#41 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:00 AM

@Damanos @Tale @DaEvilWithin

As John gave Oz his response he noticed the singing fishman from before riding a water torrent high up in the air while heading towards them at high speed, only to drop right next to them when he reached their location.

"Damn.  Looks like you won this one, bro.  I'm not complaining through, my fight was fun as hell.  How was the swordsman?  Looks like he proved himself too if you two are just talking."

„Gyohohohoho !” Laughed John and clapped his hands in excitement, crashing his right foot into the ground with such force that it shook his surroundings, causing the earth to crack and crumble beneath him.

„The entertainer has returned ! Sing for us again friend of this brave warrior, for our battle was filled with joy and excitement, though it ended too soon for one to be called the victor !” He said while grinning at the fishman, obviously excited at the prospect of listening a song that would do justice to his fight with Oz.

The fishman’s appearance distracted his attention from the approaching thunderbird, and he once again took note of his presence when Ukkonen graciously landed in their vicinity. To his surprise the mythical beast changed it’s form into that of a man, and adressed him and others that up to that point John had completely ignored, while crossing his hands.

“I think some introductions are in order”

„Strong !” Is what his presence conveyed to John. „Another strong one !” He thought and again his fighting spirit started to burn inside him.

My name is John ! John Little, Head of the Clan Little ! The mightiest warriors of Elbaf as far as the history remembers, peerless both in stature and strength ! I welcome the presence of one chosen by the God of Thunder !”

• DaEvilWithin and Damanos like this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#42 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

What You Need

• Moderators
  • 12,614 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:17 PM

@Sanji @Damanos @Tale @Joey

"I’ll give you my sword in exchange for this journey, and I shall crush those that deny Thor’s might, but my pride has no price and there’s none I will call my leader."

"Brohohohoho! I would expect no less of a fighter of your caliber. I will not force you to serve the Messiah against your will. In time everyone recognizes the Messiah's divine right."

Ukkonen's characteristic thunder roared behind him and Oz turned to see the thunder god flying above a mangrove, searching for his prey. Does someone dare challenge the Messiah? Such foolishness. He prepared to leap to the thunder god's aid, but stopped when he saw Sagara speeding towards him on a spout of water. When the spout reached Oz, the rockstar jumped down, slung his guitar on his back, and addressed him.

"Damn.  Looks like you won this one, bro.  I'm not complaining through, my fight was fun as hell.  How was the swordsman?  Looks like he proved himself too if you two are just talking."

Oz patted John's shoulder. "He definitely proved himself in battle. I haven't met someone who could take that much punishment since... well, since, you, Sagara. You two should spar when you have the chance."

The Fishman glanced over to where a young looking pirate was making a scene nearby.  "Uh... What does the kid over there want?" Oz shrugged in response. "I've never seen him before. Have you?"

"Oh wait, I know!  You're that rookie, aren't you...?  The... Maroon Deuce.  Yes, that's it."  The fishman nodded with certainty.  "It's good to see how spirited the youth can be, but you're a bit too young to be traveling with us.  I bet Oz would still be willing to induct you into his religion though.  OI, OZ!"  Sagara yelled over his shoulder to the fellow Pandemonium Pirate.  

"I think this Maroon Deuce kid wants to join the church or something!" 

Oz's eyes lit up and any exhaustion that had washed over him was blasted away by excitement. "Y-you want to join the Church of Eneru?! How great! How glorious! How WONDERFUL!" Oz put a hand to his face and tears streamed down his cheeks. "For a youth such as you to already acknowledge the greatness of Eneru and the Messiah... I am overjoyed. To think the mere sight of Ukkonen-sama had such dazzling effect!" He wiped his tears and looked stern into the new recruit's eyes.

"There are no formal inductions into the Church of Eneru. All that is asked of you is to keep God in your mind and the Messiah in your heart. Nevertheless! You must act as if your every movement reflects upon your holy Saviors. In this respect your current self is unsatisfactory. The 'Maroon Deuce' does not strike fear in the hearts of sinners and your presence pales in comparison to the likes of the swordsman I have just fought. No, you are still too young to fight for the Church. Go back to training young acolyte, and with piety and determination people will soon fear you as the Maroon Flash! How does that sound? To join the likes of Sagara and I as Ukkonen-sama's Thunderbolts?"

