Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:26 PM

The Four Heavenly Kings

34pm9hx.jpg

The Four Heavenly Kings (四天王 Shitennou) is the name commonly given to the group formed by Toriko, Coco, Sani and Zebra. They all are incredibly powerful Gourmet Hunters who were trained since childhood by IGO president Ichiryu.
Despite the presence of stronger and more experienced individuals than the kings existing, what truly makes the Four Heavenly Kings the most idolized and recognized Gourmet Hunters of their generation is the countless achievements they have made in the field of gourmet hunting by discovering countless new ingredients, with just one of their members having discovered over 6000 kinds of new ingredients. It is these many discoveries and contributions to the Gourmet Age that makes them stand out among other hunters, making them "Gourmet Hunters" in the truest sense.

Discuss here about :

Toriko

29xu4cx.jpg

The World's Greatest Bishokuya ! A kindhearted glutton who would always rather share his meal with a friend. Make a wrong step though and you will find yourself caught in a wild battle against a ruthless predator !

Coco

o6e8mq.jpg

The Fortune Teller that can see through the tapestry of fate ! Will the odds always be in your favor ? Resist his sweet poison or succumb to a deadly addiction !

Sani

9huafa.jpg

Is he an angel or a demon ? Both a beauty and a beast, the man that tastes the world with countless touches. Can you find harmony or will you be consumed by the Hell Prince's feelers ?

Zebra

ixa83c.jpg

The God of Death who brought countless species to extinction ! Can your world adapt or will your cockiness bring forth the wrath of the Grim Reaper ?

Edited by Sanji, 16 January 2015 - 06:38 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#2 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 12 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

Probably the most potentially OP character since midora / ichiryu, satan hair is just....if sani was a character in any other manga with that ability he'd be the final villan it's so OP and they'd have to nerf it tremendously. Sani can potentially eat the space around him and...well we seen what that can do...hungry space variant or....

If he can eat air like horse king heracles we have a destroy breath variant or....

If he eats air and creates a vaccum the air would rush into the vaccum and the friction would create explosions..(i'm sure that is wrong)

But yo sani is just...awesome

• Sanji likes this

9T9UA2g.jpg

#3 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:09 PM

Probably the most potentially OP character since midora / ichiryu, satan hair is just....if sani was a character in any other manga with that ability he'd be the final villan it's so OP and they'd have to nerf it tremendously. Sani can potentially eat the space around him and...well we seen what that can do...hungry space variant or....

If he can eat air like horse king heracles we have a destroy breath variant or....

If he eats air and creates a vaccum the air would rush into the vaccum and the friction would create explosions..(i'm sure that is wrong)

But yo sani is just...awesome

Yeah Sani has so much crazy potential. I'm really intrigued to see how the "faces of his former opponents being shown apparently tormented inside his Satan Hair" card will be played out

Spoiler

The face Kaka makes when he sees them it's like "wtf he's got people in there ?? "  :lol: Also that AAAA SFX , it's for that panel right ? Look's like Tommyrod and the gang in there are not having that good of a time. :lol: Quite the creepy sight, like he's carrying with him a portable portal to hell. Satan's hair is a suitable name. :^_^:

Edited by Sanji, 12 January 2015 - 09:10 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#4 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:12 PM

Best Heavenly King for sure.
  • Sanji and Red Opus like this

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#5 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 09:18 PM

Best Heavenly King for sure.

He really won me over through the Cooking Festival Arc. Sani vs Tommyrod, the fight and him also having that short but awesome flashback with his connection with Ichiryu and his special understanding of beauty and pain were the highlight of that arc for me. And that says a lot considering we also had Ichiryuu vs Midora, Jiro knocking the entire damn planet, Setsuno being the awesome granny that she is or Buranchi vs Elg, which was awesome cuz Buranchi is awesome. :lol:

xGzqj0x.gif

#6 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 01:31 AM

Yeah Sani has so much crazy potential. I'm really intrigued to see how the "faces of his former opponents being shown apparently tormented inside his Satan Hair" card will be played out

The face Kaka makes when he sees them it's like "wtf he's got people in there ?? " :lol: Also that AAAA SFX , it's for that panel right ? Look's like Tommyrod and the gang in there are not having that good of a time. :lol: Quite the creepy sight, like he's carrying with him a portable portal to hell. Satan's hair is a suitable name. :^_^:

im fairly certain that at some point in the future Sani will use Tommyrod as Tommyrod used insects. Spit him out and have him fight fodder. Of course Sani would only do that when he's leagues above Tommyrod in terms of strength, to ensure Tommyrod doesnt misbehave.

