56 replies to this topic

#1 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:44 PM

Due to discussion in the Suggestions forum, we'd like to give the mangas in Semi-Pro individual subforums in order to promote growth. However, I'm fairly trepidatious about this happening immediately do to lack of threads. For the next two to three weeks, I'm asking you guys to please ignore the chaos in this subforum, and make (and participate in) the threads that would be there if these series had full forums. 

Also, since Toriko somehow infiltrated here, I added a tag for it.
  • Sanji, azer_moli, DarkNemesis and 3 others like this

#2 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:49 PM

Also, since Toriko somehow infiltrated here, I added a tag for it.

What about the BnHA thread that was made today? I think Donovan got permission for it, but it could need a tag too...

Oh and while we're at it, could you clean up the finished threads too? ^^

Edited by Oben, 12 January 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#3 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12559 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

Do we use the tags for their respective series ? Like if someone makes a " [Character] Gon " thread should he add the Hunter x Hunter tag ?

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#4 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3161 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Do we use the tags for their respective series ? Like if someone makes a " [Character] Gon " thread should he add the Hunter x Hunter tag ?

Organizationally, it would make more sense to say [HxH] [Character] Gon, but that might pigeonhole things too much.

ilhd1c.jpg

#5 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12559 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

Organizationally, it would make more sense to say [HxH] [Character] Gon, but that might pigeonhole things too much.

Whatever the option we should probably decide a standard way to go about it before creating new threads.

xGzqj0x.gif

#6 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

Yes, please use the tag as a prefix. 

• Sanji likes this

#7 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:31 AM

So it's been almost two weeks. Toriko quickly got a bunch of threads. HxH probably would if it wasn't perpetually on hiatus. I think the rest need to go to Alphanumerics. Is there anything in Alphanumerics that needs the extra room of Semi-Pro and can try for a subforum?

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:26 AM

So it's been almost two weeks. Toriko quickly got a bunch of threads. HxH probably would if it wasn't perpetually on hiatus. I think the rest need to go to Alphanumerics. Is there anything in Alphanumerics that needs the extra room of Semi-Pro and can try for a subforum?

I nominate Magi and Nanatsu no Taizai

Possibly Boku no Hero Academia once the manga of the month thing in our anime clubhouse is done
  • Red Opus likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12559 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:45 AM

I nominate Magi and Nanatsu no Taizai

Possibly Boku no Hero Academia once the manga of the month thing in our anime clubhouse is done

Keep in mind that the point is not to simply move the thread in this section as a matter of "prestige" and continue to post in the single thread format. The series that step up need to be popular enough to make use of a subforum and expand their activity in multiple threads. We should check if the fans of these series think a change is needed and will act in that sense before nominating them. :^_^:

Edited by Sanji, 27 January 2015 - 11:48 AM.

• Greg and Blink22 like this

xGzqj0x.gif

#10 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:21 PM

NnT I was expecting. Does post flashback Magi still have the momentum?

#11 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10610 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 12:49 PM

NnT I was expecting. Does post flashback Magi still have the momentum?

Magi is on FIRE right now, the japs forced the mangaka to end the flashback arc sooner than she wanted too and things are just amazing right now

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#12 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2130 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:18 PM

Yeah I think the only new series that would make use of the semi pro forum would be Nanatsu no Taizai and Tokyo Ghoul. Magi too I guess but I don't read it.

Possibly Shokugeki no Souma as well? It has a pretty huge fanbase right now and its anime will be premiering in just a few months.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19030 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:41 PM

This year is vital for NnT. All the battles are coming up so worth a shot

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#14 Oben

Oben

Sixpack

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11300 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 01:55 PM

I don't think Magi and Tokyo Ghoul can sustain own subforums. Magi just won't create enough talk, even if it would be nice, and TG is already 90% spam and screaming. I guess they could be given in the Semi-Pro area though.

#15 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12593 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:14 PM

I don't think Magi and Tokyo Ghoul can sustain own subforums. Magi just won't create enough talk, even if it would be nice, and TG is already 90% spam and screaming. I guess they could be given in the Semi-Pro area though.

IMO, only certain series have the scope to necessitate their own subforum.

B3, FT, Toriko, Kubera, Hunter x Hunter, and Tower of God are the only ones who would benefit greatly. Not sure how ToGs activity is on OMF, though, since I dropped it a while back. Kubera only has like five (wonderful) people reading it as well, so most threads would serve more organizational purposes than for discussion. Hunter x Hunter is obviously on hiatus 90% of the time.

Shokugeki no Soma doesn't need it despite the popularity because of how episodic the series is. Nanatsu no Taizai doesn't need it right now (although Semi-Pro would be good for it) but this upcoming arc could change things. From what I've read of Tokyo Ghoul, it doesn't really need it either.

Not sure about Magi. Keep dropping it because of Alibaba's dumb brother.
  • azer_moli and Insane Soul like this

#16 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

Not sure how ToGs activity is on OMF, though, since I dropped it a while back

Shoot i'll sustain it by myself, that series has so much to talk about.

For the Semi-pro id just take like the most popular 3-5 threads and try them out. I think Kubera has a pretty dedicated fan-base like DEW said, and people seem to really (really) love it, so it might work if those people spend time talking about it on the forum instead of being mean otherplaces.

For other stuff I would think magi would have enough steam to work, a lot of manga that is popular is not super ongoing, so theres not constant activity like the big 3 had. I agree the closest to that would be Toriko, TOG, Nobleese (if people are still interested), and hxh.

Stuff like GOH, Kubera, Kingdom, all have pretty good bases but im just not sure if enough discussion would take place.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#17 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3082 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:29 PM

Hunter x Hunter would definitely need it once it's back from hiatus, meanwhile, it doesn't seem that useful… 

As for Kubera, there would be a thread for spoilers, and that, in itself, would be awesome. But we'd need more people discussing it for a sub-forum to be really useful… 

50c34dd1-274c-4550-9d6d-d6edce927b63_zps

#18 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

Hunter x Hunter would definitely need it once it's back from hiatus, meanwhile, it doesn't seem that useful… 

As for Kubera, there would be a thread for spoilers, and that, in itself, would be awesome. But we'd need more people discussing it for a sub-forum to be really useful… 

Sounds like it needs to be in SemiPro then.

As I was just saying in the CB.... HxH being back from hiatus never seems to happen :(

#19 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

As I was just saying in the CB.... HxH being back from hiatus never seems to happen

Dont speak that blasphemy sir.

You are our beloved admin, but i will curse you D< 

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#20 Greg

Greg

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1764 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

Dont speak that blasphemy sir.

You are our beloved admin, but i will curse you D< 

I've been reading it for close to eight years at this point. I'm speaking from experience. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users