Jump to content


Photo

[Quest] Pillars of the Fourth CIrcle


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#21 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 02 January 2015 - 11:36 AM

There isn't a group of travelers waiting for you. In last few days there was more than one sighting by various people, and you are sent to deal with it. When you go, i will roll to see if you get someone going your way.

#22 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 02 January 2015 - 01:31 PM

Ok fine, farm then.



#23 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:26 AM

And i'm back on my PC. On the other hand, my head is killing me, so i don't know if i will be able to finish update today. Hopefully i will.

Current plan seems to be getting farm, cave and traveller quests and heading towards farm. I should point out that from farm to travellers location you need three days since you need to go through forest rather than following the road.

Still, lets roll for your two days of travel towards farm.

..and invisible castle is down. Joy.

 

E: Used some other roller. 2d20=19, 13 

 

Major success and success, not bad. Not bad at all.

Anyhow, while i was away i had time to think about stuff. Most of it is not any immediate concern of yours, but things of note:
- I've decided to formulate backpack/space rules. I will edit equipment at some point to reflect that. Done, you can check it out.
- "Herbs" were changed to "Ingredients", to reflect fact that you could use other things that are not plants. There are also tiers: normal, rare(worth 10 normal), epic(worth 100 normal) and unique(used in quest items and for making permanent powerups). Point of tiers is to save you some space.
- I have finished kinds and costs of potions you can make. There are about thirty of them and i will write them down sometimes soon. You will need them, trust me.

Well, i will try to rest somewhat and wait for invisible castle. Hopefully i will get in mood for writing in next few hours. At worst, i hope that i will get update tomorrow morning.

 

E: Here are potions you can make 

Spoiler


Edited by Srki, 06 January 2015 - 12:52 PM.


#24 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 01:40 PM

[1d20=13] 

 

Your first day starts well, with sunny weather and dry roads. You actually make better progress than you hoped for, allowing you to stop and make camp earlier. Not wanting to waste time, you spend your extra time searching for valuable herbs in the forest.

 

[Gained: +13 Ingredients] 

[1d20=19]

 

Your luck on the road continues during the next day. While crossing through thick portion of the forest you notice something hanging from the tree. Coming closer to inspect it, you find a

 

[Gained: Pick one]

-Belt which increases your strength

-Gloves which make your more dexterous 

-Sword that wields itself

-A recipe with flask you haven't seen before(White Ram Flask)

 

 

[Two rations spent]

-----------------------

As you get closer to your goal, you notice a figure on the top of the next hill. As you get closer, you notice his rather impressive stature as well as sword hanging from his hip. 

 

"Greetings maám. You need to be careful here, the road is not safe"

 

He smiles at you. It was perhaps most radiant smile you witnessed in your life. Or rather, it was a smile of a child plastered over face that is simply not made for smiling like that.  

 

"I am aware. Indeed, that is why i was sent here." you nod as you slowly approach.

 

"Oh, another Traveler?" He claps giddily. "Truly He watches over us. I am Theodor, and i was posted here to guard and warn all who may come here." 

 

"Greetings Theodor, i would be Mother Firzina" You shake your backpack, clashing vials proving your calling "Another one? To think that i would find another Traveler in this remote part of the world. Is he on the farm?"

 

"She is in the fields, there. Others are in the main house, finishing preparations."

 

"Preparations?"

 

"Yes" For the first time smile drops off his face. In its stead, there is sadness as he speaks ""We expect attack tonight" 

---- 

- FInd other Traveler. Speaking with her should be the best way to prepare your strategy. 

- Go to the main house. You are certain that others would inform you of strategy, and you will have more time to prepare more flasks

- Speak with Theodor more. Something specific maybe?


Edited by Srki, 06 January 2015 - 01:43 PM.


#25 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:08 PM

How are these thingies ([1d20=13]) supposed to be read? Never played something like this before, neither on the internet or on a board ^^

 

As for the votes...

I'd go with

--- Sword that wields itself ← Sounds useful imo

--- Find other Traveler ← We have a lot of potions already, and gut-feeling tells me the other traveller is important. Theodor on the other hand is probably a creepy fanatic.


  • Lone_ant likes this

#26 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 06 January 2015 - 02:16 PM

How are these thingies ([1d20=13]) supposed to be read? Never played something like this before, neither on the internet or on a board ^^

 

I rolled dice with 20 sides two times. First result was 13 and second was 19. Think how you can roll your ordinary dice with 6 sides and get 2 and 5.

