Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

I'd say to definitely ask one of the mods to move it back, why was it moved there in the first place?

We can add another title in it's place if you want since technically we had four during the summer season (the second half of Re:Zero plus 91 Days, Orange, and Alderamin) but is there anything else that you wanted to add though?

BTW I won't make the Kuzu no Honkai thread until next week since it doesn't air until the 13th.

If I had to guess, I think it was because it was getting a second season and maybe we could use its obligatory spot for something new (That or somebody wanted to archive it)

And no worries about the KnH thread, that's all you buddy :)

But apart from that, I'm not sure what else you guys would want to watch as of yet even though I personally really liked Masamune-kun no Revenge

But be that as it may, I heard good things about a series that's coming out today called Demi-chan wa Kataritai which is a Seinen Comedy with fantasy/school elements, and then there's Triggers' entry this season in Little Witch Academia which always had a lot of buzz ever since the OVA/Movie came out

Edited by Tokoya, 07 January 2017 - 10:02 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#542 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:14 AM

I'd say to definitely ask one of the mods to move it back, why was it moved there in the first place?

If I had to guess, I think it was because it was getting a second season and maybe we could use its obligatory spot for something new (That or somebody wanted to archive it)

I requested it to clear up space for the forum and prevent it from getting deleted, but none of the threads from 2016 ended up getting deleted anyway so it ended up being pointless. Only realised later it would have been easy to restore it too.

And no worries about the KnH thread, that's all you buddy :)

But apart from that, I'm not sure what else you guys would want to watch as of yet even though I personally really liked Masamune-kun no Revenge

But be that as it may, I heard good things about a series that's coming out today called Demi-chan wa Kataritai which is a Seinen Comedy with fantasy/school elements, and then there's Triggers' entry this season in Little Witch Academia which always had a lot of buzz ever since the OVA/Movie came out

LWA out of those three should drag more people in here. 

Wahahaha.

• Tokoya and Goddess Nike like this

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#543 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

Ah, but that has a thread already so that needs moving too.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#544 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 07 January 2017 - 11:51 AM

Little Witch Academia already has it's own thread in the anime sub-forum so I'd rather leave that one as it is.

The promotional video for Demi-chan isn't available here so I don't have much to go besides the synopsis and I haven't watched the first episode Masamune-kun no Revenge yet so whatever you decide to go with between those two is fine with me. Maybe the latter since the first episode is already out and we can make another thread in anime section for Demi-chan once that airs. I intend follow all of these at least initially, especially if I keep getting snowed in like I am today.

Btw I'm loving Koro-sensei Quest so far.

---

I didn't notice that you had just made a thread for it so I say we go with Demi-chan then...

Edited by Goddess Nike, 07 January 2017 - 11:56 AM.

2h7297a.jpg

Pro Scientia Atque Sapientia

#545 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:05 PM

Little Witch Academia already has it's own thread in the anime sub-forum so I'd rather leave that one as it is.

The promotional video for Demi-chan isn't available here so I don't have much to go besides the synopsis and I haven't watched the first episode Masamune-kun no Revenge yet so whatever you decide to go with between those two is fine with me. Maybe the latter since the first episode is already out and we can make another thread in anime section for Demi-chan once that airs. I intend follow all of these at least initially, especially if I keep getting snowed in like I am today.

Btw I'm loving Koro-sensei Quest so far.

---

I didn't notice that you had just made a thread for it so I say we go with Demi-chan then...

What about this Madhouse series

82497.jpg

Edited by Tokoya, 07 January 2017 - 12:06 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#546 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

What about this Madhouse series

https://myanimelist.cdn-dena.com/images/...

I don't know anything about it but that's fine as well. I think that's the one Otaku-N suggested a few pages back.

2h7297a.jpg

#547 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 12:53 PM

Ya, that was my pick. Seemed like it might be a sleeper. Probably stick with Demi cause choices like Acca are always a bit iffy.

Edited by Otaku-N., 07 January 2017 - 12:53 PM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#548 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 January 2017 - 11:45 PM

Check out Onihei and let me know what you guys think of it

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#549 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:15 AM

Check out Onihei and let me know what you guys think of it

Weird animation in places, with the blurs and stuff.  The action sequences are decent to balance it out. I'm not particularly drawn in though.

