• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 02 October 2014 - 08:50 PM

Previous Thread

7Xafo.png

Previous Ten Posts:

I have cookies. What I want is a readable translation.

That escalated quickly. I like how he looked all nervous once they came out for the fight lol. He's an interesting case.

Not when I'm waiting for my car to be serviced, I can't.

:meditate:

Breaking my rule of not commenting on a chapter until I've reviewed it (yes, I have rules about these things - I don't usually read the forum until after I've reviewed the chapter, either), because I really will be derailing the thread if I don't behave, I suspect the reason for playing up Askin's nervousness is two-fold. The first to emphasise that there are at least two tiers of Schrift-level quincies, and the second to make Askin seem more impressive when he finally fights.

I bet Askin is gonna be the Ulquiorra of this group....

Except they are on polar opposites when it comes to personality.

Didn't Ulquiorra have extra wings or something that made him different from the others though? That's what I'm thinking is the case with Askin.

So guys...ready to see Askin getting KOd by Chad? :lol:

Don't really matter He'll just get offscreened By Byakuya -I'm just pure fan service- Kuchiki

Not while there's a black guy around for Byakuya to kill.

Literally Lol'd. I'm thinking Askin might be the last of this group to be taken down. I've enjoyed his role so far. Mysterious and fun. Hasch, Bazz, and Askin have been great for me. Gigi too in a way.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#2 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:05 PM

Gigi is VR Queen in our hearts!

Careful OM; the more everyone expects Askin to do something the more likely he'll die. See: Stark, Ginjou, Kenpachi(got fucked up nearly dead)

#3 Youngflash

Youngflash

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1374 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:14 PM

I feel like he's just been putting on. And that was the reason he was promoted. Just so that Juha could keep an eye on him maybe? Askin has always appeared to have his own plans... He doesnt seem mindless like the rest.

Edited by Youngflash, 02 October 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#4 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:26 PM

Gigi is VR Queen in our hearts!

Careful OM; the more everyone expects Askin to do something the more likely he'll die. See: Stark, Ginjou, Kenpachi(got fucked up nearly dead)

Kenpachi still gets to do stuff with his lame ass.

• PlasmaWolf likes this

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

#5 KUROkami

KUROkami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationHyperbolic Time Chamber

Posted 02 October 2014 - 09:27 PM

His bio should read as follows lol:

Askin Nakk Le Vaar

Sternritter Letter "T"

The Trollolol

#6 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:49 AM

Are you ready for the D?

Posted Image

#7 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 03 October 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm ready for this to be the most disappointing of the Stern Ritter. Maybe he'll die randomly when Kenpachi wakes back up:

Kenpachi (from down in the Soul Society): AHAHAHAHAHA

-- Cut to Askin

Askin: Oh no. That's the laughter of the strongest individual ever...

--- Kubo cuts back to Kenpachi one shotting 12 Stern Ritter who were never foreshadowed to exist prior to this panel

KENPACHI ZARAKI

--- Kubo cuts back to Askin

Askin: Impossible! He just took out the 12 strongest Stern Ritter ever... in one hit!

--- A hole appears in Askin's head

Askin: Damn! My powers over being able to kill opponents in one hit have suddenly been reflected back onto me due to my doubting my own abilities!

--- Kubo cuts to Kenpachi

Kenpachi: Fucking boring.

Fandom: HNNNNGHHH :perv: :perv: :perv:

Edited by RandomRider, 03 October 2014 - 11:27 AM.

• Tom Ace, Ultrafragor, PlasmaWolf and 1 other like this

#8 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:13 PM

"Woah there"

It's because he has these type of entrances why he's the coolest sternritter.

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#9 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 03 October 2014 - 12:50 PM

"Woah there"

It's because he has these type of entrances why he's the coolest sternritter.

Too bad he's destined to be fodderized.

#10 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:12 PM

You dont really think that.

Posted Image

#11 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 03 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

You dont really think that.

I do.

Seriously, where is his out right now? Was he going to stage a coup against Bach? You know, the guy who gave them their powers? Is he going to fight against a Royal Guard member? Or part of the Ichigo-incoming squad? Either way, he's fucked. If he opts into staging a coup against Bach when the new forces arrive, that would be an opportune time to show the reader that Uryu has gone over "for good." (even if he hasn't)

If he fights Sado? He will win. Then he'd probably have to fight someone who is an actual threat.

