Jump to content


Photo

[Quest] Pillars of the Fourth CIrcle


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#41 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 10 January 2015 - 12:14 AM

Can we have a more detailed description of the farm or do we just write that out? Like what are the prominent buildings (like house or barn etc.), what are the condition of the fences, what kind of farm it is (livestock or agricultural?)

 

From the looks of it, it seems to be an agricultural farm (since a livestock farm would probably have the direwolves gunning for them instead), am I correct in this assumption?

 

If it's a livestock farm, we can probably use hay (if there are hay) to form fire moats or traps, but I would hesitate to use fire if at all necessary. Wouldn't do much good chasing direwolves away if nothing is left due to the inferno :3 The livestock would probably also need protection (more probably since the wolves would probably gun for them the most anyway). Dancer can shoot fire arrows at the hay to guide the wolves ala Arthur vs the Saxons in that one movie. (we just need to position them correctly, preferably downwind and some distance away).

 

If there's no back door, I agree we can position ourselves to back up Theo and guard the stairs. Maybe have Theo drink up strength potion?

 

As for the options, I'd like to use the time making potions, I'd like to make more healing potions. We have enough for two shots, but I'd like to have more.


Edited by Lone_ant, 10 January 2015 - 12:17 AM.

  • DaEvilWithin, Srki and Oben like this

#42 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 10 January 2015 - 05:05 AM

Not saying we need to throw Napalm at the whole surroundings. Maybe a torch or two.

I'm not sure what are you planning to do with them though. I mean, you already have light, and direwolves are not exactly afraid of fire. 
 
You can burn them, but you will need a lot of fire and they can just run out and put it by rolling.

Whatever, let's use them all. We can stack up again afterwards.

 

You will have to decide who gets what potion. Remember that one person or piece of gear can only have one potion active at the same time. 

 

 

Can we have a more detailed description of the farm or do we just write that out? Like what are the prominent buildings (like house or barn etc.), what are the condition of the fences, what kind of farm it is (livestock or agricultural?)

It is your general farm. You have main building, with first floor having stone walls while second floor and roof are made of wood. There is a number of different side buildings made of wood and stone. Fences are decent, but they are hardly a problem for 140kg of supernatural wolf charging through them.

From the looks of it, it seems to be an agricultural farm (since a livestock farm would probably have the direwolves gunning for them instead), am I correct in this assumption?

 I think that i wrote somewhere that cattle was attacked?

Anyhow, direwolves are not attacking you because they are hungry. They are attacking you because they want you gone from what they view as their territory. Direwolves don't like sharing space with anything that could threaten them, such as humans.

As far as you know, they ignore everything until things that fight back are slaughtered.

E: Also people, if you agree with some plan, voice your agreement. I can't update without clear consensus.


Edited by Srki, 10 January 2015 - 05:08 AM.


#43 Oben

Oben

    there were no malfunctions

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 10 January 2015 - 06:42 AM

Sense to Theodor → I think he has enough strength, but if he's a bit dumb, that one might be more useful

Strength to Dancer

Agility to Us

Maybe?

 

Otherwise I agree with Lone Ant.


  • Srki likes this

#44 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 10 January 2015 - 07:10 AM

Here is list of potions you currently have. You can make more from the list i posted earlier if you go with that option.

 

3x Red Ant Flask

2x Health Potion

2x Stamina Potion
1x Sleep potion 
1x Paralyze potion 

1x Strength potion 

1x Sense potion 

1x Agility potion 
1x Sharpness salve(three usages)

1x Durability salve(three usages)

Red- Can be used offensively 

Green- Can be used on humans to boost them 

Blue- Can be used on weapons to buff or envenom them

 

You can ask me to clarify their effects. After all, that is something you know IC.



#45 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

Agreed with Lone and Oben I suppose. Throw the Red Ant Flasks on a need to throw basis.



#46 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 10 January 2015 - 02:38 PM

So lets see, making more potions. Let's get that out of way.

 

----

 

1d100=53 

 

Lacking resources, you quickly scan farm for ingredients. You manage to find dried herbs in one building, as well as some useful flowers in one of fields. 

 

Gained 53 ingredients! 

 

1d5=5 

 

Dancer managed to set your equipment while you was searching, so you don't waste any time and start brewing!

