Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:37 PM

Just watched the first episode of Rokka, did not seem that interesting to me + the main character is already annoying. It was only the first episode though of course.

The main character has that kind of personality that some people would hate but hey, at least he has the skills to back it up :P I loved his determination and work ethic too

I'll post my thoughts on the first episode in this spoiler tag because it pretty much shows why I think it's one of the best so far

Spoiler

Still, the best male protagonist of the season so far was easily Charlotte's.....The kid is Lelouch and Kanie Seiya fused into one guy

Edited by Tokoya, 09 July 2015 - 06:39 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#82 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:04 PM

Thats the beauty of it, we need more comedies!

I think Akagami will cover the lighthearted need this season. While I like comedies, I think a club focused on discussion should probably focus on other genres. With the exception of certain black comedies / satire.

@Zeando brings up a decent point about shows like Overlord / Gate / God Eater already being pushed. I think regardless of Gangsta's popularity it should be chosen because it seems like it will be a bit more serious than the rest of the anime this season.

Having watched Charlotte and Rokka, I have to agree that Rokka's first episode is better. At the same time, if he says he is the strongest in the world one more time I will break something. I also understand concerns about it seeming generic. I wish God Eater would have an episode 1 out by now, but I understand it's being pushed back a week?

#83 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 July 2015 - 07:17 PM

In other news....What we have here is the best OP of the season

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#84 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 09:48 PM

I think Akagami will cover the lighthearted need this season. While I like comedies, I think a club focused on discussion should probably focus on other genres. With the exception of certain black comedies / satire.

@Zeando brings up a decent point about shows like Overlord / Gate / God Eater already being pushed. I think regardless of Gangsta's popularity it should be chosen because it seems like it will be a bit more serious than the rest of the anime this season.

Having watched Charlotte and Rokka, I have to agree that Rokka's first episode is better. At the same time, if he says he is the strongest in the world one more time I will break something. I also understand concerns about it seeming generic. I wish God Eater would have an episode 1 out by now, but I understand it's being pushed back a week?

That´s how i felt, i really hate characters like him and yeah, God Eater´s first episode will air on the 12th, it was originally supposed to air on the 5th.

qhz8b56l.png

#85 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

Rokka is NnT? :lol:

Spoiler Favorite battle shounen's male characters

#86 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • LocationVarsity. Man do I like that term.

Posted 10 July 2015 - 06:16 AM

Maybe we'll start with an ONA / OVA first, I'm not too sure.

Yes.

Is it better to just leave a link to their respective threads in the OP? That way The Clubhouse doesn't interfere with posting outside of it. The downside is it's less centralized and less specific to The Clubhouse, but is that something you guys desire?

Probably.

Although how much activity can you expect from a platform that expects a lot of time commitment?

I think the consensus is that it would be better to narrow the focus to topics that have more concrete examples? For example, the next topic could be on the direction of the anime industry or something (since I see a lot of you are currently disillusioned with it)? Easy to pick examples of bad and good anime there and there is a lot of ground for discussion based on whether it actually was better a few years ago or not.

As for not archiving them like @Otaku-N. mentioned, I'm torn. On one hand the bi-weekly discussions being bi-weekly is part of the point. On the other hand, it doesn't make sense to lock out potential discussion simply because time ran out. I think the best alternative is to have a sub-forum for the previous discussions and simply move old discussions there? So I wouldn't lock the discussions, but only one would be highlighted at a time?

1. Exactly.

2. You could have longer threads for the broader topics and weekly/biweekly threads for the more particular subjects.

3. It depends on how you feel about having what is essentially gonna become a graveyard board. I support it, at least

You mentioned Classroom Crisis for a sweet rom-com, but I think Akagami no Shirayuki-hime is pretty hard to pass up for that genre. The manga's art style is infinitely better, but it has good people behind it. Obviously it's an adaptation and I'd prefer to go for OC, but it doesn't seem to be too popular on OMF?

Nah, it was just a proposition based on my first impression of this season´s titles. For me, there were 3 must-watch animes, Gangsta and Gate because i read the respective manga and know that they are good and God Eater since it is produced by Ufotable. I don´t know anything beyond that to be honest, so Classroom Crisis looked sweet enough. I did not propose Gate though since unlike Gangsta the manga seems relatively popular and the manga thread has some activity. Charlotte seems to be rather generic, at least that´s what i get from the description, Akagami seems pretty interesting, overlooked that one.

