty much every chapter

Veritas, if it had a solid ending it'd be hands down one of the best fighting manga/manhwa of all time

Slam Dunk just an all round solid manga

EyeShield21 Hiruma Youichi nothing more really needs to be said.

City of Darkness, it's really well written with amazing detail in the artwork

Feng Shen Ji again well written and great artwork

Kekkaishi I really enjoyed the battle systems and the plots within plots plus the battle scenes were well crafted and there was a good amount of humour

Shokugeki no Souma it's really damn good. I love cooking/battle mangas and this is one of the best with a damn tidy art style

I think that's 10, I wouldn't take this list as fixed as there's a good chance if you ask me next week I probably won't mention any of the manga/manhwa/manhua in this list. This is just how I feel right now.

Completed either Kekkaishi or Full Metal Alchemist ongoing I guess OP because I need to see it through to the end

2. You can choose 3 mangaka to make the greatest manga of all time (in your taste, subjectively, of course), who would you choose? Who do what?
For example: 1 does art, 1 does storyline and character development, 1 is responsible for a specific task like comedy OR you can have 2 do art (1 draws characters, the other draws background, for example) and all 3 do storyline etc. It's up to you.
If you don't know the mangaka's names, you can just mention the manga names and the strengths they have that you would want in your manga.

I'd have Oda do the world building and and put ideas forward for the unique aspects of characters/the manga (though I'd have the other two help him with pacing) Yuusuke Murata (artist for ES21 and One Punch Man though not as big a fan of that style it shows his versatility) would do the art and help contribute ideas wherever possible. Kentaro Yabuuke would work with Oda on the story but would have a greater say in characters, where Oda would have the greater say in World Building and both would have a say in storyline with Yusuke as a sounding board but really focusing on the art, s/he is able to draw subtle changes to a character and somehow show a huge difference.

Top 5 male manga characters? 5 female? (be it because of badassery, trolling prowess, sexual presence, development, depth, appearance, abilities, power, intelligence etc.)
Top 5 characters of each of the Big3 you do read? (so 5 each)

Again I'm going to add Manhwa/Manhua Characters

Ma Gangryong (Veritas) dude is just beastly, he's a badass, he's a troll, he's got great abilities and mannerisms and he just never quits.

Train Heartnet (Black Cat) the Black Cat is an incredible character, read the manga people

Hiruma Youichi(ES21) if you don't like him I'm not sure who you will like, in a sport dominated by those with incredible physical attributes, he kicks ass using just his brains, bluffing/intimidation skills and determination, training his ass off to be just a little above average in physical stats, and yet he dominates even when he gets his arm broken he dominates and laughs it all off.

Lelouch because you know he's Lelouch

Goku/Vegeta (I cheat again MUAHAHAHAHA) because without him/them there's a good chance non of the male characters you like would be knocking about.

Female

Satellizer El Bridget (freezing) because even though she's been through a ton of shit she's still kicking and has both a strong and a vulnerable side

Evangeline AK McDowell (Mahou Sensei Negima), how is a person so tiny so much trouble?

Clare (Claymore) Kicks a lot of ass even though she's starts off much crappier than her peers.

Mari (Evangelion) she's a character that got me re-interested in Evangelion

Kyouka (Dragons Rioting) read it you'll see why (if you can ignore the fan service)

There are a few others I could have gone for but these are the 5 for today.

OP and Naruto have been done so Bleach.

Hmm I'm probably going to get pilloried for this, but I honestly don't feel Kubo put as much work into developing his characters as he could/should have, and so it's tough for me to pick favourites. I'll go with Urahara Ichigo Tatsuki Shinji and Mayuri

4. What do you think about monogamy, polygamy, polygyny, polyamory, polyandry, open relationship? I mean the pros and cons and do you think ''1-1'' relationship is the ''right'' way to go or do you think people can genuinely love more than 1 and still make it work (how to keep all the lovers from fighting each other is a BIG problem, right? )? If it's your choice, no need to care about money or law or the norm standard, what would you want?

I don't particularly care as long as everyone involved is informed and willing also they should be of the right mental and physical (in the developmental sense) age, regardless of their legal ages. There are of course plenty of pros/cons, more than one person to talk to/do stuff with, additional parties to mediate an argument (which as I'm sure you're aware can be a big problem in relationships), cons such as increased risk of jealousy/hurt feelings and from a practical sense cost and space considerations.

