#21 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:30 AM

Check again and it's his assistant writing that, but still funny nevertheless :lmao:.

• azer_moli and Lone_ant like this

auJZmWF.png

#22 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:17 AM

A translation of one of Mashima's recent tweets from verduistering at narutoforums:

真島ヒロ ‏@hiro_mashima
小学生の女の子が3人ぐらいでまとめてファンレターを送ってきてくれた。ハッピー可愛いとか、心温まる内容 だった。こういう手紙を見るたびに「もうエロい絵描くのやめようかな」と一瞬だけ考えるが、次の週にはおっ ぱい描いてる。

I got a fan letter from three female elementary school students. "Happy is cute" etc - the content was heartwarming. Whenever I see letters like that, I think "Should I stop drawing erotic pictures?" for a second, but I'll end up drawing boobs again the week after...

• Peleihno, DaEvilWithin, taichi and 3 others like this

#23 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:39 AM

._.'

Yeahhhhh. 

Wait. So when FT experiences a drop in gratuitous fanservice we can chalk that up to some elementary school girl's letter eh? 

#24 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 01:43 PM

what a fucking moron he is.. he got 5 out of ten right. lol

Actually, that's not written by him. It's written by his assistant Kina, aka the assistant Kinana is loosely based on. So she's the one you should be calling "a fucking moron".

._.'

Yeahhhhh. 

Wait. So when FT experiences a drop in gratuitous fanservice we can chalk that up to some elementary school girl's letter eh?

In general, pretty much. Contrary to some of it's detractors, Fairy Tail has a fairly wide fanbase that reads it for things other than the fanservice aspects.
  • azer_moli likes this

#25 Silveritz

Silveritz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationWhere there's no boundary

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

He doesn't look like a very nice man. 

Mashima looks like a naughty version of Oda, serve with a generous pinch of troll. 

• DaEvilWithin and Phenomiracle like this

resizedimage_zps0e6c85a3.jpg

- Be Better, Not Bitter -

#26 MangaGremlin

MangaGremlin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 06:05 PM

Mashima could write a chapter about nothing but Happy teaching how to count in Japanese, and I would read it.

Of course that has nothing to do with the inevitable fan service that chapter would have.

#27 Jeral Fernandes

Jeral Fernandes

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
  • LocationBeyond Infinity

Posted 25 March 2013 - 11:49 PM

I'm not making any progress with the name. There are times when I finish 20 pages in 2 hours, and there are also times when I can't even get 1 page done in 10 hours.
ネームが進まない。2時間で20P終わる時もあれば、10時間かけても1Pも進まない時もある 。

It's been a while since the last time my name was rejected entirely. I'm redoing all 20 pages. But since it's for the sake of making an interesting story I won't consider it all that troublesome.
久しぶりにネームの全ボツくらった。20P丸々書き直し。だけど面白い一話を作る為なら全く苦 じゃない。

Sound like his chapter got rejected for whatever reasons. Most people at this point think that he tried to kill off someone in the upcoming chapters, and the editors didn't like it :lmao:.

Edited by Jeral Fernandes, 26 March 2013 - 12:30 AM.

auJZmWF.png

#28 Phenomiracle

Phenomiracle

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,208 posts
  • LocationGarden State

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:13 AM

^ Not understanding what he means by "name." Does he mean "chapter?"

L o y a l t y              |             B l o o d l i n e

ZmZNGgT.gif

#29 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 26 March 2013 - 12:15 AM

Name is basically a storyboard of a chapter.

• Phenomiracle likes this

#30 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,058 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 26 March 2013 - 04:24 AM

Sound like his chapter got rejected for whatever reasons. Most people at this point think that he tried to kill off someone in the upcoming chapters, and the editors didn't like it :lmao:.

Entirely; gosh, that's harsh.
If it means he has to think everything anew, that could change what he had planned for the rest of the arc.
At least, this time, people would know the editors are to blame if things don't go their way...

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#31 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 01:16 PM

It was probably alternate Lucy's death.  He could have spent a whole chapter on main Lucy going mental over her other version dying.

Mashima is probably under pressure to pick up the pace.  

