#41 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 12 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Well, it's supposed to be ongoing so hopefully it updates at least once during the time it is series of the month? Other than that the only restriction is that it should be good.

• hubris likes this

#42 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:33 AM

Last question :P when do you think you'll choose the next series of the month? I ask cus I've been looking, and I've found a half a dozen series that look like they fit the mold really well (look decent, virtually no discussion about them at omf, updated recently), was thinking I might put up another recommendation or 2 if I have time..

edit: nvm, read the first 10 or so chapters of Apocalypse no Toride, Ajin, Black Haze, City of dead Sorcerer, UQ Holder, Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari and Hive. Didn't really think they were anything special, although I might just be a bit picky  :shrug: I tried 

Edited by hubris, 15 February 2015 - 12:59 AM.

signature under construction

#43 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:06 PM

Can only agree with Spirit Circle; awesome series, needs more publicity!

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#44 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:40 PM

Are the non-sticky'd threads in Series of the Month / Fotnight sections suppose to be locked unless they are chosen?

#45 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

Yep. To be honest I probably should have made a separate subforum just for nominations...

#46 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 03:58 PM

Yep. To be honest I probably should have made a separate subforum just for nominations...

hmm... i don't really see a need to limit discussions outside the selected threads from happening, but maybe that's just me.

the way I see it, the less-fancy and more accurate name for the two section is "Completed Manga/Anime Recommendations" and "On-going Manga Recommendations" and only the threads that get featured/sticky'd is what we call "Manga/Anime of Fortnight" and "Series of the Month". I was kinda going with the idea that the purpose of these sections are to provide a place for users to recommend particular manga/anime, and the "Fortnight" is there to simply promote/highlight a select number of them for more visibility. (as opposed to the original intent, where the goal was to nominate manga to be chosen for "Fortnight")

#47 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

I thought the Fortnight section exists for users to recommend already completed anime/mangas to other users while they also can discuss it?

Is there a reason they need to be "chosen"? Of course i get ot for series of the month since well, you can have only one, so one title needs to be picked but that´s not the case with Fortnight, no?

qhz8b56l.png

#48 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:52 PM

Is there a point for it to be chosen then?

Other than to give it the DEW seal of approval.

I get what you two are saying, though.

#49 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:02 AM

I get what you two are saying, though.

For the Fortnight recs? Not really, since it is supposed to come from the users but the Series of the Month is a monthly staff rec for an ongoing series, so it needs the approval of one or more staff members, including you obviously.

qhz8b56l.png

#50 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:13 AM

Hold on a sec..... You are telling me I wasn't earning any OMF golds from DEW seal of approval? :cry:

Edited by ruggia, 22 February 2015 - 12:13 AM.

#51 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 22 February 2015 - 12:22 AM

What you guys said makes sense. I'll unlock the threads that were locked.

@ruggia

Keep track and I'll give you the awards whenever I conjure up an image for it. >_>

• ruggia likes this

#52 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:07 PM

about the serie of the month (manga), shouldn't the announcement be updated? i'm still seeing spirit circle in the announcement

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#53 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:25 PM

about the serie of the month (manga), shouldn't the announcement be updated? i'm still seeing spirit circle in the announcement

It should. I've asked Greg to do it but he is kind of busy at the moment.

I have no power over pages, the sidebar, and such. :(

#54 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,583 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 05 July 2015 - 01:09 AM

Apparently polls can only have three questions. So you're going to have to put in the effort to make a post. Feel free to answer as many of the questions as you'd like in whatever form you prefer.

1. Do you find The Clubhouse useful? Did you even know it existed?

2. If you do use The Clubhouse, which feature do you find most interesting? Which do you want to get more focus?

3. Given a time and a day, would you be interested in watching an anime that I decide to stream? If so, should it be from this season or an already completed anime?

4. Does the anime picked by The Clubhouse influence which anime you are going to watch this season in any way?

5. Is there anything you would like to see in The Clubhouse in terms of features?

6. If you have been reading / participating in the weekly discussion threads, is there anything you want to see in terms of topic shift? More specific topics? Comparison threads (i.e. best fantasy world, best romance, etc.)?

