#1 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:42 AM

Have a suggestion or comment about how The Clubhouse is being run? This is the thread for it.

Serious posts only.

#2 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 02:30 AM

so umm..... how are the "Anime/Manga of the Fortnight" and "Series of the Month" suppose to work?

Do we just stare at them, nod a bit, and just move on? Do we not get to comment/discuss about it or anything?

If the intention is to direct the people to the respective forum threads, why don't you include links to them? (although I don't think Baccano has one...) Or our we suppose to head to the Clubhouse to talk about them?

Though personally, I'd rather be able to add comments on the thread itself....

Edited by ruggia, 15 January 2015 - 02:31 AM.

• DaEvilWithin and Oben like this

#3 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,183 posts

User's Awards

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:06 AM

so umm..... how are the "Anime/Manga of the Fortnight" and "Series of the Month" suppose to work?

Do we just stare at them, nod a bit, and just move on? Do we not get to comment/discuss about it or anything?

If the intention is to direct the people to the respective forum threads, why don't you include links to them? (although I don't think Baccano has one...) Or our we suppose to head to the Clubhouse to talk about them?

^ This. There should really be links to our respective discussions.

#4 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,131 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:35 AM

Actually, what if those threads served as temporary discussion threads, and then were merged with their threads in the other forum when it was time to pick new series for display?

Edited by Tale, 15 January 2015 - 09:35 AM.

• Fulmine likes this

#5 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 15 January 2015 - 09:55 AM

You're supposed to be able to comment. I just forgot it was locked. Only discussions that aren't picked yet will be locked.

^ This. There should really be links to our respective discussions.

Actually, what if those threads served as temporary discussion threads, and then were merged with their threads in the other forum when it was time to pick new series for display?

I'm going to link to the respective discussion thread (if it exists), and link back to the AoTF/SoTM threads. Can discuss wherever they see fit, then.

I'll merge the posts with the actual discussion thread later, yeah.

• Tale likes this

#6 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

For Manga of the Fortnight, do members get to suggest or you pick it yourself, DEW?

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#7 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,547 posts

Posted 17 January 2015 - 09:59 AM

For Manga of the Fortnight, do members get to suggest or you pick it yourself, DEW?

Recommendations:

The idea is to have users write recommendations for anime/manga they feel are underexposed. Hype up those underrated series lost in the AlphaNumeric section! Try to use proper spelling & grammar.

• Anime/Manga of the Fortnight:
    • One recommendation for a completed anime will be selected every two weeks.
    • One recommendation for a completed manga will be selected every two weeks.

To my understanding, by using the format Dew posted as an example with the Baccano and Boku no Hero threads, you can post recommandations and Dew will make the selection.

Edited by Sanji, 17 January 2015 - 10:03 AM.

• DaEvilWithin and Fulmine like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#8 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 17 January 2015 - 10:55 AM

Additionally I'll get an award sorted for whoever wins.
  • Tokoya likes this

#9 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 18 January 2015 - 01:59 AM

To my understanding, by using the format Dew posted as an example with the Baccano and Boku no Hero threads, you can post recommandations and Dew will make the selection.

Oh, I forgot to say but I was just asking for this first round. Cause I didn't see any poll or recommendation thread and DEW already had Baccano thread up so I thought for the first run DEW would do everything by himself to make example.

So, do we suggest the series in here or in the ''Welcome...'' thread?

#10 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 18 January 2015 - 10:53 AM

Oh, I forgot to say but I was just asking for this first round. Cause I didn't see any poll or recommendation thread and DEW already had Baccano thread up so I thought for the first run DEW would do everything by himself to make example.

So, do we suggest the series in here or in the ''Welcome...'' thread?

You can do a full write up in the appropriate subforum. So like if you're going to recommend an anime do it in the Manga/Anime of the Fortnight. I'll lock it until it's chosen.

#11 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,348 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

i've some questions too

to summarize:

each 2 weeks:

- 1 completed manga

- 1 completed anime

each month:

- 1 ongoing manga

each season:

- 3 new animes

is this right?

for each group there are recommendations?

the "3 anime to follow" suggestions go into the subsection "anime/manga forth" or somewhere else?

i've only seen this in the rules:

"Don't like what I have chosen? It's up to you guys to let me know. This club is for all of OMF: your input is important."

but it's not specified "where" to input, and "when", i mean it's possible to leave any input before the selection is made?

what happens when one serie is chosen? are all the threads in the "recommendations" sections cleared (or merged, or taken away to leave room for a new wave of suggestions)?

are there some rules in place to avoid a serie getting featured more than one time, or to keep track of the past selections? (a public track thread would be interesting to have)

Edited by Zeando, 30 January 2015 - 03:54 AM.

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#12 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 728 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:21 AM

i've some questions too

to summarize:

each 2 weeks:

- 1 completed manga

- 1 completed anime

each month:

- 1 ongoing manga

each season:

- 3 new animes

is this right?

the "3 anime to follow" suggestions go into the subsection "anime/manga forth" or somewhere else?