Also im not even sure the author realized just what he was writting when he created satan hair... I mean Sani might be the strongest hk. tbh his 'hair' was powerful enough without the satanic upgrade, i would of rathered his ability expanded more in the directionof one pieces Doflamingo. each of his 'feelers' being ridiculously strong, and his 'kitchen' being so large is enough potential. satan hair is cool, but none of the things Sani could previously do with his hair suggested satan hair was even possible. I mean imagine if suddenly zebras yells could eat people. so yeah i rank satan hair amoung zebras sound walls and cocos poison dolls as just too silly, even for this series.
  • Sanji likes this

signature under construction

#7 Oben

Oben

3 Minutes after Boiling

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,029 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:25 AM

I think Satan Hair isn't that OP in comparison to the rest of the universe, considering we have Minority World, Taste Change, Planet Knocking, and whatever the Eight Kings will come up with.

Sure it is powerful and would be the strongest thing ever in most other mangas, but not here... for the 4HK, Coco has also been proven to be hax as hell (I'm expecting Poison Planets once we get to space), and Zebra's ability is Death... only Toriko doesn't seem as hax yet.

• Sanji and Tale like this

#8 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,629 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 07:53 AM

My favorite Heavenly King and fourth favorite character. After Tommyrod, Brunch and Starjun. Needless to say, I love Sani vs Tommyrod.

• Sanji likes this

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#9 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:09 AM

I like that only Sani has a thread.  :lol:

Though we could consider turning it into a "[Group] Four Heavenly Kings" thread to account for the level of activity in here. 

That said, I agree with Oben that Sani's ability doesn't appear to be that overpowered considering the other abilities in the Torikoverse, but it does look like it has the most potential out of all the Kings' abilities (in terms of haxness), especially if it's taken to the Hungry Space route. 

Edited by Tale, 13 January 2015 - 08:09 AM.

• Sanji and Ajh77 like this

#10 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

im fairly certain that at some point in the future Sani will use Tommyrod as Tommyrod used insects. Spit him out and have him fight fodder. Of course Sani would only do that when he's leagues above Tommyrod in terms of strength, to ensure Tommyrod doesnt misbehave.

Also im not even sure the author realized just what he was writting when he created satan hair... I mean Sani might be the strongest hk. tbh his 'hair' was powerful enough without the satanic upgrade, i would of rathered his ability expanded more in the directionof one pieces Doflamingo. each of his 'feelers' being ridiculously strong, and his 'kitchen' being so large is enough potential. satan hair is cool, but none of the things Sani could previously do with his hair suggested satan hair was even possible. I mean imagine if suddenly zebras yells could eat people. so yeah i rank satan hair amoung zebras sound walls and cocos poison dolls as just too silly, even for this series.

If Tommy stayed as strong as he was before the time skip, Sani should be comfortably stronger by now. Would be cool to see him bring back some "undead" army of sorts from his Satan Hair to fight for him. :lol:

The size of his dining kitchen, strength of his individual feelers and his general stats did increase as well and he developed nice utility techniques like those wings or more importantly the speed increase techniques with his remote feelers.

I think Satan Hair isn't that OP in comparison to the rest of the universe, considering we have Minority World, Taste Change, Planet Knocking, and whatever the Eight Kings will come up with.

Sure it is powerful and would be the strongest thing ever in most other mangas, but not here... for the 4HK, Coco has also been proven to be hax as hell (I'm expecting Poison Planets once we get to space), and Zebra's ability is Death... only Toriko doesn't seem as hax yet.

I agree with this though, Sani's hair has a lot of crazy potential and would be broken beyond belief in most series, but in Toriko i think it merely establishes him as a clear elite within the verse once fully developed and not the absolute strongest. It's an ability suitable for one of the HK who should at their peak overshadow crazy creatures like the Eight Kings or entities like the Blue Nitro.

I like that only Sani has a thread.  :lol:

Though we could consider turning it into a "[Group] Four Heavenly Kings" thread to account for the level of activity in here. 

That said, I agree with Oben that Sani's ability doesn't appear to be that overpowered considering the other abilities in the Torikoverse, but it does look like it has the most potential out of all the Kings' abilities (in terms of haxness), especially if it's taken to the Hungry Space route. 

Yeah, he's my favortie HK so i made one for him first. :lol: Oben then also pointed out that maybe we should make a group thread, so i said i would wait a bit to see how much activty a thread for just one of the HK can get. I asked this in the Toriko thread as well, if you guys think it's better to have a single thread for all 4 HK i will copy your posts from this thread and move them to a new one that deals with the entire group. :^_^:

Edited by Sanji, 13 January 2015 - 10:02 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#11 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:58 PM

Zebra is the most interesting among the kings nothing he does fall in line with what they do 

does he even know food honor? No zebra has ever been domesticated, i guess that zebra fact

.......applies to zebra aswell [pun]

also coco looks too much like acacia dude....really...

• Sanji likes this

9T9UA2g.jpg

#12 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 04:08 PM

Zebra is the most interesting among the kings nothing he does fall in line with what they do 

does he even know food honor? No zebra has ever been domesticated, i guess that zebra fact

.......applies to zebra aswell [pun]

also coco looks too much like acacia dude....really...