 

What it means .. long story short whenever you move something could happen to you: 

1: Permanent loss 

2-4: Battle or negative status effect

5-7: Lost time or resources

8-12: Nothing

13-16: Resources or time gained 

17-19: You can gain loot or info 

20: Permanent gain

 

Theodor on the other hand is probably a creepy fanatic.

I guess i failed to portray him right. He is supposed to be mentally impaired to some extent. He is generally really happy and goes around while being slow and stuff. Sometimes he is sad. 

 

He has really small range of emotions.


Edited by Srki, 06 January 2015 - 02:18 PM.

  • Oben likes this

#27 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:46 AM

Sword that wield's itself seems useful and concrete. Don't really know how much strength / dexterity you gain from the other items. Hoping it's not a sword that wield's itself against us! D:

 

I agree about Getting a 2nd opinion., so go to the Traveler. At the very least it would be nice to scout out potential allies or enemies.


Edited by Lone_ant, 07 January 2015 - 05:52 AM.


#28 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 06:43 AM

Sword increases your "swordsmanship" to 2. It doesn't do anything if you are at that level of swordsmanship or higher. Other than that, it is really fucking good sword. It is not sapient or anything.

 

Both strength and agility are useful. Being stronger is always nice, and agility comes in handy when you do stuff like throwing flasks. 

 

Recipe is nice to give you some more utility. 

 

All options are good in their own right. I wouldn't offer something that is outright better or worse than others.



#29 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:24 AM

I'll stick with my choice...

Srki, maybe you shouldn't try to explain so much... I think in this kind of game, it's more fun to occasionally not know what's going on or misunderstand things ^^


  • Lone_ant likes this

#30 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:44 AM

I know. 

 

But the thread is so quiet i just have to talk about something :(

 

Oh well, i'll try to refrain from spoiling you guys too much.


Edited by Srki, 07 January 2015 - 09:44 AM.

  • Lone_ant likes this

#31 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:47 AM

@ Fulmine You made the character, so better play ^^

 

@ DaEvilWithin



#32 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12599 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 07 January 2015 - 09:52 AM

Oh didn't see the update. I'll give my input after work.

 

Following thread~



#33 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:28 AM

Anyhow, i'll try to get update ready in next five hours or so.



#34 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 07 January 2015 - 01:54 PM

Almost got sidetracked by a game.  

 

-Sword that wields itself

 
You wonder for a moment why obviously enhanced sword is sticking out of a tree in the middle of nowhere. You then shrug and pull it out. Indeed, God works in mysterious ways 
 
[Enhanced Steel Longsword gained!]
[You had to discard your old blade]
Enhanced Steel Longsword:
- Durability 2
- Sharpness 1
- Enhancement: Swordsmanship 2 
 
-----------------------------------------------------

 

- FInd other Traveler. Speaking with her should be the best way to prepare your strategy. 

 
You slowly walk towards the field where other one should be. Getting all that weight removed did wonders for your back. You were worried about that giant breaking something, but you hardly could refuse his offer to take your backpack to the farm. Or rather, you could hardly watch him look at you sadly because you refused. 
 
Someone that old shouldn't be so adorable. He was like puppy. 
 
Moving your mind to more pressing concerns, you spy your ally to be. She was tall and slim woman, with dark skin and short hair, dressed in armor similar to yours and wielding curved bow. As you came closer, she let arrow fly. Somewhere, too far away for your eyes to see, you heard silent "tok" as it hit the mark. Or hit something at least. 
 
"Greetings friend. I would be Firzina" you drop honorific as you close in 
 
She measures you, her eyes moving from your face slightly behind you. 
 
"Greetings. I am .. Dancer" she smiled. "Don't worry about it, i just ... dislike my true name. Still, to think that this mission needed another one. Troublesome."
 
You follow her as she make her way towards her arrows. "Could you explain me situation? I've heard that you have already made preparations."  
 
"Only heard? Ah, the big guy told you. Situation .. direwolves appeared some time ago. At first they were ignored in hopes that they will let farm be, but that turned not to be the case. Nothing complicated really. But having you here .. maybe something else is around?" 
 
