• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,905 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2014 - 11:22 AM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

^All true.

Though DC/Warner didn't feel that having a female lead for a animated series/film or live action for that matter, would have been successful or worth much. As evident when Lauren Montgomery wanted to make Batgirl: Year One, but was denied. 

Only thing we did get was that one Wonder Woman animated film.

But despite it doing well an all. Just ... yeah.

But if they weren't such a-holes, with massive hard on's for Supes and Bats alone, then we might have gotten WW back during the 90's an so on. Which would have brought her more into the public light for both non comicbook readers and readers themselves.

Either way, it sucks and now Azz get's away with murder thanks to DC/Warner's incompetence over females. 

Yuber is correct in that DC has been going dark since 80's. It wasn't just Batman, 'Watchmen' wasn't a Batman story. Then you had COIE which killed off their entire multiverse, Green Arrow: The Long Bow Hunters and Green Lantern: Emerald Dawn. The comics themselves were pretty dark by the time TDK came out. Nolan just re-energized an existing trend and now even the Burton movies look like big budget cartoons by comparison. 

Then the Marvel movies came along and said, "hey guys! Superheroes can be fun too! Boyscouts like Captain America can still be relevant today!".  I used to encounter this mind set often with people saying that light and fun stories with the pure hearted superheroes like Cap cannot work in today's environment so I was glad the MCU came out to prove them wrong and walked away with billions while at it. 

I know the comics have gotten progressively darker as the years went on but now more than ever it seems like they're trying to make a contest out of which series can be the darkest, not so much for the story's benefit but just for the sake of being dark.

And the WW movie is going to adapt Azz's origin for her. Unless someone changes their mind in the middle of production, we are going to be dealing with this for years to come.  It's genuinely frustrating watching them destroy an IP like this. 

Their whole reasoning for scrapping the Batgirl movies was such bullshit.  

It took competition from Marvel for them to start diversifying their shows. Does anybody think that we would have gotten the full blown Flash Rogues on screen complete with set up for Gorilla Grodd otherwise? 

Yeah, true. The whole thing is just.....falling apart. Hopefully one day, somebody will lift it out of the depths. Right now, it's like watching the Titanic sink but with several passengers insisting that it's not. 

Yep. Which sucks big time.

An I doubt anyone would change their mind.

Considering how they love New 52 an all  :rolleyes:

Agreed. 

An before DC/Warner issued that pretty much anything animated was going to be mostly to solely New 52 material.

I was hoping that if they grew some sense in the place where their brains should be, and used female leads an all again. That they'd do a BoP animated film or series with Babs as the awesome Oracle. Course I suppose that'd be even more unlikely to happen, considering how that one LA show they did was .... yeah. But even so .... :)

There might be some who'd argue a "yes" in that. But in all seriousness, if there wasn't the Marvel issue that drove them into diversity or more so than before with they're hero roster(s), then there'd be no way you'd get a Flash or Gree ... er ... Arrow series (of whom really isn't Green Arrow at all). 

• fundapafNup likes this

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,945 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 04:44 PM

was "Death of Wolverine" any good?

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#3 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, and contemplating life.

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:00 PM

@Doan - Not sure. Haven't read it.

Though a lot of people who had, said it was good.

• Doan likes this
Show me the way to go home - I'm tired and I want to go to bed
I had a little drink about an hour ago - And it’s gone right to my head
Wherever I may roam - On land or sea or foam
You can always hear me singing this song
Show me the way to go home.

#4 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 22 December 2014 - 01:42 PM

I'm interested just because it's the death of one of my least favorite heroes (though I'm sure he'll be back) but I haven't gotten the chance to read it yet.

#5 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 02:58 AM

Your move, Bats. 