Behind him, Ukkonen had landed and transformed back into a human. Oz bowed with deep respect. "O Great Messiah, let your humble servant thank thee for gracing him with your presence." He stayed bowed until the Messiah spoke, “I think some introductions are in order".

"Of course, Great One. I will let your gracious followers introduce themselves."

My name is John ! John Little, Head of the Clan Little ! The mightiest warriors of Elbaf as far as the history remembers, peerless both in stature and strength ! I welcome the presence of one chosen by the God of Thunder !”

Elbaf? This man is a giant? But he is so... little. Maybe I shouldn't have hit him so many times.

• Sanji, Damanos, diezdragon and 1 other like this

#43 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 25 April 2015 - 06:47 AM

The Science Pirates
The Dean - Dr. Nemo Ishmael
Shakky's Rip-Off Bar

"'Am I strong?", he frowned and puffed at his pipe to wash away the taste of the words.

"Pray what kind of a question is that? A coward's query that's what it is! An attitude that might well have worked for you here in Paradise, boy, but questions like that are liable to get you killed in the New World...  or worse, kill your very heart. Almost killed mine."

"But let it pass, I don't begrudge a man his honor from fear or running away, for I used to be that man. Run then, if you can. But am I strong? Well I'll leave my deeds be the judge of that!"  

"As for you, navy dog." he said turning to sneer at the commodore, "You may have no business with me, but I have with you. A question of mine own, but leave that for later- after I satisfy."

With that, he pressed forward again with a strong left punch which the commodore dodged to the side with ease just like before. This time, the enemy smiled as he prepared a counter as sure to end the arrogant cyborg as it was to reduce the most enduring rock to powder. But the pirate's attack was no greeting like his first attack was, it was an attack of subtlety. 

"Swiss Arm: Crowbar!"

A heavy steel harpoon shot away from his cyborg arm with powerful hydraulic force. Using this momentum, he moved from a punch to an elbow attack. But the navy man was fast as well as strong, guarding against the attack and barely managing to catch the Dean with a kick of his own, sending him crashing to a tree.

"Tsk." Nemo said, smarting from the kick, reduced in force as it was. This was an enemy he can't take lightly. But before he could sufficiently recover Cobalt was rushing him again.

"Swiss Arm: Torch!"

Using Cobalt's hesitation and the flame as cover, he managed to back away towards his original starting position. He smiled as blood started to leak from his mouth. 'A rib or some broken just from a glancing touch, and down 2 tobacco already'. 

"Where's that ringing coming from? What did you do to me, Doctor?!"

"Hey, kid, you still there?" Nemo said, addressing the raggedy pirate whilst keeping an eye on the enemy. "I've hit him with my Verschlag, just need another clean hit to complete my attack, a distraction sure would be convenient- if you haven't run away that is."

@Hyouzou

Edited by Lone_ant, 25 April 2015 - 04:42 PM.

#44 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 28 April 2015 - 11:44 AM

»Jazz«

The old man was strong. Most likely a lot stronger than Jazz himself, anyhow. He looked like he could be a match for Cobalt, who easily overpowered Jazz. But now the young pirate was starting to feel offended by both of these monsters. He wanted his share of badassery, too. He couldn't afford to be outshone by a pipe-smoking cyborg and a Marine starving for battle, lest his ego take a serious hit. 

Suddenly, the metallic man started talking with his back turned to Jazz, waking him up from his day dreaming. A distraction would be convenient. Jazz scoffed in reply. 

"I'll show you convenient, Pipes", Jazz proclaimed and drew his sword from his back, taking a few steps forward toward Cobalt. That felt badass, Jazz thought. Jazz leapt toward Cobalt with his sword ready to strike, but as he came within slicing-range, he immediately regretted his approach. Cobalt fell to the ground, dodging underneath Jazz's jump-and-slice, and struck the ground hard with one of his arms, with enough strength to basically submerge his whole arm up to the shoulder in the soil. 

As Jazz landed on the other side of Cobalt, he felt the ground move underneath him. "Seismic—"

»Cobalt«

This was the real extent of the Commodore's strength. He had earned the nickname Rockslide through his fighting style, where he ripped boulders from underground and caused actual earthquakes through his attacks, leaving the battle site looking like a rocket hit it, uprooting every tree and turning the very ground upside-down. 