 

You can make up to five potions before wolves attack. One salve takes three timeslots. 

-------------------------------

 

You now have 66 ingredients. Choose potions you wish to make. Ordinary potions cost 15 ingrediants, salves three times as much.

 

Spoiler

 

You can also discuss about strategy and potion distribution. 


Edited by Srki, 10 January 2015 - 03:09 PM.

  • DaEvilWithin likes this

#47 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:45 PM

That is a lot more time than I expected.

 

Hmm. I was thinking Paralyze (or Poison) on the arrows/Theo's sword? We can be the ones to finish off the incapacitated wolves. I actually think Agility to Dancer would be more useful than strength @Oben so she hits more often?



#48 Oben

Oben

    there were no malfunctions

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:44 AM

I have honestly no idea :lol:

I was prioritizing to level out her (percieved) weaknesses, not investing in her strengths.

But sure, we can do that.



#49 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 12 January 2015 - 07:57 AM

Concur on Agility, since she's already trained with her weapon, that should provide more bang for the buck. Speaking of which, I think we should give Theodoro Steelskin potion and not Sense (I don't think he has the reflexes to make use of the boost). He can tank while our sword that wields itself / potions can provide support to actually kill stuff. Besides, no use wasting the xp :P
Also hopefully should we need to break a Red Ant flask in the first floor, the steel skin would provide at least some manner of protection.


Strategy: Same as before. Theo on door, Dancer above, us behind Theo.
Potion Making: 1 Steelskin Potion. 1 Healing Potion. (Save the other ingredients for making a salve later?)
Potion Distribution: Agility Potion to Dancer, Steelskin Potion to Theo. Put paralyze potion on our sword?
  • DaEvilWithin and Srki like this

#50 Oben

Oben

    there were no malfunctions

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:33 AM

Cool with me.


  • DaEvilWithin likes this

#51 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:46 PM

Besides, no use wasting the xp :P

You don't actually get exp for kills, only for completed quests. :P

 

I'll try to get update up in few hours.


Edited by Srki, 12 January 2015 - 01:55 PM.


#52 Srki

Srki

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:09 PM

Soft creaking of the leather. Leaves on the wind. Creaking of the wooden boards. Wind through the grass. Song of the wolves. Wind through the trees. Soft creaking of the lea-

"Could you stop that? It is really getting on my nerves" Eli hissed as she opened her eyes and stared at woman flexing her fist "I'm trying to listen here."

"Oh? It is really interesting. Potions are all kinds of fun, you know. Try asking her to give you one."

"Hmph!"

"Oh come on, you know you want it. Imagine your senses expanding even more."

".. we really shouldn't talk about that right now. Why am i even telling that to you, you are supposed to be adult here!"

"Hoh? Well then, my little scout, what news you have for me?"

Eli frowned. "About a dozen or so, making a circle around us. They should be in position sometimes soon."

"Just a dozen? How curios." Dancer slowly notched an arrow. Rising it, she whispered "Come, come, don't let us wait anymore". Arrow flew.

In distance, a direwolf died.
------------------------------------

Theodor tensed as howling grown louder. His skin glistened with grey sheen, his shirt discarded by your advice. Simple cloth would help little as he was now. You frown watching him shuffle at the bottom of the stairs. In short time you two spent here, neither tried to start an conversation. You could feel tension in him.

You move your trembling hand towards sword. As skills seeps into you, you feel stronger, more secure. It was strangely comforting,knowing that you enter your first battle with knowledge how to defend yourself. Or not so strangely, you muse.

As you hear yelps and whines, sounds of running coming closer an-

With incredible power, three beasts run in. You slowly pull your sword out, readying yourself.

*Tink*

You blink as Theodor's sword hit the ground, Theodor already closing the distance between him and the beasts. "Theod-"

And then he roars. You actually step back, cowed by share anger that roar contained. Two of direwolves shared your sentiment, retreating from Theo. The biggest wolf, however, choose to meet him heads on. You swear as you start running to save the damn fool. They collide at full speed, neither choosing to yield. Theos feet skid backwards as wolfs superior mass pushes him back. As he embraced the direwolf, its maw snapped around his shoulder, drawing blood even through his enhancement. You run, trying to get in time when you suddenly start falling - no, you blink few times before your mind accept the impossible.