10383963_10152921312704591_9144690912563

• JDG973, ramz91, Blue22 and 1 other like this

#6 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:09 PM

Hey! Any kid in Batman's care is automatically immortal. I'd sooner trust Batman with my kid since they'd get a  "Get out of death free" card at least once :P

• YoWid likes this

#7 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 12:48 PM

^An lately with "powers" as well! *facepalm*

#8 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 01:05 PM

^An lately with "powers" as well! *facepalm*

Yeah I'm still not sure how I feel about that...kinda hoping the powers are temporary.

Tomasi, I love you and your work with the Batfamily. But if this was your idea then what the hell were you smoking?

Edited by Blue22, 25 December 2014 - 01:07 PM.

#9 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:06 PM

Damian getting powers is worse than the Bat God going 1 vs 1 against Darkseid?

Hey! Any kid in Batman's care is automatically immortal. I'd sooner trust Batman with my kid since they'd get a  "Get out of death free" card at least once :P

So do Superman's. :P  Or have you forgotten the whole business with Superboy and Supergirl? 

#10 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 10:41 PM

Superboy, I did forget about (weird since that was the first Titans book I ever bought). As for Supergirl, I actually have no idea what happened with her :P

Damian getting powers is worse than the Bat God going 1 vs 1 against Darkseid?

Yeah that whole thing was a really stupid way to get him back (though I did really like Tim, Jason, and Barbara's "Robin" uniforms) I wish they'd have just dumped him in a Lazarus Pit or something. That entire final portion of the "Hunt for Robin" arc just seemed really out of place in a Batman story. But oh well. What's done is done. I'm just glad he's back and I'm gonna hope the powers are temporary and Batman is never powerful enough to whoop Darkseid's ass, one on one, again.

Edited by Blue22, 25 December 2014 - 10:46 PM.

• Kazekage likes this

#11 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 25 December 2014 - 11:54 PM

Superboy, I did forget about (weird since that was the first Titans book I ever bought). As for Supergirl, I actually have no idea what happened with her :P

Yeah that whole thing was a really stupid way to get him back (though I did really like Tim, Jason, and Barbara's "Robin" uniforms) I wish they'd have just dumped him in a Lazarus Pit or something. That entire final portion of the "Hunt for Robin" arc just seemed really out of place in a Batman story. But oh well. What's done is done. I'm just glad he's back and I'm gonna hope the powers are temporary and Batman is never powerful enough to whoop Darkseid's ass, one on one, again.

Killed off in COIE, rebooted as the Matrix Supergirl, weird angel/relgious cult thing blah blah blah, lost cousin origin restored eventually and then rebooted again.  You know, the usual. 

I doubt it. I fear this is going to become a trend.  At least when Morrison did it, he did it because had no other choice but to face Darkseid and had to deal with the whole time travel thing as a consequence and he still needed the other JL members to finish off Darkseid for good.  Any Batman vs Darkseid confrontation should end with Batman as a smear on Darkseid's boot. This is just Bat fan boys running the asylum.  Somebody should have slapped Tomasi and told him 'no! you can't do this!". 

#12 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 12:05 AM

I dislike Morrison mostly because of the way he portrays Talia Al Ghul. And I'm usually a fan of everything Tomasi writes. But this was....poorly executed. I don't think I'd have been so put off by Batman defeating Darkseid by himself if it wasn't such a curb stomp battle. He didn't just beat DARKSEID, he made him his bitch. He had a harder time getting to Darkseid than he did actually fighting him.

Edited by Blue22, 26 December 2014 - 01:44 PM.

#13 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

And just when DC was trying to make Darkseid a big deal again.  Again, who the hell allowed this to get published? This is just Bat fan boy jizz on every panel. I was fuming as I read that issue.

Oh, how I miss the days when the Bat books stuck strictly to the streets pretending that the greater DCU didn't even exist. 

Edited by Kazekage, 26 December 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#14 Blue22

Blue22

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,688 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 02:02 PM

And just when DC was trying to make Darkseid a big deal again.  Again, who the hell allowed this to get published? This is just Bat fan boy jizz on every panel. I was fuming as I read that issue.