"—Uppercut!", Cobalt ripped his arm through the ground like an uppercut punch, taking the very ground with it, sending rocks and dirt flying upwards like a geyser of soil, aimed right at the Dean himself, Dr. Nemo Ishmael, completely ignoring Jazz, the pirate, who was on the other side of the attack. 

The young vagabond made himself noticed, however, when he literally jumped on Cobalt, attempting to wrestle him into submission, grasping at his head as if he was putting him in a headlock, but Cobalt grabbed his shirt and pulled him off his back, throwing him hard against the upturned ground in front of him. Jazz coughed and let go of Cobalt, evidently feeling the impact, but Cobalt wanted to finish it right then and there, with another ground-shattering attack.

"Fissure Chop!"

With a mighty chop at the ground, Cobalt split the very earth itself in front of him, opening up a crevice filled with nothing but darkness, which Jazz quickly found himself falling into. He stabbed the side of the ravine with his sword, and used it as a foothold to jump back up again. But of course, the superior Cobalt was ready for that, jumping into the air to greet him.

"Meteor Lariat!"

Cobalt swung his arm, hitting Jazz's neck with his upper arm mid-swing, sending him down the ravine with a skull-rattling Crash. Jazz attempted to get on his feet immediately after hitting the earth below, coughing up blood, but the pain in his back and throat from the lariat move made him too dizzy to even stand. He looked up toward the brightness above, and saw Cobalt's silhouette reaching over the crevice with either hand.

"Bye Bye, Vagabond", the Marine mocked, before using his immense strength to slam the sides of the ravine into each other, either crushing or trapping the vagabond pirate deep inside the ground for good.

Cobalt faced the Dean, yet again, and cleaned his muddy hands with a white handkerchief hanging out of his pants pocket.

"Now, where were we?"

@Lone_ant

Edited by Hyouzou, 28 April 2015 - 01:24 PM.

#45 diezdragon

diezdragon

Protagonist of Life

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts
  • LocationJapan

User's Awards

Posted 28 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

@Tale @DaEvilWithin @Sanji @Damanos

"I think some introductions are in order," the captain of the Pandemonium pirates asked. Ankoushi knew little about the man, or the crew for that matter, other than their massive bounties. The crew seemed impressive though, and Ankoushi assumed they would have no problems reaching Fishman Island. 

As the man claiming to be a giant introduced himself, Ankoushi nodded patiently. He felt hesitation about introducing himself to the man who apparently was the head of a church or something. Humans were often filled with haughtiness and condescending thoughts even without having a position of power. But Sagara was a fishman and apparently still a member of the crew. And was the Pandemonium even human? He had what appeared to be wings on his back. As another part of Ankoushi's brain questioned the logic in stereotyping humans as a part of his quest to bring about equality to the world, Ankoushi took a step forward and fell to his knees before Ukkonen. It was simply easier that way.

"I am Ankoushi, ex-commodore of the Marines. I currently have a bounty of 63 million beri. I do not know anything about your religion or customs, other than that my fellow fishman brother has chosen to make you, sir, the object of his loyalty."

As Ankoushi was introducing himself, he was still brimming with doubt. Where do I want to go? My dream, although impossible, is what I want to achieve, but how? Is Raftel really it?

"I swear to loyally serve on your vessel until we reach Fishman Island if you accept me, and maybe even after that, depending on..."

Ankoushi bit his lip. When he spoke again, his voice was weaker, more hesitating; yet filled with genuine wonder. Although it was more of a tap for confirmation than anything else, and he was fully aware of that. But not having anyone to really confirm your beliefs for years was disheartening.

"Say, captain sir. What do you think would be the best way to go about bringing a change to the entire world?"

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji and Damanos like this

Fool's gold can always buy a fool's services.

Spoiler Retired fool quotes

Spoiler Overcome

#46 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Ace

"Maroon deuce...." Ace was called many things in his life but that had to be the first time he heard that word. The more time he spent around the group of pirates the more he disliked them. The captain did some serious brainwashing on the crew, to praise a man without question was a terrible life to live. The fish would be the first, yes... a fist would knock out all the nonsense that was stuffed inside his. 

"There are no formal inductions into the Church of Eneru. All that is asked of you is to keep God in your mind and the Messiah in your heart. Nevertheless! You must act as if your every movement reflects upon your holy Saviors. In this respect your current self is unsatisfactory. The 'Maroon Deuce' does not strike fear in the hearts of sinners and your presence pales in comparison to the likes of the swordsman I have just fought. No, you are still too young to fight for the Church. Go back to training young acolyte, and with piety and determination people will soon fear you as the Maroon Flash! How does that sound? To join the likes of Sagara and I as Ukkonen-sama's Thunderbolts?"

