Photo

Oricon Ranking Talk & Discussion (Part 2)

• Please log in to reply
431 replies to this topic

#21 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:56 AM

lol of course not forever.
Wonder if volume sales will be affected by new year's since usually people will choose to spend money elsewhere during this period...

It will be two weeks worth of sales, so I suspect it'll be larger than normal

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#22 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Planet Earth......

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:57 AM

It will be two weeks worth of sales, so I suspect it'll be larger than normal

They just going divide into two separate rankings; not going to put them together.

#23 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 01:58 AM

Why do you think Oricon just going to stop what they are doing for 15 years? Oricon stop uploading the ranking means that Oricon just gone bankrupt.

Huh? I never said that...what I asked about is this week's ranking. I said nothing about the Oricon ranking itself...

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#24 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:00 AM

Huh? I never said that...what I asked about is this week's ranking. I said nothing about the Oricon ranking itself...

You just replied Miss Conique's comment about asking how s/he knows about the ranking will not gone forever. That pretty much shows that you are suspecting Oricon will not upload the ranking from now on.

#25 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:02 AM

You just replied Miss Conique's comment about asking how s/he knows about the ranking will not gone forever. That pretty much shows that you are suspecting Oricon will not upload the ranking from now on.

and her comment is a reply to my question which in turn addresses your original post about this week's ranking... :huh:

#26 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:11 AM

and her comment is a reply to my question which in turn addresses your original post about this week's ranking... :huh:

When I re-looked the comments, you asked whether the ranking is off for just this week or forever: http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=886077

Then, she replied that it isn't: http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=886092

After that, you questioned to her about how she knows that the ranking isn't off forever: http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=886143

This flow was enough to give me an impression that you are suspecting that ranking will not appear from now on.

#27 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:32 AM

When I re-looked the comments, you asked whether the ranking of this week is off for just this week or forever: http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=886077

Fixed.

My question was for your post (which is why I quoted it. Otherwise I wouldn't) and what was your post talking about? This week's ranking...

#28 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:44 AM

So you were asking if this week's ranking is off forever but not asking about oricon stopping rankings altogether?

Well forgive me because I also thought you meant oricon stopping altogether since it's not logical to ask if oricon stopped this week's ranking forever. It's like asking if a taxi driver will stop working this week forever but continue next next week. What?
A week is a set period of time so anything happening or not in a week cannot be forever.

So if you were not asking about oricon as a whole then it's logical that this week's ranking isn't off forever since Oricon will post new rankings next week.
Logically speaking they won't upload just next week's ranking since they often do totals. So even if by some weird chance they only upload next weeks sales, we would still be able to figure out this week's sale since oricon always uploads weekly sales + total.

It's likely they will just upload the two lists next week. That's all.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

[center]

#29 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:42 AM

So you were asking if this week's ranking is off forever but not asking about oricon stopping rankings altogether?

Yeah...

since it's not logical to ask if oricon stopped this week's ranking forever.

It's like asking if a taxi driver will stop working this week forever but continue next next week. What?

A week is a set period of time so anything happening or not in a week cannot be forever.

What r u talking about?

Negative Syndicate's original choice of word is ''not upload'' which is =/= ''stop''. I'm asking if they will forever not upload this week's ranking and Negative Syndicate's post uses those exact words: ''this week's ranking'', ''upload''. Not like it has many words to be confused with...

Taxi is so off and far away. Magazines would be a better comparison. Say for some reason, issue 48 is delayed and not on sale for its week. I ask ''will they release it (either along with issue 49 next week or some time in the future) or we will just have to accept issue 48 of this year never comes into existence aka it will forever not be on sale?''.

Logically speaking they won't upload just next week's ranking since they often do totals. So even if by some weird chance they only upload next weeks sales, we would still be able to figure out this week's sale since oricon always uploads weekly sales + total.

I know that without you telling me. But remember that we can only work out this week's copies sold from next week's ranking for series that are present in both. What if the series ranks 50 of this week will not show up ever again in top50? And then while we know the sale, we won't know the rank of the series from this week. All we know, if we go to Oricon page, is whether it goes up or down. And yeah, I want to know that, too, not just the sale.

Edited by Fulmine, 01 January 2015 - 07:45 AM.

#30 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

Fixed.

My question was for your post (which is why I quoted it. Otherwise I wouldn't) and what was your post talking about? This week's ranking...

You should have make more clearer

#31 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:54 AM

You should have make more clearer

Well, your post is already about ''this week's ranking'' and nothing else so I figure a ''forever'' is enough to go after that...if your post had said ''Oricon stops working'' in general then it would be different.