So, 1) Gangsta, 2) Classroom/Akagami 3) Gate/God Eater?

Classroom Crisis is not looking to fall under romance from what I've seen?

So yeah, need to erase my illiteracy on that front.

I'm surprised no one's written a(n easily searchable) deeper guide on the studios. 

Eh, it'd have to be case by case, rather than limiting most of the comedy genre. Eg., some shows that highlight the difference between Japanese and "Western" humour/culture; would that not be also conducive to discussion? Actually this is an ill-formed thought ATM.

Anyway this season seems very dreary, so it'd be nice to find some sleepers. I'm tempted to nominate Sore ga Seiyuu purely because it seems to have some bearing on the VA industry but it could be as equally irrelevant to that as K-On is to the music industry. I'll probably update once I've skimmed through the first ep

Huh, the 4-koma itself is written by a seiyuu apparently.

Edited by Otaku-N., 10 July 2015 - 06:14 AM.

JaAjRjC.png?1

Spoiler muh outdated stuffs

#87 4everRouya

4everRouya

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • LocationLoguetown

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:19 AM

1. Do you find The Clubhouse useful? Did you even know it existed?
2. If you do use The Clubhouse, which feature do you find most interesting? Which do you want to get more focus?
3. Given a time and a day, would you be interested in watching an anime that I decide to stream? If so, should it be from this season or an already completed anime?
4. Does the anime picked by The Clubhouse influence which anime you are going to watch this season in any way?
5. Is there anything you would like to see in The Clubhouse in terms of features?
6. If you have been reading / participating in the weekly discussion threads, is there anything you want to see in terms of topic shift? More specific topics? Comparison threads (i.e. best fantasy world, best romance, etc.)?
7. Would you like to see The Clubhouse continue, or is it unnecessarily fragmenting the already existing anime subforum?
8. Additional concerns, comments, etc.

1. I don't know. I have no idea it even existed until just now.

2. Unknown

3. Anytime and day would do but there should be a schedule were people would look forward to. If possible all seasons and may or may not be completed.

4. No idea.

5. Can't figure out.

6. more polls...to edit polls

7. Can't compare.

8. None unless "the clubhouse" is clearly defined

You know on the path we've been traveling up until now... Saying a thing like that would just get you laughed at. Although... I slaughtered anyone and everyone who had the nerve to laugh at me...!! But from here on out... we're gonna be sailing the sea where anyone without the nerve to say something like that is as good as dead...!! Let's meet again, in the New World!!

-Eustass "Captain" Kid  :meh: 

#88 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:52 AM

Apparently polls can only have three questions. So you're going to have to put in the effort to make a post. Feel free to answer as many of the questions as you'd like in whatever form you prefer.

1. Do you find The Clubhouse useful? Did you even know it existed?

2. If you do use The Clubhouse, which feature do you find most interesting? Which do you want to get more focus?

3. Given a time and a day, would you be interested in watching an anime that I decide to stream? If so, should it be from this season or an already completed anime?

4. Does the anime picked by The Clubhouse influence which anime you are going to watch this season in any way?

5. Is there anything you would like to see in The Clubhouse in terms of features?

6. If you have been reading / participating in the weekly discussion threads, is there anything you want to see in terms of topic shift? More specific topics? Comparison threads (i.e. best fantasy world, best romance, etc.)?

7. Would you like to see The Clubhouse continue, or is it unnecessarily fragmenting the already existing anime subforum?

8. Additional concerns, comments, etc.

1. Not really. I mean, besides making new threads for old series that lost theirs when the website changed.

2. It had features? Does it alert me if a new episode airs or something?

3. I'm sorry, streaming with my connection speed is just not gonna work. Even then, I like paying attention when I watch.

4. No.

5. No clue. Maybe a spoiler corner and a spoiler-free corner? Dunno.

6. I'm kind of an audiophile, so I'd like a thread that's just about anime ost.

7. Sorry, I don't really see the point of it.

8. None that I can think of.

samisig.jpg

#89 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:21 PM

@Otaku-N.