The other choices like the CG people was really weird and jarring.

Edited by Otaku-N., 10 January 2017 - 03:29 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#550 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:00 AM

Also reporting back that ACCA 13 is definitely too slow to be a pick for the season. Barely anything happened ep 1.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#551 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:18 PM

Weird animation in places, with the blurs and stuff.  The action sequences are decent to balance it out. I'm not particularly drawn in though.

The other choices like the CG people was really weird and jarring.

I really liked it tbh

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#552 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 12:37 PM

I really liked it tbh

Well, more focus on Heizo himself would have been good. I think he's meant to be the main character of the franchise?

What was your favourite part?

Laughed my ass off hard when Kumehachi's former master revealed he went full scumbag.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#553 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 01:32 PM

Also reporting back that ACCA 13 is definitely too slow to be a pick for the season. Barely anything happened ep 1. (I'm a moron)

It's still rather slow but there's actually a decent amount of setup that I missed on my first watch (mostly in the untranslated second half). So yeah, give ACCA 13 a shot guys.

Edited by Otaku-N., 10 January 2017 - 01:47 PM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#554 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 January 2017 - 10:29 PM

Well, more focus on Heizo himself would have been good. I think he's meant to be the main character of the franchise?

What was your favourite part?

Laughed my ass off hard when Kumehachi's former master revealed he went full scumbag.

I loved the overall tone of it as well as this time period...The story wasn't anything amazing but it was quite intriguing and I wouldn't mind seeing more plus in terms of visuals, I think that the backgrounds and lighting were well done too

I can't really pick a favorite part but I loved all of the character driven moments and even though the animation wasn't like amazing (I still think it fits this series though) I really liked the action scenes, mainly the one at the end

And I REALLY hope that the thief guy is a main character because I loved his ideological views and honour...The chief is pretty cool too

It's still rather slow but there's actually a decent amount of setup that I missed on my first watch (mostly in the untranslated second half). So yeah, give ACCA 13 a shot guys.

Nothing really happened in ACCA but I will say that I'm intrigued by the politics of the organization as well as the shadiness that is going on behind the scenes.....The main character was alright too

And in regards to Hand Shakers....All I'm going to say is that GoHands went WAAAAAAY over the top with the visuals and everything dealing with chains was just......Strange lol

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#555 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 12:43 AM

(I still think it fits this series though)

I think I'm starting to see what you mean here.

And in regards to Hand Shakers....All I'm going to say is that GoHands went WAAAAAAY over the top with the visuals and everything dealing with chains was just......Strange lol

Oh yeah, it's so gratuitous. I hope that within the next 5 years they'll shown some restraint in their direction but I do appreciate the effort. And the character animation is so detailed.

It's technically the most experimental thing I've seen this season in terms of visuals. Character/Story seems like the last priority here :lolxg:

• Tokoya likes this

JaAjRjC.png?1

#556 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:40 AM

How did that even happen?

You aren't by any chance in Australia at the moment are you DEW?

RIP

I'm in the Land of the Free. Which means ISPs who throttle like a motherfucker.

I think I prefer ACCA over Demi-chan (because I read the latter), but I'm barely around so who cares about me.

• Otaku-N., Fulmine and Goddess Nike like this

#557 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,407 posts
  • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 11 January 2017 - 03:47 AM

I think I prefer ACCA over Demi-chan (because I read the latter), but I'm barely around so who cares about me.

i care

• DaEvilWithin, Fulmine and Goddess Nike like this

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#558 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,875 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

Lol, I see

Doesn't matter to me between the two, but based off of first episodes, Demi-chan offered more imo

Edited by Tokoya, 11 January 2017 - 08:52 AM.

• Goddess Nike likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#559 Goddess Nike

Goddess Nike

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts
  • LocationIn Despair

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:28 AM

I also liked the first episode of Demi-chan more but while I think ACCA had very slow start and didn't leave much of a first impression it also has a higher potential ceiling as a show imo...that said I since I've already created the threads it doesn't really matter at this point.

BTW I finally hit 200 posts!!! :party2:
Screw you 1,000+ posts guys

• DaEvilWithin, Otaku-N. and Tokoya like this

2h7297a.jpg

#560 Grimmjagger

Grimmjagger

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • LocationCaNdY fAcToRy