I would personally only want a 1-1 as I don't feel that I could personally care for two people equally in that sort of relationship and if I can't do that then I'm being unfair and should never have made the commitment in the first place

5. Favorite cuisine, favorite dish(es) and the best thing(s) you can cook? Regarding that best food you can cook, do you have any specific advice (like improvisation) to make your own version?

This has somewhat been answered above but I like the cuisine of my people (so Pakistani). I can cook damn near anything even if I do say so myself, best dish though, either Nihari (which is a slow cooked thick spiced lamb stew) or a salmon bake. As for advice, follow the recipe the first time you make something (but get a good one) after that only use it as a prompt every now and then, mix and match ideas and you'll soon find you make something waaay better than you expected (course you might get a few failures but that's how things go).

1. Most favorite drink?
2. Book(s) you read that you wouldn't mind reading again?
3. F/C impressions?

1) Pink Lemonade or Water 

2) I read pretty much every book again and again, I'm currently re-reading the dresden files and then I'm going to move on to Jasper Fforde's The Road to High Saffron 1: 50 shades of grey, which I've read before too. I tend not to re-read books within a few years of reading them though (unless a sequel is coming out) because I don't really forget much for at least 3-5 years, and that's normally how long I wait to re-read the Winged Chariot (or Time's Chariot) by Ben Jeapes, it's an odd book I read it to see if I can spot something new in it. I enjoy it but it's not my usual type of book but I keep coming back to it.

3) Well I'm not sure there's been enough time to have a difference between the first and current, and it goes like this, nice guy, odd poster, creative at times very interesting at other times can get a tiny bit irritating :P.

There's your lot for now, feel free to ask as many as you like and I'm sure I'll get round to them sooner or later/

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

#6 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,223 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:57 PM

who is the most beautiful poster?

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

HUSBANDOS :wub:  

#7 Nmaan

Nmaan

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:38 PM

who is the most beautiful poster?

You mean aside from me :P? I couldn't possibly comment no matter how much you'd want me to say it was you.

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#8 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 09:46 PM

I never liked Hiruma.  I mean, he was okay, but the whole business with the trick plays and everything was way too overblown.  Part of that was because the story was written that Deimon always needed to come from behind, which, of course, isn't Hiruma's fault.

1. Tell me all about your love for Liverpool and Stevie G.

2. Which was a better day?  Winning the CL in 2005 or making it back to the CL at the end of last season?

3. How do you actually feel about Roman, Chelsea, and Lampard?

4. What do you do for work/a living? (If you don't want to answer, of course I'll understand)

5. What are your favorite ongoing and completed manga/manhwa and anime? (I've never read a manhua, so I didn't include them)

ilhd1c.jpg

#9 Nmaan

Nmaan

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 03:55 AM

I never liked Hiruma.  I mean, he was okay, but the whole business with the trick plays and everything was way too overblown.  Part of that was because the story was written that Deimon always needed to come from behind, which, of course, isn't Hiruma's fault.

1. Tell me all about your love for Liverpool and Stevie G.

2. Which was a better day?  Winning the CL in 2005 or making it back to the CL at the end of last season?

3. How do you actually feel about Roman, Chelsea, and Lampard?

4. What do you do for work/a living? (If you don't want to answer, of course I'll understand)

5. What are your favorite ongoing and completed manga/manhwa and anime? (I've never read a manhua, so I didn't include them)

You be hush now. Hiruma is a brilliant story if you look past the occasionally overblown trick plays. I mean he walked on the field with a broken arm against the man who crushed his arm.

1) My family has always supported Liverpool, so I grew up dyed in red. I saw videos of the "old days" and would stay up to watch matches/MOTD every week. I wasn't exactly flush with cash so buy memorabilia was tricky as was attending more than a few matches a season at first, once I started working things changed and I became a season ticket holder from the ripe old age of 16, I didn't buy for this season because I'll rarely get to go and there's no point in leaving a seat empty. There have been a few really great times some good times and recently quite a few bad ones. Last season 2009 and 2002 still make me ache, all three of those seasons we could/should have won the league and yet we didn't and for a club like ours it's been far too long. 

We played possession football before it became a "revolution", we had exciting wingers, brilliant strikers maverick keepers and dynamo midfielders. To this day, a few blips aside (if I ever get my hands on Hicks and Gillette well...), we still play great football especially on form.

