Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 12:33 PM

Previous Thread

S2Ch136: http://www.webtoons....5&episodeNo=216

Damn it Baam! So OP!

Sweet chapter! Even though ToG isn't supposed to have it's focus on the fighting aspect of the story, when they do get down to business... :whooo:

That was pretty damn nice actually, he's not exactly stomping Daniel but he's showing his unique ability again and also seems to have improved it a bit, I was afraid he'd be like Kakashi(before the chronic asspulls) and have 1000's of techniques but use less than 1% of them. I guess those martial arts/technique manuals strewn on his room floor a while back weren't for nothing.

3 chapters in a row! Knock on wood! Baam is BAWS in these chapters.

I forgot to mention previosuly: Lol @ Boro being the only one getting offscreened (although his fight is no doubt the most dull) and also @ everyone (Daniel & Wha Ryun) dissing Yura.

Well that was goood

What I missed that. When was this?

Also a true Ha would ditch the stairs and just jump straight up XD

I was actually trying to find it but my Internet is slow so I quickly gave up, but if you're interested in some sleuthing you might try finding the panel. It happens in Wha Ryun's room in train city, so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

@Lone_ant

Found the panel! It's S2Ch124 (12 chapter's ago):

Your link is broken.

I did notice that at the time. I wonder what took Baam so long to start doing that? I mean, he should have been doing that since the 2F.

• Doan likes this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2 Doan

Doan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, U.S.A.

Posted 03 February 2015 - 02:16 PM

wonder how well baam will fare against daniel, plus ran should be coming soon(maybe)?

Fabolous ft Trey Songz "All There"

Spoiler

#3 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:21 AM

S2Ch137: http://www.webtoons....5&episodeNo=217

• DarkNemesis likes this

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler For future reference

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

Spoiler The answer to life, the universe and everything

#4 Shinkaru

Shinkaru

Moe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,213 posts
  • LocationOne step closer to Despair

Posted 08 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Boros showing of ze moves, at least a side character who isn't that weak.

Spoiler The meaning of life

#5 FrostyMouse

FrostyMouse

Life

• Moderators
  • 3,158 posts
  • LocationStamford Bridge

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:07 PM

Somehow, the chapter was kind of short and boring.  We didn't get anywhere with Baam vs Daniel and Boro spent a lot of panels telling us that he's simply good at understanding the path and movement of swords.

ilhd1c.jpg

#6 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 12:14 PM

Somehow, the chapter was kind of short and boring.

It's weird but the chapter felt longer than usual. And as far as I'm concerned, it was another great chapter.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#7 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 01:46 PM

I liked the chapter since I wanted to see what Boro was capable of. It seems that he will be of good use against any sword user.

And I feel like that ignition weapon is being wasted on the blondlie who's crushing on Yura.

No Hwa Ryun appearance makes me sad.

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#8 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

Just some food for thought that I thought I might bring to your attention, yesterday somebody @ batoto mentioned that this Hong Danhwa guy has the same surname/clan name as an S1 character, Hong Chunhwa. Both Chunwha and Danwha had ignition weapons before entering the tower (Narumada & Krishna), which according to the wiki SIU compares to having a supercar before even having a license which I assume to mean is a rare occurrence, so it might be safe to assume from these 2 fact that they're from the same family/clan/village and perhaps there are 5 more of these people that may potentially appear. Funnily they both also seem to be fanboys of particular girls (Sunwoo Nare & Yura Ha). Someone there also floated a theory that the mysterious person who spoke to Rak a few chapter back may be Hong Chunhwa.

• DarkNemesis likes this

pfpgm7o.png

Spoiler If Milareppa/Episteme were OP fans :P (posts by Eric Ester Burgos & Jae Johnson & Two Cents @ http://mangastream.com/blog/28#comment-1216310802)

#9 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:14 PM

@Urek Mazino - Are we going to have to go back and start comparing characters from season 1 to season 2?

NOTE: that's a good thing.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 09 February 2015 - 02:14 PM.