I sort of like Zebra and Coco the least, but that's mostly just because i like Sani a lot and i think Toriko is one of the better MC in shonen manga. :^_^: Still remember that badass introduction he got

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

After the first chapter he was already more awesome than any Getsuga/Rasengan spammer or rubber boy in my book. The guy was using an elevator wire for fishing, how much more badass can you get ? B)

xGzqj0x.gif

#13 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

it isnt op in comparison to some of the other abilities we've seen, but it is in comparision to the abilities of the hk's.
i dont think anything the other hk have shown compares in terms of being unbalanced. coco's poison has limitations, and we've seen way too many creatures straight up immune.fo it to be considered reliable. Zebra is handicapped by his idiocy. and Toriko is, like you said, balanced. those 3 hk's abilities are no doubt strong, but they are also somewhat niche.
Sani's hair on the other hand, can rebound enemy attacks back with added power, can fly, can give a strength boost, can eat literally anything, can store anything it eats, can be used to analyse the vital signs of anyone within his kitchen, can be used as a restraint, its got ranged aoe and ranged accuracy, its strong, invisible, fast, etcetc.
basically its really really versitile, and that would be fine, if it had a weakness to balance it out. but it doesn't, its essentially applied Phlebotinum.

signature under construction

#14 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

it isnt op in comparison to some of the other abilities we've seen, but it is in comparision to the abilities of the hk's.
i dont think anything the other hk have shown compares in terms of being unbalanced. coco's poison has limitations, and we've seen way too many creatures straight up immune.fo it to be considered reliable. Zebra is handicapped by his idiocy. and Toriko is, like you said, balanced. those 3 hk's abilities are no doubt strong, but they are also somewhat niche.
Sani's hair on the other hand, can rebound enemy attacks back with added power, can fly, can give a strength boost, can eat literally anything, can store anything it eats, can be used to analyse the vital signs of anyone within his kitchen, can be used as a restraint, its got ranged aoe and ranged accuracy, its strong, invisible, fast, etcetc.
basically its really really versitile, and that would be fine, if it had a weakness to balance it out. but it doesn't, its essentially applied Phlebotinum.

Poison dolls seemingly replicating it's targets exactly is pretty damn crazy. So is the new addiction poison he showcased that basically neutralized the Master that the HK were fighting against as a group. Zebra should still have the most destructive potential, most range, is probably the fastest and while not a genius he definitely has the battle instincts to make up for it. Look how he refused to train with the HK but ended up mastering Enbu as well due to his vast combat experience and understanding of his opponents and the way they felt in the last seconds of their life. Toriko has the most physicality, the GW experience, a second demon that wrestled with one of the Eight Kings without giving up that much ground and the Ultimate Routine that's unique to him among the HK.

They all are pretty damn impressive. I'm more of a fan of Sani's ability as well, but in terms of combat prowess i'm pretty sure all the HK are on a mostly even playfield.

Edited by Sanji, 13 January 2015 - 08:33 PM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#15 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,928 posts

Posted 13 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

Coco needs a good fight.

dray_zpsbpu3gdui.jpg

No, nothing can change my world.

#16 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:22 AM

Coco needs a good fight.

He really does. I was really disappointed with how his fight with Grinpatch was handled. Had so high hopes for that one as well after seeing Sani vs Tommyrod.

xGzqj0x.gif

#17 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:58 PM

I imagine that Coco would be a bit difficult to find a good opponent for. If his opponents have tremendous poison resistance, either Coco can't use his main abilities or has to focus on finding a poison that works (which makes for boring fights, imo). If they don't, he can probably easily win. 

• Sanji likes this

#18 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,509 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:22 PM

I imagine that Coco would be a bit difficult to find a good opponent for. If his opponents have tremendous poison resistance, either Coco can't use his main abilities or has to focus on finding a poison that works (which makes for boring fights, imo). If they don't, he can probably easily win. 

Maybe that's why he's being given the poison dolls as well, to build combat scenarios where he acts as a "commander" and "hero/special unit", buying time with his his troops/dolls until he manages to work out an efficient poison to use against his opponent. Basically a balanced fight against him would always have a time limit. I'd be for that if we get a more detailed explanation on his dolls and their limitations.

xGzqj0x.gif

#19 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,105 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 15 January 2015 - 08:39 AM

Maybe that's why he's being given the poison dolls as well, to build combat scenarios where he acts as a "commander" and "hero/special unit", buying time with his his troops/dolls until he manages to work out an efficient poison to use against his opponent. Basically a balanced fight against him would always have a time limit. I'd be for that if we get a more detailed explanation on his dolls and their limitations.

I'm all for it if it gives him an opportunity to use his intelligence. Their match with Livebearer is one of my favorite confrontations in the manga, even if it isn't a fight.

• Sanji and Ajh77 like this

#20 Iron

Iron

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • LocationBeyond the wall

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:25 PM

Coco is my boy. The brains of the group

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users