As for Stevie he's a hometown hero, a never say die man and a really nice guy. He signs stuff even when people randomly approach him in the street when he'd be well within his rights (if you ask me) to clout some of them, they way they "ask". I know he had that thing with Chelsea but he's only human everyone gets tempted, to err is human as they say. He's rescued more games for us than I can remember, scored more goals in Europe than any other player for us, he's the only player to have scored in a League Cup Final, FA Cup Final, Champions League Final and Europa League Final. He scores he tackles he runs he leads, what more do you want :P?

2) I don't know. I suppose if you ask me at the end of this season I'll know, honestly getting back to the CL is one thing, but it's staying there that's the real test. Winning the CL was damn beautiful though and if anyone tells you otherwise they're lying. 3-0 down to a dominant Milan 3-3 and a win in penalties. When we won that I didn't think it'd get better unless we won the league.

3) Roman bugs me, because he was/is a big factor in the mega money version of football we see now, but on the other hand I can see he really cares for his club so he gets some let off. 

Chelsea I have a natural in built dislike for, but also a small amount of grudging respect. If Mou wasn't your manager I wouldn't mind them anywhere near as much.

Frank gets a raw deal from a lot of non CFC supporters, he's a great player, sure he looks weird but he's a model professional and an intelligent player.

4) I'm a junior/trainee account at GlaxoSmithKline PLC, currently I'm working on a project role to streamline our financial services, but I'm waiting to hear on a role within the UK Pharma embedded organisation, which would be a more business facing role (less interesting but needed for my personal development). My role at the moment means lots of travel so I've picked up quite a few air miles, missed out on Brazil and the US though

5) Veritas is my favourite completed manhwa, I still despair over the ending but aside from that it was perfect for me and just what I was looking for at the time I picked it up. The Gamer is currently my favourite ongoing manhwa, I might have said Kubera if it hadn't got awkward trying to read it meaning I stopped.

As above currently my favourite completed manga is Black Cat, ongoing is probably a tie between Shokugeki no Souma and One Piece, One Piece mainly because I've been reading it for so long, but SnS is probably the one I look forward to most each week.

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:42 AM

I love cooking mangas

:kakashi: So what have you read in that genre? I suppose Yakitate and Bambino are too famous. Have you read Oishinbo? Those 100+ volumes are like encyclopedia...and Chuukan Ichiban which is cooking+Suikoden-based story.

Satellizer El Bridget (freezing) because even though she's been through a ton of shit she's still kicking and has both a strong and a vulnerable side

you sure not because of BOOBS? :isee:

This has somewhat been answered above but I like the cuisine of my people (so Pakistani). I can cook damn near anything even if I do say so myself, best dish though, either Nihari (which is a slow cooked thick spiced lamb stew) or a salmon bake

That sounds yummy. The Pakistan friend in my flat cooks chicken like every single time I see him in the kitchen...well, partly because his sister in London gives him like a huge pot every weekend he's there so he eats it in next 2-3 days but still, all other times it's always chicken...I used to think Pakistan only eat chicken :xD:

I might have said Kubera if it hadn't got awkward trying to read it meaning I stopped.

I'll help you. Make an account for the spoilers btw.

Such a HUGELY VALUABLE GEM. If only Oda can hire currygom as writing assistant...

ongoing is probably a tie between Shokugeki no Souma and One Piece, One Piece mainly because I've been reading it for so long, but SnS is probably the one I look forward to most each week.

I regret reading SnS too soon. It's too good that waiting for it weekly hurts. Should have waited 5 more years and then read in bulk.

OP and Bleach used to be like that in certain phases but now...I'd rather have DDvsFuji...

He scores he tackles he runs he leads, what more do you want :P?

More defensively dominating like Makelele and makes less back pass? A bit of flair like Pogba, too. And maybe more handsome.

Edited by Fulmine, 22 September 2014 - 06:47 AM.

#11 Nmaan

Nmaan

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:52 AM

So what have you read in that genre? I suppose Yakitate and Bambino are too famous. Have you read Oishinbo? Those 100+ volumes are like encyclopedia...and Chuukan Ichiban which is cooking+Suikoden-based story.

Yakitake Bambino Mr Ajiko  Addicted to Curry Oishinbo Cooking Papa Shokugeki no Souma and others I'm probably forgetting.

you sure not because of BOOBS?