"Is this guy serious....?" Ace said with a puzzled look on his face. They were more crazier than he heard and he heard that the crew had a few screws loose. The moment the captain landed pirates started to praise his name and declared him as a real god. Taking a look around at all the people awe struck by the "god" Ace shook his head, and stared at the guy who declared him weak. Without saying a word to the guy Ace flicked a bugger at the guy and continued to dig up his nose. The whole situation was joke and did nothing but waste time for both parties. The moment he found the biggest booger in his nose he started to speak to the guy. "I don't bow to men, or false gods." 

With his finger pointed towards the god a smirk formed on his face." The religion you teach is no better than the thing I have on my finger." The moment he stopped speaking red sparks danced around his legs and smirked fell from his face as quickly as it formed. "Super Charge.......Speed" The distance that was between him and the "god" had disappeared in an instant and he held his finger back out. With a flick his finger was back to being clean so he turned to walk away from the crew. "You dont care about things that get discarded daily."

Edited by Joey, 07 May 2015 - 04:54 PM.

#47 Oben

Oben

Disneyland was an Inside Job

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,554 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 May 2015 - 07:10 AM

Sabaody Archipelago
Wandering around the island | Shakky's Ripoff Bar | Grove 65
Late Afternoon

During his march across the island, Crozier had time to think, and he came to the conclusion that he'd need to upgrade his arsenal. My bullets didn't even reach Ukkonen, he thought. They just sizzled away in the lightning. What should I do if there are more guys like him? And if I have to fight them to death at some point? In a fit of misery, Crozier shook his head about the pity, but he knew that he had to do something. With my Devil Fruit, I don't need stronger bullets, he wagered, but I need to make sure that they reach their target and land a hit.

He thought some more, when suddenly, the noise of a fight reached his ears. He wasn't in a mood to participate, so he just looked at the combat - a Marine was beating up two pirates. The fight was high class – oh, the Marine took down one of them, broke up the earth and dropped the pirate into it – and the second pirate... the second was not even human in appearance, but half a machine. Crozier had heard rumors about cyborgs on Water 7, but this was the first time he ever saw one in action. It was fabulous.

After passing some further groves, Crozier met the salesman that advocated the bird-route soon after. The poor man was sitting in a tiny office, dust everywhere, and was apparently expecting anything but a customer.

"Greetings, good Sir. My name is Franklin Crozier, and I am very interested in your birds", Crozier said. "I want to fly over the Red Line."
"Are you serious?", asked the salesman without even replying to the greeting, and obviously in shock. "Nobody has ever taken that route so far! Bringing this business to Sabaody has been the worst idea since whale-fat flavored cookies!"
"So you are not offering it anymore?"
"Well... we do, but..."
"Then I want to settle it. Your birds will drag the ship of my captain, a hulled frigate, over the Red Line."
"That... amazing... who is your captain again?"
"Santiago Nelson."
"Nelson... Nelson The Lumberjack?"
"The one and only. If he safely crosses the Line, the whole world will hear about your business."
"I... I... of course... I will need technical details..."
"It would be best if you could visit our ship. Out of curiosity, how exactly do we fly?"
"We... we will use eight giant condors from Canas... they will be placed around the ship in different positions, and connected to a sturdy steel corset we'll put around your frigate – the method has been used many times on Canas, and the birds are used to it."
"That sounds amazing. I will be looking forward to it. Can you follow me, or do you have other business to attend?"
"I will follow you!" The salesman paused, and then said: "Tolstoi Bligh, that is my name. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Crozier."

Back at the ship, when Crozier explained his plan, Rooke started to laugh maniacally and taunted the crew for quite a while. Nelson was happy with the plan (mostly because he was drunk), and while some of the sailors voiced concern, they decided to take the route.

[OOC] Yes, I realize that I'm gloating over the dialogue and implications way too fast, but I want to move, so I kept it short ^^

Edited by Oben, 27 May 2015 - 04:01 PM.

