#1 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 02 February 2015 - 11:42 AM

o5ncqq.jpg

Use this thread to talk about Toriko's world Cooking, and the most vital elements of cooking, the Chefs and the Ingredients.

Discuss the skill and potential of various chefs, their food luck and how that impacts their cooking, their rivalries or their general role in the story.

Discuss the cooking techniques used, the special preparation techniques and the role of the Gourmet Cells in cooking, e.g. God Cooking.

Talk about the numerous ingredients we've seen through our Toriko adventure. Their appearance, taste, special attributes, etc.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#2 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 04:50 AM

At the start of the series I was under the impression that, for the most part, chefs were the brains to the Bishokuya's brawn. and It wasn't really until the festival arc that we saw otherwise... Kind of made me feel deceived.

signature under construction

#3 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,557 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 08:27 AM

At the start of the series I was under the impression that, for the most part, chefs were the brains to the Bishokuya's brawn. and It wasn't really until the festival arc that we saw otherwise... Kind of made me feel deceived.

Was it because powerful chefs were shown as well ? I think we've found out quite early that not all chefs are as alien to combat as Komatsu through Setsuno. Remember how much of an impression she made at the end of the Ice Hell arc when she managed to intimidate Alfaro, an individual so strong that he could easily dispose of both Hellboros and the Parasite Emperor.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

Edited by Sanji, 03 February 2015 - 10:23 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#4 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:49 PM

Though at that point in the series Setsuno was an anomaly. She was a "national treasure", and pretty clearly filled the 'old master' archetype. As far as I can recall she was the only chef to show any physical prowess for a very long time. So while she was definitely the first hint that chefs could be as strong as Bishokuya, at that point it wouldn't have been unreasonable to assume that she was one of very few strong chefs.

• Sanji likes this

#5 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:51 PM

All of the Bishokukai Sous-Chefs (Grinpatch, Tommyrod and Starjun) are chefs too, according to their rank :shrug:

Although I don't really want to know what kind of food Tommy makes.

#6 hubris

hubris

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

lol you're right, but if you hadn't told me I'd never have known. Chefs in name, and nothing else.

Never seen them cook, only seen them hunt ingredients, hell Starjun is in a combo with a chef, etc. I'm not even surprised I missed that, since I almost never read that "title" text that characters get with their first appearance.

#7 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 February 2015 - 06:44 PM

We did see Starjun cook if I'm not mistaken - and one of his weapons is a kitchen knife he uses for food instead of humans, Toriko was the first enemy he used it on in combat.

But he doesn't have Food Luck, so he needs chefs to aid him.

• hubris likes this

#8 Red Opus

Red Opus

Ghost

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

User's Awards

5    3   

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Setsuno is ashura :o I have some research to do on what that means for jiro...also...

Toriko needs to rethink that full course, its lookin anorexic name wise....the jewel meat...i know it was a good arc, good ingredient...but this is the GW baby...he needs some of that thunderorca meat...idk if that exists but something coo....jewel meat..pfft please

3Pv4ZgF.jpg

#9 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,248 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 April 2015 - 12:27 PM

Jewel Meat is in Sani's FC, not in Toriko's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users