Photo

[Anime] Higashi no Eden (Eden of the East)

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:23 AM

Higashi no Eden

ANN | MAL

15033l.jpg19101.jpg26126.jpg

Synopsis:
On November 22, 2010 ten missiles strike Japan. However, this unprecedented terrorist act, later to be known as "Careless Monday," does not result in any apparent victims, and is soon forgotten by almost everyone. Then, 3 months later... Saki Morimi is a young woman currently in the United States of America on her graduation trip. But just when she is in front of the White House, Washington DC, she gets into trouble, and only the unexpected intervention of one of her fellow countrymen saves her. However, this man, who introduces himself as Akira Takizawa, is a complete mystery. He appears to have lost his memory, is stark naked, except for the gun he holds in one hand, and the mobile phone he's holding in the other. A phone that is charged with 8,200,000,000 yen in digital cash.

(Source: Production I.G website)

Why You Should Watch This:
If there ever was a competition for the most ridiculous introduction of a protagonist, this series will probably take the top spot. In this strange girl-meets-boy scenario, our adorable Saki gets involved in this crazy story of Higashi no Eden when a strange boy, Akira, stumbles onto her in public butt-naked with a gun on his hand (Oh, and did I mention they are right in front of the White House?). What follows are series of solid animation by Production I.G., social commentaries on Japanese employment issues, interesting characters, and a well-paced story for the 11-episode TV series run. In many ways, it is a Jason Bourne series of anime.
All sounds good right? Well, unfortunately my review of this series is quite mixed, wholeheartedly due to two full-length movies that were meant to be the finale of this series. Although the final two movies weren't necessarily bad, you can't help but feel underwhelmed compared to the solid run it had till then. Maybe I would have a totally different opinion if I had marathon-ed everything from start to end, but the movies seemed to be stuck in build-ups and expositions for majority of its time.
Although it has its flaws, Higashi no Eden is still an excellent series that deserves to be in everyone's to-watch-list for its well-crafted story and a very memorable voice assistant ;)

Edited by ruggia, 11 February 2015 - 02:22 PM.

#2 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

Lol you gotta be joking, that was one of the titles i wanted present as well again

qhz8b56l.png

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,626 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

Lol you gotta be joking, that was one of the titles i wanted present as well again

y r u 2 lay?

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#4 Peleihno

Peleihno

INFINITE

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts
  • LocationThe New New Frontier

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

It's Eden of the East not East of Eden. 

That aside, it's a good anime, saw it some years back. 

Spoiler Fun Posts

x3z7kg.jpg

"Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty
lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." — Louis Brandeis, 1928

#5 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 726 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

Its not like I'm stalking you 24/7 or anything :rolleyes:

It's Eden of the East not East of Eden. 

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

#6 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,184 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:33 PM

Btw, exactly my sentiment about the discrepancy between the TV show and the movies, the former was really good but the movies, well....

Nevertheless, still much more interesting to watch than 90% of the stuff that comes out today, so definitely recommended

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users