#32 Sloth9230

Sloth9230

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:06 PM

The spoilers that got leaked a long time ago did say we would be saying goodbye to Jellal... Not sure if those were real, but if they were then I hope he changed his mind, Everyone knows Jellal is immortal anyway. 

#33 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2013 - 11:28 PM

I wonder just what kind of things are going on behind the scenes. I feel like with the anime being put on hiatus Mashima is being pressured to push the series along.

ms6WwFj.gif

#34 kai_83

kai_83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:22 AM

i always thought that the mangaka has the final say in all this after all, he is the creator and he knows better the story that he wanted his fans to read but i guess i was wrong. if the story got butchered, we know who blame anyways <_<

on a side note, perhaps the editors were wary that it would go down the same way rave has :unsure:

Edited by kai_83, 08 April 2013 - 05:23 AM.

#35 Nmaan

Nmaan

King of the Sports Discussion

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationWhere strength is a poor substitute for courage.

Posted 08 April 2013 - 05:58 AM

While it's true the mangakas do have a good deal of power it's also true that the publishers have some clout too, even the anime team has some weight behind it.

DBZ was pushed on past the Cell Saga because the publishers wanted it. Then Gohan was supposed to be the major hero but that idea was panned demand was for Goku, hence Goten and eventually the return of Goku who had so "nobly" decided to stay dead.

That's not to say the publishers could suddenly come in and say OK this teh suxxor from now on Natsu has wings and claws and Lucy is an Elf also Levi is the strongest mage in FT. But the mangakas do want to stay in their good books if only so they'll push for the animes and look more favourably on said mangaka's next work.

• The Witcher likes this

Feed me and I'll be your friend forever, steal my treats and I make you into meats.

I'm big and I'm bad, so try not to make me mad. xD

http://thepunchlinei.../2010-10-18.jpg

QT with yours truly

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

Number 2

http://onemangaforum...ime-with-nmaan/

#36 The Witcher

The Witcher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,305 posts

Posted 12 April 2013 - 02:03 PM

^Pretty much. The mangaka may have the final word, but if there's something your publisher strongly insists on its a bad idea to disappoint them; you have to keep a good relationship with the companies that hire you and help you launch and market your product.

I don't really like it, but sometimes they give pretty useful advice based on their experience in the industry and knowledge of reader trends. For example Sasuke was originally created after Kishimoto's editor advised him to introduce a rival for Naruto.

#37 kai_83

kai_83

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 08:05 AM

^Pretty much. The mangaka may have the final word, but if there's something your publisher strongly insists on its a bad idea to disappoint them; you have to keep a good relationship with the companies that hire you and help you launch and market your product.

I don't really like it, but sometimes they give pretty useful advice based on their experience in the industry and knowledge of reader trends. For example Sasuke was originally created after Kishimoto's editor advised him to introduce a rival for Naruto.

useful huh? that is why that manga is more of sasuke's story rather than naruto's. :mellow:

#38 nosebleed

nosebleed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 03:34 PM

The spoilers that got leaked a long time ago did say we would be saying goodbye to Jellal... Not sure if those were real, but if they were then I hope he changed his mind, Everyone knows Jellal is immortal anyway. 

I thought he said people weren't going to be happy about what he was going to do to Jellal during the last arc.   The last arc just came and passed...  he just lost a match and disappeared for the rest of it.  He was sidelined.

#39 Krono

Krono

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 07:46 PM

nosebleed, on 13 Apr 2013 - 16:38, said:
I thought he said people weren't going to be happy about what he was going to do to Jellal during the last arc. The last arc just came and passed... he just lost a match and disappeared for the rest of it. He was sidelined.

Last arc was Tenroujima, we're still in the Grand Magic Tournament arc. Nor did he say anything about people being unhappy about what he was going to do to Jellal during this arc. His preliminary notes for the arc had something that read "Jellal and (parting; separation; farewell)" in them at a point where it'd be logical for indicating Jellal splitting from the group in the games.

#40 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,171 posts

User's Awards

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:53 AM

From his twitter

• Sev and Phenomiracle like this

ms6WwFj.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users