Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 28 January 2015 - 02:55 PM

OMF Art Club

Post your art here at the OMF Art Club, and ask the art questions you need answered.

Feel free to post any art that you created, be it anime/manga, realistic or anything else.

The only rule: Keep it PG-13

If you would like to discuss a  topic related to the Club but not related to art, then hop on over to the OMF Art Club Discussion forum!

Edited by Tom Ace, 31 August 2015 - 06:30 PM.

• DarkNemesis, Gnag, TheFireSage and 2 others like this

#2 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:43 AM

Here is my attempt. I make a lot of mistake, it is really hard to draw something detail. Should have stick to just pencil.

Spoiler

• Tom Ace, hubris, Tiago and 1 other like this

#3 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:36 AM

Nice topic, however, you need to let everyone pick the images they want to.

What I could do is: Selecting an image of my interest, you rate it (beginner-advanced), and I draw it.

Sounds a little bit cheesy having to draw the picture you'd like

Edited by Tiago, 29 January 2015 - 10:37 AM.

i2BzEHL.png

#4 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

The OMF Art Club Discussion thread here.

@Tiago - I copied your suggestion over to that thread.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#5 Tiago

Tiago

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:42 AM

wut..

i2BzEHL.png

#6 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:24 PM

Nice topic, however, you need to let everyone pick the images they want to.

What I could do is: Selecting an image of my interest, you rate it (beginner-advanced), and I draw it.

Sounds a little bit cheesy having to draw the picture you'd like

I understand what you mean, not having an interest in the image posted can be a bummer and make you not wanna draw.

When i thought up this club i had some parts of art class in mind, were a room of people sit around a single object or person and draw it.

Even though it will be a bit of work..... I'll let anyone post any drawing they made in the club (i however do not want spam, try to keep it to a few drawings a week) and i and others can give assistance if they want it.

I'll add this in the first post! 

#7 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:39 PM

wut..

Of course, I'm not trying to step on @Tom Ace toes. If this thread is about posting art and discussions on that art, then it would make sense not to clutter the thread is conversation not related to that. Hence, I created the Discussion thread, so we can keep the two types of discussion separate. However, if Tom Ace feels it's unnecessary, I'll delete it the Discussion thread.

• Tom Ace likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#8 malpo

malpo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:54 PM

I like it, but how do I do it?

Do I just look to the image and copy it to paper? I am good at doing that I think.

#9 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 12:58 PM

Here is my attempt. I make a lot of mistake, it is really hard to draw something detail. Should have stick to just pencil.

I'm impressed.

But we are here to improve and i want you to get better, so here is my critique.

The hair has a bit to much volume by her temples, it should be a bit closer to her head. Regarding the legs you did make them a bit to thin and long, i think i know the reason for this (because i have done it and still do) you probably started the dress before the legs and got the dress a bit to far down, even though the dress looked okay, having it in the incorrect place offset the legs, you knew the legs needed to end at the bottom of the page so you stretched them out to fit that role.

Her cheek is a bit too pointy, not much though 

There are also a few lines you could have added to make the drawing a bit more complex, like adding a line by her stomach as well as a few lines on the right side of her dress to show the folds as she is holding one side.

Overall i think you did well, especially if you used a pin. One question i do have is how long did this take you? One thing an artist needs not worry about is finishing something fast, i have been drawing all of the images i posted and the beginner took me around 45 min, the intermediate took close to 2 hours and the advanced is not finished and i'm at like 1 and a half hours on it already. 

It feels like i draw very slow, i normally multitask while drawing so i never really know how long it takes, but remember its the finished product that's important not how fast you an draw it, well unless you are a concept artist and you are under a deadline.....

I like it, but how do I do it?

Do I just look to the image and copy it to paper? I am good at doing that I think.

That's all! (paper PC anything, just no tracing) you can even do you own if none of the images are to you liking.

Of course, I'm not trying to step on @Tom Ace toes. If this thread is about posting art and discussions on that art, then it would make sense not to clutter the thread is conversation not related to that. Hence, I created the Discussion thread, so we can keep the two types of discussion separate. However, if Tom Ace feels it's unnecessary, I'll delete it the Discussion thread.

I'm totally fine with it, we can post ideas and maybe what to pick next for the set three images, in the discussion forum.

UPDATE: I know it can be a pain drawing from reference digitally if you only have one monitor (like me). To help myself with this problem i found PureRef, its a good reference program and its free. here is a pic of me using it.

Spoiler

Edited by Tom Ace, 29 January 2015 - 01:54 PM.

• YoWid likes this

#10 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:24 PM

Sadly I do not have a tablet to draw it digitally, it took me approximately 45 to 1hr I think.But yeah I kinda screw it up. The pencil line got quite messy.But what you said is quite true.

#11 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

Sadly I do not have a tablet to draw it digitally, it took me approximately 45 to 1hr I think.But yeah I kinda screw it up. The pencil line got quite messy.But what you said is quite true.

That's good for how fast you did it, i myself am at about three hours on it.

#12 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:49 PM

The chin wasnt pointy at first, I didnt handle the fineliner well and it went off course. The hair have lots of volume to compensate what I screw up. Overall, I shall try harder next time :)
  • Tom Ace likes this

#13 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 08:23 PM

My turn!

Beginner

Spoiler

Intermediate

Spoiler

Advanced

Spoiler

I am ready to draw a new image if someone wants to post one.  :D

Edited by Tom Ace, 29 January 2015 - 08:23 PM.

• hubris and YoWid like this

#14 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:44 AM

Probs shouldn't of tried coloring it

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Tom Ace, loop and YoWid like this

signature under construction

#15 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:02 AM

Probs shouldn't of tried coloring it

I LOL when i saw the stash, props. I like the colors too.

• hubris and Maiaku like this

#16 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:41 AM

:P yeah couldn't help myself :{ thanks! personally prefer the colours i the top one, i think sometimes I don't know when to put the pens down, 

and, of course, yours are goddamn amazing. I'll admit, I simply couldn't believe how good they are, so I overlayed them with the originals and cried silently to myself for an hour because I could never hope to produce something that quality. Seriously awesome stuff. like, seriously. awesome dude.

• Tom Ace likes this

signature under construction

#17 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 03:49 AM

:P yeah couldn't help myself :{ thanks! personally prefer the colours i the top one, i think sometimes I don't know when to put the pens down, 

and, of course, yours are goddamn amazing. I'll admit, I simply couldn't believe how good they are, so I overlayed them with the originals and cried silently to myself for an hour because I could never hope to produce something that quality. Seriously awesome stuff. like, seriously. awesome dude.

Thank you very much!!! :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  :aww:  

You will if you try, trust me!

Edited by Tom Ace, 30 January 2015 - 03:49 AM.

• hubris likes this

#18 baka

baka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 06:21 AM

Next attempt with some modification.

Spoiler

• Tom Ace, hubris and YoWid like this

#19 Jinx

Jinx

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts
  • LocationWho Knows?

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:39 PM

Still a work in progress but i have a feeling i'll mess it up if i go any further so before i commit,here's what it currently looks like(sorry for the slightly tilted picture,lighting was bad so i had to improvise):

Spoiler

• Tom Ace likes this

One bad day away from insanity

#20 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:42 PM

Still a work in progress but i have a feeling i'll mess it up if i go any further so before i commit,here's what it currently looks like(sorry for the slightly tilted picture,lighting was bad so i had to improvise):

Looking good so far. There is no need to rush.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users