• Lone_ant likes this

#48 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 11 May 2015 - 08:44 AM

The Science Pirates

Shakky's Rip-Off Bar

Dr. Nemo watched as his battle companion charged bravely against the enemy. Valiantly, he sought to keep the truth of his words and acquitted himself well against any charges of cowardice or perjury. But the opponent proved too overpowering and Jazz quickly found himself quite literally six-feet under. The marine faced his last remaining opponent, but the captain of the science pirates was not one to waste such an opportunity as Jazz created. He was busy studying the man's movements, ingesting tobacco, and his cyborg arm readying a powerful blow.

"Now where were we-?"

As Cobalt turned around, pent-up tobacco energy was converted to generate electromagnetic energy, accelerating Nemo towards the marine at extremely high speeds-

"Geschossschlag!"

-to deliver a powerful surprise blow that staggered the enemy back a few feet.

'Damn, I need to follow up now with the decisive blow, but that kid might suffocate underground.... ack to hell with it.'

"Damn it kid, I said give me a distraction, not bloody die!" Quickly, he scanned the ground under his feet to find out how best to help Jazz, using his engineering acumen to pinpoint a vital spot in the ground structure. It helped that the ground was just split mere moments ago, making analysis easy and the ground structure weak.

"Hertzfahrer!" A quick succession of two punches sent vibrating soliton waves underground towards the spot, resulting in a controlled explosion and nudging the ground into an unstable state to partially re-open the fissure. "You there? Don't die on me and climb u-"

"Meteor Lariat!" Cobalt had not been idle and regained his footing, taking the opportunity to attack the Dean from the back and sending him flying hard into a Mangrove tree.  "The Vagabond is gone. I'd worry about myself if I were you." Nemo attempted to stand right back up, but the blow had broken one of his legs, sending him back on the ground. "Damn.. " 'If I could only complete my Hertzfahrer in him...' The Marine smiled as he began to walk towards the cyborg pirate, beginning to savor what was to come...

@Hyouzou

Edited by Lone_ant, 11 May 2015 - 08:52 AM.

#49 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:24 PM

@Sanji @DaEvilWithin

As Ukkonen waited for the fighters to present themselves after Oz motioned for them to approach, he was assaulted by the variety of feelings and responses coming from the crowd. Some people were agitated, others were relieved that the fighting had stopped, and some others seemed intensely interested in the proceedings. He was used to being in this position, and his haki had always served him in anticipating whether a crowd would react positively or skeptically to something he said.

A tall, muscle-bound man with long black hair approached him. Ukkonen was wary, for the man's fighting spirit seemed excited, and someone who had fought earned Oz's respect had to be worthy of his respect as well. "My name is John! John Little, Head of the Clan Little! The mightiest warriors of Elbaf as far as the history remembers, peerless both in stature and strength! I welcome the presence of one chosen by the God of Thunder !"

"I did not know the warriors of Elbaf acknowledged the Lord Eneru," Ukkonen said. "Welcome, my brother in faith. Forgive me, but I have to ask. How are you peerless in stature among the giants of Elbaf, John Little?"

Edited by Tale, 19 May 2015 - 02:24 PM.

• DaEvilWithin, Fulmine and YoWid like this

#50 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 03:04 PM

@Tale

John scratched his head in confusion for a couple of seconds, and then suddenly started laughing and replied

„Gyohohohoho ! My size is deceiving indeed ! I ate a fruit you see, one cursed by the devil of the sea. I was but a pup back then, and i suddenly found myself as tiny as a pebble among my peers. Make no mistake though, my heart is that of a giant, and not just any giant, that of a Little ! My father and grandfather appeared as giants among giants, not just in size but in everything else as well. We Little’s think big, talk big and dream big, but not once could any warrior of Elbaf say that we did not measure up to our oaths or ambitions !

xGzqj0x.gif

#51 Hyouzou

Hyouzou

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts
  • LocationFishman Island

Posted 19 May 2015 - 07:02 PM

»Jazz«

Earth. Earth everywhere, rocks digging into him from every angle. The warm, wet smell of soapy soil, sharp in his nostrils, and the darkness. The darkness and the utterly claustrophobic feeling of being deep underground. Jazz was literally buried alive. 

Suddenly, a deafening rumbling shook his body even further into confusion. None of his senses could tell him what was happening, where he was or what to do, but the sudden explosion of sound and movement hinted at a literal explosion, and Jazz's brain was lit again.