#32 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

Well, your post is already about ''this week's ranking'' and nothing else so I figure a ''forever'' is enough to go after that...if your post had said ''Oricon stops working'' in general then it would be different.

You're talking same thing there. What is other mean you use "forever" besides "Oricon stops working?" The word "forever" pretty much give impression to other people that you're asking if "Oricon stops working."

So, why did you put "forever" part for?

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 01 January 2015 - 09:03 AM.

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:05 AM

You're talking same thing there. What is other mean you use "forever" besides "Oricon stops working?" The word "forever" pretty much give impression to other people that you're asking if "Oricon stops working."

So, why did you put "forever" part for?

But I never said ''oricon stops working'' in my original post and you didn't in your post either...that's just hypothetical...

Cause I really did mean ''forever''? Never ever? For eternity?

#34 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

But I never said ''oricon stops working'' in my original post and you didn't in your post either...that's just hypothetical...

Cause I really did mean ''forever''? Never ever? For eternity?

Then "forever" on what? As I said, "forever" and "Oricon stops working" are basically same thing in this quote (http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=886077).

Edited by Negative Syndicate, 01 January 2015 - 09:08 AM.

#35 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:07 AM

Then "forever" on what?

on what your original post talks about: this week's ranking upload.

#36 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

on what your original post talks about: this week's ranking upload.

I wrote very clearly, "Oricon has announced that they will not upload this week's ranking. So, I think there isn't going to be top 50 for this week." (http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=885985)

I don't get which that quote made you confused. I never said the word, "forever" or "never ever" or "for eternity."

#37 Miss Coquine

Miss Coquine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,857 posts
  • LocationRiding Yoru

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:11 AM

Yeah...

What r u talking about?
Negative Syndicate's original choice of word is ''not upload'' which is =/= ''stop''. I'm asking if they will forever not upload this week's ranking and Negative Syndicate's post uses those exact words: ''this week's ranking'', ''upload''. Not like it has many words to be confused with...

Taxi is so off and far away. Magazines would be a better comparison. Say for some reason, issue 48 is delayed and not on sale for its week. I ask ''will they release it (either along with issue 49 next week or some time in the future) or we will just have to accept issue 48 of this year never comes into existence aka it will forever not be on sale?''.

I know that without you telling me. But remember that we can only work out this week's copies sold from next week's ranking for series that are present in both. What if the series ranks 50 of this week will not show up ever again in top50? And then while we know the sale, we won't know the rank of the series from this week. All we know, if we go to Oricon page, is whether it goes up or down. And yeah, I want to know that, too, not just the sale.

Ok. But since english isn't everyone first language your use of "forever" was really confusing. You could have just said "at all" or "never".

But as I said. My bet is they will likely put it up next week along with.next week's ranking. Because I doubt they didnt record this week's sales at all. They simply delayed its release because it fell on NYE and people are on break etc.

tumblr_mvzbgsgUOj1rv8ck7o4_250.gif

[center]

#38 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:15 AM

Okay, people are confusing each other, so I'm going spoon feed everyone.

"ORICON WILL NOT UPLOAD THIS WEEK'S RANKING IN THIS WEEK. ORICON WILL UPLOAD THIS WEEK'S RANKING ON NEXT WEEK. SO, WE GOING TO HAVE TWO RANKINGS ON NEXT WEEK."

#39 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:19 AM

I wrote very clearly, "Oricon has announced that they will not upload this week's ranking. So, I think there isn't going to be top 50 for this week." (http://onemangaforum...art-2/?p=885985)

I don't get which that quote made you confused. I never said the word, "forever" or "never ever" or "for eternity."

Huh? I didn't say you said the word. I said it. Why? To ask for more information. It might be that they will not upload it at all or like Nyanko suggested, they put them into 1 big ranking etc.

Okay, people are confusing each other, so I'm going spoon feed everyone.

"ORICON WILL NOT UPLOAD THIS WEEK'S RANKING IN THIS WEEK. ORICON WILL UPLOAD THIS WEEK'S RANKING ON NEXT WEEK. SO, WE GOING TO HAVE TWO RANKINGS ON NEXT WEEK."

Yeah, that's better.

Ok. But since english isn't everyone first language your use of "forever" was really confusing. You could have just said "at all" or "never".

I guess. Never had problem with that before so...kinda surprise this time

#40 Negative Syndicate

Negative Syndicate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:25 AM

It might be that they will not upload it at all or like Nyanko suggested, they put them into 1 big ranking etc.

Other people understands what I was talking about.

I guess. Never had problem with that before so...kinda surprise this time

I never had problem, too. Your the only person who actually didn't understand on my post.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users