#21 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 27 January 2015 - 02:51 PM

I've been reading it for close to eight years at this point. I'm speaking from experience. 

You gotta believeeeee~~~~~

The past does not matter, only the future~~~~~~~

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#22 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:12 PM

Nanatsu no Taizai doesn't need it right now (although Semi-Pro would be good for it) but this upcoming arc could change things.

Nah I think the fanbase could make this work. Sanji already has a list of threads that would be made if a sub forum for NNT would be made.

[Group] Seven Deadly Sins

[Group] Holy Knights

[Discussion] RITS

[Discussion] Relationships

[Anime] English Language Episodes

[Miscelanneous] Official and Fan Artwork

And this doesn't include a thread for Clans/Races Discussion, Spoilers Discussion, Individual Sins Discussions (like how there are individual threads for each of the Four Heavenly Kings from Toriko), Arthurian Theories/Mythos Discussion (which I believe people would be greatly interested in discussing and connecting) and the 10 Commandments Group Discussion (latest group of villains). There are many interesting aspects of the series to discuss and some threads would definitely be more active than others but that's okay. I believe the threads would be as active as the Toriko sub forum is right now. 

Edited by Blink22, 27 January 2015 - 03:12 PM.

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji, Sev and 1 other like this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#23 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 27 January 2015 - 03:24 PM

Nah I think the fanbase could make this work. Sanji already has a list of threads that would be made if a sub forum for NNT would be made.

And this doesn't include a thread for Clans/Races Discussion, Spoilers Discussion, Individual Sins Discussions (like how there are individual threads for each of the Four Heavenly Kings from Toriko), Arthurian Theories/Mythos Discussion (which I believe people would be greatly interested in discussing and connecting) and the 10 Commandments Group Discussion (latest group of villains). There are many interesting aspects of the series to discuss and some threads would definitely be more active than others but that's okay. I believe the threads would be as active as the Toriko sub forum is right now.

Good points. Kind of slipped my mind how much was going on. Probably because I read it for the action. >_>
  • Blink22 likes this

#24 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 05:37 PM

Sounds like it needs to be in SemiPro then.

As I was just saying in the CB.... HxH being back from hiatus never seems to happen :(

Actually… I simply forgot the distinction between SemiPro and Subforum…  :blush:

(And HxH will come back. Eventually.)

#25 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 27 January 2015 - 06:18 PM

Good points. Kind of slipped my mind how much was going on. Probably because I read it for the action. >_>

I am disappointed :lmao:

To clarify I meant that those I mentioned should go in semi pro but in terms of having its own sub forum I think that Taizai can pull it off and Tokyo Ghoul as well because there is a lot that you can talk about with this series like with Taizai....It's just not as popular here as it is elsewhere sadly

Edited by Tokoya, 27 January 2015 - 06:20 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#26 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:29 PM

@Urek Mazino @Relinquisher @azer_moli @Tale @AmrodAegnor @Nyanko @Petite Fleur

---

I promoted Kubera to Semi-Pro. Thread create away.

• Petite Fleur, Nyanko and azer_moli like this

#27 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,903 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:32 PM

---

Sounds difficult. Will do it as it becomes contextually relevant to discussions. In the meantime, y'all got this. <3

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#28 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:39 PM

One thread in over two years isn't very much discussion, however. :tezuka:

ilhd1c.jpg

#29 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,903 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:42 PM

We'll just have to hit part 5 before any of the other semi-pro series, then.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#30 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 February 2015 - 09:46 PM

Last thread was 50 pages? Not sure how long they normally are.

Either way, there are more people now than there were before.

#31 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,169 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 09 February 2015 - 10:05 PM

We'll just have to hit part 5 before any of the other semi-pro series, then.

Hmm. :)

Last thread was 50 pages? Not sure how long they normally are.

Either way, there are more people now than there were before.

Well, Semi-Pro general discussion threads are usually 50 pages.

General Discussion Threads, Manga Chapter Discussion Threads, and Spoiler Discussion Threads will last for 50 pages before they need to be renewed with a (Part 2) and so on.

