#81 MamaFox

MamaFox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:52 PM

Hi again everyone!

Here's some of the stuff I've been working on over the last few weeks.

This is an attempt at creating a steampunk character...

Spoiler

These are some of my attempts at creating a range of facial expressions in a single character.  I was also trying to use a dip pen for the first time. 

Spoiler

This started as a serious ink drawing of a Northern Saw-Whet Owl but became more of a doodle owl in the end...

Spoiler

This is a study I did of two manga drawings in Mark Crilley's Manga Drawing book 1.  I entitled them love and hate and put them together in a single image.  (Please note although I drew and coloured all of this the original designs belong to Mark Crilley in his Manga Drawing book.)

Spoiler

And this last one is an ink drawing of a fish and some waves...

Spoiler

• Tom Ace and retroluffy13 like this

#82 Zeando

Zeando

Samurai

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,473 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:38 PM

the inked doodle owl and fish with waves were the better ones :note:

the faces need more depth(they look a bit flat) and the shadows did look randomly placed

about facial expressions, are there more, or it's only those 4? you could try with other expressions like: scared, angered, stubborn, amazed, distrustful (something with less blushing anyway)

since you seems to be good with ink drawings, have you already tried to draw a manga character as if it was an ink drawing?

Edited by Zeando, 23 December 2016 - 12:00 PM.

• MamaFox likes this

FQZQm2p.png
Forum Mafia Games

Spoiler The 4 ways of Discussion

#83 MamaFox

MamaFox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:19 AM

the inked doodle own and fish with waves were the better ones :note:

the faces need more depth(they look a bit flat) and the shadows did look randomly placed

about facial expressions, are there more, or it's only those 4? you could try with other expressions like: scared, angered, stubborn, amazed, distrustful (something with less blushing anyway)

since you seems to be good with ink drawings, have you already tried to draw a manga character as if it was an ink drawing?

Thanks for your feedback - much appreciated.  :)    I made twelve facial expressions in all but didn't want to bore everyone with all of them!

Here's the whole set if you're interested...

Spoiler

I have tried using a range of different styles to draw manga, including a drawing style.

Here's how some of it turned out...

Spoiler

Thanks again for the feedback!  :kakashi:

Edited by MamaFox, 23 December 2016 - 11:20 AM.

• Tom Ace likes this

#84 ReZureXio

ReZureXio

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Here is my attempt at drawing an elf girl face, what do you guys think?

hXjMXRh.jpg
VXY1wbX.jpg

Edited by ReZureXio, 14 January 2017 - 06:33 PM.

• Tom Ace and MamaFox like this

#85 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,967 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:57 PM

Here is my attempt at drawing an elf girl face, what do you guys think?

http://i.imgur.com/hXjMXRh.jpg...
http://i.imgur.com/VXY1wbX.jpg...

It's a good start, as the proportions look good. The hair is a bit stiff but hair is one of the harder things to get right, i would also thicken her eye lashes to give them a more full look.

The elf ears reminds me that i need to draw my OC  Lily more!

Oh and i good tip for drawing heads. Try to always add the neck and shoulders to avoid a decapitated looking image.

I suppose i can contribute something of my own. Now this is an old version of an anatomy WIP for Tatsumaki/petite figures, i can't upload the newer version i am currently working on do to the drawings "showing all" of the female anatomy, this version is also missing seven poses i think...

Spoiler

• Zeando and MamaFox like this

#86 ReZureXio

ReZureXio

Wizard

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 03:00 PM

It's a good start, as the proportions look good. The hair is a bit stiff but hair is one of the harder things to get right, i would also thicken her eye lashes to give them a more full look.

I didn't want to overdo the eyes but I guess that it wasn't for the better.

And yea, when I mess up, it's always because of the hair. I wanted to add a degraded look in it but had to give up in the end.

Oh and i good tip for drawing heads. Try to always add the neck and shoulders to avoid a decapitated looking image.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users