65 replies to this topic

#1 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 03:30 AM

You lay on the bad with your eyes closed, readying yourself for the journey you will take. The world is a dangerous place, humanity besieged from all sides by ancient enemies while wild beasts roam unkempt wilderness. Death can come quickly for so many sides. Yet, you will be the one to protect weak from nightmares in the dark.

Slowly, you open your eyes. As you dress and check your backpack once more, you go over things you did yesterday. Advices you were given, goodbyes you said. There was no need to dwell on that anymore. Now, you will become warrior on your own.  

But, who are you?

- Male 

- Female 

Name: 

- Write in name 

- Randomly generated name

As you make your way down to the village, you can't help but to think about it. That is your destiny. There is little you could do about it, as it was decided without your consent. You felt:

-Ready. You were training for this since you were a child. Everyone knew that you will end up in this position. [Swordsman]

-Indifferent. You knew the forest and dangers inside. After all, you dealt with them all the time. You may as well get rewarded while doing it [Hunter]

-Stoic. What happen will happen. With your two hands you will force your way through enemies and forge your victory through hard work. [Blacksmiths apprentice]

-Scared. You are not ready for this. You are not a hero, hell, not even a fighter. You are just street urchin trying to get by. [Thief]

-Worried. This is not for you. You are the one to stay back, one to supply others who fight. Still, it is your job, whether you like it or now. [Alchemists apprentice] 

-Honored. To think that you will be the one chosen by God. That you will have your place among his plans. Truly, is there a greater honor to be had? [Priest]

Edited by Srki, 01 January 2015 - 03:30 AM.

#2 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 04:15 AM

Name: Firzina Zluso 
Class: Alchemist
Level: 1
Exp: 0/50

Skills:
Alchemy(lvl. 2): Capable of producing basic potions, grants low level Survivalism

Knowledge(lvl. 3): You know a lot about Kingdom, it's history and potential enemies. You are incredibly good at basic operations such as mathematics or writing 

Trial and error(n/a): During your apprenticeship you discovered that is really good not to make same mistake twice.

Traits:
- Compassionate: You don't like seeing others suffering. You are less likely to harm others. You can understand feelings of other better 
- Slow reaction/Deduction: You like to think about things. You are not so good at reacting to them coming out of nowhere. 
- Ambitious/Prideful: You aim high. You don't like others reminding you that you are not that high yet. 
- Low pain tolerance: You have low tolerance to pain. Duh. 

Equipment
Money: 0g 2s 0c
Basic backpack: Max 12l

1x Basic leather armor set(no helmet)
1x Enhanced Steel Longsword(Durability 2, Sharpness 1, Reduced weight, Enhancement: Swordsmanship 2)
1x Ordinary hunter knife
3x Red Ant Flask(0.25l)
2x Health Potion(0.33)
2x Stamina Potion(0.33l)
1x Sleep potion (0.33l)
1x Strength potion (0.33l)
1x Sharpness salve(three usages. increases weapons sharpness)(0.5l)
1x Durability salve(three usages) (0.5l)
7x Rations(Normally spent three per day) (0.4l)
1x Basic Alchemy Kit(creates basic potions) (2l)
1x Basics kit(Basic stuff such as clothes, brimstone and so on)(2l)
100x Normal ingredient(0.01l)

11,46/12

Spoiler Table of Content

Edited by Srki, 02 February 2015 - 08:29 AM.

#3 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:16 AM

Rules and FAQ: 

1) Forum rules apply. Duh

2) This is quest. After each post players get to vote on course of action. Action that has most votes wins

3) There are no prerequisites for playing this. Just come in, read the story posts and vote if you wish so 

4) Each user can vote once, however one votes can have multiple actions 

5) You can write in your own actions if you think that they are better than one i offered. It is preferred actually. Of course, i have right to veto write-ins 

6) You can do multiple actions at the same time if you can justify it 

7) Quest will use different dices for different things. 

If you have questions, please do ask. 

Quest is now officially open.

Edited by Srki, 01 January 2015 - 05:23 AM.

#4 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

Name: Firzina

Felt: Worried -> Alchemist Apprentice

Is this the right format to post, @Srki?

Edited by Fulmine, 01 January 2015 - 07:58 AM.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#5 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

It's fine. Seeing how i am counting at hand i can generally understand your vote regardless of format. Write it as you wish. 

As for what Alchemist is, most of races of fourth circles have an magic of sorts. Unlike higher circles where you have actual magic, it is more like a inherent ability of race. For example Minotaurs are really good at shooting lightning and using it to up their stats.

Alchemy allows you to mix herbs and shit into potions. That potions can have myriad of effects. For example, swordsman starts with Salve of Minor Sharpness which allows him to increase sharpness of his blade few times, depending on how much he uses it. Then there are potions, poisons, stat boosts and so on.