They're fighting. The Marine and the old robot man. Someone made a big move, rustled me all over. Was it Cobalt? His moves had explosive properties; he sent me twelve feet under! But it was right over me. Was it the other guy? What can he do? Maybe he fired a rocket or something.

Jazz wiggled his fingers. He was not completely unable to move, as he was previously. He wasn't buried anymore. He was now simply covered by a massive amount of rock and dirt. Which had been shaken loose. He could at least attempt digging himself out of there, while the fight was going on up above. Jazz tried to make a fist, and found a rock in his grip immediately. He tried the other hand, only dirt. He mustered his strength and tried to rise up, feeling everything move around him. This was possible. Incredibly, incredibly difficult. But possible. 

He started to regain some of his senses - felt the way gravity was working on him; he was laying on his back, making it hard to breathe, but the sudden explosion sent pockets of air his way, trapped with him in the darkness of the closed fissure. He tried to hear something. Anything. He heard how the dirt shuffled all around him when he attempted to move. He heard the ringing in his ears, his own heartbeats echoing inside of his eardrums, but nothing up above. He felt truly isolated, incarcerated in a tomb of moving earth.

But this was not Jazz's grave. This was an inconvenience. Yes. His left arm moved upwards, until he imagined it had reached as far as it could - although the pressure of the dirt all around him made it impossible for him to discern anything at all. He continued this motion, reaching up and grabbing at anything, just shuffling the earth above him until his body went numb, and then continuing. Jazz rarely felt particularly motivated to do anything in his life - but this was something else entirely. He wasn't motivated, he was pissed off. His skin was boiling due to the pain and his muscles were flattened by what he could only guess was tons of dirt, gravel and rocks above him.

»Cobalt«

The ground suddenly rustled. Cobalt turned his head, slightly, his ear pointing toward the source, his whole body pausing for a second as if to ascertain if that sound really was what he thought it was. Silence. He turned around, a little bit more, looking at the place he had buried the Vagabond. 

The cyborg had done something to the ground, sent a shock wave of some sorts. He noticed something, in the dead center of the closed fissure, the dirt was moving, trickling down into the earth. He turned, walking slowly, in disbelief, toward the draining dirt. 

"You've got to be kidding me."

A hand erupted, a dirty hand barely discernible from the rest of the dirt. It was trembling, quivering, and it slumped back. Cobalt leaned forward. That close to the surface, the Vagabond had died. The hand was clenched into a weakly fist, holding onto something. Cobalt threw a look back at the Dean, confirming to himself that the man wasn't in shape to go anywhere. He got down on one knee, easily prying open Jazz's fingers to see what he was holding onto in his last moment.

A pebble. This is a freaking rock. What did...

A sword erupted, slicing effortlessly through the topsoil and puncturing Cobalt's abdomen. The dirt all around them moved inwards as if it was being sucked into a whirlpool, and a dirty man crawled his way up through it, driving his sword further into the Marine's body. Cobalt put his hands on the man who was nowhere close to looking like Jazz anymore, pushing himself out of his reach, and landing on his knees a few feet from him. 

The Vagabond was dirty, his clothes torn and his whole body painted the same color as the upturned dirt around him. The only thing not completely dirty was his sword's blade, which was shining in the sunlight, mocking Cobalt with its power. 

"How the hell did you...", Cobalt started, holding one hand to his stomach, and the other on his knee as he stood back up. He was a tough man, surviving blow after blow, but he was on his last legs; and so was the Vagabond.

»Jazz«

Jazz said nothing. He let his actions speak loudly, and he was unsure whether he even could speak; his body ached more than he thought possible, and he wondered if his opponent could see him rattling like he felt he was.

I need to settle this, right now. I've dug my way up from my own grave, and now I'm gonna defeat the rock slide that buried me. That sounded poetic. I need to write that down later.

Jazz waved his sword out to his side, taking a few determined steps out of the crater that had formed, a sinkhole of dirt scuttling beneath his feet. At the same time, Cobalt was walking toward him, fists clenched and eyebrows tilted. With a final step, the Marine suddenly leaned forward, with one fist bent behind him in preparation for a mighty punch. At the same moment, Jazz leapt forward with his sword gripped firmly in his hands.

"Rock Slide Punch!"

