Photo

Attack on Titan: Chapter Discussion Thread (Part 2)

Attack on Titan

• Please log in to reply
1225 replies to this topic

#1121 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:48 AM

So does any one know how many chapters are left till the manga is finished?
I'm thinking of stop reading the manga in favor of the anime but that would be only worth it if there are like.. 60 more chapters to go.

Edit: I did some really fast googling & apparently it will end at chapter 110 or something near that.
And come to think about it that actually makes it easier for me to drop the manga in favor of the anime because if that's really all that's left then I won't have too wait too long for the anime to finish.

That would mean 21 months are left at the very least if it does end on 110. Most likely a few more than that though because some months will not have a chapter. So +-2 years for the manga alone to end. The anime will be some time behind that.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1122 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:36 PM

Plot wise, we're not that far from the ending.

It'll probably something like:

-Battle against Zeke and titan army in the island

-Eren learning how to use the coordinate power

-Final invasion in the mainland (if it ever occurs)

All this mixed with drama, a couple Eren kidnappings, and probably silly decisions.

So yeah, let's go!!!

Side note: seeing that the bad people (Marleans? Eldians? have airships, why don't they just bomb the good guys inside the walls, instead of throwing Titan waves? So much simpler

#1123 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,310 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Plot wise, we're not that far from the ending.

It'll probably something like:

-Battle against Zeke and titan army in the island

-Eren learning how to use the coordinate power

-Final invasion in the mainland (if it ever occurs)

All this mixed with drama, a couple Eren kidnappings, and probably silly decisions.

So yeah, let's go!!!

Side note: seeing that the bad people (Marleans? Eldians? have airships, why don't they just bomb the good guys inside the walls, instead of throwing Titan waves? So much simpler

Because we'll find out the wall holds Titans capable of flying. Worst-case scenario, they'll just start throwing Titans at the planes :lol:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#1124 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:42 PM

Their resources are limited, and want the resources in the walls. Wouldn't bombing them ruin that?

#1125 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:56 PM

Their resources are limited, and want the resources in the walls. Wouldn't bombing them ruin that?

Unless the materials need to be mined out. Then it may help.

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1126 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:23 AM

Going back to the issue of how will Eren control the titans , most probably Isayama won't make it as simple as Eren touching Historia, she already touched him during Rod's transformation (before being blown away) but that didn't have any effect on the titan Rod, after touching the titanized Dina for just a moment the titans kept on obeying Eren's will till the survey corps reached the walls.
I believe Historia herself has to become a titan & touch Eren for the coordinate to work.

It's time for Annie to get eaten already.

Edited by kenkage, 12 January 2017 - 11:23 AM.

• Raiden and Chillman like this

P15OTd8.jpg

#1127 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:27 AM

I'm ok with this.

• Raiden likes this

#1128 PunkHazard

PunkHazard

Exorcist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts
  • LocationRight over there -->

Posted 26 January 2017 - 07:05 PM

How could anyone possibly know that itll end at chapter 110? Did the author say that? Even if he did i still dont believe. Oda said One Piece was only supposed to reach 200 or so chapters and we see how that played out

#1129 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 09:59 AM

someone seems to have typesetted the korean scans, and left the huge watermark...

it's something, until mangastream or other groups release a better quality scan

chapter 90

http://kissmanga.com...r-090?id=345906

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#1130 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 12:36 AM

So if Eren really wants to sort these memories out... He should just talk Historia into a all night cuddle session

'Fuming mikasa fans!'

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#1131 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 03:36 AM

xD if he reacts everytime that much by just touching her, a cuddle session would kill him

good thing the timeskip didn't take a break

mangastream's version is out too now:

chapter 90

http://mangastream.c...itan/090/4005/1

Edited by Zeando, 08 February 2017 - 04:43 PM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#1132 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 05:50 PM

Nice time-skip. Glad to see the humans re-taking wall Maria again after 89 chapters. And also kinda amazing how the wiped all Titans in a year huh? Guess that having a fighter and giant titan helps

#1133 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,452 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 07:13 PM

They used the machine to kill the Titans not the boys.