Direwolves. Although everything big and wolflike could be called such, actual species was simple. They were big wolves, about same height in shoulders as humans and extremely cunning in their own right. Extremely ferocious, they would make sure that whatever they choose for territory is cleaned from anything that could pose danger to them. 
 
Such as farms.
 
"You seem to be experienced with this."
 
She laughed. "Not really. This is my first mission." She smiled. "At least official one. I am grateful to have some actual help though, having someone to ease you in is always good."
 
Oh. You heard about people who went around doing easier quests without blessing of God. They would get nothing from them, but they could use that experience to do some private missions. They were often referred to as Hunters. 
 
.. someone to ease her in .. did she imply that you were experienced? You remember your meeting, her eyes going above your shoul-
 
"Ahhh, you mean because of sword? I .. well, found it laying around in the middle of the road as i was coming here" She stares at you blankly "Yes, really. I am alchemist."
 
"..Well, at least that means that we won't have to face enemies other than direwolves. Plan is simple. We have moved all farmhands to the second floor. Eli and I will be on the roof, Eli acting as scout for me to shoot at them as they close in. I have about twenty five arrows. On the stairs to the floor, Theo will keep guard. Doors and windows are left open in order to bait them in. I will kill them as they come close. Theo will keep them on staircase. I will come to the second floor and kill ones inside. Hopefully we will have enough arrows"
 
You noded along. Depending on how many there are that could work, or could turn into slaughter. Finally arriving to her goal, Dancer pulls her arrows out. Each was nearly in center.
 
"Time to go back and get ready" 
 
You eye the sun. Few more hours before night comes. And wolves with it.
------------------------
 
Spend your time before attack by: 
- Making potions(if this option win you can take your picks)
- Conversing with others(pick two)
--Dancer 
--Elisabeth, little girl Dancer seems to care about  
--Theodor 
--Henry, head of family
 
 
Strategy: 
- Write in how will you place yourself and other things you want to change
 
Potions:
- Write in how will you distribute your potion. If you make more potion you will get to distribute them as well

Edited by Srki, 07 January 2015 - 01:58 PM.


#35 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12599 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 08 January 2015 - 12:51 AM

We only have 13 ingredients so we can't make potions, can we?

 

In terms of strategy, what is already laid out seems fine. We can support Theo with flasks (if we really need to) and we can always guard the stairs if his HP is getting too low or something?


  • Srki likes this

#36 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:50 AM

You can find ingredients on the farm. I will roll and depending on roll you will get ingredients + how much time you have to make potions.

 

For strategy, you could choose if and how will you distribute your potions among current party. 

 

Note that one person or weapon can only have one effect on them at the same time. So for example person who took strength potion can't take agility until effect wears off, sword that has sharpening can't have poison applied to it and so on.


Edited by Srki, 08 January 2015 - 02:51 AM.


#37 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:34 AM

I think we have enough potions... so I think we should go talking: How about the family head and Dancer again? Maybe we can recruit her as NN or something ^^

 

Strategy: Bribe the wolves with our food to go away Support as DEW said?

 

Potions: Use 1x Strength/Sense/Agility potion (0.33l) on us and 1x Sharpness salve on the sword?

 

Fire or something could be useful. Do we have something to burn down?


  • Srki likes this

#38 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:58 AM

Potions: Use 1x Strength/Sense/Agility potion (0.33l) on us and 1x Sharpness salve on the sword?

 

Actually those are three different potions. 

 

I was just too lazy to type them as different potions :P 

 

You have one for each Strenght, Sense and Agility. So you have three of them. 

 

I should fix that, really. 

 

Fire or something could be useful. Do we have something to burn down?

 

Well, you are on farm so you could find something flammable i guess. Of course, making fire while you are defending largely wooden structure could backfire on you.  



#39 Oben

Oben

    Sixpack

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11359 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:50 PM

Actually those are three different potions. 
 
I was just too lazy to type them as different potions :P
 
You have one for each Strenght, Sense and Agility. So you have three of them.


Whatever, let's use them all. We can stack up again afterwards.
 

Well, you are on farm so you could find something flammable i guess. Of course, making fire while you are defending largely wooden structure could backfire on you.


Not saying we need to throw Napalm at the whole surroundings. Maybe a torch or two.
  • Srki likes this

#40 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12599 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:54 PM

Will we even need them all? Seems like overkill.
  • Srki likes this




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users