458 replies to this topic

#41 Rimi

Rimi

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2171 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

A flame thread would be a great place for me to voice my opinion on Ayame's hair. +1 support.
  • ruggia, Baka-Dynasty, Nyu and 1 other like this

ms6WwFj.gif

#42 Velvetbrush

Velvetbrush

Child of tsuntsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRadiant's bottom tower

User's Awards

Posted 26 December 2014 - 04:28 AM

I suggest we try ummm... "recruiting". Most of us must be part of another community where we could find people or have friends there we could invite to join OM forums -- Steam groups, Facebook groups and pages, etc. I don't really see discussions on Facebook anime pages as good as the ones we have here so that could be used to charm em and drag lure get them to join us.

When they do come and join, let's drop the "Hey, welcome to the forums. I shall now cease from interacting with you ever again". Posting in their intro thread is awesome, but adding them up, and hitting a nice little chat with them is chicken nugget golden.

I've also told some friends about getting newbies involved in the QT thread. Coz it really is pretty difficult to invite yourself over at some festivities when you just moved into the neighborhood.

Adding more events would help too. Though I don't have any ideas for that at the moment.

• ZCOverload, Sev, Baka-Dynasty and 2 others like this

qhq6wke.png

#43 OP Eyes FTW

OP Eyes FTW

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4058 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 10:40 AM

I didn't even know we had a FB page. ._.

It is sort of difficult to grow the community because we aren't connected to a manga reader anymore (crazy to think that OM lost its reader 4 years ago now), but we are sort of lucky as a lot of the larger reading sites out there don't really have forums. Still, it is December and that time of year where people are traveling, studying for finals, and getting ready to graduate. So a lot is going on.

Wow, that was four years ago already? OneManga used to be my main manga reading site. How sad. Can't believe I've been around for that along. 

• Sev likes this

Over-Powered Eyes For the Win!

#44 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:19 PM

I agree with the one of page 1. The cause is Naruto. I even noticed a decline during the time when Kishi got slugish with the plot.

Solution: OM community should propose/find/promote an alternative to the big three and push it a little bit. "Attack on titan" should be now on top, except that it's not weekly. That "Beelzebub" appears to be number 7 on mangapanda while I've never heard about it... etc

#45 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12391 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:38 PM

Beezlebub used to be the shit on OMF.

• Nyu and YoWid like this

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#46 Nyu

Nyu

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

I've never read Beezlebub myself, but I know for certain its in the top 10 on all the main manga hosting websites:
Anymanga
MangaFox
Batoto (I'm there)
Tenmanga
Mangahere
  • YoWid likes this
..nyuu?

#47 mantisstalker

mantisstalker

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4123 posts
  • LocationDessert Bluffs

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

I personally fell off activity here because of the RP drying up, and now the reasons for why I joined in the first place are fulfilled with Pathfinder^^

Still, I do stick around for the mafia group. Not as big as it use to be, and things are steadily getting quieter, but I really like the community.

I'd get into other parts of the forum but I prefer smaller conversations, so Skype is pulled into play again. Plus everyone else is scary.

• Nyu and YoWid like this

xwj6hphfvwez_zps37695cdc.png

Manty is a being of Chaos afterall. It was only natural he'd confuse you.

#48 KamiYama

KamiYama

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 27 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

I frequented the old forum in it's heyday- mainly in the art section. But I noticed that the number of user's had really dropped in the move to this server. I prefered having such a massive (at least to me) userbase. Like being an explorer and trecking through the forums and gaining a reputation (good or bad, you decide. oh wait) I liked OMF (there be dragons). I'm not entirely sure how more users could be enticed back.

#49 tattaslayr

tattaslayr

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:24 PM

Well if you're looking for suggestions I have quite an obvious one. Bring back the reader! There. I said it! Hang me I dont care.

I feel like it's a taboo arround here to talk about it, and I know it's highly unlikely to happen, but the truth is that if you want real activity on the forum then this is the most effective method.

kind regards,

A veteran lurker 

Edited by tattaslayr, 28 December 2014 - 01:25 PM.

• Nyu likes this

#50 kame d. kaze

kame d. kaze

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1816 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

I have been a part of OMF since 2008. I plan on being a part of it until it's last day.