Yes because I hate fanservice and tbh cartoon/manga/anime sexualisation creeps me out a little.

That sounds yummy. The Pakistan friend in my flat cooks chicken like every single time I see him in the kitchen...well, partly because his sister in London gives him like a huge pot every weekend he's there so he eats it in next 2-3 days but still, all other times it's always chicken...I used to think Pakistan only eat chicken

It is delicious, the meat is so tender it genuinely melts in your mouth and it slides right off the bone like magic; however if it's cooked poorly it's disgusting and is an abomination, that said I can't oversell a well cooked nihari (even if the total time cooking prep and waiting can be upwards of 8-10hours). Wait you're in London/the London area? Chicken isn't actually as common in most Pakistani houses as lamb as far as I know, though that could be more to do with my subset of people, since we're closer to the mountains lamb gives more of the good stuff.

I'll help you. Make an account for the spoilers btw.
Such a HUGELY VALUABLE GEM. If only Oda can hire currygom as writing assistant...

See the thing is I want to be able to read it, without addons without convoluted steps without 2-3 websites. I just want to open, the company or mangastream or batoto and read my manga/manhua/manhwa, if I can't I get tetchy :P.

I regret reading SnS too soon. It's too good that waiting for it weekly hurts. Should have waited 5 more years and then read in bulk.
OP and Bleach used to be like that in certain phases but now...I'd rather have DDvsFuji...

I'm not sure it'll last another 5 years but I suppose it could since 3-6months have taken a year and a half.

Bleach still has moments of brilliance but they're scattered these days.

More defensively dominating like Makelele and makes less back pass? A bit of flair like Pogba, too. And maybe more handsome.

A couple of games ago he made 13 defensive actions, had over 88% pass completion and over 85% forward passes, not sure what else he can do. And besides he makes some very good long passes (though he needs to cut down on these) some great runs and great shots. He does need able runners ahead of him though. I'd like to see Henderson and Can alongside Stevie, Sterling at the tip and Balo and Studge upfront. Can and Hendo will both cover ground, both are ridiculously strong and both can pick a great pass, with those two ahead of him, the G-man will be even better.

As for the handsome part, you take that back sir you take that right back (:P). Let's see how good you look at 34 when you're carrying the hopes of a club and a country on your shoulders, when you see your beloved club almost destroyed by grubby American thieves.

Oh and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. I'm working "smarter" at work this week so I have time, even if I wasn't allowed to take leave.

QT with yours truly

Number 2

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:07 AM

Oishinbo

you read the 7 A la Carte volumes, right? Cause Oishinbo is not translated in Eng as far as I know

See the thing is I want to be able to read it, without addons without convoluted steps without 2-3 websites. I just want to open, the company or mangastream or batoto and read my manga/manhua/manhwa, if I can't I get tetchy :P.

well, just a simple step and then you can read it in Eng directly on Naver to support the view for currygom.

The site I posted is not for reading though. It's for deciphering Kubera, haha

It is delicious, the meat is so tender it genuinely melts in your mouth and it slides right off the bone like magic; however if it's cooked poorly it's disgusting and is an abomination, that said I can't oversell a well cooked nihari (even if the total time cooking prep and waiting can be upwards of 8-10hours). Wait you're in London/the London area? Chicken isn't actually as common in most Pakistani houses as lamb as far as I know, though that could be more to do with my subset of people, since we're closer to the mountains lamb gives more of the good stuff.

Sounds good. I prefer mutton over lamb but yes, they are all delicious. I love kebab the most when it comes to lamb but that's Turkish not pakistani I guess. And

recently I eat pita like everyday which is why Hayama's pita ''burger'' is amazing :P My home country's food has been mentioned in SnS also. Maybe you're waiting for a Pakistani one, eh?

No, my Pakistan friend's sister is in London. He goes there every weekend. I was in Nottingham but currently not in UK. My brother lives near Liverpool (yay) Street station though.

