Photo

Veritas

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
32 replies to this topic

#1 911119

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:11 PM

Discuss about the Manhwa over here

http://www.mangaupda...s.html?id=16971

Posted Image

#2 Don't say

Don't say

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,545 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 12:13 PM

Veritas u say..Still no info about season 2? :/

#3 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 01:04 PM

Read it

Nice read wonder if there will be a part 2.

438b6dc4-4b96-40ed-91e3-93581b8572b6_zps

“When you play the game of thrones you win or you die. There is no middle ground.” 

Spoiler Cersei Quotes

#4 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:31 PM

I'm pretty sure there will never be a part 2. The artist has been doing other series and the author was having money troubles or something.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#5 Raiden

Raiden

That Zoro Fan Dude

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 03:55 AM

yeah that's so sad :( It was a really really good manhwa, one of my most liked in the time it was frequently updated. It had a lot of awesome characters and a very decent plot, it's sad that so much good manga get cancelled nowadays :/ (damn yyou stupid japanese/koreans! >.<)

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

9958384cd25b54e19f67b0e862a0d3b6.jpg

Spoiler

#6 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,949 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:07 AM

Will always be one of my favorites. So much potential wasted.

I mean everything up until that last arc was so good. Loved all the drama, the characters, the fights and the art was always top notch. I was so looking forward to this big tournament that was about to happen. All those matchups would have been amazing and seeing everyone fight after their training and seeing all their new abilities would have been great. Then I think once the series was given a death flag the author just... I don't know... went nuts and tried to rush as much as possible. Lots of good characters were lost. I just with things could have gone differently with this series and it was given more time, but oh well.

#7 fatestitcher

fatestitcher

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 December 2012 - 04:15 AM

Even though the ending was pretty heart wrenching I enjoyed it a lot, even as it was updating weekly. It is strange to think that I was only person who enjoyed the ending even though I too didn't like the fact the manhwa itself had ended.

For such a quick deadline to finish I think the author did an amazing job with the ending.

Posted Image

Don't look at it directly

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 15 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

Just finish this. I like the ending :xD: Of course, if I believe there will be 2nd season then it's even much better. That is not to say, if 2nd season never comes into existence, the ending is great story-wise. I just like it because of the madness and twist which I think can still be done after the tournament wraps up (less dramatic and surprising, though). I still want more good fights.

The art is good, typical manhwa feel but still among the better art I've seen (or read) even counting manga and manhua. But it's not very amazing as I've seen some advertised on the internet cause the background is city and school so there's not much to show off art skills in terms of scenery. The character design is only good enough but again, they are students not fantasy characters like One Piece so it's understandable that the designs are less creative. The women are drawn nicely IMO (best after volume 7), except for when they wear uniform. I feel the boobs are drawn so...typically unnecessarily large in uniform, especially when the waist is that thin. Well, it's not like I can blame them for having large boobs but they are drawn too stand-out and a bit unnaturally for my taste. Kubo can give this manhwaga some advice on this matter with Matsumoto Rangiku (her boobs is WOW but still look perfect with her body. Seriously Kubo is damn good with his female body when he tries). On the other hand, when those female are in fighting clothes or other outfits, they look amazing with Madoka and Liquid Shark as the best examples. Yuri, too (she looks amazing those ''office working'' attire)

The fights are good. The choreography is well done and among the best I've read but too bad it ends without an extended, ''serious'' fight (except Rud vs Guhoo but that is still not pushed to max potential due to being an early fight) so it never really reaches that satisfying level => I can't give it ''great'' status yet(?). What a shame! Regarding the fighting, I want the effect and power level of some characters to be scaled down a bit, though. They are not island-busters but still, making that large fire prison is a bit over-the-top for me with such story (firing fireball is enough) or one claw attack and several walls destroyed? Nah, better focus more on punch and kick and body movement. Make it more human-like martial art-ish. Not that I have not seen crazier, though and this is subjective and personal preference so it's a minor complain.

The plot is also good. It's not grand or something given this is high-school setting (although it can be very big if you count the other academies in other countries) but it's done really well. The twist and backstories are nice. The characters are also likeable but they are not fully fleshed out yet (another thing I can let slide if I think about the ghostly 2nd season). The loyalty of Madoka and her friends are so...weird, not that I have not seen the same, or should I say it needs more explanation and flashback story to make more sense to relate better to the character.

Also, this story does not really force evil/good in its grand scheme. I definitely hate what the council did to Honse and most of their action which leads to me rooting for the Nine Dragons but regarding the biggest question which is Reunion vs Tradition, for that there's no clear answer the way I see it. Which is what I like.