Comedy does have to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. It's just easier to give satire as an example, because it's not necessarily culture specific. As for highlighting differences between the cultures... I'm all for it, but I have no idea about Japanese culture. So someone else would have to provide discussion on that front.

What I've heard about the Seiyuu anime is that it's pretty informative, but it's bland. It's no Shirobako to say the least. Granted, Shirobako is a very good anime. That might slot in for the third slot purely for informational value, but would people actually watch it the whole way through?

Also, I will throw up another announcement to ask people to post what times they are available in a bit.

#90 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 07:53 AM

Gangsta's 1st episode is really good. So Samurai Champloo-ish, the atmosphere I mean. Well, I did say my knowledge on studios is very lacking so I don't know what Manglobe specializes in but this just reminds me of Samurai Champloo a lot and both from Manglobe so can I take that as Manglobe's style?

Anw, as always, hard to come by perfection and Fulmine's nitpicking so yeah, I don't like Worick's design one bit, especially when Nicolas is so cool. Other than that, the concept is nothing new but well, only Episode 1 and good execution can make most things right.

So is it sure that Gangsta will be one of the 3 anime of this season for the Clubhouse? I'd love that.

#91 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:01 AM

would people actually watch it the whole way through?

Yeah probably not. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

#92 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 05:14 AM

Okay, I am very undecisive now and need experts' opinions. According to http://fansubdb.com/wiki/Summer_2015 , Overlord, Gangsta. and Akagami, each has its own sub group (Overlord also has another group called Deadfish that isn't listed on the site I linked) and then HorribleSubs and Funimation do all 3...so which version should I go for? I'm very pleased with vivid's trans of Kekkai Sensen but sadly they don't do any of those 3 this season while HorribleSubs's Kekkai Sensen is barely okay, lives up to the name horrible...I don't really recall how well/badly Funimation's trans are.

Edited by Fulmine, 13 July 2015 - 05:20 AM.

#93 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:21 AM

@Fulmine

1. "Deadfish is a re-encode."

It's a script, IIRC that takes files already uploaded and converts them into mp4s for people who need mp4s. I think it's also a downsize thing. It's not an actual group.

2. If you want to avoid all funimation:

Underwater for Gangsta shouldn't be too bad. They're quicker out of the gates for that particular show than Horriblesubs is anyway.

Overlord has a lot of lesser known/new groups. You could try [ayy] I suppose, then judge from there. Apart from Horriblesubs though, I have a feeling not many of the selection will have a consistent release schedule, if you're worried about that.

The last one I'm not so sure of. Haven't seen releases from any of the groups, and most of them look like Horrible edits anyhow.

• DaEvilWithin and Fulmine like this

JaAjRjC.png?1

#94 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,289 posts

Posted 13 July 2015 - 07:28 AM

The mention doesn't work...

I'm watching 4 this season, I guess. Gangsta., Overlord, Rokka no Yuusha and Akagami

#95 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:45 AM

Just a heads up, all episodes of Tabi Machi have aired. I overhyped it, but it's still an okay watch to pass the time.  

I recall someone suggesting a live stream in the other thread?

The total runtime is only half an hour for the entire thing, so it should be relatively easy to find a narrow slot for whoever's up for it. 

JaAjRjC.png?1

#96 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:38 AM

@DaEvilWithin, still down to watch it? Maybe we can do it next week to give others time to prepare?

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#97 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,600 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 January 2016 - 11:53 AM

I'm swamped until third week of February. Even then that week will be used to catch up on things. @_@

Let me know if you need me to make an announcement or something, but I'm pretty much on hiatus.

#98 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,741 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2016 - 01:52 PM

I'm swamped until third week of February. Even then that week will be used to catch up on things. @_@

Let me know if you need me to make an announcement or something, but I'm pretty much on hiatus.

Bummer, but that's life for you

It depends on Otaku so I guess we'll let you know what's up

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#99 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 30 January 2016 - 07:16 PM

Bummer, but that's life for you

It depends on Otaku so I guess we'll let you know what's up

Eh, I didn't want to make too big of a thing about it with an announcement and all.

JaAjRjC.png?1

#100 Otaku-N.

Otaku-N.

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 31 January 2016 - 08:25 PM

Actually on watch of the last episode this is probably something to watch alone and then perhaps reflect on.

JaAjRjC.png?1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users