Recruit more Bleach fans and especially OP fans and you are good to go, me thinks.

#51 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1429 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 28 December 2014 - 06:15 PM

I frequented the old forum in it's heyday- mainly in the art section. But I noticed that the number of user's had really dropped in the move to this server. I prefered having such a massive (at least to me) userbase. Like being an explorer and trecking through the forums and gaining a reputation (good or bad, you decide. oh wait) I liked OMF (there be dragons). I'm not entirely sure how more users could be enticed back.

Yeah, it is sort of sad but we had no control over the old forum dying. The people who owned the old site and forum just left a long time ago and then quit paying the server costs. So the site just died randomly one day without any notice. Nothing we could do about that.

#52 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19158 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 08:18 AM

People should read Kubera more. Tons of stuffs to discuss. And nanatsu no Taizai can replace Naruto for now

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#53 ndriana

ndriana

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 29 December 2014 - 05:11 PM

Yeah, it is sort of sad but we had no control over the old forum dying. The people who owned the old site and forum just left a long time ago and then quit paying the server costs. So the site just died randomly one day without any notice. Nothing we could do about that.

Buy the domain and redirect it here before it's taken by some weird dude.
  • Nyu likes this

#54 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1429 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 29 December 2014 - 06:16 PM

Buy the domain and redirect it here before it's taken by some weird dude.

Greg's tried I believe. Don't think it has been up for sale.

#55 DeAngelus

DeAngelus

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

What happened to that idea being a site where you host/showcase member's manga for the public to read ? With Inkblazers closing , I find this a golden opportunity for this site to come back to it's former glory , in my opinion .

This was suggested in the old forum shortly after the site made an announcement that the site is going to delete all of the official manga content & no longer be an online reading site like Mangafox did .

Oh by the way , I decided to make a really brief comeback before retiring back to being a lurker .

#56 Baka-Dynasty

Baka-Dynasty

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationTo infinity and beyond

Posted 30 December 2014 - 01:12 PM

What happened to that idea being a site where you host/showcase member's manga for the public to read ? With Inkblazers closing , I find this a golden opportunity for this site to come back to it's former glory , in my opinion .

This was suggested in the old forum shortly after the site made an announcement that the site is going to delete all of the official manga content & no longer be an online reading site like Mangafox did .

Oh by the way , I decided to make a really brief comeback before retiring back to being a lurker .

:D that avatar tho lovely.But yeah how about hosting people manga here and have some sort of rating system of somesort. I dont think that bringing back scans is a possibility but  promoting this website to aspiring mangaka that want to upload their creation on a website i think that could actually be quite a good idea.

OK so i know that theres already a thread where people can share their manga but come on , reading there is such a pain  for the eyes (esthetically speaking).Also implementing some sort of rating system would be nice as well.

• YoWid likes this

!Banana head fart man !

Selena_gomez_sig_by_litlemusa.jpg

*Knowledge can never replace friendship, i prefer to be an idiot*

Come check out my video room thread :3

http://onemangaforum...z-video-room-3/

Spoiler

#57 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19158 posts

Posted 31 December 2014 - 12:10 PM

HAPPY New Year! May OMF live forever!

• azer_moli, Sev and YoWid like this

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#58 AYAME

AYAME

Forever dreaming of Clouds ♡

• Moderators
  • 767 posts

User's Awards

2    2    3   

Posted 31 December 2014 - 04:41 PM

A flame thread would be a great place for me to voice my opinion on Ayame's hair. +1 support.

I hear your infatuation loud and clear ;)

• Greg, FrostyMouse, Rimi and 2 others like this
unnamed.jpg

#59 drewbeard

drewbeard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 06:39 AM

Been a member of this community almost 7 years, sure it's not as busy as it once was, but its still a nice place to come and chat about manga and stuff.

'Dying' is a bit of an overraction imo.

i feel old now, which i should find ironic given my background here 

All this nostalgia makes me miss silver kunai. Ah what a day that was.

• AYAME and RhyssaFireheart like this

#60 Kurapika

Kurapika

Master Aqua

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1202 posts
  • LocationThe Realm Of Darkness

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:44 AM

i feel old now, which i should find ironic given my background here 

Yea...

• AYAME and drewbeard like this