42 replies to this topic

#21 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:51 AM

I imagine that Coco would be a bit difficult to find a good opponent for. If his opponents have tremendous poison resistance, either Coco can't use his main abilities or has to focus on finding a poison that works (which makes for boring fights, imo). If they don't, he can probably easily win. 

An intelligent, level headed opponent with speed superior to Coco's and some ranged attacks would be a interesting, challenging match up for Coco. Teppei, Maybe?

• Tale likes this

signature under construction

#22 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 06:28 AM

An intelligent, level headed opponent with speed superior to Coco's and some ranged attacks would be a interesting, challenging match up for Coco. Teppei, Maybe?

Poison vs plants seems suitable thematic wise as well. :^_^: . Since we are talking about possible future opponents for Coco, will Grinpatch also get a chance at a rematch or we're past the stage where this match-up would be a point of interest ?

• hubris and Tale like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#23 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:07 AM

Poison vs plants seems suitable thematic wise as well. :^_^: . Since we are talking about possible future opponents for Coco, will Grinpatch also get a chance at a rematch or we're past the stage where this match-up would be a point of interest ?

I would have prefered the Grimpatch v Coco fight if the former didn't have that immune system. Considering how much stronger Coco is in close quarters I think it would of been really interesting to see how he handles someone sniping him. As for a rematch; I would love to see that, by virtue of Grimpatch just generally having some interesting abilities. But I don't think we will see any serious battle between the two, cus I don't think the Bishokukai can be classified as enemies anymore :-/

• Sanji and Tale like this

#24 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 08:21 AM

I would have prefered the Grimpatch v Coco fight if the former didn't have that immune system. Considering how much stronger Coco is in close quarters I think it would of been really interesting to see how he handles someone sniping him. As for a rematch; I would love to see that, by virtue of Grimpatch just generally having some interesting abilities. But I don't think we will see any serious battle between the two, cus I don't think the Bishokukai can be classified as enemies anymore :-/

I kind of dislike the idea of Bishokukai being in friendly terms with the HK. I liked them as villains and still favor them for that role over NEO or the Nitro, even if they are currently lacking to some extent in numbers or power. Do you think they will help out in the war against the Blue Nitro ? Like if there are 8 Nitro we could have 4 HK + Midora, Starjun, Grinpatch and maybe Alfaro against them, if the Bishokukai continue to consume King ingredients and grow strength wise.

Edited by Sanji, 20 January 2015 - 08:21 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#25 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

I kind of dislike the idea of Bishokukai being in friendly terms with the HK. I liked them as villains and still favor them for that role over NEO or the Nitro, even if they are currently lacking to some extent in numbers or power. Do you think they will help out in the war against the Blue Nitro ? Like if there are 8 Nitro we could have 4 HK + Midora, Starjun, Grinpatch and maybe Alfaro against them, if the Bishokukai continue to consume King ingredients and grow strength wise.

Yeah I'm not sure how I would feel about them being part of the 'good guys', considering that whole "tried to destroy the entire human world" thing. I do think they will help out against the Nitro, but I don't think it will be a "friendly" relationship between them and the HK, more reluctant allies, and possibly rivals after that. 

• Sanji likes this

#26 Oben

Oben

there were no malfunctions

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 20 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

I think they will team up with the Bishokukai against NEO and the Nitro, and then go separate ways again. Starjun is Toriko's main rival after all, and I wouldn't be surprised if their rivalry carries over to a beyond-God arc. I think that the old generation (Joa, Acacia's disciplines) will be finished in the Gourmet World, and that Space will be the playground for the next generation - possibly, the Bishokukai will disband as an organization after God is found, and everything will turn into a race of individuals - that's actually the scenario I can see happening the most.

• Sanji, Ajh77 and hubris like this

#27 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 08:38 AM

I was wondering why we were getting so much focus on Sani. I guess it was to build up for him fighting the Monkey King first? Hopefully not in build up towards him getting destroyed by the monkey king... But then I can't imagine Bambi taking that cheap shot well...

• Sanji likes this

#28 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 February 2015 - 10:32 AM

I guess Shima is rotating focus? Toriko got his action against Heracles, Sani against Bambina, and Coco and Zebra will get theirs against the Kings of Area 6 and 5 respectively.
  • Sanji likes this

#29 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:13 AM

I guess Shima is rotating focus? Toriko got his action against Heracles, Sani against Bambina, and Coco and Zebra will get theirs against the Kings of Area 6 and 5 respectively.