Although Alchemists start with bad fighting abilities, you can use your Alchemy to make traps and boost your allies. In the start, it is more of a support than actual fighter, so you wish to form part asap. Unlike other starting characters, you will have higher supply of potions(obviously you can make them while they have to buy it).

As for character, you are intelligent and hardworking, but you lack cruelty and drive some of other characters have. Which is why you are primarily supportive role. 

Don't worry though, you will have choices to create party right away.

Of course, during the course of quest you can become much better at fighting and your personality can change depending on choices.

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:03 AM

But those ''circles''...are they parallel worlds or just like realms in Buddhism (Human, Asura, beast etc.)?

Minotaur and lightning? Awesome combination. Though if it's foxes...

Just in case, you mean shit as in other stuffs or shit as in...literal shit? Cause that would be one hell of terrible potion...

• Srki likes this

#7 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

But those ''circles''...are they parallel worlds or just like realms in Buddhism (Human, Asura, beast etc.)?

That is something that is not known to Humanity. Few humans know, but for most there was other world that you came from and that's it. OOC, exitance is composed of five circles. At bottom, there is fifth circle. You have races like humans, orcs and dwarfs and magic is contained in few items. Higher the circles higher the power. 

It is something i came up with. Could be similar to something else, dunno. Outside the circles there is "existence". Further away from it circle is, less powerful it is. In a sense, circles mirror existence. 

One thing to note is that you can easily go into lower circles, at cost of your power, but it is almost impossible to ascend to higher ones.

Just in case, you mean shit as in other stuffs or shit as in...literal shit? Cause that would be one hell of terrible potion...

10/10  :lolxg:

Although it probably could go into something, you generally don't use actual excrement.

Edited by Srki, 01 January 2015 - 09:26 AM.

• Fulmine likes this

#8 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 11:54 AM

So, i am in mood for updating anyway, and winning vote is unanimous.

Name: Firzina

Felt: Worried -> Alchemist Apprentice

Kinda. That's good thing about quest, as long as i am willing to run it and as long as at least one person wants to help out it can keep running. Of course, true fun comes from arguments and banter, but hopefully we will have more of it in future. 

But without future ado, let me start writing.

I actually need to finish char sheet first. Bugger. 

Also Fulmine, could you provide me some good pic of female that would fit our MC?

Edited by Srki, 01 January 2015 - 11:54 AM.

#9 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

Beginning 

As you walk towards the village, you can't help but to think about past.

You were born in year 2254 of AA in simple farmer family. You grew up amongst warmth and love of your extended family, surrounded by your siblings, various relatives and of course your parents. Now when you look back at those times, you find them so delightfully boring. Life was easy and predictable, filled with hard work and hard laughter. 

Change was sudden. One day, Grandma just shown up out of nowhere and asked you to be her apprentice. Grandma .. no one really knew her name, and even now, after eight years of being together it was still mystery to you. You somewhat suspected that she has forgotten it herself. As far as everyone can remember she was there, mixing potions, giving advices and helping out the village. 

Answer was easy. For eight year old you, chance to enter world of magic and wonder was too good to pass up. Your parents were harder to convince, their love for your clashing with their wish to give you such prestigious position. In the end, you packed your belongings, cried a lot as you bid farewell to everyone, and off you went to your new home. 

Grandma was no nonsense person. You thought that you knew what work was, but you was quickly proven wrong. And yet, you thrived under that pressure. There was so much of everything to be known. A world was so big and beautiful and scary .. and you wanted it all, wanted to learn anything. And Grandma obliged. She taught you about ancient history, about the ways of Traveling god, about the herbs that weave magic of humans, about the Kingdoms and strange beasts that populate them. And most importantly, you learned about humans. 

You sigh as you fix your sword harness once more. Both sword and armor were gift from the priests, a token from new traveler, or so they said. Armor was nice and fitting, and having more layers between you and claws was always nice. Sword on the other hand .. you were more likely to cut yourself that anything charging at you. And you had something else if you ever got in trouble. 

.. if? More like when. 

You sigh again. Grandma was going on about wasting best years of her life on ungrateful apprentice. In the end, it was expected. You would never be satisfied with sitting in the little village while there is a world to explore. She had to know that from beginning. Teaching you was probably something she did to amuse herself rather for any real need for successor. Your family was concerned but happy. During your apprenticeship you have grown distant. Yet, their love has grown into respect. They realised that your life is your own now. 

You si.. you stop and steady yourself. No more mopping around. You were rolemodel. Entering the village you take on regal persona you have cultivated for all these years. Exchanging greeting and taking good wishes, you pass villagefolk and slowly walk to the church. Entering into dim light, you close the door cutting out all the noise. In front of you father Meriol is waiting, his smile wide and his eyes glassed. 