It was the wolf who was rising. You can only stare as Theodor, without any strength enhancement, slowly lifts something the size of a small horse.

And then he drops it. You can hear beasts bones breaking.

Breathing heavily, Theodor turns to another wolf. From side, you can see that his face turned into mask of pure rage. As he runs to it, you choose to actually do something. Moving towards last wolf to stop him from flanking Theodor, you let the cry of your own!

Wolf moves at you, while you let the sword guide you. Dancing around its charge with ease, you nick it's right leg. And the fight ended there. You slowly turn towards the beast as it clumsily tries to use its leg. Before it could react, you make shallow slash over its other leg. And the again and again, until you looked at beast laying before your. With one last move, you drive your sword deeply inside it's heart.

You look up. First direwolf had arrow through his throat, Dancer deciding to put it out of its misery. She slowly walks up to you "Seem that i wasn't needed here. That should be all of them." She looks at you with a sudden grin "You know, that was really sweet cry. Why, if they had some glass here .."

About to scold her, you stop as you heard steps behind. Turning around, you see Theodor standing. He was covered in blood, his face expressionless. Behind him you can see blood and parts of direwolf everywhere.

"Is everyone okay?"

You can only nod. A smile suddenly appears on his face.

"I'm glad"
---------------------------------
You finish checking Theodor's shoulder, his wounds closed completely. Around you activity continues, farm folks clearing dead wolves and getting parts you asked for.

1D100 => 67 Gained 67 ingredients!

"You are fine, Theo" He smiles as he slowly starts putting his shirt on. You turn to Dancer. "Asked for me, i hear?"

She grins "You ready?" Behind her you see little girl dragging far too big staff, it's tip covered in iron.

"For what?"

"Why, the night is still young, and there is more direwolves to hunt" she smiles. "Quest is not yet complete. There are still their lair to worry about and it would be wast if they decided to run."

-Go with her, try to find and assault direwolf lair. Distribute the potions
-Argue for staying and making more preparations




.. sigh. Believe it or not, but i rolled twice for wolves. First time for number, second time for strategy. They rolled nat1 both times.

Yes.

You used one healing potion on Theodor to heal wounds he received in this battle.

Also, i removed one negative trait. Although fitting for male Alchemist, who was kinda a nerd, it doesn't make sense for you to have it.

Edited by Srki, 12 January 2015 - 03:09 PM.

  • DaEvilWithin and Lone_ant like this

#53 Oben

Oben

    there were no malfunctions

  • Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,443 posts

User's Awards

         2   

Posted 14 January 2015 - 11:58 AM

So we didn't utterly fail. Good ^^

 

I think going out into the woods towards them is pretty dumb. On the other hand, action...



#54 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 January 2015 - 08:20 PM

We can't get the xp if we don't finish the quest. :3

Besides I find it funny that after all that talk and preparation the wolves just get slaughtered so easily hahaha. I say that gives our character overconfidence thinking that these direwolves weren't as bad as they were talked up to be and foolishly charges into their den.

Edited by Lone_ant, 14 January 2015 - 08:21 PM.


#55 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:28 PM

I say that gives our character overconfidence thinking that these direwolves weren't as bad as they were talked up to be and foolishly charges into their den.

We have the worried personality + not really a combat class. I don't think it'd be IC to be foolish.


  • Lone_ant likes this

#56 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:34 PM

Oh I forgot about that. So more preparations then.

#57 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Oh I forgot about that. So more preparations then.

That's what I'm thinking. There is still the question of them running away, though. Honestly, we made preparations for a large battle and ended up fighting like one thing. We have enough to charge in with our current preparations (I don't think our potions wore off?), assuming we don't get shafted by RNG.

 

We can charge and not be foolish, can't we?



#58 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:08 PM

But muh lolz. D:

Amyways, what do you propose.. leave Theo to protect them in case the first attacks a diversion to draw us away?

#59 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

    What You Need

  • Moderators
  • 12,605 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 January 2015 - 10:09 PM

Do we lose XP if people other than us die? :P



#60 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

    Shinninja

  • Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 15 January 2015 - 12:17 AM

But then they wouldn't be able to show their gratitude from saving them and the farm if they die.. though I suppose we could just loot their bodies. . . :P

I'd rather not do that tho Hahah




0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users