#22 Maiaku

Maiaku

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTree house

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:50 AM

Does that mean debates on sexism is just a waste of time--since it wouldn't matter anyway what people think of your actions so long as you think it right and it doesn't add much to the improvement of the existing situations and we might as well go along with what we got and be based about it?

I share your sentiment on sexism arguments being too far-fetched at times; but I think it's important to hear what other also say about this, so we can reach mutual understanding on it.

Does that mean debates on sexism is just a waste of time--since it wouldn't matter anyway what people think of your actions so long as you think it right and it doesn't add much to the improvement of the existing situations and we might as well go along with what we got and be based about it?

I share your sentiment on sexism arguments being too far-fetched at times; but I think it's important to hear what other also say about this, so we can reach mutual understanding on it.

I just wanted to express what is in my mind now. Is it wrong ?? so Go Ahead if you guys want to debate it, and thank you for little pouring my statement in your article

• YoWid likes this

sig_batik2_zps5coooz3x.jpg

#23 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:53 AM

as strong as the strength of women, they also need protection from men. eg hmmmmm ... when they're having trouble as they were treated rudely by people,
 as a man  we have to protect it even if they could be stronger than men

If that's your stance, so be it--though I personally think strong females need not such protection from males; for they indeed are strong enough to defend themselves properly.

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#24 Dezta

Dezta

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBandung

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

I know  you @Maiaku feel as a woman, who may become many victims in this case 'I mean : Woman". So I think that's ok what she wanted to express her voice here.

• Maiaku likes this

#25 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:58 AM

I just wanted to express what is in my mind now. Is it wrong ?? so Go Ahead if you guys want to debate it, and thank you for little pouring my statement in your article

Nothing's wrong with that. I'm glad that you voice your opinion on it--since I wanted to hear the opinions of as many people here who care about this subject as possible. Opinions should be free; and you and all others here should be free to voice it here.

I know  you @Maiaku feel as a woman, who may become many victims in this case 'I mean : Woman". So I think that's ok what she wanted to express her voice here.

Of course, and as I said:

Nothing's wrong with that. I'm glad that you voice your opinion on it--since I wanted to hear the opinions of as many people here who care about this subject as possible. Opinions should be free; and you and all others here should be free to voice it here.

#26 Dezta

Dezta

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBandung

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:20 AM

ohhh God, hmmm is difficult to explain. yes I know they can do it. But what if they are in a state hospital or in case they are not powerless ?? we do not help them?
Ok, maybe I was not good at speaking, so  you misunderstand
Hmmm both women and men ( all the same) i think that is important all together mutual respect, mutual love and mutual understanding, especially to families and couple...
HoHoHOHOhoooooooooo ;)

ohhh God, hmmm is difficult to explain. yes I know they can do it. But what if they are in a state hospital or in case they are not powerless ?? we do not help them?
Hmmm both women and men ( all the same) i think that is important all together mutual respect, mutual love and mutual understanding, especially to families and couple...
HoHoHOHOhoooooooooo ;)

I guess the bottom line is it. and may be able to reduce sexisme ;)  

#27 Maiaku

Maiaku

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTree house

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:22 AM

HoHoHOHOhoooooooooo ;)

* plok plok plok * :)

#28 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:23 AM

HoHoHOHOhoooooooooo

That's not protection as in 'everyday protection for their safety', more like 'protection for the well-being of someone else lest they cease to exist', which is applicable to males or females or otherwise.

You're quite eloquent in putting forward your ideas, and I respect that.

Also, I agree with the italic and underlined part of your post there.

Also, I agree with the italic and underlined part of your post there.

At least when it comes to the first and third part of it.

#29 Maiaku

Maiaku

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTree house

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

HoHoHOHOhoooooooooo ;)

and maybe  i guess To Solving sexism can be done individually or
Collectively, by reporting discrimination occurred, or also
provide counseling or education about sexism

• YoWid and Dezta like this

#30 Dezta

Dezta

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBandung

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:46 AM

waw .. yes.  it can also be done.
I've read a journal about sexism and one way to handle it as you say
;) *jempol*

#31 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:48 AM

Do you think that the education about sexism should be incorporated in the national curriculum of the students in Indonesia? From what level/age is ideal in your opinion (elementary/grade school; junior/middle high; or high school; or higher educational setting)?