Spoiler

#10 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

@DarkNemesis I don't think we should find all comparisons possible or anything like that but it seems kinda interesting to me. That S1 character seemed pretty insignificant besides having an ignition weapon which was noted to be a big deal but he barely did anything at all, Ansrossi jacked his sword to fight Quant which is almost all he was good for before this little reveal. Throwbacks to S1 like this new character are really nice, especially when they enrich the lore like this, perhaps now someone might be wondering how ignition weapons are made, it's not like the Workshop arc answered that and these Hong people seem to have a method. I mentioned Sunwoo Nare because of her close affiliation with Chunhwa so if the person who spoke to Rak a few chapters ago was Chunhwa I wonder if Sunwoo is with him. I'd like a charmer/subjugater to enter the story again since I think that's an interesting position and might lead to more Shinu'eh species being revealed.

All this talk about an insignificant seeming S1 character makes me wonder what the hell happened to Amigochez after Bam beat his ass so long ago. :P

Edited by Urek Mazino, 09 February 2015 - 02:37 PM.

• Petite Fleur likes this

pfpgm7o.png

#11 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 02:46 PM

@Urek Mazino - Well I'm not saying that everyone stop and search for every parallel and association in the story. But part of what makes Bleach a fun manga to read is that story references itself in subtle ways and uses different events to piece together different sub-narratives. So it wouldn't be too bad if ToG did the same as well. We don't have to do that, but noticing or finding those connections are fun and adds more to the reading experience, IMO.
  • Petite Fleur and Morek like this

Spoiler

#12 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:34 PM

@Urek Mazino - Well I'm not saying that everyone stop and search for every parallel and association in the story. But part of what makes Bleach a fun manga to read is that story references itself in subtle ways and uses different events to piece together different sub-narratives. So it wouldn't be too bad if ToG did the same as well. We don't have to do that, but noticing or finding those connections are fun and adds more to the reading experience, IMO.

One could always reread ToG for the effect 3:

@DarkNemesis I don't think we should find all comparisons possible or anything like that but it seems kinda interesting to me. That S1 character seemed pretty insignificant besides having an ignition weapon which was noted to be a big deal but he barely did anything at all, Ansrossi jacked his sword to fight Quant which is almost all he was good for before this little reveal. Throwbacks to S1 like this new character are really nice, especially when they enrich the lore like this, perhaps now someone might be wondering how ignition weapons are made, it's not like the Workshop arc answered that and these Hong people seem to have a method. I mentioned Sunwoo Nare because of her close affiliation with Chunhwa so if the person who spoke to Rak a few chapters ago was Chunhwa I wonder if Sunwoo is with him. I'd like a charmer/subjugater to enter the story again since I think that's an interesting position and might lead to more Shinu'eh species being revealed.

All this talk about an insignificant seeming S1 character makes me wonder what the hell happened to Amigochez after Bam beat his ass so long ago. :P

He's probably part of one of the groups. Remember that they have moved in smaller groups since their establishment. It's kind of like an organization already. 3:

I wonder if this is how FUG started. We already know that it's kind of how this whole tower business started in the first place, but with just one group(presumably). Urek Mazino's group seems to work like that as well.

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#13 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:48 PM

One could always reread ToG for the effect 3:

He's probably part of one of the groups. Remember that they have moved in smaller groups since their establishment. It's kind of like an organization already. 3:

I wonder if this is how FUG started. We already know that it's kind of how this whole tower business started in the first place, but with just one group(presumably). Urek Mazino's group seems to work like that as well.

When you say one of the groups do you mean a team like the S1 team or Bam's S2 team or do you mean an organisation like Wolhaiksong or FUG? 

Could you elaborate on the bold points?

pfpgm7o.png

#14 Petite Fleur

Petite Fleur

~ Spider Lady - Kiri's Wife ~ Professional Cuddle Bug

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,888 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:46 AM

When you say one of the groups do you mean a team like the S1 team or Bam's S2 team or do you mean an organisation like Wolhaiksong or FUG? 

Could you elaborate on the bold points?

I mean all of the teams. We know from S2 that Kuun and them moved in several little teams, even taking on new members, and didn't use every person for every operation but spread them out across little ones and kept reserves of people.

I'm speculating if this taking in new members and building multiple teams is like how FUG or Urek's groups started. 3:

2mGKRJi.png
▂▅▇█▓▒░◕‿‿◕░▒▓█▇▅▂

Spoiler Quotes

#15 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:01 AM

I'm speculating if this taking in new members and building multiple teams is like how FUG or Urek's groups started. 3:

FUG just started because Luslec (FUGs leader) is disgruntled by Zahard, its probably some personal beef they have between them. Zahard was said to be the strongest and the leader of the 10 warriors but maybe Luslec didn't agree with him becoming the official king over all of them. That being said FUG is basically Luslec's family, just like the 10 great families were developed is how FUG was developed.