"Greetings, Traveler" 

"Father Meriol", you greet in return. 

"Time is scarce. Forces of unthinkable power gather against Humanity, and it is up to you to protect us all", he sung on religios favor, as his mind connected to the God himself.

Yeap, your dead. Totally dead. You could have just stayed here and grow carrots or som- 

"AND NOW, CHOOSE"

Yelling really wasn't necessary, was it? 

- Nearby farm is looking for assistance. Pack of direwolves was sighted in nearby forest, and they were attacking cattle. Who knows when will they move to .. softer prey [50xp][2 day walk north-east]
- Nearby fishing settlement has reported that something was moving amongst their shackles at nigh. You should find out what it was[50xp][2 day walk south-west] 
- Travelers coming from Staburh reported sighting gigantic Harpy nearby[65xp][3 day walk east]
- Something is in the cave nearby. You are to find out what [75xp][4 day walk north-east]  

You can take more than one, but you must write which one you will do first. I need to post map and some other stuff, but i am really busy atm, so it will have to wait.

Edited by Srki, 02 January 2015 - 07:01 AM.

#10 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

EXP YOU SAY?

Better to go Farm -> Staburh -> Cave? At least in terms of time taken and stuff.

How does time taken affect the characters/world, btw?

• Fulmine likes this

#11 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

I say hit up the travellers... cause they'll probably provide news and stuff, and the rest sounds pretty generic ^^

Plus, the three day walk fits our rations perfectly.

Who needs to return anyway?

#12 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

I say hit up the travellers... cause they'll probably provide news and stuff, and the rest sounds pretty generic ^^

Just assumed we could pick up rations at the farm or fish place. >_>

#13 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:54 PM

Could we walk north-east to the farm, pick up food, but not do the quest, and then march south-east to the travellers?

Food seems to be a problem.

Or we just do the quest there too. Probably better.

#14 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 01 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

How does time taken affect the characters/world, btw?

I roll for current quests you are not doing. Some are .. more time intensive than others. If you leave the area, i roll ones that are important.

Traveling is indeed an option.

There are quest and Quests. Sometimes one lead to another. 

Current map 

Spoiler

Badly drawn white hexagon is your current village. I am too tired at the moment to make up a name for it, or for other locations. I remember farm being Pigs Head or something along those lines. I also need to download PS, doing shit in paint is a pain in the ass. 

Every hexagon is about two days of a walk. There are other forms of transportation. 

Something i forgot to mention. If Quest has EXP reward that is less than 20% needed for next level, you can just roll for doing it right away. Mostly because it should be pretty easy for your character if level disparity is that much, so it is better if we just skip entire thing. You still lose time though.

Also, after thinking about it, i decided to just go with "herbs" as form of currency for your Alchemy, rather than needing special plants and stuff. Lazy, maybe, but easier for both sides i would think. 

Finally, i would ask you to get some picture for MC. Something you people find fitting. 

Just assumed we could pick up rations at the farm or fish place. >_>

You can. I forgot to add money in. You currently have two silvers, with 1 silver=100 coppers. You can buy a lot of food with your current money. You could also do some lesser quests for different rewards, although only "official" quests give EXP due how this shit works. 

Now, i need to go to sleep before i pass out. I will try to get one update tomorrow, after which i won't be available for about three days or so. Quest should continue after that period. Which i can use to iron mechanics and stuff.

E: Also, you can gather herbs along the way. You can transform them into rations. After all, Alchemy is just advanced cooking, isn't it? :3

Could we walk north-east to the farm, pick up food, but not do the quest, and then march south-east to the travellers?

Food seems to be a problem.

You could just buy it here. You can also buy herbs and other stuff. I intended to mention that as well, but again, busy. I was interrupted time and time again, and then i had to rush the ending.  

Also, i should apologize about amount of telling in the post, but i figured out that we should get to actual meat of the quest as fast as we can. 

E2: Don't forget to vote. I can't write unless i know what you plan on doing ]: 

Edited by Srki, 01 January 2015 - 06:14 PM.

#15 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 05:35 AM

Well, since i have to go soon, i won't be here until .. monday i think. I will see if i can update over the phone, but don't expect anything. 

It would be nice if you could create consensus until then. 

Uh, and 

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Best stand.

Edited by Srki, 02 January 2015 - 05:35 AM.

#16 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 06:33 AM

I agree with DEW. Farm-> Starbuh (Starbuck?) -> Cave. But if we can get food and stuffs from traveller then Starbuh-> Farm->Cave.

Also Fulmine, could you provide me some good pic of female that would fit our MC?

I suck at drawing...