I personally think there will be opposition on teaching sexism/gender studies the students prior to university/college; especially by the more-conservative-minded, but I won't write off the possibility of it being taught not exclusively in college/university setting if our society here could be more tolerant about its pedagogy in the near future.

#32 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

I posted in this thread on One Piece about the main protagonist, who is a male, being put in a cell to be viewed by females in female-only island and even being grabbed in the penis and it being stretched like a rubber man he is in the story.) Links in which sexism is mentioned are here and here.

Yeah i do not think this is sexist.

This is more of people asking questions about something they do not know about. A child seeing the opposite parent naked or a sibling naked would have almost the same response. And lets not forget they where also removing mushrooms from his body.

Also Sexism is a very fine line as well. If a women wants to be a stay at home mom all the power to her or if a male wants to be a stay at home dad all the power to him. I really hate the idea that now both parties must be working or view as something lesser.

• YoWid likes this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#33 Dezta

Dezta

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19 posts
  • LocationBandung

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

Do you think that the education about sexism should be incorporated in the national curriculum of the students in Indonesia? From what level/age is ideal in your opinion (elementary/grade school; junior/middle high; or high school; or higher educational setting)?

I personally think there will be opposition on teaching sexism/gender studies the students prior to university/college; especially by the more-conservative-minded, but I won't write off the possibility of it being taught not exclusively in college/university setting if our society here could be more tolerant about its pedagogy in the near future.

i think  maia mean  education about sexism can be incorporated into lessons that can be associated with sexism, the level of education in accordance with the education about it. Perhaps the level of high school or junior high.. ;) ok Thank U 

• YoWid likes this

#34 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:03 PM

Yeah i do not think this is sexist.

What is sexism in your opinion?

A child seeing the opposite parent naked or a sibling naked would have almost the same response.

If 'almost the same response' you mentioned here involves grabbing the genitals out of curiosity; I think that wouldn't be happening in most cases but it may exist, rare though it may be.

Also Sexism is a very fine line as well. If a women wants to be a stay at home mom all the power to her or if a male wants to be a stay at home dad all the power to him. I really hate the idea that now both parties must be working or view as something lesser.

What about females in career in general? There are many accusations on sexism at work directed mostly to males; especially males in power (sexual harassment comes into mind); but other than instances of blatant sexual harassment, I think I'm still unclear on this 'sexism at workplace' subject.

#35 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,166 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:23 PM

3.What is sexism in your opinion?

1.If 'almost the same response' you mentioned here involves grabbing the genitals out of curiosity; I think that wouldn't be happening in most cases but it may exist, rare though it may be.

2.What about females in career in general? There are many accusations on sexism at work directed mostly to males; especially males in power (sexual harassment comes into mind); but other than instances of blatant sexual harassment, I think I'm still unclear on this 'sexism at workplace' subject.

1.They only grab it because they thought it was a mushroom, at first. I do not remember them grabbing it after that.

2. Yeah females in pursuing careers are most likely being victims of sexism. Yo anyone women who wants to be a career women cannot have a child before 30 or the window close on them.

3. Sexism is so hard to describe. I have no idea where to start.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#36 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:58 PM

Relevant:

To be fair, that Spider Woman cover art was very poorly drawn.

Edited by Peleihno, 16 November 2014 - 12:58 PM.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#37 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:59 PM

To be fair, that Spider Woman cover art was very poorly drawn.

How so?

Edited by DarkNemesis, 16 November 2014 - 12:59 PM.

• YoWid likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#38 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:45 PM

How so?

Spoiler

Just awful, but artistic liberties, I guess.

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#39 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,179 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

Just awful, but artistic liberties, I guess.

You didn't answer the question, but ok.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#40 Passingby

Passingby

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,508 posts
  • LocationWindy City

Posted 16 November 2014 - 03:06 PM

If sexism is the deliberate belittling of a certain sex's characteristics and person, then incidentally, shouldn't a man adoring a woman's body the reverse of such?

Also, I think you are all tackling issues here bordering and perhaps even more apposite of feminism and objectification of the human person and body, which I would contend as far more encompassing of a plethora of issues that goes beyond sexism itself. 

• Fulmine, theonlygeezy and YoWid like this

YouTube: • MV 레드벨벳 • 

crYWlPI.gif

RED VELVET

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users