Urek just attracted people to him with his power, he climbed super fast and stayed in the tower, there is a whole background story between him and Baek Ryun about how they developed the wing tree group. As for Ureks motivations he is looking for Phantaminum but for anyone who knows the backstory on Phantaminum its super unclear with urek would be looking for him or why hes even still in the tower.

• Urek Mazino likes this

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#16 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:12 AM

but for anyone who knows the backstory on Phantaminum its super unclear with urek would be looking for him or why hes even still in the tower.

I forget. Did Phantaminum fight Urek before? Because I'm sure Urek would want to fight him anyway.

Also, now that Baam has Phan's weapon, it must be a matter of time until Phan and Baam meet. It may be when Baam finally gets to Wing Tree.

Spoiler

#17 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

I mean all of the teams. We know from S2 that Kuun and them moved in several little teams, even taking on new members, and didn't use every person for every operation but spread them out across little ones and kept reserves of people.

FUG just started because Luslec (FUGs leader) is disgruntled by Zahard, its probably some personal beef they have between them. Zahard was said to be the strongest and the leader of the 10 warriors but maybe Luslec didn't agree with him becoming the official king over all of them. That being said FUG is basically Luslec's family, just like the 10 great families were developed is how FUG was developed.

Urek just attracted people to him with his power, he climbed super fast and stayed in the tower, there is a whole background story between him and Baek Ryun about how they developed the wing tree group. As for Ureks motivations he is looking for Phantaminum but for anyone who knows the backstory on Phantaminum its super unclear with urek would be looking for him or why hes even still in the tower.

@Petite Fleur Pretty much what this guy said, that's basically how how both FUG and Wolhaiksong started. What's really disappointed me about FUG so far is there unexplained grand influence in the Tower. SIU did once state in blogpost that FUG is akin to a cult but I'm disappointed he hasn't more strongly shown that. Sure it's easy to see in the ctual members like Karaka, Poken and Jinsung but some of these people minor people who help them (like this train admin guy) show no clear signs of fanaticism or coercion. But I digress.

I forget. Did Phantaminum fight Urek before? Because I'm sure Urek would want to fight him anyway.

Also, now that Baam has Phan's weapon, it must be a matter of time until Phan and Baam meet. It may be when Baam finally gets to Wing Tree.

There's no news about bouts between me and Phant before we entered the tower. All we know is Phant was the 12th irregular who entered the tower and massacred a shitton of Zahard plebs, confronted Yuri without doing anything to her and then he disappeared after that incident. I came into the tower looking for him and climbed the tower in record time but wasn't given the #1 rank which I wanted, which Phant currently claim. The ranking officer publicly embarrassed me bluntly told me that if I faced Phant I'd lose, but seriously my attacks are light speed so whatever.

I think you're mixing up Phant with Enryu. Enryu is the irregular who fought and killed a Guardian, who were previously believed to be immortal and invincible, on 43F and then disappeared. The Thorn that Bam has is a remnant of that battle I believe, I could be wrong though. All shinsu around Enryu turns red btw which is the same colour as the thorn. And he can create life apparently and can use more than 9000 baang's of Shinsu. 

pfpgm7o.png

#18 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,867 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:36 AM

@Urek Mazino - Thank you namesake. I appreciate your thorough correcting of my bad memory.

• Urek Mazino likes this

Spoiler

#19 Relinquisher

Relinquisher

Tsundere

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,627 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 13 February 2015 - 11:25 AM

What's really disappointed me about FUG so far is there unexplained grand influence in the Tower. SIU did once state in blogpost that FUG is akin to a cult but I'm disappointed he hasn't more strongly shown that. Sure it's easy to see in the ctual members like Karaka, Poken and Jinsung but some of these people minor people who help them (like this train admin guy) show no clear signs of fanaticism or coercion. But I digress.

