Photo

Fixing Up The RP Forum

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: RP Concepts (21 member(s) have cast votes)

What kind of RP would you like next?

1. Naruto (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

2. Bleach (3 votes [5.77%])

Percentage of vote: 5.77%

3. Hunter x Hunter (4 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

4. Fairy Tail (4 votes [7.69%])

5. Gantz (1 votes [1.92%])

Percentage of vote: 1.92%

6. Typical Fantasy/Lord of the Rings/Berserk (8 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

7. Science Fiction/Space (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

8. Zombie Apocalypse/Survival (6 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

9. Modern Crime/Assassins/Black Lagoon (4 votes [7.69%])

10. School/Martial Arts/HSDK/Veritas (4 votes [7.69%])

11. Superheros/X-Men (8 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

12. Other (post your suggestions in the thread) (2 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 16 January 2015 - 08:52 AM

If there's no hard limit, then saying "not be too short or too long" is too ambiguous as to be nearly useless. Obviously, the people who write short or long think that they aren't writing too short or too long.

Hence you'd need to have a hard limit if you want these things to be more or less consistently followed (by hard, it need not be exact number of word / paragraph length of course.. it could be a range).

And if we're going to have that, then having it forum wide would be too limiting, but GMs can (and did) put posting limitations on sign up members. Ofcourse there maybe instances that you really want to join the RP but just find a few particular member's posts to be, as you say, time consuming... and you can't afford to skip them.

Well, another alternative way is to, well, talk to particular members and maybe ask them to tone it down or up?  Maybe ask them to put a summary at the end of the post?  Or you could ask the GM to provide posting limitations.  They could refuse yes, but that's fair.. I mean they're not doing anything "wrong" you know.

Edited by Lone_ant, 16 January 2015 - 08:56 AM.

• King Tai likes this

#22 Animaniac

Animaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Posted 16 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

Ok then, bill is not popular :D

Btw, I'm voting for typical fantasy. Though prefer to GM fantasy RPs rather than RP, I don't like the alternatives. 

If we don't know what we're doing enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions.

#23 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 16 January 2015 - 12:47 PM

Hm, what about fantasy capes zombie survival on another planet in the school where a murder just happened?

:D

#24 Animaniac

Animaniac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAbsurdistan

Posted 16 January 2015 - 01:25 PM

Hm, what about fantasy capes zombie survival on another planet in the school where a murder just happened?

:D

2vkn7tw.jpg

• ZCOverload likes this

If we don't know what we're doing enemy certainly can't anticipate our future actions.

#25 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 17 January 2015 - 06:51 PM

You can vote for more than one option in the poll. Just thought I'd include a bunch of options to see what people were interested in.

As for the posting size limit that would probably be best for the GM of the RP to handle. I just don't think I'd want to have some forum wide restriction where everyone has to post a certain way. If the GM wants to have some specific limitations to go along with their RP or for posts to be a certain length they can have that be part of their rules.

Anyway, I'll probably go ahead with the new format and start to archive the old RP threads and look over the old rules/guidelines to see what needs changed. Then I can get Greg or Rhyssa to structure the board a little differently. Like getting rid of the OOC board. I think just having a main RP board and a Concept Creating board would be best if things are going to run more out of the SGs. Of course I'll run an RP, as well as a CYOA, at the start to help people understand the new structure. I think people will be a little overwhelmed with creating a whole SG for a RP and the threads it needs. So maybe my example will help some. I can update the guidelines and suggest what types of threads a RP would need, like a main RP thread, character sheet thread, OOC, and so on.

#26 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:07 PM

After messing around with SGs some and figuring how running the RPs out of them would work I think I might go back to the old method. While running them out of the Social Groups would allow a lot more freedom for the GM to manage the RP how they want it does require a lot of extra steps to create an RP. Plus managing a whole SG takes a lot more time than just 2-3 threads in the RP board. Since we are starting over with a small community I don't know if I would want that many steps involved or something that might discourage a member from creating a RP because they don't know much about SGs. I'd rather start with something more simple.

That being said I am not abandoning the Social Groups. I'm going to change the rules and guidelines thread around some and include them in there. So if members want to manage their RP out of a Social Group because they want more freedom they are allowed to, and I'll include some extra steps and tips for helping them do that in the guidelines thread, or I might make a separate thread for it and pin it. So members can post Social Group RPs in the main RP forum to help advertise them and so on as well.