"Don't like what I have chosen? It's up to you guys to let me know. This club is for all of OMF: your input is important."

but it's not specified "where" to input, and "when", i mean it's possible to leave any input before the selection is made?

what happens when one serie is chosen? are all the threads in the "recommendations" sections cleared (or merged, or taken away to leave room for a new wave of suggestions)?

are there some rules in place to avoid a serie getting featured more than one time, or to keep track of the past selections? (a public track thread would be interesting to have)

I'm still slightly confused too, but I think the intent is that the Fortnight section is meant to be a "recommendations" section where people are free to post their recommendations. Among the recommendations, our fearless leader DEW will pick a series to be chosen as the "Anime/Manga of the Fortnight" and pin it to the top. Of course, I could be totally wrong :P

Whether the thread gets archived or merged with Animanga section is something I'm not sure. If they do get move/archived/merged, we should at least have a master-list of the series that have been recommended/chosen already....

I decided I'll try posting one recommendation every week, rotating between manga/anime. (although i'll probably run out of anime at some point since my manga library is a lot larger...)

As for how the monthly thing works, i'm gonna see what happens on Feb.

Edited by ruggia, 30 January 2015 - 04:22 AM.

• DaEvilWithin likes this

#13 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:30 AM

So DEW, how about Kubera as next months manga of the month?
Why? Because if the world isn't reading Kubera, they are depriving themselves of perhaps the best mystery series being published at the moment

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#14 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:41 AM

I think wait until Kubera is no.1 in the Top100 Manga.

For next month I recommend Nanatsu no Taizai. That thing needs to be the one replacing Naruto.

#15 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

You can do a full write up in the appropriate subforum. So like if you're going to recommend an anime do it in the Manga/Anime of the Fortnight. I'll lock it until it's chosen.

So you can basically recommend a title yourself as long as you follow the given structure?

qhz8b56l.png

#16 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,575 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:51 AM

Really quickly because I'm about to be late for work:

i've some questions too

to summarize:

each 2 weeks:

- 1 completed manga

- 1 completed anime

each month:

- 1 ongoing manga

each season:

- 3 new animes

Yes.

For the three anime to follow it's mostly going to be me picking, but if you have recommendations (for the anime specifically) you can put it into this thread and I'd take it into account.

For the rest of the recommendations, you can do what Ruggia did and post it in the respective subforum. I'll lock it until its time to replace the new thread and pin it up once the time is over.

Series won't get picked more than once, but a public track thread is a nice idea. I'll work on it.

So DEW, how about Kubera as next months manga of the month?
Why? Because if the world isn't reading Kubera, they are depriving themselves of perhaps the best mystery series being published at the moment

Kubera is by far my favourite series; however, I'm waiting for the right time. Not enough people have been sucked in yet.

This was all created so I could one day recommend Kubera en masse. Shh, don't tell Greg.

I think wait until Kubera is no.1 in the Top100 Manga.

For next month I recommend Nanatsu no Taizai. That thing needs to be the one replacing Naruto.

Nanatsu no Taizai already has its fair share of fans. IMO it doesn't need the popularity boost.

So you can basically recommend a title yourself as long as you follow the given structure?

Yes. It wasn't meant for me to sit there and recommend my taste to you all. :P

If you think you have a better structure by all means use your own. I just want it to look nice.

• Nyanko likes this

#17 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,890 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 09:57 AM

I WISH they have a 1/10 of your taste.

Nanatsu no Taizai already has its fair share of fans. IMO it doesn't need the popularity boost.

Yeah, but imagine many familiar faces in Big3 subforums go there. But you're right. Should be something else that has absolutely little attention.

#18 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:31 AM

Really quickly because I'm about to be late for work:

Yes.

For the three anime to follow it's mostly going to be me picking, but if you have recommendations (for the anime specifically) you can put it into this thread and I'd take it into account.

For the rest of the recommendations, you can do what Ruggia did and post it in the respective subforum. I'll lock it until its time to replace the new thread and pin it up once the time is over.

Series won't get picked more than once, but a public track thread is a nice idea. I'll work on it.

Kubera is by far my favourite series; however, I'm waiting for the right time. Not enough people have been sucked in yet.

This was all created so I could one day recommend Kubera en masse. Shh, don't tell Greg.

If you think you have a better structure by all means use your own. I just want it to look nice.

Oh ok, i´ll try to write up something as well

qhz8b56l.png

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,325 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:39 AM

There's 2-3 anime series that I have in mind....@ShinmenTakezo, I think that maybe you might have one of these on your mind already

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,197 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:43 AM

There's 2-3 anime series that I have in mind....@ShinmenTakezo, I think that maybe you might have one of these on your mind already

Oh interesting, what might it be, i do not want to take anything away if you want to do a rec as well

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users