#1134 masterbio

masterbio

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 05:27 PM

What? You gonna tell me Eren didn't help. Dude lives (leaves?) to kill Titans!

#1135 Kyoka Suigetsu

Kyoka Suigetsu

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 09:46 PM

So Zeke and Reiner haven't harassed them in five years? What are they doing? Waiting and prepping for the "devil's people" on the other side for a final battle?

#1136 Tenno

Tenno

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 10:34 PM

No...

Its been 1 year since the battle of Trost

Its Been 5 years since the fall of the Wall Maria

Its confusing cause they choose to word it weird 

• Zeando likes this

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again" -Corrax Entry 7:17

#1137 YyAoMmIi

YyAoMmIi

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:04 PM

It confusing since we don't know exact story time from Eren first reveal till reclaiming the wall

I'm more wondering lack of trouble from wall 3 to wall 4 considering previous survey squad didn't know of the ocean
Granted they could have been mind wiped

#1138 kenkage

kenkage

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 782 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:47 PM

After all this talk of droping the manga in favor of the anime I ended up reading the chapter, well it's because I realized that the story is already pretty much finished, the mystery has been solved, the island has been cleared of titans & now the people can populate it & we already know how can Eren use the coordinate , after Eren uses the coordinate it's highly unlikely that he will attack Marley , I don't think Isayama would make the main protagonist destroy an entire country & slaughter it's people just so that he & his people could live with zero fear, instead Eren will just use the coordinate the same way nuclear deterrence is used, the only reason why he isn't telling them about how he used the coordinate is not to harm Historia but really.. even if we assume that Eren actually has to eat a royal blooded titan I still don't see why didn't he tell them about his encounter with Dina, if he absulutly has to eat a royal titan then Historia could just voluntarily get impregnated and once the child is born they could turn him into a titan, desperate times calls for desperate measures, but ofcourse Isayama won't do it because it would be too convient for the heroes.

If Isayama wants to finish it with a battle then it could start with a naval & aerial bombardment on the eldians on the seashore to clear it & then Zeke & Reiner would step in , some of the Eldians would get titanized by the Marleyians & Zeke would use the titans.

No...

Its been 1 year since the battle of Trost

Its Been 5 years since the fall of the Wall Maria

Its confusing cause they choose to word it weird

It's been 6-9 months since the events of chapter 89:-"snow started falling" that's winter, "snow is melting & flowers bloomed" that's spring & possibly summer.

P15OTd8.jpg

#1139 Hoff

Hoff

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,348 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:44 AM

I'm more wondering lack of trouble from wall 3 to wall 4 considering previous survey squad didn't know of the ocean

It said quite plainly that the reason they had no trouble traveling outside Maria is because the vast majority of the titans on the island went inside Maria when it fell and died to the Guillotine. The previous SC would've had to fight through titans and could barely survive a handful of them. These guys only had to deal with the gimped leftovers, like the one shown in the chapter, which is nothing to them.

• Chillman likes this

w7hQcQE.jpg

<3 Opeye

#1140 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,482 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2017 - 09:50 AM

It confusing since we don't know exact story time from Eren first reveal till reclaiming the wall

This is one thing I have been thinking about as well. They must have gotten quite far outside the wall while Wall Maria was still in their possession, and even tried to establish bases and such.. I guess the best explanation would be that it's quite far between Wall Maria and the ocean, and that the huge amount of titans on the outside ultimately killed everyone who got close. Still doesn't make much sense, since I believe even counting only the size of Wall Maria, Paradis Island would be almost the size of Germany, and if we add all this new distance, it would become ridiculously big for an island, more like a continent tbh, which doesn't make sense when you look at the island on a map next to Marley.. Not to mention why the King of the wall would allow the Survey corps to go outside and possibly find the ocean again after all the trouble of wiping all memories of it from the population.

Like you say though, it may be that the King simply used the coordinate to make humans forget to ocean once it was discovered.

Edit: According to information given in the first Attack on Titan episode, as well as in the official guidebook, the area within the wall is as much as 720,000 square kilometers. Which would be about two Germanys, or one Turkey. Within the walls

Edited by diezdragon, 10 February 2017 - 09:56 AM.

• PunkHazard likes this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Morfeus