I think FUG has plenty of influence. Remember back in season 1 on the floor of the tests, jinsung was pretty much in control of that floor and manipulated the whole exam to get ban and Rachel onto FUGs side, that's an impressive feat considering how pivotal irregulars seem to be to the tower. Especially considering every time someone mentioned Evankhell it was saying they need to avoid him or showing some kind of fear, hes like a top 100 high ranker, and FUG operated under someone like that's nose. Not even getting into all we have seen them manipulate and control in the rest of the series. I mean even the most recent ploy being with combining bam and the needle, it needed to be disrupted by one of the other 10 warriors, a man known for being the most knowledgeable in the tower.

Karaka shows the fanaticism of FUG pretty well, along with people like apple and others who talk about slayers being gods, i dont see how its not living up to its reputation in those senses.

All we know is Phant was the 12th irregular who entered the tower and massacred a shitton of Zahard plebs,

How do you know hes the 12th? Can you link to where that was revealed?

he Thorn that Bam has is a remnant of that battle I believe,

Apparently it just appeared after the battle, it was found after the battle was completed, so it could be anything. Its just FUG's belief that by re-igniting that it has the capability to kill a guardian and thus also kill zahard because he is blessed by a guardian with his immortality. 

[Check out the Battle Contest] [] Battle Contest #5: Aokiji VS Fujitora

treeBW.png

Made by Relinquisher 

Spoiler Very Strange Quotes from OMF

#20 Urek Mazino

Urek Mazino

Pirate

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 02:35 PM

I think FUG has plenty of influence. Remember back in season 1 on the floor of the tests, jinsung was pretty much in control of that floor and manipulated the whole exam to get ban and Rachel onto FUGs side, that's an impressive feat considering how pivotal irregulars seem to be to the tower. Especially considering every time someone mentioned Evankhell it was saying they need to avoid him or showing some kind of fear, hes like a top 100 high ranker, and FUG operated under someone like that's nose. Not even getting into all we have seen them manipulate and control in the rest of the series. I mean even the most recent ploy being with combining bam and the needle, it needed to be disrupted by one of the other 10 warriors, a man known for being the most knowledgeable in the tower.

Karaka shows the fanaticism of FUG pretty well, along with people like apple and others who talk about slayers being gods, i dont see how its not living up to its reputation in those senses.

How do you know hes the 12th? Can you link to where that was revealed?

Apparently it just appeared after the battle, it was found after the battle was completed, so it could be anything. Its just FUG's belief that by re-igniting that it has the capability to kill a guardian and thus also kill zahard because he is blessed by a guardian with his immortality. 

@Relinquisher

When I was questioning FUG's influence, I was more referring to those people who aren't a part of FUG like the guy's who ran the Workshop battle and this new train admin guy. At least with the Workshop battle it seemed like a mutually beneficial trade up till the point FUG reneged. I want it to be shown more clearly why outside players would make a deal with FUG, if FUG garners a cult like following show it in the people not a part of FUG like it's been shown for people within FUG, that's why I took guy's like Jinsung, Karaka and Poken out of the mix. You're mixing up the name Jinsung and Hansung, Hansung is the genderbent guy from 2F and Jinsung is Bam's trainer guy from the Ha family, but I also remove Hansung and Augusgus from my scenario since they also seem pretty deeply entrenched in FUG.  

I don't know that Phantaminum is the 12th but I'm just making an educated guess that he is since he entered after Zahard and the 10 family heads who are the earliest known irregulars to enter the tower. Unless there were more people I'm missing from that initial irregular group or Enryu entered before Phant, I think it's safe to say with what info we have that he is the 12th, so it's certainly not the right answer but it's the best one.

Side thought: I wonder if all or some of the 10 family heads are in a similar situation as Rachel in that Zahard was the one to open the tower and they followed the path he made?

Sure, there's no certainty of the thorn's origins but it's just a theory that's not at all far fetched so....

FUG's original plan was to fuse Bam with the thorn so that another person/slayer could wield the new weapon to defeat Zahard so I'm not sure whether the thorn was their master plan or if the irregular powering it was since only an irregular can kill Zahard since they're not bound by the same contracts that make Zahard and his 10 family buddies practically invincible. But Beta certainly also hyped up the thorn as something that was involved in the defeat of a Guardian which is tantamount to deicide in ToG so maybe it's both the irregular and the thorn. :shrug:

Side thought: Whatever happened to Headon and his side scheming?

Edited by Urek Mazino, 13 February 2015 - 02:36 PM.

pfpgm7o.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users