Photo

[Anime] Kara no Kyoukai (The Garden of Sinners)

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:36 PM

Kara no Kyoukai

ANN | MAL

A7472-1335008278.1409473700.jpg

Spoiler Posters of Each Movie

Synopsis:
Mikiya Kokuto finds himself intrigued by two things. The first is by Shiki Ryougi a beautiful, yet rather unsociable, girl and the other is the strange series of violent deaths that start occuring in his town. As he attempts to get closer to Shiki, he soon learns that the two are connected and that there are many supernatural forces at work which could very likely get him killed as well.

Why You Should Watch This:
Well boys and girls, time has come for me to unleash my TYPE-MOON fanboism, and there's no series more fitting than the seven movies that marked the start of the Type-MOON X ufotable love affair. Kara no Kyoukai is composed of seven movies that focus on the story of Shiki Ryougi and the people around her. It's dark and supernatural, with some suspense and good action here and there. My biggest attraction to this series and TYPE-MOON series in general tend to be the atmosphere. The music, colors, and the theme all blends together to create a dark and surreal world with couple interesting powers. Each of the female cast is quite enjoyable and interesting, although our male protagonist himself feels a bit lacking (but that is kind of the point of his character).

Overall, it's a great series to dive yourself into the TYPE-MOON world and if you happen to like it, make sure to check our others!

Edited by ruggia, 25 February 2015 - 07:36 PM.

#2 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 February 2015 - 07:39 PM

Someone convince me I should get over my TYPE-MOON hate and watch this?

@ShinmenTakezo

#3 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,872 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:20 PM

@ShinmenTakezo

You've never seen this..........What are you stupid? Lol

Dude, this series was AMAZING (As a whole that is)

Some of the films are weaker than the others but the narrative is still good....I HIGHLY recommend that you watch it 

Watch the epilogue, side story films and the sequel film too

Edited by Tokoya, 25 February 2015 - 11:23 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#4 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:25 PM

Ruggia, are you kidding me or something? I wanted to post this this weekend, no joke.

@ShinmenTakezo

If you like riddles and subtlety when watching something, then this is it.

qhz8b56l.png

#5 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,872 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:28 PM

Ruggia, are you kidding me or something? I wanted to post this this weekend, no joke.

Do LoTGH instead =P

Edited by Tokoya, 25 February 2015 - 11:28 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#6 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:28 PM

You've never seen this..........What are you stupid? Lol

Dude, this series was AMAZING (As a whole that is)

Some of the films are weaker than the others but the narrative is still good....I HIGHLY recommend that you watch it 

Watch the epilogue, side story films and the sequel film too

If you like riddles and subtlety when watching something, then this is it.

I've heard nothing but good things but I hate TYPE-MOON/Nasuverse. I guess I'll give it a go soon, but I'll end up being heavily critical.

#7 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:30 PM

I've heard nothing but good things but I hate TYPE-MOON/Nasuverse. I guess I'll give it a go soon, but I'll end up being heavily critical.

Tell me what you hate about it and i can tell you whether KnK is something for you

qhz8b56l.png

#8 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,872 posts

User's Awards

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:31 PM

Explain to me why  you hate it so much :lmao:

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#9 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,613 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:34 PM

It's not a rational hate. I read F/SN and found it lackluster but the fanbase for that series is crazy annoying. Almost as bad as Monogatari fans.

I'm not too much of a fan of the character design or pacing, but Fate/Zero wasn't bad so...

I'll try and watch it this weekend and give my input.

#10 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:48 PM

It's not a rational hate. I read F/SN and found it lackluster but the fanbase for that series is crazy annoying. Almost as bad as Monogatari fans.

I'm not too much of a fan of the character design or pacing, but Fate/Zero wasn't bad so...

I'll try and watch it this weekend and give my input.

If i am being totally hoenst, F/SN is by far my least favorite TYPEMOON title, so i can understand your annoyance in that regard but KnK is the best of the adaptions for me. The LNs were less polished, it was Naru´s first title after all, but he mostly fixed that in the movies.

Like ruggia said, the atmosphere is phenomenal, that alone would be noteworthy, but i hardly encountered a piece of media that required so much from its audience. I have seen many people all the years who had problems understanding what´s going on and what some characters are talking about because sometimes it is intentionally cryptic about things (which led to people calling it pretentious sometimes, but trust me, it all makes sense if you are invested enough to figure things out) but more importantly, it requires the audience to know about basic taoism and existentialism to fully understanding the intended narrative and message.

• DaEvilWithin and Tokoya like this

qhz8b56l.png

#11 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:57 PM

I do know basic taoism but existentialism...is wikipedia an enough read?

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#12 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 25 February 2015 - 11:59 PM

I do know basic taoism but existentialism...is wikipedia an enough read?

Yeah, it´s enough but you know, most people would not even read wikipedia in order to understand "entertainment" B)

qhz8b56l.png

#13 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:34 AM

Yeah, it´s enough but you know, most people would not even read wikipedia in order to understand "entertainment" B)

Well, surprisingly I'm not at all lazy when it comes to reading for entertainment even though I'm the no.1 disciple of SlothGod (though from what I read Damanos can give me a run for money).

But it's nice to know there is Taoism. I rarely see that in manga/anime (maybe surface-ish ideas but not much explored)

Holy fucking mother of God, music by Kalafina? One more goddamn huge reason for me to watch this.

#14 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:44 AM

My entry into Type-Moon was DEEN's F/SN. I HATED it. I liked Archer and concept of UBW, but Shiro was too damn annoying. Then this combined with Tsukihime manga did the trick and now I'm stuck in nasuverse

#15 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:55 AM

I'm confused with the watching order...on kissanime it does not say the name of the movie but only number 1-7, remix and epilogue. is that the right order?

#16 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 750 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 01:25 AM

I'm confused with the watching order...on kissanime it does not say the name of the movie but only number 1-7, remix and epilogue. is that the right order?

More or less. The order isn't really chronological so you will definitely get confused on what's going on for the 1st movie. That said, I don't think watching it in actual chronological order is the right experience either.

:rolleyes: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

#17 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,872 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2015 - 02:37 AM

The seris is meant to be watch in that order.

When you're done watch, Mirai Fukuin extra chorus, then the epilogue and then watch Mirai Fukuin (Which is the sequel film)

Remix is just films 1-7 compiled into one

Edited by Tokoya, 26 February 2015 - 02:38 AM.

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#18 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,491 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 03:12 AM

I don't see any Mirai Fukuin on kissanime

#19 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,872 posts

User's Awards

Posted 26 February 2015 - 08:59 AM

I don't see any Mirai Fukuin on kissanime

Extra Chorus
http://kissanime.com...in-extra-chorus

Mirai Fukuin
http://kissanime.com...ai-Mirai-Fukuin
  • Fulmine likes this

iWo0nCc.gif

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#20 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,276 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 09:23 AM

Well, surprisingly I'm not at all lazy when it comes to reading for entertainment even though I'm the no.1 disciple of SlothGod (though from what I read Damanos can give me a run for money).

But it's nice to know there is Taoism. I rarely see that in manga/anime (maybe surface-ish ideas but not much explored)

Holy fucking mother of God, music by Kalafina? One more goddamn huge reason for me to watch this.

So you like Kalafina huh? Good man, Yuki Kajiura is what makes them shine though, she is the real goddess

• Fulmine likes this

qhz8b56l.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users