Like i said before, if this is the case i really hope we get more development for their Gourmet Monsters as well the way we got with Toriko's Blue and Red when he faced Heracles.

xGzqj0x.gif

#30 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 February 2015 - 07:53 AM

Like i said before, if this is the case i really hope we get more development for their Gourmet Monsters as well the way we got with Toriko's Blue and Red when he faced Heracles.

I won't take any of the other demons seriously until they also do like this:

Spoiler

Btw, would it make sense to add Komatsu to this thread?

• Sanji likes this

#31 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 08:10 AM

I won't take any of the other demons seriously until they also do like this:

Btw, would it make sense to add Komatsu to this thread?

:lol:

He's not one of the HK but i guess it would make perfect sense to have a thread for the Chefs of Toriko, where he would belong as well ?

xGzqj0x.gif

#32 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:26 AM

That's the best case scenario, Worst case would be Sani getting curb-stomped next week.

• Sanji likes this

#33 Charnsuka

Charnsuka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 779 posts
  • LocationVoid of 'Meh'

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:26 PM

Any more room in Sani Love camp? Everyone else is fine and dandy, but Sani is the beautiful beast.

Gotta say, during the AIR arc I was getting a bit pissed that Toriko was hogging all the spot light. I mean, yeah, the series is named after him, I get it, but come on now. He'd been getting all the attention since the start of the TS. I'm really hoping that the others get more time to shine. They've been doing more this arc thankfully, but I still want them to have some individual fight so they can show off as well. I'm also curious if any of them have "Jet" variations of their moves as well.

• Sanji and Tale like this

#34 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,193 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:27 PM

? Toriko got his action against Heracles, Sani against Bambina,

how? 

Sani got one or two panels and didn't really do anything. Toriko got a full chapter of fighting Heracles.

Better to die on one's feet than to live on one's knees

#35 Oben

Oben

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,416 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:28 AM

how? 

Sani got one or two panels and didn't really do anything. Toriko got a full chapter of fighting Heracles.

It looked different two weeks ago ^^

#36 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 09:22 PM

Well coco is.....seeming more op by the second

I still say sani is the most op king, his hair has no limits.....satan hair can eat coco's poisin...like...that is Cray Cray #sanibandwagonallday

Seeing Sani use his Hair Dome in the latest chapter

Spoiler

Made me think of how a Satan Hair Dome would look. Since it can absorb anything, it should be like a perfect defense.  Maybe later on he will be able to do that and release an army of consumed former opponents/beasts ( Tommy and company ) to fight for him while he chills inside. :lol:

• Ajh77 and Red Opus like this

xGzqj0x.gif

#37 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,158 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:17 PM

Sani is his own army! Interesting things of late tho
Zebra has lost his stripes! I don't feel his edge anymore..
That maybe because of the GW but he's become more moderate and ironically...
Less cocky...he's still cocky tho...just not as much as he used to be...

#38 Ajh77

Ajh77

Mage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationCrashing into the sky as I fall from the sea

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

I wish Zebra would use his sound in more interesting ways outside of plain destruction.  I want to see more stuff like death sound where he uses the sound to create some sort of OP effect.  

Maybe something like using the sound to vibrate through and shatter all the bones in an opponent or removing the ability to hear anything whatsoever within a certain range.

• hubris likes this

pq1sg.jpg

Sajin Komamura - "I won't tell you not to hate me. I won't tell you not to bear a grudge against me. All I ask is that you don't sacrifice yourself for the sake of revenge. If you were to do that, and I were to lose you, like you lost your friend, it would break my heart."

Tousen Kaname - "...Thank you...Komamura."

#39 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 05:55 AM

I wish Zebra would use his sound in more interesting ways outside of plain destruction.  I want to see more stuff like death sound where he uses the sound to create some sort of OP effect.  

Maybe something like using the sound to vibrate through and shatter all the bones in an opponent or removing the ability to hear anything whatsoever within a certain range.

Now that I think about it... We really haven't had any exposition on Zebra's abilities since the Mellow Cola arc, and I can't recall him ever getting a power up (along the lines of Satan Hair, or Devil Poison)... Kind sucks, cus imo he definitely has the most interesting ability out of all the HK's

#40 hitesh93

hitesh93

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

Now that I think about it... We really haven't had any exposition on Zebra's abilities since the Mellow Cola arc, and I can't recall him ever getting a power up (along the lines of Satan Hair, or Devil Poison)... Kind sucks, cus imo he definitely has the most interesting ability out of all the HK's

He never needed an upgrade...he was significantly stronger than the other three and they'd been playing catch-up until now. An upgrade for him is on the way though, and it will be something that will add a new dimension to his attacks I believe. He doesn't need more 'power', he needs some special ability.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users