So the main thing I am going to do now is rearrange the structure of the RP Forum. I'm going to keep the OOC sub-forum, but I am going to move all the General Discussion/Lounge threads out of there and put them in the main forum. So the OOC is just for OOC discussion. I don't think there are going to be that many RPs so it shouldn't get that crowded. Also I don't like keeping Info Cache and Concept Discussion together. Concept discussion should be on its own and I will probably have Info Cache be it's own sub-forum where members can keep track of important info and things there separate from the OOC thread. Using the Info Cache will be completely optional though. Just more room for the GM to manage their RP.

The big problem I think is that I don't know if members really know where to sign up for RPs. I guess I could have the RP OOC sub-forum be called the RP Sign Up/RP OOC forum, but maybe it would be best to just have that in a separate sub-forum. Since looking through OOC discussion threads to see where members post their character sheets and who exactly wants to join can be messy, or having two different threads in the OOC board for the same RP could get messy too. Creating a separate sub-forum for that might make it easier.

So the new structure would look like this:

Main RP Forum:

-RP Rules & Guidelines (pinned)

-Social Group RPs (pinned)

-RP General Discussion/Lounge Thread (pinned)

-Tips and Tricks (pinned)

- Q&A Thread (pinned)

- RP 1

- RP 2 (this one could link to the SG where the RP takes place)

- CYOA 1

- RP 3

- CYOA 2

- RP 4

RP Concept Discussion

- Guidelines for Concept Threads (pinned)

- Concept 1

- Concept 2

- Concept 3

RP OOC Discussion

- Guidelines for OOC Threads (pinned)

- RP OOC 1

- RP OOC 2

RP Sign Up/Character Sheets Submissions

- Guidelines for Sign Up Threads (pinned)

- RP Sign Up 1

- RP Sign Up 2

Info Cache

- Guidelines for Info Cache Threads (pinned)

#27 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 19 January 2015 - 09:36 PM

I suggest merging sign-up and info cache. .. will have more indepth post later, but that's the thing that stands out first. No point separating them.

#28 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 20 January 2015 - 02:52 AM

Yeah that could work. As I guess character sheets are basically part of the info cache.

#29 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:08 AM

Anyone still interested in One Piece RPs? It's my jam.

#30 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:25 PM

@Hyouzou

Yeah, I plan to run a OP RP once I get the RP forum fixed up some to try and use that RP to lure some people to the RP forum. I'm reworking the RP rules threads at the moment, but by this weekend I will have it all set up I think.

#31 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

I'm up for any new RP really. :D

Ok, the setup looks fine to me, just needing a few tweaks.

Firstly, as I said, the Signups doesn't need its own forum. Either lump it in with Info cache (since character sheets are going to wind up there), or just do the Sign up in the OOC. This is because it unnecessarily complicates signing up and character modification, but also because many RPs wouldn't even be using it since most SG RPs sign ups happen in the SGs themselves. 

Having had a few days thinking about it, I think the original system of sign-ups being in the OOC forum / thread is the best way. This is because when signing up there usually is a lot of discussion about the characters and about the RP and indeed a large percentage of the starting OOC thread is about that exactly. In contrast, the Info-cache is supposed to be just that, a repository of information about the RP and not really a place for discussion (or do we just make an exception for Sign-up threads?).

The original reasoning why have a separate Sign-up area is so that people wouldn't have to hunt through entire threads to find relevant information.  So maybe have tentative character sheets in the info-cache and discuss them in the OOC (which effectively means requiring all RP Section RPs to have an info cache) or just use the original system of one OOC thread per RP for discussion and sign-ups with GMs themselves keep track of the sign-ups by their own means (google docs, etc.).. unless you want to require 2 threads per RP in the OOC?

An another note, we're missing a Character Art Request Thread. However instead of starting our own maybe sticky a link to the thread in the Art Forum :

http://onemangaforum...p-or-otherwise/

Since that thread is already well established, plus it would make it easier for our art people to help out otherwise :D

We could also have a "RP of the week" promotion thread? Just having a thread for SGs isn't going to cut it advertisement-wise. I mean, its useful as an index and as classified ads, but to get the word out we'd need something else. So maybe have a different RP promoted per week? Dunno how we're going to do this tho.. maybe GMs can apply and we have a lottery? So every week we delete the previous one and post a new promotion thread at the top of main.

That's what I have for now, though, that's just me though. Would like to see other's opinions about things since it would be a hell of a lot harder to change them later on.

Edited by Lone_ant, 23 January 2015 - 09:53 PM.