If he fights Yoruichi? He's fighting against mountains of hype. Not to mention, for all we know - Urahara will show up to bail her out if she does get into trouble. Whether or not Urahara was shown heading there now, is irrelevant. Kubo can handwave that with plot-altering science.

Kubo has utterly failed with the Stern Ritter so far. They've gone from being vaguely interesting and somewhat cool - to a joke. Their releases are lazier than any Espada release and most of them are shadows of what Kubo did before. It's a shame, because a lot of them had potential, I'm not going to deny that. Bazz-B was showing shades of Grimmjow, but was less prone to fucking around. Nodt was great. Mask was a hilarious ham. Hell, even Gordon - who died without giving us a name, was interesting to me because he was a silent antagonist, for the most part. He reminded me of that professional killer that you see in films every now and then, all this war shit? Is old to him. He didn't mess around with Shunsui.

Askin is no different. One minute he's going on about whether or not he has a choice. So we might start thinking that he's going to betray the Vandenreich and make a difference if the Shinigami get into trouble. But then? Kubo decided it would make more sense to have the shinigami annihilate the Stern Ritter and for said Ritter to start betraying one another without much rhyme or reason. The in-fighting was turned into a potential coup plotline into an exaggerated Grimmjow v Ulquiorra situation.

So after Kubo made such a decision, he ported Askin up with a bunch of never-before-seen characters. If that's not foreshadowing for fodderization, I don't know what is.

• PlasmaWolf, Damanos, angervictor and 1 other like this

#12 The Exile

The Exile

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 03:30 PM

Given his status as 1 of the Elite Guard, i very much doubt that. He's like Urahara, a lot stronger than he lets on and a bit of a habit of trolling his opponents which is good cuz that makes him more interesting. 

#13 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

I do.

Seriously, where is his out right now? Was he going to stage a coup against Bach? You know, the guy who gave them their powers? Is he going to fight against a Royal Guard member? Or part of the Ichigo-incoming squad? Either way, he's fucked. If he opts into staging a coup against Bach when the new forces arrive, that would be an opportune time to show the reader that Uryu has gone over "for good." (even if he hasn't)

If he fights Sado? He will win. Then he'd probably have to fight someone who is an actual threat.

If he fights Yoruichi? He's fighting against mountains of hype. Not to mention, for all we know - Urahara will show up to bail her out if she does get into trouble. Whether or not Urahara was shown heading there now, is irrelevant. Kubo can handwave that with plot-altering science.

Kubo has utterly failed with the Stern Ritter so far. They've gone from being vaguely interesting and somewhat cool - to a joke. Their releases are lazier than any Espada release and most of them are shadows of what Kubo did before. It's a shame, because a lot of them had potential, I'm not going to deny that. Bazz-B was showing shades of Grimmjow, but was less prone to fucking around. Nodt was great. Mask was a hilarious ham. Hell, even Gordon - who died without giving us a name, was interesting to me because he was a silent antagonist, for the most part. He reminded me of that professional killer that you see in films every now and then, all this war shit? Is old to him. He didn't mess around with Shunsui.

Askin is no different. One minute he's going on about whether or not he has a choice. So we might start thinking that he's going to betray the Vandenreich and make a difference if the Shinigami get into trouble. But then? Kubo decided it would make more sense to have the shinigami annihilate the Stern Ritter and for said Ritter to start betraying one another without much rhyme or reason. The in-fighting was turned into a potential coup plotline into an exaggerated Grimmjow v Ulquiorra situation.

So after Kubo made such a decision, he ported Askin up with a bunch of never-before-seen characters. If that's not foreshadowing for fodderization, I don't know what is.

So, your reason for expcting him to fail is that you think the SR as a whole are failures. 

Well, Kubo has gone the extra mile to differenciate him from the standard SR, so wouldnt that kinda imply he will have a different fate as well? If not, then why focus on Askin at all, is what im askin? 

Posted Image

#14 LordPerucho

LordPerucho

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2943 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 05:50 PM

Destined to be fodderized by EL CHADO, ever since the manga said he was the weakest among the Elite Sternritters.

20r7osn.png

If you want to get to know someone, you need to make an effort to learn why they're angry. - Mito Freecss.

