• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2015 - 08:41 PM

Previous Thread

Last few posts;

LOL.

It's true! He just now decided, "You know what? You two have suffered way too long, I think it's about time to finally put you both out of your misery."

It only took forever. Now he's finally sending those poor sods up to the Royal Realm where they'll get the pleasure of getting gutted by Bach.

In the end? The true hero here? Bach. For putting them out of their misery. Unless he doesn't. In which case, he's also an asshole.

Bach will reveal that Orihime and Sado are war powers, then proceed to beat them within an inch of their lives. Chud will Chud as usual, while Orihime weakly cries out, "K-Kurosaki-kun..." This will send Ichigo into DESPAIR and RAEG which will play right into Urahara's hand.

If you're going to be a Karma Houdini, might as well do it unrestrained.

I know I am kinda very late, but many thanks to everyone who helped with answer to my question

@PlasmaWolf in particular of course

Urahara never ceases to amaze me. 

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#2 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 10:25 PM

I need to know his back story. 

• Petite Fleur, eemo23, KittyGoesMeowMeow and 1 other like this

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#3 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:31 PM

I only care about his and Yoruichi's backstory at this point....

• BankaiFTW likes this

#4 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,490 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:11 PM

We've seen enough about him already... His founding of the Department of Research and Development, discovery of Aizen's vendetta, creation of the Hogyoku, stabalization of the Vizards, meeting with Isshin, abd his exile from Soul Society. Seems like everything important has been laid out before us, and anything else could easily be referenced in another Data Book.

#5 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

We don't know why he was raised with the Shihouin family, why he's so intimately connected to the Royal Guard or why he was engaging in Hougyoku research in the first place. These all appear to be connected, so I'm expecting them to be referenced to at least some degree.
  • Petite Fleur, BankaiFTW and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

#6 Seri55

Seri55

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationSitting on Byakuya's Desk

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:51 PM

I want to see what's the connection between all those things and Kukaku Shiba..not everyone is tired of seeing Urahara..

• Petite Fleur, eemo23 and KittyGoesMeowMeow like this

#7 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 08:39 PM

We've seen enough about him already... His founding of the Department of Research and Development, discovery of Aizen's vendetta, creation of the Hogyoku, stabalization of the Vizards, meeting with Isshin, abd his exile from Soul Society. Seems like everything important has been laid out before us, and anything else could easily be referenced in another Data Book.

This is why I'm frustrated, we know all of this yet still it seems as if we don't know anything about him.

• RedArcher likes this

"Nobody kills kakarot while I'm around, destiny has reserved that pleasure for me" - Vegeta

#8 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 28 January 2015 - 09:43 PM

Except Kubo even said that Yoru/Ura backstory was incoming before this arc started.

#9 Jesterzzn

Jesterzzn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts

Posted 28 January 2015 - 11:19 PM

We don't know why he was raised with the Shihouin family, why he's so intimately connected to the Royal Guard or why he was engaging in Hougyoku research in the first place. These all appear to be connected, so I'm expecting them to be referenced to at least some degree.

Like all good plot devices, Urahara doesn't really need explanation. The how he got here is less important (as in not at all) than the why he is here.  Urahara is Gandalf.  He shows up to advance the plot and/or rescue the main character, and then *poof* he gone to go do all kinds of serious wizard work off scene.

Of course kids these days probably don't get that, given that the modern Hobbit movies almost go out of their way to destroy Gandalf's mystique.  But you get it Mila...I know you get it.

Edited by Jesterzzn, 28 January 2015 - 11:21 PM.

#10 Milareppa

Milareppa

Live Long and Prosper

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 January 2015 - 02:17 PM

Like all good plot devices, Urahara doesn't really need explanation. The how he got here is less important (as in not at all) than the why he is here.  Urahara is Gandalf.  He shows up to advance the plot and/or rescue the main character, and then *poof* he gone to go do all kinds of serious wizard work off scene.

Of course kids these days probably don't get that, given that the modern Hobbit movies almost go out of their way to destroy Gandalf's mystique.  But you get it Mila...I know you get it.

I haven't seen the Hobbit films yet, but that sounds discouraging. However, yes, there's a reason why I said 'referenced to at least some degree' rather than 'revealed'. :)

#11 BankaiFTW

BankaiFTW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:42 PM

So, I've been wondering this since chapter 612 and someone over on BA has the same thing to say about him. But does Kisuke seem a little edgy/nervous?
I don't know if it has to do with the fact that he sent his best friend Yoruichi up there or he knows what will happen to the soul king. But this chapter and the previous one, he seems a bit... off.

#12 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:44 PM

So, I've been wondering this since chapter 612 and someone over on BA has the same thing to say about him. But does Kisuke seem a little edgy/nervous?
I don't know if it has to do with the fact that he sent his best friend Yoruichi up there or he knows what will happen to the soul king. But this chapter and the previous one, he seems a bit... off.

Because he knew he sent off two innocent humans to die. He's probably hoping that Ichigo doesn't connect the dots and blame him for their deaths.

#13 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:58 PM

Because he knew he sent off two innocent humans to die.

Nah, Ichigo and Uryuu will be fine.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#14 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:02 PM

Nah, Ichigo and Uryuu will be fine.

Nope. Ichigo and Uryu don't fit the Bleach dictionary definition of "human."

#15 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:14 PM

Nope. Ichigo and Uryu don't fit the Bleach dictionary definition of "human."

But I can't imagine Urahara caring that much about "innocent humans" if they are a means to an end, such as Sado and Orihime.

We are at an impasse! I think.

6OINMKs.png

#16 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

But I can't imagine Urahara caring that much about "innocent humans" if they are a means to an end, such as Sado and Orihime.

We are at an impasse! I think.

Ichigo might care and if he becomes unruly, he's less useful to Urahara as a tool.

#17 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:34 PM

Ichigo might care and if he becomes unruly, he's less useful to Urahara as a tool.

We all know where Ichigo's concerns lie, first and foremost:

http://www.mangainn....ter-499/page_18

http://www.mangainn....ter-503/page_10

http://www.mangainn....ter-512/page_20

Edited by PlasmaWolf, 30 January 2015 - 06:34 PM.

6OINMKs.png

#18 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:59 PM

He might get kinda pissed off if they died in front of him, though. Since he wouldn't be able to protect them.

And we all know how uppity he gets over that shit.

#19 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:10 PM

He might get kinda pissed off if they died in front of him, though. Since he wouldn't be able to protect them.

And we all know how uppity he gets over that shit.

As far as Ichigo could have known at the time, something bad was happening back in Hueco Mundo while he was stuck in the Garganta, and instead he hightailed it to Soul Society to save his real nakama. Ichigo wasn't informed of their status until after Bach retreated, so it seems he is willing to prioritize the Gotei 13/Soul Society over the personal safety of Sado and Orihime if the situation calls for it.

6OINMKs.png

#20 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:13 PM

As far as Ichigo could have known at the time, something bad was happening back in Hueco Mundo while he was stuck in the Garganta, and instead he hightailed it to Soul Society to save his real nakama. Ichigo wasn't informed of their status until after Bach retreated, so it seems he is willing to prioritize the Gotei 13/Soul Society over the personal safety of Sado and Orihime if the situation calls for it.

A big strong shinigami (Urahara) was there to protect his nakama.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users