#21 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 04:57 PM

@Oben : your character's timeline shows that he's currently at around 2 years after the War while the premise is during the TS and shortly after the War. And does Kamu mean ''bite''? Kinda large group there :xD: Gesshi is rodent plus it has 2 syllables, too.

Btw, Crozier is quite underrated. Beating 2 Commodores (same as my character) and only 52mil? :blink:

Oh, thanks. Fixed it.

I like Kamu-Kamu better though :P

#22 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 13 February 2015 - 05:59 PM

so many pirates. Guess I have to be a marine :3

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#23 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 13 February 2015 - 06:57 PM

Fulmine, a question about your character. You mention Qi / Ki / Chi a lot but this concept does not exist in One Piece. Is it a subjective force? Also, just something I found funny (no ill intent, of course) - that her fighting style revolves around being very accurate and gracious, but she is described in the weakness section as clumsy.

Also, diez, would you mind translating what your character's techniques mean? I can't japanese very well /: You don't have to, of course. I can just use my imagination.

and this one means "Huge Rabbit Super Mega Attack with 90% Organic Pork". 

#24 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:05 PM

Also, diez, would you mind translating what your character's techniques mean? I can't japanese very well /: You don't have to, of course. I can just use my imagination.

I'll get right on to it. I didn't know if people would be interested in that or not  :^_^:

Be aware though that I've in some cases *tried* to craft "puns" using kanji with similar readings to the actual pronounciation they form, by trying to imitate what I've seen mangakas do

• Hyouzou likes this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

#25 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:08 PM

@Shin

My character is a musician, but there's no skill category for that kind of thing like there is cooking/medicine.  Wat do. 

Edited by Damanos, 13 February 2015 - 07:08 PM.

TwjBrPX.png

#26 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

@Shin

My character is a musician, but there's no skill category for that kind of thing like there is cooking/medicine.  Wat do. 

Probably just make that skill on your own, with the same benefits and balancing.

#27 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:47 PM

So we can gain new skill points, can we gain new skills?

Yeah, you can gain new skills. You aren't locked into what you pick at the start.

Can we make our own Skills, if some things aren't represented in your list?

I probably need an example of what you had in mind. I tried to be sort of basic with my skills, but I wouldn't have a problem adding more for players who want to build their character a little differently. Probably just run your skill idea by me first so I can adjust it any if I need to.

@Shin

I thought about adding music, but then all the music characters I thought of sort of fit into other categories. Like Short Range Weapons or Paramecia DF. Though I could add a music category that would probably work a little like the Cooking and Medicine skills. Where your music skill could give buffs to yourself or other characters. I guess it depends on how you want to use music.

#28 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:49 PM

Well, Brook uses it to put people to sleep or to hypnotize them, so it could very well be used as buffs or skills.

#29 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:55 PM

@Hyouzou

True, but if your character uses an instrument, like a violin, it would be looked at as a Short Range or Long Range Weapon depending on how you use it.

• Hyouzou likes this

#30 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,237 posts

User's Awards

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:04 PM

Though I could add a music category that would probably work a little like the Cooking and Medicine skills. Where your music skill could give buffs to yourself or other characters. I guess it depends on how you want to use music.

That's pretty much what I had in mind, yeah.

Edited by Damanos, 13 February 2015 - 08:05 PM.

TwjBrPX.png

#31 Shin

Shin

Ultimate Survivor

• Moderators
  • 1,368 posts
  • LocationUnder a bridge

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:12 PM

That's pretty much what I had in mind, yeah.

Okay, I'll just go ahead and add a Music skill since it won't be that difficult. It will sort of be a mix between Weapons and Medicine/Cooking.

• DaEvilWithin, Damanos and Alberio like this

#32 Alberio

Alberio

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:46 PM

If it makes you feel any better, I plan to make a surgeon in a Revolutionary group heading towards the NW, partially to keep tabs on how the Navy is doing there / manipulate things if they can.  Silent may or may not be joining me for that if it flies / all makes sense by the time I'm done here, but at least you might not be a "pirates are here? eff that we're going after those guys" target. lol

EDIT: In other words, time to have fun playing an increased cat and mouse. ;) To be fair there are bounty hunters as is you could work with / reach out to so I suppose it isn't all bad.

Edited by Alberio, 13 February 2015 - 09:09 PM.

• Raiden likes this

#33 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 02:24 AM

Nope, you have to say ''so many males, guess I have to join Fulmine in the harem of Sir Crocodile''. One Piece is sexist and we have to fix that :glare:

Fulmine, a question about your character. You mention Qi / Ki / Chi a lot but this concept does not exist in One Piece. Is it a subjective force?

I don't understand the phrase ''subjective force''...

What does not exist? :mellow:  Qi is just a Chinese name for life energy/strength in the body and everyone has it and all martial arts make use of it (even brawlers like Luffy cause everyone needs strength to fight hand-to-hand combat, just that martial artists have a unique systematic way to use their body). The only difference is just the output (how one's ki is manifested) aka special effect of one's martial art. Shouldn't be a problem since Oda created martial arts like Hapou Navy's Hasshouken or Fishman Karate whose output is shockwave or Sanji's leg techniques whose output is fire (though theoretically anyone with strong legs can spin and do that) or Lao G's Jioken whose output is young muscle coming back etc.

