~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:17 AM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

We'll know if its true today/tomorrow, when the full raws will be 'leaked'.

Strangely enough, MS seems to have added the footnote on the final page (I don't recall seeing that earlier today):

http://img.mangastream.com/cdn/manga/98/...

Interesting.

Tatsumi landind a hit on Budou felt to me like Luffy landing a Red Hawk on Dofla.

Next chapter, I feel Leone will sacrifice herself protecting Tatsumi from Budou...

This worries me

What are the odds Mine accidentally hits Akame? The part when she said "trust in your sniper" indicates she might hit Akame instead of Esdease.

There needs to be something that makes us believe Akame might really die.

^sounds p stupid if you ask me

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5999 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

This worries me

o19qwe7.png

Its official. Takahiro doesn't give a fuck about this, any more.

Expect the entire cast to be killed off, except that irrelevant Akame, in order for him to 'correct' his mistake. :rolleyes:

yjEhBS7.png

#3 Trowa Barton

Trowa Barton

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1204 posts
  • Locationon the edge of insaninty

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

Great chapter even if it ended on something of a cliffhanger....

Anyway, I'm really hoping Tatsumi stay's this badass.

And something very odd struck me while reading the Akame/Esdease fight. It kinda felt like a wife having a catfight with her husbands mistress/gf. :shrug: Which kinda makes me want to add Akame to my preexisting TatsumixEsdease ship. :mellow:

Edited by Trowa Barton, 21 December 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#4 Gobi Todic

Gobi Todic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 841 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:47 AM

http://i.imgur.com/o19qwe7.png...

Expect the entire cast to be killed off, except that irrelevant Akame, in order for him to 'correct' his mistake. :rolleyes:

What do you mean? The only thing I got from that is that the "emporer strikes back next issue".

#5 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5999 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

What do you mean? The only thing I got from that is that the "emporer strikes back next issue".

Meaning this chapter is only 29 pages long, & its basically a rehash from the previous one.

yjEhBS7.png

#6 g-dubz

g-dubz

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 893 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 12:07 PM

Welp. Wasn't like this series was that great anyway. Its not bad but its not that good either.

• Sexy Rat likes this

5.jpg

#7 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 21 December 2014 - 01:08 PM

Budou is awesum I can't wait to see everything he can do

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10679 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2014 - 02:24 PM

Disgusting is what this is. I cannot believe that he did this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Moon_Hermit

Moon_Hermit

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:43 PM

"While you were playing your trump card, I'd been preparing my 'army'."

1) What trump card? A speed boost? I haven't read AGK Zero; is it explained there?

2) 'Army'? Living Ice Dolls? So not only can she 'freeze time', but now she can 'create life', too? What's next, learning how to freeze the water inside a person's body without having to touch them?

#10 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:05 PM

@Frozen_Flare - Haven't caught up "yet". But what's this "Mistake" he made?

#11 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5999 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:18 PM

Making Akame irrelevant.

Even the anime acknowledges this, in the theater. :lmao:
  • Narubi likes this

yjEhBS7.png

#12 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 10:42 PM

Making Akame irrelevant.

Oh well .. yeah. 

That was a mistake. Considering that the series is named after her an all XD

Then again it seemed everything became irrelevant in the face of the Tatsumi x Whatever Chick wants's to work his stick-shift lol. Which while made sadly irrelevant, it is good at least that Akame didn't fall into that grouping .... or at least yet   :unsure:

#13 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:26 PM

Making Akame irrelevant.

I always felt like the author was working his way through eliminating various characters so the focus would firmly be left on Akame towards the end. And that he was actively keeping her away from being another of the typical harem members. Maybe f he had more time the plans would have worked out right. I could see Tatsumi approaching her one day and her declining pointing out that everyone who got involved romantically with someone else is dead or living in regret. That being a selfless assassin means that you have to give up on the 'common joys' including romance. 

• Gobi Todic and Moon_Hermit like this

#14 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5566 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:57 PM

ZRQtz8X.png

• DarkNemesis likes this

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#15 Frozen_Flare

Frozen_Flare

>//<

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5999 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 01:46 AM

I always felt like the author was working his way through eliminating various characters so the focus would firmly be left on Akame towards the end. And that he was actively keeping her away from being another of the typical harem members. Maybe f he had more time the plans would have worked out right. I could see Tatsumi approaching her one day and her declining pointing out that everyone who got involved romantically with someone else is dead or living in regret. That being a selfless assassin means that you have to give up on the 'common joys' including romance. 

