Photo

OMF Art Club Discussion

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: OMF Art Club Discussion (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick the four themes you want the most, with the first being top pick, last being least.

1. Girl pose (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Boy pose (1 votes [3.70%])

3. Group pose (1 votes [3.70%])

4. Shapes in perspective (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. Nature (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

6. Wildlife (4 votes [14.81%])

7. Buildings (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

8. Futuristic (Citys, Clothes, Tech) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Timed figure sketch (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Object drawing (glass of water, candle, chair) (2 votes [7.41%])

11. Vehicles, ships, or aircraft (2 votes [7.41%])

12. Shaded objects (ie. take a picture, place a light source, determine the proper shading) (2 votes [7.41%])

13. Mecha (1 votes [3.70%])

14. Food (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Something in outer space (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Horror/Dark (4 votes [14.81%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 10:40 AM

Please discuss suggestions, likes, dislikes, or general questions about the OMF Art Club here.

Nice topic, however, you need to let everyone pick the images they want to.

What I could do is: Selecting an image of my interest, you rate it (beginner-advanced), and I draw it.

Sounds a little bit cheesy having to draw the picture you'd like

I don't see why we can't have both. Tom picks an image for us to draw, so everyone is on the same page. And we can pick something we like to draw and Tom Ace can give us his opinion on its difficulty rating.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 15 February 2015 - 07:15 PM.

• YoWid likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Jinx

Jinx

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWho Knows?

Posted 29 January 2015 - 11:14 AM

How about we propose several pictures,Tom rates the difficulty and if it would be useful for the thread then once that's done there's a vote where once pic of each difficulty gets selected.

I'd propose a weekly system as such so you have a week to finish a picture before the next comes on.

So something like this with the current week being week one:

Week 1: current pictures,proposals for week 3 start.

Week 2: Tom chooses the pictures,a vote is started for the proposed pictures from week 1. New pictures for week 4 are proposed.

Week 3: Winners from the vote are used. A new vote is started for last week's proposed pictures. New pictures for week 5 are proposed.

And so on,seems like a simple but effective system,perhaps Tom's original concept could be adapted to fit instead though.

• Baka-Dynasty likes this

One bad day away from insanity

#3 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 29 January 2015 - 01:04 PM

How about we propose several pictures,Tom rates the difficulty and if it would be useful for the thread then once that's done there's a vote where once pic of each difficulty gets selected.

I'd propose a weekly system as such so you have a week to finish a picture before the next comes on.

So something like this with the current week being week one:

Week 1: current pictures,proposals for week 3 start.

Week 2: Tom chooses the pictures,a vote is started for the proposed pictures from week 1. New pictures for week 4 are proposed.

Week 3: Winners from the vote are used. A new vote is started for last week's proposed pictures. New pictures for week 5 are proposed.

And so on,seems like a simple but effective system,perhaps Tom's original concept could be adapted to fit instead though.

I think we can do a general theme vote.

1 Girl

2 Boy

3 Nature

4 City

5 Action

Something like that, and when one wins we can pick three images from that theme.

#4 loop

loop

Nail Police

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Locationannie's boobs

Posted 29 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

I'd suggest a poll? People can propose a themes here each week and whoever wants to participate can vote for the one they want, poll will close on a set date, tom can choose the images and then post them in the club thread.

And maybe for each week there can be a special challenge that people can do but dont have to? Like say, sketch in 5 minutes, colour using a primary colours/specific pallete, draw with pen only, draw in a specific kind of style, blind contour etc.

/shrugs
  • Tom Ace likes this
LOOK AT THOSE DISGUSTING CUTICLES. YOU'RE UNDER ARREST

#5 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

I like the simplicity of the thread as is, so I'm against a poll. Although a wider selection of pictures wouldn't go astray, 3 completely different pictures is ideal imo, but 4 would be fine. Maybe just every thread gets a; Person, Cityscape, Nature, and Action?

Edited by hubris, 29 January 2015 - 05:04 PM.

signature under construction

#6 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:11 PM

So a new thread will be made every week? I don't think the mods would go for that. Assuming I'm understanding you correctly.

So does Beginner get Person, Cityscape, Nature, and Action pics? And the same for Intermediate and Advanced? So a participant gets 12 choices and optionally one of them own?

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#7 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:14 PM

I like the simplicity of the thread as is, so I'm against a poll. Although a wider selection of pictures wouldn't go astray, 3 completely different pictures is ideal imo, but 4 would be fine. Maybe just every thread gets a; Person, Cityscape, Nature, and Action?

