#41 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 03 September 2015 - 09:35 PM

I'm not struggling, just don't feel like doing it.  Haha.

Oh how i know that feeling.........  :(

#42 Velvetbrush

Velvetbrush

Child of tsuntsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • LocationRadiant's bottom tower

User's Awards

Posted 26 October 2015 - 11:32 AM

I haz a question plz halp

Is there some sort of "skill level" in traditional art that I need to get to before buying a drawing tablet to start on making digital art?

qhq6wke.png

#43 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 26 October 2015 - 12:12 PM

I haz a question plz halp

Is there some sort of "skill level" in traditional art that I need to get to before buying a drawing tablet to start on making digital art?

No, not really. Drawing tablets for the PC have a very different feel than traditional media (unless you buy the 1000$ screen tablets). 

I personally do both and started with traditional. I can only give you my experience in art so..... I started using a digital tablet two years after i started drawing (of any kind) and here was my first tablet drawing.

Spoiler

To give you an idea on my traditional level at that time here is a pencil drawing i did two months before the first digital one.

Spoiler

Now after using mostly the tablet to do full drawings and traditional for sketching for four years this is my current level.

Spoiler

Spoiler

I would say if you're close to the level i was, then you can definitely use a tablet right now. 

• Velvetbrush likes this

#44 Velvetbrush

Velvetbrush

Child of tsuntsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2015 - 02:17 PM

No, not really. Drawing tablets for the PC have a very different feel than traditional media (unless you buy the 1000$ screen tablets). 

I personally do both and started with traditional. I can only give you my experience in art so..... I started using a digital tablet two years after i started drawing (of any kind) and here was my first tablet drawing.

To give you an idea on my traditional level at that time here is a pencil drawing i did two months before the first digital one.

Now after using mostly the tablet to do full drawings and traditional for sketching for four years this is my current level.

I would say if you're close to the level i was, then you can definitely use a tablet right now. 

I see. Thank you~

I'm quite alright with drawing/sketching, but my painting skills suck. That's what I'm really concerned about anyway. Oh, and the part where the shadings go, never fully learned that stuff.

I'll try to draw something over the week and consult you re:drawing tablet if you think the time is right.

Thanks again for your halp~  :^_^:

• Tom Ace likes this

qhq6wke.png

#45 Velvetbrush

Velvetbrush

Child of tsuntsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 November 2015 - 12:38 PM

I'm not quite proud of this one, but here it is anyway Mr. @Tom Ace sir

Spoiler

• DarkNemesis and Chillman like this

qhq6wke.png

#46 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,046 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 01:06 PM

Actually @Velvetbrush that's pretty good.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#47 Chillman

Chillman

Shinigami

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,266 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

http://www.twitch.tv/bobross

Happy tree time.

• Velvetbrush likes this

#48 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 01 November 2015 - 02:58 PM

I'm not quite proud of this one, but here it is anyway Mr. @Tom Ace sir

I'd say you could use a tablet, the main problem would be the upfront cost of going digital. Years of drawing traditional will be more costly (a lot more if you buy name band art supplies).

If you do decide to buy a tablet i suggest getting a Wacom. My first tablet was a Bamboo CTH-460 for 100$ it was and still is a good tablet however it was too small for me (6'1'' 190lb guy using it was hard). So after i knew how to use a tablet and knew i wanted to take drawing more seriously i bought the Wacom Bamboo Create CTH-670 200$, now it was basically the same thing just 8''x5'' over the smaller 5''x3'' and i have been using that ever since.

If you have a choice, get a tablet without finger touch functions. My first tablet for 100$ had it and i never used it, and the pen only version was 70$, so i messed up there. The Create (CTH-670) didn't have pen only as an option, however i did get it on sale for 175$.   

When it comes to software, that's not easy. if you're made of money you can always get photoshop and you will be set, or if you're not made of money you can go with Pain't tool Sai or Manga Studio 5/Clip Studio. On the free side of things there is GIMP and a few others.

I have personally used Sai, GIMP and Manga Studio. I am currently using MS5, and i feel like it's the best of all of the programs i have used, followed by Sai then GIMP. Sai and MS5 are more of a pure drawing/painting program (not many filters, just simple things like blurs), GIMP has a lot more filters and affects but lacks when it comes to drawing and painting. 

A few things about Manga Studio 5/Clip Studio. I personally do not see the need for you to get the expensive version, i don't even have it, it's more for manga/comic creators. The default version of MS5/CS has a bunch of things like 3D models you can pose, pre-made backgrounds, items/objects, effects, patterns, SFX and a lot more.

Well i hope i helped, if you need anything else answered just ask. ;)    

#49 Velvetbrush

Velvetbrush

Child of tsuntsun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 November 2015 - 01:22 AM

Actually @Velvetbrush that's pretty good.

Aww thanks~ ♥

My first tablet was a Bamboo CTH-460 for 100$ it was and still is a good tablet however it was too small for me (6'1'' 190lb guy using it was hard).

I think I'll start with this one, I'm fun-sized so I'm hoping I won't find this too small for me.