Name: FIrizina Zlusa

Class: Alchemist

Level: 1

Exp: 0/50

Skills:

Alchemy(lvl. 2): Capable of producing basic potions, grants low level Survivalism

- Basic healing potion: Grants increased regeneration

- Basic stamina potion: Reduces tiredness and need for sleep

- Basic boosting potion: Increases one attribute on object or person

- Basic poison potion: Induces harmful effect to enemy

- Basic acid potion: Vial that contains acid that will eat through number of materials

Knowledge(lvl. 3): You know a lot about Kingdom, it's history and potential enemies. You are incredibly good at basic operations such as mathematics or writing

Trial and error(n/a): During your apprenticeship you discovered that is really good not to make same mistake twice.

Traits:

- Squeamish/Compassionate: You don't like seeing others suffering. You are less likely to harm others. You can understand feelings of other better

- Slow reaction/Deduction: You like to think about things. You are not so good at reacting to them coming out of nowhere.

- Ambitious/Prideful: You aim high. You don't like others reminding you that you are not that high yet.

- Low pain tolerance: You have low tolerance to pain. Duh.

Equipment:

Money: 0g 2s 0c

1x Basic leather armor set(no helmet)

1x Ordinary Iron shortsword

1x Ordinary hunter knife

3x Red Ant Flask

2x Health/Stamina Potion

1x Sleep potion

1x Paralyze potion

1x Strength/Sense/Agility salve(three usages)

1x Sharpness salve(three usages. increases weapons sharpness)

9x Rations(Normally spent three per day)

1x Basic Alchemy Kit(creates basic potions)

1x Basics kit(Basic stuff such as clothes, brimstone and so on)

So you write everything else yourself after all...? :xD:  I thought we would slowly build up all of those above with members' posts...especially the characteristics/traits.

Btw, Firzina, not FIrizina and what's with your obsession with letter ''a''? Zlusa? :xD:

Thumbs up for ''good at Maths''. Remind me of a popular (sort of) Japanese young adult novel about a girls like Maths called ''Math Girls'', haha.

You were born in year 2154 of AA

Wait, in the omake story you said the Minotaur War is in 1367 and then peace lasted for 900 years so should it be 2267 now?

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Best stand.

Nah, it's Pearl Jam, Tubular Bells, Sticky Fingers and Metallica

#17 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:00 AM

I agree with DEW. Farm-> Starbuh (Starbuck?) -> Cave. But if we can get food and stuffs from traveller then Starbuh-> Farm->Cave.

If you get to the city, you can get new quests there. They should be closer than cave.

I suck at drawing...

I'm not expecting you to draw it. Just get something from google.  

So you write everything else yourself after all...? :xD:  I thought we would slowly build up all of those above with members' posts...especially the characteristics/traits.

Oh, you will build up from this. Every class had its own starting skills and quirks.

Btw, Firzina, not FIrizina and what's with your obsession with letter ''a''? Zlusa? :xD:

Thanks, fixed. Shift button is my enemy.

I rolled randomly and got some East European name or some shit. If you want something else, feel free to pick something more appropriate. I will swap it.

Wait, in the omake story you said the Minotaur War is in 1367 and then peace lasted for 900 years so should it be 2267 now?

Unlike our character, it seems that i suck at math. For whatever reason i got 2167 when adding. But yeah, i fucked up. Fixing it now.

Edited by Srki, 02 January 2015 - 07:01 AM.

• Fulmine likes this

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,631 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

I'm not expecting you to draw it. Just get something from google.

eh...then that would be already-existed characters...

Thanks, fixed. Shift button is my enemy.

still wrong. Firzina. You had it as Firizina (no ''i'' after ''r'')

I rolled randomly and got some East European name or some shit. If you want something else, feel free to pick something more appropriate. I will swap it.

Zluso then.

Unlike our character, it seems that i suck at math. For whatever reason i got 2167 when adding. But yeah, i fucked up. Fixing it now.

You has 2154. So there's a 13 years lap till the end of peace? This must be one long quest...

#19 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:22 AM

eh...then that would be already-existed characters...

You have fuckload of random medieval character art.

Not that it matters, i just think that Character Sheet would look nicer.

still wrong. Firzina. You had it as Firizina (no ''i'' after ''r'')
Zluso then.

Fixed.

Again >.> 

You has 2154. So there's a 13 years lap till the end of peace? This must be one long quest...

You were born in 2154. You are 16 years old now.

Which would mean that currently it is 2270. Peace was broken here and then, but you never entered all out war. Mostly smaller armies fighting for a few months or riders attacking random targets.
  • Fulmine likes this

#20 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,619 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 January 2015 - 08:08 AM

I still think that the travellers → city would be best... especially since the farm doesn't run away if necessary, but travellers potentiall do. But if the majority wants to go to the farm first, ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users