#32 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:19 PM

That is a good idea about the Character Art Request thread. I can pin a thread with that link in the main RP forum easily.

I'll probably wait on the RP of the Week promotion idea. If we can get the RP area somewhat active again then I'll think about trying something, but I have no idea if any of this will work, lol. We will see though.

I do like having a Sign Up/Info Cache sub-forum. I can understand keeping everything in the OOC and having players sign up there does make them read the OOC, but those threads can quickly get a little messy with a bunch of posts. Plus I think I'd like to keep one OOC thread per RP in the OOC Forum. So combining the Sign Up/Info Cache into one sub-forum I think will keep things a little more organized.

I think it is actually better to look at it as a Sign Up forum first and a Info Cache second. It's primary purpose is to be a place where members post their character sheet to join the RP so you don't have a bunch of random character sheet submissions in the OOC thread, but it can also be extra space if a GM wants to keep track of important information and details. So no discussion would take place there and using it as an Info Cache is entirely optional too. I mean if members want they can even open a Social Group and use that SG as their Info Cache.

So the sub-forum would look like this.

- [Sign Up] Name of RP 1 (have links to the OOC and RP Thread in the thread along with a brief description of the RP and character sheet where members post their characters, so no discussion takes place there)

- [Sign Up] Name of RP 2

- [Info] Name of RP 1

- [Sign Up] Name of RP 3

- [Info] Name of RP 2

#33 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 01:28 AM

I think I might combine the Social Group thread idea into the Steps & Tips for Creating Roleplays thread. So right now that thread looks like this. I'm posting it here to see if anyone has any tips they think would be good to add. I haven't finished the CYOA part yet as well.

Steps & Tips for Creating Roleplays thread:

Different Areas of the RP Forum

Understanding the areas of the RP Forum:

• Main RP Forum. The part of the forum where the RP will take place and members will make their individual posts for their characters.
  • OOC Forum. OOC stands for Out Of Character which refers to the player speaking to other players normally outside of the main RP to discuss how the RP is progressing and plans of where it is going. So the OOC Forum is where players can open a separate thread from the main RP thread to discuss the RP without breaking up the action in the main RP thread.
  • Concept Forum. Where members post their ideas and concepts to help fill them out and gauge the interest level for their RP.
  • Sign Up/Info Cache Forum. This is the part of the forum where members can submit their character sheet for a RP they wish to participate in. It can also be used as an Info Cache where the GM, or other members, and post and edit various information about the RP and their characters to keep track of important information and changes to the RP in an area outside the OOC thread.

Steps for Creating Roleplays

Creating a rolepay must follow this process:

• A Roleplay (RP) needs to be placed in the Concept Forum first. In the concept thread a member can get help developing their RP ideas and find out who is interested in participating.
  • All Roleplays need to abide by the general OneManga Forum and RP Forum rules. So nothing overly inappropriate or graphic.
  • After a GM (Game Master or person running the RP) thinks their RP is developed enough they can go ahead and open a main RP thread in the main part of the RP forum, a Out Of Character (OOC) thread in the OOC forum, and a Sign Up thread in the Sign Up/Info Cache forum.

Using Social Groups for your RP:

• Opening a Social Group to run your RP out of is allowed. Some members who run a RP might prefer having more control and power to manage their RP and a Social Group will allow them that.
  • Members still need to open a concept thread in the Concept Forum to develop their idea, but they do not need to create a OOC thread in the OOC Forum or a Sign Up thread in the Sign Up/Info Cache Forum. Those types of threads can be opened and managed in the Social Group where the RP is taking place.
  • Members who use a Social Group for their RP can open up a RP thread in the main part of the RP Forum to help advertise it.
  • Members can also have a OOC thread and a Sign Up thread in the RP Forum but can use a Social Group for their Info Cache if they want as well.

Steps for creating a CYOA style RP:

• CYOA stands for Choose Your Own Adventure. It is a type of RP that is lighter on story and focused more on moving a character through a bunch of different choices decided by the GM. Players can take turns moving the character through each different choice trying to keep them alive or achieve a certain goal.
  •  

Tips for Roleplays

Several tips for helping creating and participating in RPs:

• Having a basic framework of a story for the RP before opening a concept thread will help things move more quickly.
  • Does the RP have a character profile or character sheet ready.
  • Any stat systems or combat systems of any kind should be tested during conception.
  • If you think something in your RP is against the rules and isn't forum appropriate check with me or another staff member to see if it is before continuing.
  • Make sure all the rules for your RP are explained clearly and well organized.
  • Are the policies for joining fair.
  • Does the RP have enough members to make the RP viable and entertaining. 
  • Sometimes it is best to assign each different players a certain color to use to keep things more organized. So everyone knows who is posting what. Though if you use colored text be sure it isn't too bright to see or becomes hard to read on different forum skins.
  • Introducing posting rotations into your RP if you feel certain members are posting too much and getting to far ahead or if some members don't know when to post.
  • Have a posting time limit so members know when to skip over another player if they are taking to long to post.
  • Take your time when it comes to posting so you can make it the best of your ability.