Wacom Bamboo Create CTH-670 200$

Looked this up, costs one and a half semester's worth of tuition

*backs away slowly*

When it comes to software, that's not easy. if you're made of money you can always get photoshop and you will be set, or if you're not made of money you can go with Pain't tool Sai or Manga Studio 5/Clip Studio. On the free side of things there is GIMP and a few others.

I have personally used Sai, GIMP and Manga Studio. I am currently using MS5, and i feel like it's the best of all of the programs i have used, followed by Sai then GIMP. Sai and MS5 are more of a pure drawing/painting program (not many filters, just simple things like blurs), GIMP has a lot more filters and affects but lacks when it comes to drawing and painting. 

A few things about Manga Studio 5/Clip Studio. I personally do not see the need for you to get the expensive version, i don't even have it, it's more for manga/comic creators. The default version of MS5/CS has a bunch of things like 3D models you can pose, pre-made backgrounds, items/objects, effects, patterns, SFX and a lot more.

I've got PS and Sai. I think I'm okay with those, I'm not really seeing myself as one who'd create manga/comics. 

Well i hope i helped, if you need anything else answered just ask.

You've been very helpful, thank you so much ♥♥♥

• Tom Ace likes this

qhq6wke.png

#50 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 10:45 PM

does anyone know a good place to host gifs? a little irdie told me in their sig if I had arts I should post it here and I have a ton of left ofer gifs and backrounds and stuffs from my thing.

I tried imgur but then it wouldn't let me post it to the site.

Edited by retroluffy13, 15 January 2016 - 10:46 PM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#51 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 15 January 2016 - 11:09 PM

does anyone know a good place to host gifs? a little irdie told me in their sig if I had arts I should post it here and I have a ton of left ofer gifs and backrounds and stuffs from my thing.

I tried imgur but then it wouldn't let me post it to the site.

DeviantArt does gifs (or animations as they call them) its under Digital > Animation. If you didn't want to submit art to DA you could just use their Sta.sh as they call it, so only you can link it to where you want. You still need an account though, but its free.

#52 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 08:10 AM

so now that's I gots em up how would I post them to om?the embed code?

http://fav.me/d9o4mbj

Edited by retroluffy13, 16 January 2016 - 08:12 AM.

this is a music video I made for a friend of mine.  give it a listen.  the visuals are pretty dope

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

when you love something..  and I mean. really love it.  you fight for it for as long as you can until you cant stand any longer.  then when its all said and done, walk away with a smile hoping you did right.

#53 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 16 January 2016 - 12:23 PM

so now that's I gots em up how would I post them to om?the embed code?

http://fav.me/d9o4mbj

If you're wanting to post the gif here on OMG so people can see it. First you right click on the image and then select "copy image address" if your using chrome or "copy image location" if using Firefox, then here on OMF, go to your reply options and use the "image" button, that's two over from the link button, and then paste the copied gif image into the image window bar.

Spoiler

It's best to put images behind a spoiler tag as well

• retroluffy13 likes this

#54 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 18 January 2016 - 02:25 PM

so the one tom posted for me is an example of how I did my animations. most of the giffs I made show how I did it beause I needed most of the cells or a later date is I ever had to use them ever again. first I make the chaarecter animations themselves, and from there I insert the already animated image into a background ala movie studio 13

here are the rest of my character gifs

Spoiler

this is my tornado. it was done in traditional hand drawn animation style. to get the rotating effect you simply loop three frames together of the tornado drawn in slightly different positions.

Spoiler

Spoiler

these two as well are examples of traditional "handdrawn" animation. using fram by frame to create an image.

Spoiler

this one is kinda like the one tom posted for me. instead of redrawn scenes I manipulate calls to make the animation move within a scene. though ive found in some cases its easier to just redraw scenes for step by step animation.

though the one tom posted for me is technically more like these three

Spoiler

Spoiler

then my backgrounds. only one is actually animated. the other two that appear to be animated, I just used the flinstrones technique with a still background to make move the way I did

Edited by retroluffy13, 18 January 2016 - 03:48 PM.

• Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#55 _Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

_Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 February 2016 - 11:14 PM

Just some doodles, im redoing the sprite as we speak but the rest are just sloppy doodles, and i was really sleepy for these lol  :lol:

Attached Files

#56 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  • Locationnow'here

Posted 16 February 2016 - 08:18 AM

they're so small, the first one looks good

sprites? is that a character for a game?

#57 _Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

_Manga_Artist_Benny-San_

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 February 2016 - 11:55 AM

they're so small, the first one looks good

sprites? is that a character for a game?

yes, and i hope  im improving

#58 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 10 March 2016 - 09:38 PM

gfx this time cuz my brother came over and we gt into a massive discussion about politics one thing lead to another and bam.

c6HoEqH.png
  • DarkNemesis and Tom Ace like this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#59 retroluffy13

retroluffy13

Sardine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,024 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 08:55 AM

Spoiler

look at dat water doe.
  • Tom Ace likes this

Spoiler

also some ear kandy
Spoiler

#60 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:36 PM

look at dat water doe.

That's pretty good, how many frames is it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users