#13 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:53 AM

1. Erina or Megumi?

2. Who's more hated, Everton or Utd?

3. Reason(s) for logging in private?

4. How did your username come about?

5. Any plans to change your current avatar?

P.S. Let's both laugh at each other. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Edited by Frozen_Flare, 22 September 2014 - 08:56 AM.

yjEhBS7.png

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

A couple of games ago he made 13 defensive actions, had over 88% pass completion and over 85% forward passes, not sure what else he can do. And besides he makes some very good long passes (though he needs to cut down on these) some great runs and great shots. He does need able runners ahead of him though. I'd like to see Henderson and Can alongside Stevie, Sterling at the tip and Balo and Studge upfront. Can and Hendo will both cover ground, both are ridiculously strong and both can pick a great pass, with those two ahead of him, the G-man will be even better.

Well yeah but still...Makelele's defense and Pogba's flair are GREATER! You ask what else can one want so I just bring up the best additions for him to be the best anchor ever, not the best he can do, hehe.

As for the handsome part, you take that back sir you take that right back ( :P). Let's see how good you look at 34 when you're carrying the hopes of a club and a country on your shoulders, when you see your beloved club almost destroyed by grubby American thieves.

That's hardworking peasant-ish excuse. An ageless charming handsomeness that is immune to work and time is what I seek :-_-:. Like...Redondo, the best slow( :hurr:) CMF/DMF ever

1. Erina or Megumi?

4. How did you username come about?

Can't help intruding: Erina hands down. But Megumi is really great though. Thank God I don't have to endure a meek, cute, borderline useless like Onodera archetype of characters...

I thought that was answered in his last QT.

#15 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,999 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

Can't help intruding: Erina hands down. But Megumi is really great though. Thank God I don't have to endure a meek, cute, borderline useless like Onodera archetype of characters...

Since when did you read SnS?

I thought that was answered in his last QT.

This is my first time posting question(s) on the QT threads. Heck, I don't even lurk here. laugh.gif

I made an exception this time round coz of our rivalry. :)

yjEhBS7.png

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

Since when did you read SnS?

since it had 20 chapters out. But I read randomly, jumping from chap 23 to 41 then 15 then 60 etc. like that cause I saw some guys on Internet posted the recipes of some of the dishes so I just went straight to the chapters to read the explanation hence I knew nothing of the story :hurr: which is why I did not post in its thread... I just decided to read the first 10 chapters last Saturday and finished yesterday. The prologue one-shot is also perfect. I actually like that more than the jelly thing...which is the only complain I have so far but it can't be helped that the actual series has to be different from the one-shot I suppose.

#17 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,305 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:36 PM

1. If you could have any super power which one would it be? Reality warping and anything that threatens the universe is out of the question.  

2. What is the one thing that you want to change the most in your life?  

3. If you could go back to any point in time, which year would it be and why? 

4. Are darker and depressing stories and protagonists inherently better than lighter and more comedic stories? Please explain your answer.  

5. The Nolan Batman trilogy or the Marvel Cinematic Universe and why?  

6. If you are writing a story involving characters with super powers and based on your observation on such manga's such as One Piece, Naruto and anything else you have read,  what are the most important rules to remember?

7. A twist on Tale's usual question: would it be morally wrong to eat a cow that has the same level of intelligence as you do and doesn't want to be eaten? Of course it is but I will eat it.  What about you?  Would you eat it and why or why not?  

8.  If you are given the opportunity as a writer or editor to put together a story and characters from every major and minor franchise ever and  from any country are available to you,   which fictional characters would you choose and why? And if you are simply an editor and you simply has to choose the characters so in addition to those characters, who would you choose to write and draw your story and why?   

9. What would be your dream job?  

10.  If you were given the opportunity to erase any one event from history thus leading to the butterfly effect where the ripple effects of those events never occurred, which one would it be and why?  

11. Which fictional characters do you identify with the most and why? 

12. Which characters would you cosplay if you had the time, money, the perfect excuse, resources and the sudden strong urge to?  

Edited by Kazekage, 22 September 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#18 Sloan

Sloan

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,032 posts

User's Awards

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

Anything you spend money on everyday?

Favourite 3 threads past or present?

Favourite board game?

Favourite word?

Last time you did a random act of kindness?