#34 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 05:29 PM

I'm waiting on Greg or Rhyssa to reorganize the layout to the RP forum some then I can start posting all the new threads. Though I still need to work on the Tips part a little in the Steps and Tips thread, but I have finished reworking Sena's old rules to take into account what members have suggested in this thread. So I am going to post them to see what everyone thinks of them and if I should changed or add anything. Still kind of a long list of rules and guidelines, but I don't really want to get rid of anything as I think it is all helpful for new players.

------------------------------------------------------------

In the RP Forum, like all other parts of the forum, members are expected to adhere to and follow the general OneManga Forum's Rules and Guidelines. Be sure to read over them if you haven't.

General RP Rules & Guidelines

Treat Other Members With Respect: This is the most important rule not only in the RP Forum but on OMF. Be respectful and treat other members how you would want to be treated. Try to understand that members put a lot of time and effort into creating RPs and characters and criticism can easily come off as hurtful. So if the criticism isn't constructive or helpful it would be best to not say anything. Members being thoughtless or demeaning to others can easily kill a RP. It's natural for members to get into arguments and disagreements, but try to remember that everyone is here to have fun and try not to take everything too seriously.

Post Size and Quality: All posts in the main RP threads need to have a minimum of 3 to 4 sentences. In other words about a full paragraph. This is to keep quality up, as short posts are usually not detailed enough. We realize that some people prefer to post in only a few paragraphs and others prefer enormous novel posts. Though the opposite applies, please try to avoid posts that contain large A4 sheets of text. After all, the GM and other roleplayers need to read it as well. Posts that are too long can feel like a chore to read instead of being fun.

Use Paragraph Style, Not Scripting Style Posts: In paragraph form you are capable of describing the situation much better than in scripting format. It also helps break up large walls of text and looks more organized. Think of paragraph style as paragraphs you would find in a traditional novel. Where you are describing the scene and action your character is in with bits of dialogue and internal thoughts laced within the paragraph.

An Example of Scripting Style:

“Character 1: I'm going to get a burger.”

“Character 2: Cool, I'll come with you.”

“Character 1: Sounds good.”

With scripting, there is a lot of conversation, but no detailed action. In the long run, scripting is not beneficial to the RPs. Again though, make sure you post about a paragraph’s worth. The more you put in, the more everyone else has to work with.

Be Sure To Distinguish What Is And What Isn't Dialogue In Posts: Other characters aren't able to hear another player's character inner thoughts. They can only hear and react to dialogue spoken out lout. It is important to make sure that what is spoken out lout is easily understood by other players when reading each others posts so they can react to it if needed. If the text in a post was all formatted the same then it can get confusing for other players to understand what exactly happened. So be sure to use "quotations" and bold, underlined, italicized, or colored text to make it more apparent.

An Example In Paragraph Style:

"Damn, it was all clear just a moment ago", Michael said while taking a moment to catch his breath. "It was supposed to be a simple supply run and now we are stuck in this mess. If only I had a little more time I'm sure I could have gotten more supplies and maybe it would have been worth it." Michael looked at the the rest of the men standing beside him who were also taking a moment to ready themselves for what they were about to face. Some were checking their gear making sure they didn't lose anything in all the commotion and others were readying their guns making sure they were prepared to fire at a moments notice.

Tip: Sometimes it is best to assign each different players a certain color to use to keep things more organized. So everyone knows who is posting what. Though if you use colored text be sure it isn't too bright to see or becomes hard to read on different forum skins.

Use Good Grammar: Make a conscious effort to speak in a proper manner, and to spell correctly. It doesn't need to be perfect, but capitalize letters when needed, use punctuation, and avoid chatspeak / 1337 5p34|<. If you do wind up with a habit of pOStiNg l1Ke tHiS, expect someone to say something about it.

Tip: If you have a character that doesn’t speak English and you want to make that clear in your post, that’s fine. Just be sure to leave notes on what she/he is saying, so we can respond properly. It is a useful tool but keep in mind that even spellcheckers can be flawed.