I did enjoy it a lot regardless of the flaws. One thing I want it to change is it should be more seinen-like ( or is it already seinen?). More brutal and explicit. It has lots of blood and quite often nudity but still...a bit darker would be best for my taste.

My favorite characters are:

Male:

Gu Honse: this guy is goddamn comedic relief and at the end very badass. I don't like his design but no problem with it either. Truth to be told, I end up thinking his appearance is just perfect for such role in the story. A shame that we don't know anything about his original martial art but I guess it's definitely a traditional one (with artificial ki from Reunion).

Lee Jin Yup (Fire Dragon): Something weird is happening to me recently. I like another fire user? Man, but this guy is so cool. His look is a factor, too. White dress and shooting flame in such elegant manner is a win.

Hayato: easy-going, smiling face and mild personality but at the same time really strong with a good brain and considerate of both sides? All checked. He did say his drive is self-fish and I think so, too but at the end of the day I believe he does act based on his sense of justice. That scene where he talked with Vera on the roof totally gets me. I think it has potential to show Vera's delicate relationship with her friends and develop them all (yeah, where's 2nd season?)

Shin Jeeha: dude is so carefree and funny. His traditional art seems to be about illusion or something (I don't really get it). I like his partnership with Rud.

Rud Han: is a cool guy from start to his last scene. His last moment is so disappointing. Sacrificing? Normally that is cool but in that specific situation I don't like it one bit. It's plain stupid.

Female:

Appearance-wise: Han Eunmee/Makihara Madoka, Yuri Linus and Liquid Shark. Totally f***able materials. :perv:

Overall? Nah, I don't have any favorite female in this one. The main female cast are all worth hating on some level or just have too little exposure to character for me to like them. That said, Vera Linus is an interesting character. Like, her indifference, her childhood, her love for Lightning Tiger, that crying for Madoka at the end, her...''flawed impartiality'' and also that calm attitude in dealing things, all of that constitute her person and I like that. She's someone worth reading to understand but yeah, not to my liking as a person. Though after her problems are solved, this type of character has great potential to develop into my taste.

Overall, this is a 7/10 series for me. It's good. Again, if I think about the 2nd season and look at this just as the introduction then I would say it's 8.5/10 cause it did well ''introducing'' us to the series :xD: . If I could fix it into a complete series with the end remaining the same then I'd change what I have said above then add:

-1-volume worth of flashback/background story, scattered here and there along the plot, of the Heaven's Riches 5 Path (especially Yuri-Vera relationship), all the past rivalries, significant figures of those families along with the other non-5 Path schools to explain them all so that the current storyline is fully understood. 4 chapters should be good for that. The remaining 6 chapters is to put in Yuri vs Yoochun and the other fights in that ambush on the ceremony day. 

- 2 volumes of the tournament. That would be 20 chapters so on average 4 chapters for each fight which is about right. Actually cut off 1-2 chapters from Shinra vs Jeeha (I think Jeeha stomps :isee: ) and Madoka vs Paul and add that to Honse vs Vera or Hayato vs Muyoung. Despite being the main character I don't think Gangryong vs Yuhwa needs too much screen time while Rud vs Guhoo has already been shown before so...

- 2 final volumes that has the coup d'état expanded with real fights (Hayato would comeback and Jeeha, Honse, Yuhwa, Muyoung all join in). Last moment would be Yuri wakes up and trolls them all :banana:

Now that would be a compact 15 volumes of great joy and quality for me. Definitely 9/10 for that.

However, the story mentions schools in other countries so it, of course, can be really long with overseas interaction (and I think that's the original plan of the manhwaga anw) which makes ending the manhwa there a bit unsatisfied but that can be solved with Yuri achieving Godhood and effectively means foreign competitors do not matter one bit. :hmph:

Edited by Fulmine, 27 April 2014 - 08:50 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#9 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 06:40 PM

What did you feel about Guesong-bro?!

#10 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 07:00 PM

As a character he's great among the cast in this manga. That type is promising in terms of development and also interesting for the meat of the story. But I don't really like him as a person so...

Being that blind in love...and died before any redemption, haizzz.

#11 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:11 PM

I found him unrealistic. I couldn't believe that he did all that purely out of 'love', especially towards an obviously evil person. It seemed like a bizarre obsession instead of love. Same for Madoka too...

