Photo

[Manga] Hoshi no Samidare (Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer)

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:22 PM

I was actually attached and felt like nearly enough has been satisfyingly done on all the cast, except Yuuhi, yeah, but he's already great as he is IMO. Maybe I didn't have too much expectation. Though it's true that I give it 8/10 so surely there are something I don't like but I can't remember what they are now  :xD:  (except so-so art and average action).

Don´t get me wrong, the story is well-crafted but they concentrated on too many characters for the short length if you ask me. Iirc, every knight got a 2-chapter flashback and that´s it. The death of the characters (who died obviously) had no real impact on me and i never truly rooted for anybody else than Yuuhi. I think it is handled better in Sengoku Youko but even there, the development was too fast in the first part, have not read the second part yet though and i am not that motivated to do so considering the change of focus.

qhz8b56l.png

#22 Athos

Athos

Wandering Escapist

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:57 PM

It's difficult for me to promote Sengoku Youko, because I only really started to like it after I realized the reason as to why part 1 felt so rushed, and it is not something I can just tell to people if I don't want to ruin the experience for them.

Hm... if I were to point out a flaw in Hoshi no Samidare... I think they overdramatized the final stretch of the series. Everyone's crying so much about everything, it lost all weight to it. They also overcomplicated Samidare's reason to destroy the world. I like simple motivations better, and I didn't really need a flashback to understand what Samidare's deal was.

Other than that, I didn't have any problems with the pace or the characters, really.

samisig.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users