Some of the other Alphanumeric (no longer the official title, but...) series have made it longer than Kubera, actually.  It's hard to tell how many pages New Waves has had as it's been cut off by the archive system.  That's probably been 120 pages, though. :)

In the end, though, this is just simple discussion of rules and whether diversifying Kubera discussion will lead to more empty threads, a problem we've discussed.

ilhd1c.jpg

#32 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

whether diversifying Kubera discussion will lead to more empty threads, a problem we've discussed.

Personally, as a fan of Kubera, I share this worry. I mean, there were weeks where the only posts in there were mine, stating the spoiler script, and Urek Mazino's posting of the spoiler link (I mention the two  weeks at the end of January as an example). I personally think we need to keep threads to an absolute minimum, one spoiler, one chapter, one QandA/Info thread, keep it nice and tight and direct. 

Edited by Nyanko, 10 February 2015 - 02:45 AM.

• FrostyMouse likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#33 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:31 AM

---

I love you. 

@Nyanko, I agree, a few threads are enough. Q&A and RITS can be in the same thread, it doesn't matter. 

#34 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 February 2015 - 11:41 AM

It's true that discussion is really dependent on how regularly the chapters are translated.

I do think we should have a time line & power of the name thread though.

#35 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:16 PM

It's true that discussion is really dependent on how regularly the chapters are translated.

I do think we should have a time line & power of the name thread though.

Can't "Power of the Name" be in the RITS thread? Most of the theories would be about it (though there's also the Cataclysm, Ananta, Asha, Gandharava, etc. who can generate lots of theories. As for a timeline, it could be useful indeed, but I don't know whether it'd generate a lot of discussion. I'd add something about terminology too, sometimes I have to look on wikia to be sure about Sura, Rhastika and what is specific to each of them… (that can be put in a Q&A thread, or in the beginning of the chapter discussion)

Well, I'll make a RITS thread anyway so that it's at least done. 

#36 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:26 PM

I'd add something about terminology too, sometimes I have to look on wikia to be sure about Sura, Rhastika and what is specific to each of them… (that can be put in a Q&A thread, or in the beginning of the chapter discussion)

Lol! :lol:

@azer_moli defo's needs a terminology thread. Unless you intentionally made a portmanteau of Nastika and Rhakshasa. 

HQeVEdo.png?3

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.c...ment-1216310802)

#37 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:28 PM

@azer_moli defo's needs a terminology thread. Unless you intentionally made a portmanteau of Nastika and Rhakshasa. 

Yup. I never remember their names or their spelling, and that's what leads to… that xD

• Tale likes this

#38 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:34 PM

I suppose it could be. I just like having things organized even if it isn't promoting discussion directly. More as a useful reference.

Doing a re-read soon so I'll try and have terminology and stuff down. If work ever lets me leave. OTL
  • azer_moli likes this

#39 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:45 PM

How about in the RITS thread, the first post is a Q&A (including how to access the overlays), the second post is a glossary, the third post is a timeline and so on before we get to the actual RITS part. If the discussion becomes more detailed and heated on a paticular theory, then DEW can use his super mod powers to seperate it into a different thread. That way we don't have empty threads cluttering up the forum. I know you want to increase readership, DEW (so do I), but a bunch of empty not used threads is more likely to turn someone away from the series than make them read it. At least thats what I think

Edited by Nyanko, 10 February 2015 - 12:47 PM.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#40 azer_moli

azer_moli

• Moderators
  • 3,133 posts
  • LocationFrance

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:49 PM

How about in the RITS thread, the first post is a Q&A (including how to access the overlays), the second post is a glossary, the third post is a timeline and so on before we get to the actual RITS part. If the discussion becomes more detailed and heated on a paticular theory, then DEW can use his super mod powers to seperate it into a different thread. That way we don't have empty threads cluttering up the forum. I know you want to increase readership, DEW (so do I), but a bunch of empty not used threads is more likely to turn someone away from the series than make them read it. At least thats what I think

Works for me. 

Would you make the Q&A post with the overlays? Adding maybe a link to Kubera's wikia which can always come in handy. 

I'm not sure what else would be useful as of now in the Q&A.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users