I thought the same thing, but how do we have only one image of each theme when we have people with different skill levels..

Sure, i and a few others could do just beginner drawings, but we will not push ourselves and we will not learn much, yet if we have more advanced images the beginners will be overwhelmed with the complexity.

And Dark just ninja'ed me!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yes we would need many around 12 images.

I'm okay with that it's just hard to find so many images for all the skill levels.

#8 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:20 PM

How about you put up 3 exactly as you have done. And everyone else can put up some pictures. And we can vote on the other 9 to use next week. Less work for you.

• YoWid likes this

Spoiler

#9 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 05:47 PM

How about you put up 3 exactly as you have done. And everyone else can put up some pictures. And we can vote on the other 9 to use next week. Less work for you.

That sounds fine, i suppose can make a poll every week on a wide range of themes and the top one gets three skill level images from me, also we can have anyone post one image they want the club to draw, at any skill range.

Edited by Tom Ace, 29 January 2015 - 06:21 PM.

#10 Jinx

Jinx

N00b

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationWho Knows?

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:17 PM

So a new thread will be made every week? I don't think the mods would go for that. Assuming I'm understanding you correctly.

Not necessarily,the chosen pictures can just be updated into the Original Post with the others archived under a poiler tag at the bottom of the post or removed.

The poll would be a different matter however,i'm not sure if Polls can be added and removed to threads but if it can that would be a solution.

If not perhaps we could look for something outside of the site with a simple Pollmaker and link to that for the vote.

One bad day away from insanity

#11 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 29 January 2015 - 06:20 PM

Not necessarily,the chosen pictures can just be updated into the Original Post with the others archived under a poiler tag at the bottom of the post or removed.

The poll would be a different matter however,i'm not sure if Polls can be added and removed to threads but if it can that would be a solution.

If not perhaps we could look for something outside of the site with a simple Pollmaker and link to that for the vote.

I know i can add a poll to the forum i made, however i don't know if i can remove it and add a new one every week.

There is a site called Strawpoll that takes votes.

Edited by Tom Ace, 29 January 2015 - 06:20 PM.

• YoWid likes this

#12 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:58 AM

So does Beginner get Person, Cityscape, Nature, and Action pics? And the same for Intermediate and Advanced? So a participant gets 12 choices and optionally one of them own?

Not every week, just once the thread runs out of steam/ seems like everyone has had a bit of a go and those 12 pictures have been exhausted. Once a month perhaps

I thought the same thing, but how do we have only one image of each theme when we have people with different skill levels..

Sure, i and a few others could do just beginner drawings, but we will not push ourselves and we will not learn much, yet if we have more advanced images the beginners will be overwhelmed with the complexity.

And Dark just ninja'ed me!!!!!!!!!!!!! But yes we would need many around 12 images.

I'm okay with that it's just hard to find so many images for all the skill levels.

Yeah that's what I meant, 4 different themes each with 3 different photos. Plenty of choose from :)

• Tom Ace and YoWid like this

signature under construction

#13 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:05 AM

Should we have the Club and Club Discussion threads pinned?

Spoiler

#14 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:50 AM

Should we have the Club and Club Discussion threads pinned?

Yea

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#15 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

Yea

Once Our Glorious Leader agrees with you, I shall harass the staff.

• YoWid likes this

Spoiler

#16 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 01:06 PM

Pinning it sounds fine to me.

• YoWid likes this

#17 YoWid

YoWid

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,592 posts

User's Awards

Posted 30 January 2015 - 02:21 PM

I'll do my best!

Spoiler Music by Gazillions

another story for another day

#18 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 04:50 PM

My suggestions for themes to be chosen.

1. Girl pose

2. Boy pose

3. Group pose

4. Anatomy study

5. Shapes in perspective

6. Nature

7. Wildlife

8. Buildings

9. Action pose (boy and girl)

10. Futuristic

11. Timed figure sketch

12. Object drawing (glass of water, candle,)

13. Cloth dynamics

14. Facial expressions

Can't think of any more at the moment.

#19 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,794 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 05:01 PM

15. Vehicles, ships, or aircraft

16. Shaded objects (ie. take a picture, place a light source, determine the proper shading)

17. Mecha

18. Food

19. Something in outer space

Spoiler

#20 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,993 posts

Posted 30 January 2015 - 11:28 PM

How would we vote on the themes? Have a full list and then post four that you want and after a week see what wins?

Or have a single choice poll and use the top four.

OR have a vote on every theme with a yes or no vote.

We need a poll that we can vote four times from a long list...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users