She doesn't have to be part of the harem. Akame has been relegated to a side-gag character to an extent that people will literally give you a response of 'Who?', whenever she gets mentioned.

Of course, with the manga approaching its final arc, I have no doubts on Takahiro making her play a more prominent role from here on.

Takahiro ruined Xmas - Fact.

Pretty clear AgK is low in his list of priorities, given his other commitments, especially towards his VN, & a few other works as well.

yjEhBS7.png

#16 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

She doesn't have to be part of the harem. Akame has been relegated to a side-gag character to an extent that people will literally give you a response of 'Who?', whenever she gets mentioned.

Of course, with the manga approaching its final arc, I have no doubts on Takahiro making her play a more prominent role from here on.

Takahiro ruined Xmas - Fact.

Pretty clear AgK is low in his list of priorities, given his other commitments, especially towards his VN, & a few other works as well.

I think you might have misunderstood my intention. I was simply stating that given AgK was fully fleshed out and not rushed/cancelled, it appeared to me that Akame was slowly being brought to the front, and as a 'pure' assassin. Of course that has been a little ruined given how things have played out, but I felt like Takahiro had a decent plan in place but just screwed up along the way.

Anyways, I do agree that this is a series with potential that's been mistreated a bit. 

• Sev likes this

#17 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1375 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:48 PM

Ok so I just finished reading all the chapters in one row and I have to say actually enjoy this series and I don't understand why some of the comments are so "negative".

It has a really quick pace (at least it was what I felt) and I like it.

The characters are cool and their interaction is quite amusing.

The worst part for me was when wild hunt appeared. I felt that it was just one group too much. At the beginning when we only saw the minister's son, I thought that it would be a 3rd party trying to overtake the throne, but another "empire team", and one that did the stuff they did. I just found it meh. Though I really enjoyed it when Wave defeated that guy.

The best part for me was probably when stylish attacked NR base and Najema arrived with the new reinforcements (that didn't last long). Still pretty cool.

Oh and I have mixed feelings about Esdese (Esdeath?). She's a complete sadist, and horrible to the core, but when she's with Tatsumi, like on the island, I kinda wanted them to stay together (despite de height and age differences). Tatsumi with Mein is... strange I guess. And Rabac (or however the name is actually written) deserved a better ending then just being killed by a foreign samurai while running. At least Bradth, Schere and Susanoo died protecting team-mates, but this guy just felt rushed.

• PunkHazard likes this

#18 fararibmwz

fararibmwz

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  • Locationlittle red dot

Posted 24 December 2014 - 10:17 PM

And I thought Budo died when Tatsumi slashed his neck.

Guess not..

36063215_zps2748996c.jpg

#19 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5016 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:08 AM

^Nobody is dead, until it's clear that they're dead ;) 

#20 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2465 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

Ok so I just finished reading all the chapters in one row and I have to say actually enjoy this series and I don't understand why some of the comments are so "negative".

It has a really quick pace (at least it was what I felt) and I like it.
The characters are cool and their interaction is quite amusing.

The worst part for me was when wild hunt appeared. I felt that it was just one group too much. At the beginning when we only saw the minister's son, I thought that it would be a 3rd party trying to overtake the throne, but another "empire team", and one that did the stuff they did. I just found it meh. Though I really enjoyed it when Wave defeated that guy.

The best part for me was probably when stylish attacked NR base and Najema arrived with the new reinforcements (that didn't last long). Still pretty cool.

Oh and I have mixed feelings about Esdese (Esdeath?). She's a complete sadist, and horrible to the core, but when she's with Tatsumi, like on the island, I kinda wanted them to stay together (despite de height and age differences). Tatsumi with Mein is... strange I guess. And Rabac (or however the name is actually written) deserved a better ending then just being killed by a foreign samurai while running. At least Bradth, Schere and Susanoo died protecting team-mates, but this guy just felt rushed.

I agree with everything written here

I don't see either what people are having problems with. The story seems the same as the start. It's not like magi where towards the end the feel of the story changed so it wasn't interesting anymore. It seems like the story is as good as it's always been

Also how do people know it's approaching it's final arc??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users