• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 01:35 PM

Akumetsu

Batoto | MU | MAL

Akumetsu%20v01c02%20-%20074.png

Synopsis:
Nagasawa Shiina is just an average 3rd year high school student until her parents' company goes bankrupt. In order to pay the bills, she sells herself into prostitution. At her first job, a mysterious masked man crashes the party... and it's someone she knows.

Akumetsu is the story of Shou, a vigilante that's out trying to straighten the corrupt Japanese Government through terrorism with his "One man, One kill" code of action.

Why You Should Read This:

This is one of the most hilarious and over-the-top mangas i have read up to this point, yet at its core, it is fundamentally serious, just like the main character himself basically, and it tackles a topic that could not be more contemporary: the corruption within the system.

Superficially, Akumetsu can be read as an entertaining vigilante manga surrounding the protagonist Shou who uses a mysterious power to kill everyone who he deems evil in the most gruesome ways he can think of. This alone makes reading the manga worthwhile since, putting the moral issues aside, Akumetsu himself and the way he passes those judgments on the corrupt is most of the time so creative and extreme that you can not help but feel entertained, though admittedly, if you only read it in that capacity, it might get too wordy sometimes.

Beyond that though, it reveals the most fundamental problems within the Japanese system, sometimes too one-sidedly of course, while presenting a moral dilemma: What would you do if you had the chance to punish all those elites that do not give a shit about the population and the common citizen?

• Tokoya, Fulmine, ramz91 and 2 others like this

qhz8b56l.png

#2 Ren-san

Ren-san

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:03 PM

Sounds interesting. 

I will look into it later this weekend. 

Thanks for sharing.

15871545849_286028ae7d_o.jpg

#3 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,633 posts

Posted 28 February 2015 - 10:55 AM

An action Death Note?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#4 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 04 March 2015 - 10:32 PM

I read around five chapters. It's really entertaining even if I'm not a fan of the art style.

I'll put it on THE LIST. Right after Spirit Circle.

#5 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 04 March 2015 - 11:17 PM

I really liked this when it was out. While I have finished the series, I cant really comment on anything, since all I remember is I liked the series... And that end...

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users