#15 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:30 PM

So, your reason for expcting him to fail is that you think the SR as a whole are failures. 

Well, Kubo has gone the extra mile to differenciate him from the standard SR, so wouldnt that kinda imply he will have a different fate as well? If not, then why focus on Askin at all, is what im askin? 

Why focus on Bazz? He had rebellious traits. Or maybe Candace. There's a lot that got flashes of focus before this.

#16 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Why focus on Bazz? He had rebellious traits. Or maybe Candace. There's a lot that got flashes of focus before this.

Its a different kind of focus, because, unlike most of the SR, his focus appeared outside of battles, which would indicate that Kubo is purposedly giving him importance as a whole character, instead of simply an opponent for the Shinigami to overcome. The same goes for Bazz-B. 

Posted Image

#17 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1282 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:43 PM

Obviously he's gonna die because he's not on Ichigo's side, but I still don't think he''l be fodderized, if that happens I will be very disappointed. However, I didn't expect him to take on RG, him going up there just has me wondering what's gonna happen to the SS. I mean, there aren't much quincy left down there, especially with the fullbringers, grimmjow and two senior captains not having fought yet. This leads me to believe two things can happen

1. The wardown there will take a turn for the worse as it relates to the soul reapers, like maybe one sterntitters goes bat shit crazy and whips out some OP, haxed superman like ability and annihilates everyone.

2. Or the soul reapers wrap up the battle down there and are transported to the RR via Kukkau, Mayuri and Urahara's help (which I believe is the reason Urahara stayed in the first place) once everyone's done fighting we'll probably find out about another canon that Kukkaku was hiding just in case of a situation such as this.

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#18 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 03 October 2014 - 07:53 PM

Its a different kind of focus, because, unlike most of the SR, his focus appeared outside of battles, which would indicate that Kubo is purposedly giving him importance as a whole character, instead of simply an opponent for the Shinigami to overcome. The same goes for Bazz-B. 

Importance in Bleach is fleeting.

Askin had that scene with Haschwald in the palace, which never really resulted in anything. Kind of like the entire insurrection concept, we knew that the Stern Ritter didn't all believe in this URYU = GREAT concept. But instead of unifying? They just ended up killing one another. Then we had the very cryptic statement by Askin before they went up to the Royal Realm. We never saw anything out of that. In fact, he seemed utterly shocked that he was dragged up into the Royal Realm to begin with.

This indicates to me, that he is not fully in control of his destiny - so I guess you could say that we did get something out of his statement earlier.

No, he doesn't have a choice, he's a pawn until he dies.

Maybe we'll get a deathflashback with him though. Maybe.

Probably not. Unless he fights Rukia, Renji, Byakuya or Kenpachi. Then he'll get a lot of chapters for a fight.

#19 ryuzaki07

ryuzaki07

N00b

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3560 posts
  • LocationOuter Haven

Posted 03 October 2014 - 08:08 PM

he seemed utterly shocked that he was dragged up into the Royal Realm to begin with.

Then we had the very cryptic statement by Askin before they went up to the Royal Realm.

Those two points complement each other. Askin was expecting to be chosen, which probably means he did something before that would qualify him as a Sternlichter, whatever that is remains a mistery for now. 

Askin had that scene with Haschwald in the palace, which never really resulted in anything. Kind of like the entire insurrection concept, we knew that the Stern Ritter didn't all believe in this URYU = GREAT concept. But instead of unifying? They just ended up killing one another.

too soon to expect anything out of that exchange, but the seed is planted, give it a chance to flourish. We know Askin has an agenda of his own and so does Bazz-B. That plot point is well estabilished and will definetly develop into something.

This indicates to me, that he is not fully in control of his destiny

Not really, because if he expected to be chosen, then he did plan it, and that puts him in control of his destiny. 

Rukia, Renji

They've had their fill for this arc. Theyre not doing anything anymore. Matter of fact, theyll probably lose to Bazz-B. 

Posted Image

#20 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6146 posts

Posted 03 October 2014 - 10:49 PM

Matter of fact, theyll probably lose to Bazz-B. 

if they do there wouldn't be anyone to defeat Bazz - B

The wedding is back on, Go here to RSVP Here

PS Chillman isn't allowed to RSVP he has to sit in the back.

tumblr_ofiqs3LgoT1ttuk3wo8_400.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users