It's just that Oda does not use the word ki. Basically just think of my character as a martial artist like any of the above with her palm moves (like Sanji uses legs) and her special effect is the hot/cold energy she can diss out (like Fishman Karate with shockwave).

Any chance you're thinking of Dragon Ball's ki blast? We're not at that level yet :xD: Otherwise even Admirals are fodders.

Also, just something I found funny (no ill intent, of course) - that her fighting style revolves around being very accurate and gracious, but she is described in the weakness section as clumsy.

You didn't read carefully. I specifically stated that it's only once per day. So except for that one time, she's great to go. It's only through super bad ''luck'' that that one time happens when she is fighting :laugh:

Besides even carelessness has different types. After all it's not weird to see some useless husbands who break dishes all the time when helping their wives but are competent martial arts. My character most of the time knows enough to fight only after she already has that one time (want to put some p****d joke here but...)

Oh, thanks. Fixed it.

so now he's...2 years before the War?

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#34 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 05:32 AM

-____-''   I wonder how many tries it'll take until I get it right.

#35 Raiden

Raiden

World Champion :3

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,664 posts
  • LocationAt the Top of the Football World

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:32 AM

Fulmine, a question about your character. You mention Qi / Ki / Chi a lot but this concept does not exist in One Piece. Is it a subjective force? Also, just something I found funny (no ill intent, of course) - that her fighting style revolves around being very accurate and gracious, but she is described in the weakness section as clumsy.

It doesn't really matter^^ After all Oda himself introduced Hasshoken also first after the timeskip and that pretty late after it on top of that. So there is really no problem of creating new "concepts" (btw I also already had a character that used the Ki concept in another OP RP, he was awesome, but I don't think I will use him for this one), they just weren't used so far in OP or are very rare.

Nope, you have to say ''so many males, guess I have to join Fulmine in the harem of Sir Crocodile''. One Piece is sexist and we have to fix that :glare:

I don't understand the phrase ''subjective force''...

What does not exist? :mellow:  Qi is just a Chinese name for life energy/strength in the body and everyone has it and all martial arts make use of it (even brawlers like Luffy cause everyone needs strength to fight hand-to-hand combat, just that martial artists have a unique systematic way to use their body). The only difference is just the output (how one's ki is manifested) aka special effect of one's martial art. Shouldn't be a problem since Oda created martial arts like Hapou Navy's Hasshouken or Fishman Karate whose output is shockwave or Sanji's leg techniques whose output is fire (though theoretically anyone with strong legs can spin and do that) or Lao G's Jioken whose output is young muscle coming back etc.

It's just that Oda does not use the word ki. Basically just think of my character as a martial artist like any of the above with her palm moves (like Sanji uses legs) and her special effect is the hot/cold energy she can diss out (like Fishman Karate with shockwave).

Any chance you're thinking of Dragon Ball's ki blast? We're not at that level yet :xD: Otherwise even Admirals are fodders.

You didn't read carefully. I specifically stated that it's only once per day. So except for that one time, she's great to go. It's only through super bad ''luck'' that that one time happens when she is fighting :laugh:

Besides even carelessness has different types. After all it's not weird to see some useless husbands who break dishes all the time when helping their wives but are competent martial arts. My character most of the time knows enough to fight only after she already has that one time (want to put some p****d joke here but...)

Sorry, I play only male characters^^ 

President and Founder of the Roronoa Zoro Fanclub

Zoro_02.png

Spoiler

#36 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 06:57 AM

Sorry, I play only male characters^^ 

Disappointed!!!

1 more time at least, cause now Crozier is ...1 year before the War?

#37 Srki

Srki

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 969 posts
  • LocationSerbia

Posted 14 February 2015 - 07:41 AM

I could play either gender, but i'd have to make new personality from scratch if i were to make female char.

Also, all these fire-resistant people.  :xD:

#38 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,928 posts

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:14 AM

Also, all these fire-resistant people. :xD:

Mine is resistant to coldness, too, haha.

I told you. Flame is not good :lol:

And seems like I'm the most detailed when it comes to fighting style and ship. People has only a few lines.

@Hyouzou: you pick an already-used DF?

Edited by Fulmine, 14 February 2015 - 10:07 AM.

#39 RathyOro

RathyOro

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationDirecting armies

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

From what I have read all you have to do is add, "several months since, and a couple months after the battle of Marineford", something along those lines towards the end of your background and that should put you within the timeframe of the rp.

"Why would you pick a fight with me? You have no chance of winning."

9HhsmrC.jpg

#40 Oben

Oben

Dead On Arrival

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,246 posts

User's Awards

Posted 14 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

1 more time at least, cause now Crozier is ...1 year before the War?

:psyduck: Now I get really confused. This is how I have it:

17 at the start (9 years pre-TS)

5 years on the sea (until 4 years pre-TS) → arrives at W7

1 year there (until 3 years pre-TS)

2 years until he gets his fruit (until 1 year pre TS)

1 year since then. → Around the TS.

What is wrong there exactly?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users