Oh, how I miss the days when the Bat books stuck strictly to the streets pretending that the greater DCU didn't even exist. 

And this is why I'm so disappointed that Damian came back with super powers. The Batman stories are just one part of an even bigger universe but they still stay more or less contained, only ever crossing over with other heroes and mythologies every once in a while and not letting it affect its own status quo (unless you count the whole, hurling Batman back in time thing. But I actually liked that. Could there have been a better way to get Bruce out of the picture to give Dick some time under the cowl? Yes. But what they went with wasn't too bad).

The closest they get to magic/sci-fi resurrections is Ra's Al Ghul and the Lazarus Pit, which could have been a great source of character development for Damian, Bruce, and Jason seeing as how most people come out with their brains a little fucked up after their first time in there. As far as I can tell, Bruce and Jason are still just barely on speaking terms (though the Batfamily rarely goes without at least one person being pissed off at Bruce for something) and I'm sure he'd have needed his help with Damian since he'd be going through all that pit madness shit. Would have been nice bonding time for all three characters and that's what I like the most about Batfamily stories, their interactions with each other when they aren't on missions. But alas...instead we got Batman in an Iron Man suit, turning Darkseid into the biggest bitch in the galaxy, and Damian getting his corpse stabbed back to life by a magic space rock that grants super powers....Only in the New 52, folks :P

• Kazekage likes this

#15 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 26 December 2014 - 03:21 PM

But alas...instead we got Batman in an Iron Man suit, turning Darkseid into the biggest bitch in the galaxy

Yeah we see that, and yet in the whole Lantern event with New Gods (if what I read is accurate on the happenings of the actual comics) in the so called "GODHEAD". We have the New Gods of New Genesis and most of all High Father trying breach the "Source Wall" for some power or weapons to obliterate Darkseid once an for all, but needs one ring of each Lantern Core since they breached the wall itself and stole some of it's cosmic mysteries or whatever, just to accomplish this.

But either way, they need the power of thee greatest power within the DC Universe just to beat Darkseid, and yet we have Batman strolling on in something that's reasonably not even a worth while comparison to such magnitudes of power, an make Darkseid the joke of the DC Universe.  :rly:

Edited by Yuber, 26 December 2014 - 03:23 PM.

• Blue22 likes this

#16 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 05:42 AM

@

They should stop wasting time and go to earth and tell Bruce to hook them up with more of the Bat armors. Hell, maybe have the JL build some for them. 

• Narubi and Blue22 like this

#17 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 27 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

@

They should stop wasting time and go to earth and tell Bruce to hook them up with more of the Bat armors. Hell, maybe have the JL build some for them. 

Probably should XD

Though once word gets out, I wouldn't be surprised if they slip into a deep depression over how much they've tried to be rid of Darkseid, only to realize just how simple it was all along :laugh: 

Regardless though, just another fine example of N-52 tripping all over itself :lolxg:  

• Kazekage and Blue22 like this

#18 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 01:08 AM

Regardless though, just another fine example of N-52 tripping all over itself :lolxg:  

This status quo won't last. It will implode upon itself eventually. 

#19 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,059 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 02:38 AM

^Probably will. Though if an when it does, I do wonder what they'll do to pull themselves together and salvage what they can.

Ah What the hell am I talking about! They'll probably end that universe and move onto a newer or older one, then start from scratch again.

#20 Kazekage

Kazekage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 08:30 AM

^Probably will. Though if an when it does, I do wonder what they'll do to pull themselves together and salvage what they can.

Ah What the hell am I talking about! They'll probably end that universe and move onto a newer or older one, then start from scratch again.

Marvel was going bankrupt in the late 90's and sold their best properties to Hollywood to make some extra cash and now their movie studio is making billions at the box office. Their comics are a different but these days there are more Marvel comics I want to read than DC ones.  

Hopefully, one day DC will bounce back as well. There is a creative ascension and there is a creative decline in the creative industry. DC's greatest creative period was in the 80's and 90's. 

• Narubi likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users