2pyaix0.jpg

#19 m1hawkgsm

m1hawkgsm

Forum Mathematiquè & Reduntarian

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,007 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 12:41 AM

1. Expectations versus reality in meeting me? Same for strawhats!
2. I have a bunch of fookin' money, and I get JoE, you, zetruz, and we make a company. What should we be in business for, and what would be your role?
3. If you hadn't had all the goddamn work you had when I visited you, where would we have gone?
4. How do you feel to know that you worked so hard to send me to the wrong airport and get stranded?
5. F/C

D9wwdJt.jpg

#20 Nmaan

Nmaan

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 23 September 2014 - 04:24 AM

1. Erina or Megumi?

2. Who's more hated, Everton or Utd?

3. Reason(s) for logging in private?

4. How did your username come about?

5. Any plans to change your current avatar?

P.S. Let's both laugh at each other. http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/img/forum... http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/img/forum... http://www.hardwarezone.com.sg/img/forum...

1) Megumi has shown growth whereas Erina hasn't. I'm quite in favour of that. On the other hand Megumi is a bit too much of a wuss and Erina is a strong(ish) character, so I dunno.

2) United, I don't think anyone outside of LFC supporters dislike Everton and for most of us we still respect them as a quality and well run club with good values and good football. Whereas a lot of people dislike United.

3) I dunno I think it's auto on since I'm always signed in, no real thought behind it if I'm honest.

4) There were many hours of wrestling with ideas, deep thought, and even a day spent in solitude in a cave before I cam up with it. Alternatively I took out one letter from my name and left it at that.

5) Nope chibikashi represents much that is right in the world.

1. If you could have any super power which one would it be? Reality warping and anything that threatens the universe is out of the question.  

2. What is the one thing that you want to change the most in your life?  

3. If you could go back to any point in time, which year would it be and why? 

4. Are darker and depressing stories and protagonists inherently better than lighter and more comedic stories? Please explain your answer.  

5. The Nolan Batman trilogy or the Marvel Cinematic Universe and why?  

6. If you are writing a story involving characters with super powers and based on your observation on such manga's such as One Piece, Naruto and anything else you have read,  what are the most important rules to remember?

7. A twist on Tale's usual question: would it be morally wrong to eat a cow that has the same level of intelligence as you do and doesn't want to be eaten? Of course it is but I will eat it.  What about you?  Would you eat it and why or why not?  

8.  If you are given the opportunity as a writer or editor to put together a story and characters from every major and minor franchise ever and  from any country are available to you,   which fictional characters would you choose and why? And if you are simply an editor and you simply has to choose the characters so in addition to those characters, who would you choose to write and draw your story and why?   

9. What would be your dream job?  

10.  If you were given the opportunity to erase any one event from history thus leading to the butterfly effect where the ripple effects of those events never occurred, which one would it be and why?  

11. Which fictional characters do you identify with the most and why? 

12. Which characters would you cosplay if you had the time, money, the perfect excuse, resources and the sudden strong urge to?  

1) Telepathy (as in mind control not just reading), I'd use it to nudge things in my favour but no more than that and I wouldn't use it to outright control people/dominate things.

2) If we're talking about me personally then I struggle with these questions mainly because so much of what I am is a result of what I've experienced. A reflex answer would be I'd love to get rid of the physical issues that have affected me and still cause me plenty of problems but coping with those helped shape me and gave me a frankly exceptional pain tolerance, but they've also changed my world view. So I suppose I'll go with something far more superficial and say my nose. I've had it broken twice and it's bloody annoying, it aches in the cold, has a bit of a swell in it and sometimes affects my breathing. 

If we're talking an event to change then there is one that I'd like to change but I'm afraid it's a little too personal to share.

3) Hmmm, do I get to come back and do I speak the language of the time? If so I'd like go to the time of Genghis Khan, how incredible would it be to see the hordes amassing and the fairly deft tactics employed?. If not maybe back to 2011 that was a good year I had a lot of fun and learnt more than I expected during that year.

4) No, neither are they inherently worse. Each caters to a different niche or even a different need. There are times when I want to read nothing but a lighthearted comedic type story at that point at dark story would be useless to me. Similarly if I want to read a dark story there's no point to a comedic story. Also it's not true that a dark story is inherently deeper than a lighter story, and I would reject that whenever anyone brings that up.

5) Marvel DCU for me there's a lot more depth, there's certainly more variety, and I personally didn't enjoy the Nolanverse as much as everyone else seems to. Also Bale bugs the crap out of me. That said if they release a good Phantom Stranger Movie I'm there.