#12 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 09:45 PM

I found him unrealistic. I couldn't believe that he did all that purely out of 'love', especially towards an obviously evil person. It seemed like a bizarre obsession instead of love. Same for Madoka too...

he did not know Vera was that bad when he did those. Under most daily circumstances Vera is indeed like an impartial, cold president but not outright evil.

And such obsession is realistic, I think.

#13 HSHINJI

HSHINJI

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:23 AM

Just finish this. I like the ending :xD: Of course, if I believe there will be 2nd season then it's even much better. That is not to say, if 2nd season never comes into existence, the ending is great story-wise. I just like it because of the madness and twist which I think can still be done after the tournament wraps up (less dramatic and surprising, though). I still want more good fights.

The art is good, typical manhwa feel but still among the better art I've seen (or read) even counting manga and manhua. But it's not very amazing as I've seen some advertised on the internet cause the background is city and school so there's not much to show off art skills with scenery. The women are drawn nicely IMO (best after volume 7), except for when they wear uniform. I feel the boobs are drawn so...typically unnecessarily large in uniform, especially when their waist is also thin. Well, it's not like I can blame them for having large boobs but they are drawn too stand-out and a bit unnaturally for my taste. Kubo can give the manhwaga some advice on this matter with Matsumoto Rangiku (her boobs is WOW but still looks perfect with her body). On the other hand, when those female are in fighting clothes or other outfits, they look amazing with Madoka and Liquid Shark are the best example. Yuri, also.

The fights are good. The choreography is well done and among the best I've read but too bad it ends without an extended, ''serious'' fight (sans Rud vs Guhoo but that is still not pushed to max potential due to being an early fight) so it never really reaches that satisfying level => I can't give it ''great'' status. What a shame! Regarding the fight, I want the effect and power level of some characters to be scaled down a bit, though. They are not island-busters but still, making that large fire prison is a bit over-the-top for me with such story (firing fireball is good enough) or one claw attack and several walls destroyed? Nah, better focus more on punch and kick and body movement. Not that I have not seen crazier, though and it's very subjective so it's a minor complain.

The plot is also good. It's not grand or something given this is high-school setting (although it can be very big if you count the other academies in other countries) but it's done really well. The twist and backstory are nice. The characters are also likeable but they are not fully fleshed out yet (another thing I can let slide if I think about the ghostly 2nd season). The loyalty of Madoka and her friends are so...weird, not that I have not seen the same, or should I say it needs more explanation and flashback story to make more sense to relate better to the character.

Also, this story does not really force evil/good in its grand scheme. I definitely hate what the council did to Honse and most of their action which leads to me rooting for the Nine Dragons but the biggest question is Reunion vs Tradition and to that there's no clear answer the way I see it. Which is what I like.

I did enjoy it a lot regardless of the flaws. One thing I want it to change is it should be more seinen-like ( or is it already seinen?). More brutal and explicit. It has lots of blood and quite often nudity but still...a bit darker would be best for my taste.

My favorite characters are:

Male:

Gu Honse: this guy is goddamn comedic relief and at the end very badass. I don't like his design but no problem with it either. Truth to be told, I end up thinking his appearance is just perfect for such role in the story. A shame that we don't know anything about his original martial art but definitely a traditional one (with artificial ki from Reunion, I guess).

Lee Jin Yup (Fire Dragon): Something weird is happening to me recently. I like another fire user? Man, but this guy is so cool. His look is a factor, too. White dress and shooting flame in such elegant manner is a win.

Hayato: easy-going, smiling and mild personality but at the same time really strong with a good brain and considerate of both sides? All checked. He did say his drive is self-fish and I think so, too but at the end of the day I believe he does act based on his sense of justice. That scene where he talked with Vera on the roof totally gets me. I think it has potential to show Vera's delicate relationship with her friends and develop them all (yeah, where's 2nd season?)

Shin Jeeha: dude is so carefree and funny. His traditional art seems to be about illusion or something (I don't really get it). I like his partnership with Rud.

Rud Han: is a cool guy from start to his last scene. His last moment is so disappointing. Sacrificing? Normally that is cool but in that specific situation I don't like it one bit. It's plain stupid.

Female:

Appearance-wise: Han Eunmee/Makihara Madoka, Yuri Linus and Liquid Shark. Totally ****able materials.

Overall? Nah, I don't have any favorite female in this one. The main female cast are all worth hating on some level or just have too little exposure to character for me to like them. That said, Vera Linus is an interesting character. Like, her indifference, her childhood, her love for Lightning Tiger, that crying for Madoka at the end, her...''flawed impartiality'' and also that calm attitude in dealing things, all of that constitute her person and I like that. She's someone worth reading to understand but yeah, not to my liking as a person. Though after her problems are solved, this type of character has great potential to develop into my taste.

