#21 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,565 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:15 PM

As far as Ichigo could have known at the time, something bad was happening back in Hueco Mundo while he was stuck in the Garganta, and instead he hightailed it to Soul Society to save his real nakama. Ichigo wasn't informed of their status until after Bach retreated, so it seems he is willing to prioritize the Gotei 13/Soul Society over the personal safety of Sado and Orihime if the situation calls for it.

He knew something happened in Hueco Mundo but he did not know the severity of the situation. He knew that Soul Society was getting destroyed.

It's not a difficult decision to make. Especially if he has any trust in his Nakama & Urahara.

• Locormus likes this

#22 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:26 PM

As far as Ichigo could have known at the time, something bad was happening back in Hueco Mundo while he was stuck in the Garganta, and instead he hightailed it to Soul Society to save his real nakama. Ichigo wasn't informed of their status until after Bach retreated, so it seems he is willing to prioritize the Gotei 13/Soul Society over the personal safety of Sado and Orihime if the situation calls for it.

Ichigo trusts Sado/hime more than he does SS. Its weird to think about, since he knows they are weaker than the captains. But in that situation it was one quincy against his two friends. He had faith they would figure it out, they always have with him, the first SS arc just points to them being survivors, and the rest of the series backs it up.

He knows who the real opponent is, he knows what the real threat is, hes not the total imbecile he was in the early part of the series, he has some awareness of whats happening. He knew if bach had his way in SS it didnt matter what happened in HM, so to him, being a "greater good" kind of MC the choice was obvious. He's not one for thinking, hes one for reacting.

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#23 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts
  • Location瀞霊廷で、哀れな死神を助けています。

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:30 PM

A big strong shinigami (Urahara) was there to protect his nakama.

Who was unresponsive the last Ichigo had heard from him. Ichigo's trust in the Way of Shinigami must be strong.

He knew something happened in Hueco Mundo but he did not know the severity of the situation. He knew that Soul Society was getting destroyed.

It's not a difficult decision to make. Especially if he has any trust in his Nakama & Urahara.

History shows that while Ichigo does have almost blind faith in Urahara, he doesn't consider the same for the human nakama. Remember, this is the guy who told Sado to pound sand early on in the Arrancar arc, and after being chastised by Rukia (Shinigami!) for being too reckless, he ended up doing the same thing prior to the Hueco Mundo invasion. From that point, onward? Sado was (again!) the first of an Ichigo-led invasion team to lose, and the next time he reunited with Ichigo, it was to hold off fodder. Ichigo returns, and Sado is face-down in unconscious defeat. Ichigo then spent the next eighteen months without his power, and during the process of regaining it, his nakama were (once more!) defeated by the new enemy of the arc, this time being used against their true will to fight him (before being knocked out).

It's definitely not an easy decision to make, but it's clear enough to me that he doesn't have as much faith in them as it's suggested.

6OINMKs.png

"Akogare wa rikai kara mottomo tooi kanjou da yo." — Aizen Sousuke

[Credit to the original Sage!]

#24 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,565 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:33 PM

History shows that while Ichigo does have almost blind faith in Urahara, he doesn't consider the same for the human nakama. Remember, this is the guy who told Sado to pound sand early on in the Arrancar arc, and after being chastised by Rukia (Shinigami!) for being too reckless, he ended up doing the same thing prior to the Hueco Mundo invasion. From that point, onward? Sado was (again!) the first of an Ichigo-led invasion team to lose, and the next time he reunited with Ichigo, it was to hold off fodder. Ichigo returns, and Sado is face-down in unconscious defeat. Ichigo then spent the next eighteen months without his power, and during the process of regaining it, his nakama were (once more!) defeated by the new enemy of the arc, this time being used against their true will to fight him (before being knocked out).

It's definitely not an easy decision to make, but it's clear enough to me that he doesn't have as much faith in them as it's suggested.

That's history though. Ichigo is pretty different from the beginning of the manga. Especially post-Ginjou when he seemed to have become that early Resolve!Ichigo who believed Sado would never fall.

#25 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

That's history though. Ichigo is pretty different from the beginning of the manga. Especially post-Ginjou when he seemed to have become that early Resolve!Ichigo who believed Sado would never fall.

I would have liked to see Ichigo's reaction to this. Too bad Kubo didn't bother to show it.

Yes, yes... I know. "Ichigo knew Urahara and Isshin were there, and trusted in them to handle the situation." Still, it doesn't help to deflate the criticism that Kubo hasn't focused a lot on nakama interaction once the Shinigami became front and center (as they did, there).

6OINMKs.png

#26 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,565 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 30 January 2015 - 07:44 PM

I would have liked to see Ichigo's reaction to this. Too bad Kubo didn't bother to show it.

Yes, yes... I know. "Ichigo knew Urahara and Isshin were there, and trusted in them to handle the situation." Still, it doesn't help to deflate the criticism that Kubo hasn't focused a lot on nakama interaction once the Shinigami became front and center (as they did, there).

He has definitely left a lot of interaction off-screen. I was just saying that Ichigo didn't choose SS over his Nakama. I doubt he ever will.

#27 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 08:00 PM

He has definitely left a lot of interaction off-screen. I was just saying that Ichigo didn't choose SS over his Nakama. I doubt he ever will.

I wouldn't mind if he did, because that's how the character's been described for a while now.

Ichigo will attempt to save the whole world if he has to, even if he doesn't want to save "everyone." I know it's shounen, but Ichigo saying something like, "Yeah... sorry, guys, but saving those other people in that different dimension is more important than worrying about you" would go a long way of making him more Urahara-like instead of laughably paying lip service to the pro-nakama crowd.

6OINMKs.png

#28 PlasmaWolf

PlasmaWolf

超人 / 全能者 / 神様

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,173 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

The fullbringers are already dead. Soul Society collapsed.

Just as Urahara planned.

Urahara had to get rid of the evidence: Ginjou.

6OINMKs.png

#29 The Exile

The Exile

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:41 PM

Urahara & Kenpachi 1 of the few good things in recent chapters. Its not to like him when he trolls people on such a regular basis.

#30 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:42 PM

Urahara had to get rid of the evidence: Ginjou.

I would not be surprised in the least if Ginjou was some sort of proto-Ichigo. Urahara has been grooming Ichigo to be something and I suspect Ginjou was the first attempt at this.

#31 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,491 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:18 PM

Kyouraku may have the rank, but it looks like Kisuke is effectively the Captain Commander at the moment. Not only has he pretty much assumed leadership of ALL groups opposing the Quincy, but he also wrote the battle plans and has largely coordinated all of their efforts for a while now.

#32 RandomRider

RandomRider

"MMABatGawd69"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,761 posts
  • LocationThe Bay

Posted 08 February 2015 - 02:07 AM

Kyouraku may have the rank, but it looks like Kisuke is effectively the Captain Commander at the moment. Not only has he pretty much assumed leadership of ALL groups opposing the Quincy, but he also wrote the battle plans and has largely coordinated all of their efforts for a while now.

I find it kind of suspicious, myself. He's still technically an "outsider" and a number of captains can still pull seniority on him, but they don't. Which means they seriously have no clue as to what they should be doing or it might go back to this:

http://www.mangainn....pter-605/page_6

Since Shunsui seems to be handing responsibilities off to others, at the moment.

#33 CuChulainn

CuChulainn

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts
  • LocationGwlad Pwyl

Posted 08 February 2015 - 03:52 AM

Well, Kyouraku is busy talking with the C46. He can't command if he isn't there. He has probably given orders to Nanao in order to ensure they are done.

#34 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

I find it kind of suspicious, myself. He's still technically an "outsider" and a number of captains can still pull seniority on him, but they don't. Which means they seriously have no clue as to what they should be doing or it might go back to this:

http://www.mangainn....pter-605/page_6

Since Shunsui seems to be handing responsibilities off to others, at the moment.

Urahara has the plan and Shunsui is putting his faith in him, is all. It's not so much that they're avoiding rank because they have these mega cool plans, but that he's the plan dude and they need him right now.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#35 AndrewR5D4

AndrewR5D4

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,491 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

Watching him freak out is a rare sight... 

Edited by AndrewR5D4, 12 February 2015 - 05:22 PM.

• BankaiFTW likes this

#36 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:11 PM

TOLD YOU THAT URAHARA WASN"T GOING TO SUCCEED THIS ARC!

#37 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 06:22 PM

TOLD YOU THAT URAHARA WASN"T GOING TO SUCCEED THIS ARC!

It's too late to count him out yet. I said it a few weeks ago, but I think this isn't going to be about winning - just not losing.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#38 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:31 PM

It's too late to count him out yet. I said it a few weeks ago, but I think this isn't going to be about winning - just not losing.

There's a chance that he could get his shit together, but right now? He's completely out of his league right now. And even once he gets it together...Ywach probably saw this coming and is ready to go HAM on Kisuke.

#39 ddboy102

ddboy102

Less Beautiful than DEW

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,061 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:36 PM

There's a chance that he could get his shit together, but right now? He's completely out of his league right now. And even once he gets it together...Ywach probably saw this coming and is ready to go HAM on Kisuke.

In Decide it appeared that Urahara failed but turned up with a plan to save everyone.

Just saying, Urahara's back up plans have back up plans.

0081b378-b1a2-46de-9e53-7ccf3a09a14a_zps

#40 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,757 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:40 PM

You're right that he's always got a backup plan regardless....but that expression had the look of someone who was taken off guard.

I'm sure he'll probably pull something out of his ass though. Though....I seriously hope Kubo lets Ukitake shine, even if it means possible death. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users