Photo

OMF Art Club Discussion

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Poll: OMF Art Club Discussion (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Pick the four themes you want the most, with the first being top pick, last being least.

1. Girl pose (1 votes [3.70%])

Percentage of vote: 3.70%

2. Boy pose (1 votes [3.70%])

3. Group pose (1 votes [3.70%])

4. Shapes in perspective (2 votes [7.41%])

Percentage of vote: 7.41%

5. Nature (4 votes [14.81%])

Percentage of vote: 14.81%

6. Wildlife (4 votes [14.81%])

7. Buildings (3 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

8. Futuristic (Citys, Clothes, Tech) (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

9. Timed figure sketch (0 votes [0.00%])

10. Object drawing (glass of water, candle, chair) (2 votes [7.41%])

11. Vehicles, ships, or aircraft (2 votes [7.41%])

12. Shaded objects (ie. take a picture, place a light source, determine the proper shading) (2 votes [7.41%])

13. Mecha (1 votes [3.70%])

14. Food (0 votes [0.00%])

15. Something in outer space (0 votes [0.00%])

16. Horror/Dark (4 votes [14.81%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts
  • LocationBetween life and death.

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

I was going to make an archive thread for the older pictures.

I suppose you can if you think its not to many threads? 

#42 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:54 PM

It's only 3 :shrug:

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#43 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:53 PM

Its a good idea to have previous pictures available, but I can't see much use for an archive thread. I mean, if its so we can still practice with those images, then at that point we'll just have 2 art club threads... imo it'd be better to have previous pictures somewhere in the op. It'd be neater, and having a lot of pinned threads chews visibility from user art threads below.

I got a pretty cool idea for how to organised previous pictures in the art club thread, if yas are interested? 

• Tom Ace likes this

signature under construction

#44 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:09 AM

I got a pretty cool idea for how to organised previous pictures in the art club thread

Instead of putting just links to last weeks images, I think it'd be cool to have a makeshift archive of the images themselves in the thread.

Whenever the thread is updated with new studies, the update comment @Tom Ace posts could have a spoiler with the images from last week (to avoid image limits in the op). Then we could have a link to all the update comments in a spoiler in the op. 

And incase that wasn't clear; Each update comment has a spoiler containing the previous week's images, and the op has a spoiler containing links to each update comment.

This way we could have all the previous studies easily accessible, within the thread itself. And have a directory of sorts for them in the op, to keep track of all the previous weeks, themes and images. 

#45 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 02:51 AM

Instead of putting just links to last weeks images, I think it'd be cool to have a makeshift archive of the images themselves in the thread.

Whenever the thread is updated with new studies, the update comment @Tom Ace posts could have a spoiler with the images from last week (to avoid image limits in the op). Then we could have a link to all the update comments in a spoiler in the op. 

And incase that wasn't clear; Each update comment has a spoiler containing the previous week's images, and the op has a spoiler containing links to each update comment.

This way we could have all the previous studies easily accessible, within the thread itself. And have a directory of sorts for them in the op, to keep track of all the previous weeks, themes and images. 

The main problem with that would be the older images will be lost in the middle of the thread, but if i just add links in the OP to the old images, then you can always find them without digging for them.

#46 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:33 AM

The main problem with that would be the older images will be lost in the middle of the thread, but if i just add links in the OP to the old images, then you can always find them without digging for them.

Each update comment has a spoiler containing the previous week's images, and the op has a spoiler containing links to each update comment 

linking the comments in the op (like so) would prevent old images from getting lost in the thread; finding older images would be as simple as clicking a link in the original post. Which is essentially the same as what we have now (linking the images in the op) except we wouldn't have to go off site and users could just quote 'update comments' when they show off their attempt at an old image. Personally I think its a simple way of keeping everything neat and easily accessible.

#47 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,201 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:55 AM

Well one, you guys have a point. Two, I'm thinking we need a sub-forum. Three, I don't think we'll get one now, only because of the lack of traffic.

But in my perfect world, we would have a sub-forum. Each week would have its own thread. There would still be an archive thread for just posting the previous week's pics. No comments. Why? So no one has to go searching through every thread for the pics. And there would be a discussion thread for every week.

The way Tom Ace has it is easier to find the previous weeks' pics. My only problem is that the OP will get cluttered and it will be a mass of text soon :D

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#48 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:32 PM

Well one, you guys have a point. Two, I'm thinking we need a sub-forum. Three, I don't think we'll get one now, only because of the lack of traffic.

But in my perfect world, we would have a sub-forum. Each week would have its own thread. There would still be an archive thread for just posting the previous week's pics. No comments. Why? So no one has to go searching through every thread for the pics. And there would be a discussion thread for every week.

The way Tom Ace has it is easier to find the previous weeks' pics. My only problem is that the OP will get cluttered and it will be a mass of text soon :D

I already thought of a way to keep it clean. Just have one spoiler named: "Past Studies" then when you open it, it will have week 1, 2, 3, 4 then the months before, so every four weeks get put into month spoilers.

It takes a lot of time to set this all up, it took around three hours to find the new images, post them, remove the old ones, edit the text and do finish up tasks. Anyway i can make this easier the better. :^_^:  

Edited by Tom Ace, 10 February 2015 - 12:38 PM.

#49 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 09:19 PM

suit yourselves  :shrug: although the op does need a format change, imo its looking pretty messy right now

#50 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:16 PM

suit yourselves  :shrug: although the op does need a format change, imo its looking pretty messy right now

Yeah, its "under construction", i'm sure it will all get figured out at some point.

• hubris likes this

#51 ishxallxgood

ishxallxgood

Bepo's Biggest Fangirl

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTangled up in Doflamingo's Strings ♥

User's Awards

Posted 31 August 2015 - 04:42 PM

Are wedoing still doing this? Like 8 months later. Haha. I'm totally down to submit stuff since I'm currently on a creative kick

tag made by me
Bepo_Law_Tag_zps4gscrahz.png

#52 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 06:18 PM

Are wedoing still doing this? Like 8 months later. Haha. I'm totally down to submit stuff since I'm currently on a creative kick

Yeah it's still going, it's just no one is posting anything.....  :<_<:

I have been busy of late, but if i get time i will try to reformat the thread to make it a bit more easy going. I think it will be a thread where you can post your art and ask questions about art.

I updated the main post on the thread.

Edited by Tom Ace, 31 August 2015 - 06:26 PM.

#53 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,082 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:28 PM

this still going on? we still drawing things? I want to draw things. ..

9T9UA2g.jpg

#54 Tom Ace

Tom Ace

Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,961 posts

Posted 14 February 2016 - 05:34 PM

this still going on? we still drawing things? I want to draw things. ..

The art club is still going.

Post your art, talk about your art, art in general or ask questions about art and or how to get better there.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users