No Controlling Another Player's Characters Without Permission: This is called Powerplaying. If you post a character other than your own doing something without the permission from the original player or GM that’s powerplaying. Same with other actions you may perform. It’s unfair to the person who was originally in control of that character to have it “stolen” from them in the RP. Unless the rules of the RP set up by the GM say otherwise try avoid doing this.

Try To Avoid Modding Unless the RP Allows It: Modding in RPing is when a player takes an action (usually an attack, but not necessarily restricted to those) against an NPC or player character, without giving them a chance to react. An example of modding would be:

“I fire my gun and blow up the alien’s head!!”

As you can see, the alien had no chance to react to being shot at. In contrast to something like:

“I take my gun and aim it at the alien’s head, pulling the trigger.”

See the difference? The latter example allows a reaction from the alien. Modding is boring and defeats the purpose of doing an RP. It should only be done if the player intending to attack the NPC or character received permission from the GM, or in the case of player characters, from their respective players.

No Godmodding: Seriously though, no godlike, invincible, or overpowered characters. They can ruin a RP for everyone. Try and keep things within reasonable boundaries of the RP and your character at all times. Otherwise, what’s the fun? Some examples of godmodding may be:

• Unlimited dodges: You dodge attacks all the time, which annoys other users because they can obviously never hit.
  • Know it all nature: Basically, you seem to know everything like you’re an expert on it, even if it’s your character’s first time hearing about it. This can also include asking questions about things you shouldn’t know about, or guessing a lot of things and getting it all correct. It's like you know exactly what's going even though your character has nothing to do with it or never heard of it and you get it right.
  • The All-Seeing Eye: This can also be rather annoying. This is when your character knows everything that is going on in the world, like you’re god, or taking an omniscient view on everything. It can also have tied with teleporting, like if an event interests you even though your character should know nothing about it, but you go over there anyways despite not having a reason to. If you don’t have a reason to move your characters over somewhere they’ve no reason to be in, don’t do it. If you want to go to a certain location that badly, again, talk with the GM and check to see if you’re given the OK (seeing smoke in the air somewhere, hearing a close by explosion, etc).

Post Content Should Stay PG-13: Certain levels of violence and mature material is acceptable, but keep it PG-13. It's sort of a general term used to describe the level of content on the whole forum. So no overly graphic violence or explicit sexual scenes. So this means NO posts describing or detailing any type of rape, sex or foreplay between characters. Of course relationships and certain levels of flirting, such as kissing, between characters is allowed, but any intimate/sexual moments between characters should "fade to black" rather than be described in a player's posts. They should happen off screen/panel.

If you think that the content of your RP may disturb a younger audience, include a warning saying so and why. There are minors on the website so we want to keep content as appropriate as possible. If you aren't sure something is appropriate or not contact me or another staff member first before proceeding.

The Game Master's word is law: In a roleplay, the Game Master (GM) is god. They are the ones that created the RP and are running it. This gives the Game Master the right to alter known events and scenarios to their choosing. Even in a roleplay based on a series such as Naruto, the RP is based in a world of its own which is his/her design. If the GM says something cannot happen then it cannot happen. If they say something can happen then it can. Cannon be damned because in their roleplay it is the Game Master who is boss.

Signing Up & Kicking Players From RPs: Anyone and everyone is free to sign up for any of the RPs here and can submit their character sheets in the appropriate thread in the Sign Up sub-forum. So in the Sign Up thread be sure to include an example of a character sheet for the RP if you are a GM so the players know what to post.

Only a GM may kick someone out of an RP, and only if there is a reasonable cause for it. In other words, “I don’t like how this person RPs/the person in general” isn’t a good enough reason, especially if there is nothing tangibly wrong with the player. However, if a person is not getting the point, not fitting into the genre/setting, not listening, etc., there is a cause for refusing, since that person has been given pointers and still hasn’t made amendments despite it. If someone is not following the RP rules, anyone can contact the GM for a removal request, or a moderator if necessary.

If you feel you are being unfairly treated by the GM then get into contact with the moderators, though expect them to go into a full in depth analysis of the situation. And if you are found to be just causing trouble and are blatantly in the wrong then please do not be offended when you are infracted.

• Hyouzou likes this

#35 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 24 January 2015 - 10:49 PM

Okay, the RP Forum layout has been changed. I have the Concept Forum guidelines thread done so that part of the forum is basically finished.