6) There are a few 1) plan out the major details/arcs but leave somethings to inspiration, 2) don't lose control of the plot but allow it to grow, same with characters treat them like a garden, the flowers/plants need to be allowed to flourish and bloom but not the point that they overrun the entire garden and adversely affect the other plants. 3) Also even with superpowers you need to be careful not to jump the shark.

7) At the point probably not, it'd be creepy and I'd feel guilty, I don't think it'd be morally wrong though not really.

8) I'm going to come back to this one and it probably deserves more thought than I can put into it so early in the morning.

9) Successful stand up comic, with a regular spot on a show like Mock the Week

10) I think you're assuming I'm smarter than I am. I mean I'm good damn good (:P) but even I couldn't predict the ripple effects of removing one event. At this point though I'd probably say September 11th (side note you're doing dates wrong Americans it's day month year in ascending order, month day year has no logic to it). And that'd be because it led to a lot of unnecessary violence/bigotry tension and conflict. It also showcased the greed in human nature which is an ugly side to us. 

11) Strong Guy Deadpool and Harry Dresden. Strong Guy and Deadpool both suffer but try their best to hide it and still function to one degree or another. Strong Guy shows you what you can do/be if things work out, Deadpool shows you how things can pan out badly but even then you can work to improve your lot. Harry Dresden is a character who constantly takes on opponents bigger/tougher than he is, and even when afraid doesn't back down, he's flawed but strongly believes in doing the right thing (so much so that he was taunted by an opponent with a gravestone as a present with "he died doing the right thing" on it) and will do everything in his power to protect those dear to him. All three also demonstrate what hard work and intelligence can do for you.

12 This would be very out of character for me (hope you enjoyed that pun). I suppose I'd go as hatted Phantom Stranger because who doesn't look good in a trench coat and fedora?

Anything you spend money on everyday?

Favourite 3 threads past or present?

Favourite board game?

Favourite word?

Last time you did a random act of kindness?

1) Aside from food? Probably not

2) I liked the BOB3, I also enjoy the Sports Thread (it's where you're most likely to find me) and I suppose the most over/underrated thread for OP in OMF 2.0, it doesn't seem to have the same kick here.

3) 3 way tie, trivial pursuit, monopoly and scrabble. I tend to win whichever I play :P.

4) Right now it's disingenuous because of a work thing.

5) Most days to be honest, whilst hopefully not blowing my own horn, just yesterday I gave £20 to a homeless person and helped an older gentleman with his shopping.

1. Expectations versus reality in meeting me? Same for strawhats!
2. I have a bunch of fookin' money, and I get JoE, you, zetruz, and we make a company. What should we be in business for, and what would be your role?
3. If you hadn't had all the goddamn work you had when I visited you, where would we have gone?
4. How do you feel to know that you worked so hard to send me to the wrong airport and get stranded?
5. F/C

1) To be perfectly honest you were a little more restrained and a little more hairy than I expected otherwise pretty much what I thought. 

SH was exactly as I expected.

2) I'm sure we did this last time, although that may have included near unlimited money, assuming that isn't the case we should do bespoke PR junk, we can use you to make computery stuff (get trained up on fancy websites and apps) JoE would do youth outreaches Zet would correct grammar and I would be CEO money guy and in charge of our PR. We'd raise the profiles of companies in several different mediums so we'd be a hit.

3) Assuming there's a time and place when I don't have work (I've had 2 week's vacation in the last 94). We could hit the markets in the day (which I realised you did) and Leicester Square at night there's always something to do there. We would also check out Southbank since there's pretty much constantly some "festival" or another going on. I'm not sure if you checked out the Natural History Museum but that shit is incredible especially when the better displays are out. Street Feast and Boxpark are definite things to do. Also we should go to Ronnie's Jazz club. If you were around in August I'd say the Notting Hill Carnival. There's a shit ton of things to do in London if you have time and energy.

4) I feel somewhat vindicated if I'm honest. I've always thought coming to heathrow is the best option because of the transport links and because you can't forget that heathrow is your airport :P even if it is a tad pricier. Also a little bit annoyed because it was a difficult route to plot. A little of me laughed at you :P but the majority of me just felt bad for you.

5) First I thought you were an intelligent poster, thought you were a fair bit older than I am, nice guy some odd theories. Current I've realised you're basically insane and younger than me mentally if not physically :P still all round nice guy and a lot of fun. (*cough, cheques to be made out to Nmaan Ltd, cough*) .

QT with yours truly

Number 2