7. Would you like to see The Clubhouse continue, or is it unnecessarily fragmenting the already existing anime subforum?

8. Additional concerns, comments, etc.

• FrostyMouse likes this

#55 Miss.J

Miss.J

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 02:40 AM

What is the clubhouse? 

• ddboy102 and acemiami like this

"sabo is not alive, this is some kind of trick" captian kidd

Spoiler

#56 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,202 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:22 AM

Apparently polls can only have three questions. So you're going to have to put in the effort to make a post. Feel free to answer as many of the questions as you'd like in whatever form you prefer.

2. If you do use The Clubhouse, which feature do you find most interesting? Which do you want to get more focus?

3. Given a time and a day, would you be interested in watching an anime that I decide to stream? If so, should it be from this season or an already completed anime?

4. Does the anime picked by The Clubhouse influence which anime you are going to watch this season in any way?

5. Is there anything you would like to see in The Clubhouse in terms of features?

6. If you have been reading / participating in the weekly discussion threads, is there anything you want to see in terms of topic shift? More specific topics? Comparison threads (i.e. best fantasy world, best romance, etc.)?

7. Would you like to see The Clubhouse continue, or is it unnecessarily fragmenting the already existing anime subforum?

1.) Yes and yes, i think a platform where people are trying do dissect a piece of medium to get a better understanding is always good thing

2.) Animanga of the fortnight and weekly discussions

3.) Sure, i am not really a fan of the current anime industry and what it produces from season to season, so i would choose older and completed titles

4.) Nope, either the anime i watch, which is a low number per season, are among the ones being discussed or not, can´t be helped

5.) Maybe something in terms of projects or awards where specific genres, character traits etc are targeted for discussion

6.) I liked the topic choices but what i think the discussions lack is a moderator who leads and litigates throughtout the discussion. It´s not criticism since i know it takes a lot of time and effort to read every post and thread, especially since one does not know whether it is fruitful or not but just a suggestion. I did not like that everyone´s answers and posts seemed unrelated to each other but for that to change, besides a dedicated mod you need members who are actually interested in exchanging opinions through a discussion and maybe even change it if they are convinced.

7.) See answer nr 1.). The posts in the anime forum are mostly superficial, which is not a bad thing, but an additional platform in which you can go deeper is a good and necessary thing in my eyes at least, don´t know about others though.

qhz8b56l.png

#57 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,174 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:35 AM

1) Yes.

2) Anime/manga of the fortnight/month. It's a bit difficult keeping up with them all, though.

3) Depends on the time and the anime. 

4) Yes. Most of the anime I am watching have been featured in the Clubhouse in some way.

5) Not sure. If anything, we could try "linking" the recommended manga/anime to other popular manga/anime just so people who like certain manga can get more like it.

6) Haven't been a participant, so I can't say.

7) I want it to continue. 

#58 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:54 AM

1. Yes.
2. Series of the Month, Weekly Discussions
3. Probably not.
4. No.
5. Series of the month being actually series of the month and not series until the mods decides to put up a new one :P
6. Maybe less questions that can just be answered 1 by 1 and more content to encourage discussion? Just one or two broad questions that people can disagree on and hate each other for.
7. Yes. It's a nice blend of manga/anime discussion and Otaku Chat. Though I think there needs to be a better solution for moving threads between these three than just locking it over in one subforum and reopening it here.

#59 Gnag

Gnag

(͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,023 posts
  • Locationis a word

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:26 AM

1. No. I have no idea what it is. I knew it existed but I never bothered to look in to it. 

2. dont use so N/A

3. Yes! Sounds fun. Completed or on going doesnt matter. I'd prefer complete I think. 

4. Well I never went to the clubhouse so. 

5. Nah. I dont know what it is but in terms of discussion and hang out places I have enough already on this site. 

6. N/A

7. I personally have had no need for it since I didnt seek it out. 

8. nai nai

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ Magic

#60 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,345 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:48 AM

Spoiler

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users