Overall, this is a 7/10 series for me. It's good. Again, if I think about the 2nd season and look at this just as the introduction then I would say it's 8/10 cause it did well ''introducing'' us to the series :xD: . If I could fix it into a complete series with the end remaining the same then I'd change what I have said above then add:

-1-volume worth of flashback/background story, scattered here and there along the plot, of the Heaven's Riches 5 Path (especially Yuri-Vera relationship), all the past rivalries, significant figures of those families along with the other non-5 Path schools to explain them all so that the current storyline is fully understood. 4 chapters should be good for that. The remaining 6 chapters is to put in Yuri vs Yoochun and the other fights in that ambush on the ceremony day. 

- 2 volumes of the tournament. That would be 20 chapters so on average 4 chapters for each fight which is about right. Actually cut off 1-2 chapters from Shinra vs Jeeha (I think Jeeha stomps :isee: ) and Madoka vs Paul and add that to Honse vs Vera or Hayato vs Muyoung. Despite being the main character I don't think Gangryong vs Yuhwa needs too much screen time while Rud vs Guhoo has been shown before so...

- 2 final volumes that has the coup d'état expanded with real fights (Hayato would comeback and Jeeha, Honse, Yuhwa, Muyoung all join in). Last moment would be Yuri wakes up and troll them all :banana:

Now that would be a compact 15 volumes of great joy and quality for me. Definitely 9/10 for that.

However, the story mentions schools in other countries so it, of course, can be really long with overseas interaction (and I think that's the original plan of the manhwaga anw) which makes ending the manhwa there a bit unsatisfied but that can be solved with Yuri achieving Godhood and effectively means other competitors do not matter one bit. :hmph:

I'd say the Mc is one of the best i've ever seen. No cheesy stuff about being special  solely due to Blood lines and the fact he loves fighting is actually nice for a change. The chosen one complex which is endemic in shouen is missing thankfullfy in the MC.

Rud's suicide while not ideal from a logic standpoint was fair especially given the time constraints on the manhwa. Due to the fact it was about to be cancelled it was pretty much a given the flow would have to be rushed.

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 26 April 2014 - 10:03 AM

I'd say the Mc is one of the best i've ever seen. No cheesy stuff about being special solely due to Blood lines and the fact he loves fighting is actually nice for a change. The chosen one complex which is endemic in shouen is missing thankfullfy in the MC.

really? He's rubbish

Rud's suicide while not ideal from a logic standpoint was fair especially given the time constraints on the manhwa. Due to the fact it was about to be cancelled it was pretty much a given the flow would have to be rushed.

still stupidly executed.

#15 Red Haired Shanks

Red Haired Shanks

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

I didn't know there was a thread about Veritas here. Nice...

The best martial arts/school life/fantasy manga I have read till today and one of my favourites in general.

@Fulmine

If you think that the main character is rubbish you have to reread the whole god damn thing!

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:42 AM

I didn't know there was a thread about Veritas here. Nice...

The best martial arts/school life/fantasy manga I have read till today and one of my favourites in general.

@Fulmine

If you think that the main character is rubbish you have to reread the whole god damn thing!

I read it thrice. Sorry he's rubbish

#17 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:59 AM

You b@stards got my hopes up that there would be a continuation for this story! :angry: Queue the next guy to think I'm a b@stard for getting his hopes up. :lol:

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:05 AM

You b@stards got my hopes up that there would be a continuation for this story! :angry: Queue the next guy to think I'm a b@stard for getting his hopes up. :lol:

I don't need 2nd season. I need Veritas hentai by the manhwaga himself :perv:

#19 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:16 AM

I don't need 2nd season. I need Veritas hentai by the manhwaga himself :perv:

Rofl :lol: ! Why not a merger of both ideas? A continuation that is far more erotically explicit, it could even lend credence to categorizing it as a seinen as you asked before. ;)

Edited by Urek Mazino, 27 April 2014 - 11:16 AM.

XE6c6KC.png?2

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#20 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,038 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 11:20 AM

Rofl :lol: ! Why not a merger of both ideas? A continuation that is far more erotically explicit, it could even lend credence to categorizing it as a seinen as you asked before. ;)

I want outright ****ing, not nudity panels. Though something like Berserk would do but still, hentai is better. Unless the publisher somehow allows straight porn in the manhwa then Veritas might become a Masterpiece :isee: