#21 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:22 AM

I'd probably have it more formal as [Discussion] Cooking, Chefs and Ingredients or something like that, but just go ahead and do what you like ^^

• Sanji likes this

#22 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:24 AM

I'd probably have it more formal as [Discussion] Cooking, Chefs and Ingredients or something like that, but just go ahead and do what you like ^^

Just the title change while keeping that opening post the same ?

Edited by Sanji, 02 February 2015 - 11:25 AM.

• Oben likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#23 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:09 AM

Next week I'm going to start uploading on the youtube channel. So I'll have reviews up for Bleach 615 and One Piece 777, but I'm tossing up whether or not to do reviews for Fairy Tail. I'm not much of a fan of the series and I'd have a fair bit of catching up to do. I would much (MUCH) rather have Toriko as the 3rd series. 

Of course, if I decide on Toriko, then I might create a [YouTube] Chapter Review and Discussion thread for discussing the videos. So what does everyone think about Toriko as the 3rd series I initially review? and what does everyone think about a youtube thread?

• Sanji likes this

signature under construction

#24 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:19 AM

Next week I'm going to start uploading on the youtube channel. So I'll have reviews up for Bleach 615 and One Piece 777, but I'm tossing up whether or not to do reviews for Fairy Tail. I'm not much of a fan of the series and I'd have a fair bit of catching up to do. I would much (MUCH) rather have Toriko as the 3rd series. 

Of course, if I decide on Toriko, then I might create a [YouTube] Chapter Review and Discussion thread for discussing the videos. So what does everyone think about Toriko as the 3rd series I initially review? and what does everyone think about a youtube thread?

I'd personally rather watch a Toriko review as well and i think that opening such a thread is a must given the objective of your channel. You might want to ask a similar question in the Fairy Tail section ? See how much interest would exist on the matter and then decide how much of a trade-off would be done in both cases between your personal enjoyment and how much of a following your videos would have here on the forum ?

• hubris likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

#25 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Good idea. I'll do my first 2 reviews next week, use those reviews to measure interest in ft and in toriko, then based on that interest choose a 3rd series to review in the week after next. 

• Sanji likes this

signature under construction

#26 Oben

Oben

Dirt Cheap

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,602 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:03 AM

As long as your reviews are more than "OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST SAW THAT EVERYONE ELSE ALSO SAW BUT I SCREAM LOUDEST SO I MUST BE HEARD ABOUT WHAT WE ALL SAW OMG", I'm cool with the idea :xD:

Edited by Oben, 03 February 2015 - 10:03 AM.

#27 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

As long as your reviews are more than "OMG LOOK WHAT I JUST SAW THAT EVERYONE ELSE ALSO SAW BUT I SCREAM LOUDEST SO I MUST BE HEARD ABOUT WHAT WE ALL SAW OMG", I'm cool with the idea :xD:

That would be their goal

In Depth Discussion

That brings me to this (seamless segue). We don’t want to drag the YouTube comments section back here. We want to attract the right type of people to the forum, and we won’t do that by making gimmicky videos with an emphasis on humor (although uploading entertaining content is a must). If we want the right audience, and the right people coming back here, we need to create videos with insightful discussion. A channel which emphasizes such discussion may not get the view counts of one which focuses on humor, but that’s a fair trade off for the right audience.

Anyone interested can check out Hubris YouTube Channel thread for more details

http://onemangaforum...outube-channel/

Edited by Sanji, 03 February 2015 - 10:16 AM.

• hubris likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

#28 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 08:59 AM

Can we start a thread for new readers. Im just starting and made it to chapter 95 but have no way to get some insight on whats happening at this point of the story! Just a thought. Toriko is amazing! 

#29 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 23 October 2015 - 09:23 AM

Can we start a thread for new readers. Im just starting and made it to chapter 95 but have no way to get some insight on whats happening at this point of the story! Just a thought. Toriko is amazing!

It's something I've been contemplating for manga in general, but there is no sane implementation of such a thread. :/
  • Fulmine and Tale like this

#30 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 23 October 2015 - 12:40 PM

@DaEvilWithin

I reckon the best shot would be a  Questions and Answers Thread in which all posts are in spoiler tags, assuming all @WinterWarrior wants is some insight on what he has read and not a prolonged discussion.

Edited by Tale, 23 October 2015 - 12:41 PM.

#31 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 23 October 2015 - 01:11 PM

@DaEvilWithin
I reckon the best shot would be a Questions and Answers Thread in which all posts are in spoiler tags, assuming all @WinterWarrior wants is some insight on what he has read and not a prolonged discussion.

That was what I was thinking as well. Toriko is basically the only semi-pro series with frequent discussion so if any manga deserves it, it's Toriko. I'm surprised one of the members haven't already gone ahead with creating one.

#32 WinterWarrior

WinterWarrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

That was what I was thinking as well. Toriko is basically the only semi-pro series with frequent discussion so if any manga deserves it, it's Toriko. I'm surprised one of the members haven't already gone ahead with creating one.

@DaEvilWithin

I reckon the best shot would be a  Questions and Answers Thread in which all posts are in spoiler tags, assuming all @WinterWarrior wants is some insight on what he has read and not a prolonged discussion.

Exactly what I would need! I tried scrolling through general and had to stop from spoilers. Ive been wondering why both the good and evil are both call bishouyakas!!! Its so confusing lmao. Thank you for replying guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users