I think I might go ahead and post the Concept thread for my One Piece RP so people can start to give their ideas about that so it can come together. I'll probably try to work on fixing up the OOC Forum next and I might try to salvage the Tips thread @Lone_ant made in there and anything else I can find. Since I need to fix up the Steps and Tips thread I made.

• Hyouzou and Lone_ant like this

#36 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

You're doing the doG's work here, Shin. Many thanks.

#37 ZCOverload

ZCOverload

Lucina Main

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,383 posts
  • LocationTech City

User's Awards

3       2    4   

Posted 28 January 2015 - 05:50 PM

GGWP Shin. Keep up the good work, mate!

DbR5r2F.jpg?1

#38 Ichihimefan!!

Ichihimefan!!

Hime

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  • LocationIwatobi Swim Club~

Posted 02 February 2015 - 02:35 AM

It's sad to see that a few bad seeds can affect the general opinion of a group of people. I RPed here for years and even when I first started I was welcomed warmly.

The Corner died because OMF is not the site it used to be and a large amount of the once active members have left. It's hard to generate traffic here for a couple reasons.

Still I wish you all luck in getting this RP Corner back in action. :)

Have fun! And Hi Shin!

:kakashi:

Edited by Ichihimefan!!, 02 February 2015 - 02:37 AM.

• Shin likes this

himesigfreefree_zpsc2310416.gif

~Forever will forever be ours~

#39 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,660 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:57 PM

I'm up for any new RP really. :D

Ok, the setup looks fine to me, just needing a few tweaks.

Firstly, as I said, the Signups doesn't need its own forum. Either lump it in with Info cache (since character sheets are going to wind up there), or just do the Sign up in the OOC. This is because it unnecessarily complicates signing up and character modification, but also because many RPs wouldn't even be using it since most SG RPs sign ups happen in the SGs themselves. 

Having had a few days thinking about it, I think the original system of sign-ups being in the OOC forum / thread is the best way. This is because when signing up there usually is a lot of discussion about the characters and about the RP and indeed a large percentage of the starting OOC thread is about that exactly. In contrast, the Info-cache is supposed to be just that, a repository of information about the RP and not really a place for discussion (or do we just make an exception for Sign-up threads?).

The original reasoning why have a separate Sign-up area is so that people wouldn't have to hunt through entire threads to find relevant information.  So maybe have tentative character sheets in the info-cache and discuss them in the OOC (which effectively means requiring all RP Section RPs to have an info cache) or just use the original system of one OOC thread per RP for discussion and sign-ups with GMs themselves keep track of the sign-ups by their own means (google docs, etc.).. unless you want to require 2 threads per RP in the OOC?

An another note, we're missing a Character Art Request Thread. However instead of starting our own maybe sticky a link to the thread in the Art Forum :

http://onemangaforum...p-or-otherwise/

Since that thread is already well established, plus it would make it easier for our art people to help out otherwise :D

We could also have a "RP of the week" promotion thread? Just having a thread for SGs isn't going to cut it advertisement-wise. I mean, its useful as an index and as classified ads, but to get the word out we'd need something else. So maybe have a different RP promoted per week? Dunno how we're going to do this tho.. maybe GMs can apply and we have a lottery? So every week we delete the previous one and post a new promotion thread at the top of main.

That's what I have for now, though, that's just me though. Would like to see other's opinions about things since it would be a hell of a lot harder to change them later on.

Funny thing is, that I'm the reason why that art request thread even exist in the first place :3 On OMF 2.0 I asked PunkP to draw me my character for Geyter's OP RP and Geyter liked that picture so much that Geyter bugged PunkP to draw a few NPCs for that same OP RP, and i nthe end PunkP opened up the RP Character Request Thread and back on OMF 2.0 it had a lot fo request, so many that she brung other people on board (like Clouddreamer among others) and it even made it to OMf 3.=, but when the RP Corner started to die out, the RP Character Request thread obviously also started to dry up, so CloudDreamer changed it to other usage than just RP Characters.

In the end all I want to say is, you can thank me :3 :P

And this is really a good idea to link to that thread, because although the people who draw the requests started to go mising, so maybe when there will be more request than the 1 to 2 once in a while they will also start to resurface :3 (if not it is really a shame, because they did great work)

• Lone_ant likes this

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#40 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,348 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 05 February 2015 - 07:31 PM

Oh yeah, I meant to make a Character Art Request Thread thread as well. I can do that now since it won't take very long.

@Ichihimefan!!

Thanks Hime! Good to see you as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users