Their attacks connected simultaneously, Cobalt's punch sending tremors through the ground, ripping through it like scissors through cloth, while Jazz focused all his remaining strength on a sword slash, cutting Cobalt from shoulder diagonally down to his hip. The punch hit him, although he attempted to spin around it, but it still hit his left side, and the shock wave sent him flying into the ground like a missile. Cobalt was left standing, though, panting and coughing, taking a brief look at his injury, before quietly falling down on his back, completely out cold.

Edited by Hyouzou, 20 May 2015 - 07:11 AM.

• Lone_ant likes this

#52 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 20 May 2015 - 12:48 PM

@Sanji

"And what are your ambitions, John Little? You have proven yourself more than worthy to join my crew, and I am sure you have been told that we would never refuse one who does the will of God, but someone of your caliber would not range so far from home without a goal."

#53 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

@Tale @DaEvilWithin

John’s smile disappeared. He pointed his sword at the ground, and as he dropped it, the sword sunk up to it’s hilt. "My sword is heavy you see, and my body is heavy as well. Above all though, what is heavy is my heart. You’ve seen that speech earlier, have you not ? That man, Akainu, could you tell his strength ? „Even the island of giants is too small of a place for one to measure up to that”, is what my instincts told me."

"My father was executed by the marines. Two Admirals were sent to restrain him, to bind him, to drag him into a human made cage, and then have him on his knees for the world to see how he’s slaughtered like an animal !" John shouted the last words and his eyes betrayed his rage, looking like a caged animal himself. A cage with bars made out of the absolute truth of the path he followed as a warrior, the fangs of the weak can not reach the strong. All his muscles flexing, waiting for the opening that will allow him to push through, John was one step away from going berserk when suddenly his enraged expression was replaced with that of pain and sadness. He bowed down to pick up his sword, and when his head rose to face Ukkonen he was once again smiling.

"A warriors place to die is on the battlefield. These Admirals, my sword will reach them. Be it one, ten, a hundred years from now or the last day of my life, i will stand above the might of those who denied my father the right to die as a warrior should ! As a Little should."

"I will tell you now what i told him as well." Said John while pointing at Oz. "I will walk at your side, but i will now follow. I will show you respect, but my head will not bow. My sword will be yours, and my friendship as well through our journey, but my pride has no price and there’s none that i will call my leader."

• DaEvilWithin and Damanos like this

xGzqj0x.gif

#54 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:13 PM

@Sanji @Fulmine

"Think of me not as a leader," Ukkonen said, "but as a servant of the one who is enthroned on the highest peak. I am his guiding light. Those who wish to stand on that peak follow me, for I will show them the path. And where the way would be denied to us by men like those who denied your father his rights, we shall shall open a new way. From now on, John Little, your heart and sword will never again be heavy, because I will help you carry them."

As Ukkonen finished speaking, he noticed a woman approaching. He was not one to be easily distracted by woman, but something in her manner - possibly the confidence he felt emanating from her - made him turn towards her. She smiled. "You're hot. So may we have a date in the cafe?"

Ukkonen was taken aback by her forwardness. No one ever talked to him this way. And why such an invitation of all things? No bounty hunter could expect such a suicidal ploy to work. "I believe I said introductions were in order. Who are you, lady?"

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji, Fulmine and 1 other like this

#55 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,501 posts

Posted 22 May 2015 - 02:37 PM

@Tale

''What kind of introduction are you talking about? The one we will do in the cafe or the one after that?'', Xiaosu flirted. The guy was so charismatic and attractive but at the same time gave off some feeling that he may not have much experience in this dating game and that very alluring but cute combination triggered Xiaosu's playful nature. She couldn't help teasing him. ''Also, I'm not lady. Call me Su Er (1).'' Xiaosu winked.

(1): an intimate way to call a girl in Chinese, much like -chan, I suppose.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#56 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,559 posts

Posted 23 May 2015 - 02:28 AM

@Damanos @Tale @DaEvilWithin

„Gyohohohoho ! I hope your ship is sturdy enough to cary my weight as well then ! Very well, i John Little shall walk the same path as you from here on out Ukkonen, chosen of Eneru !

As Ukkoken addressed the woman approaching him, John grinned at Oz and Sagara, and said „ A good fight and new friends to share the road ahead, twice the reason to celebrate ! Drink’s on me and our fishman friend can sing for us, so let this be our first of many celebrations of victories to come !”

Edited by Sanji, 23 May 2015 - 02:28 AM.

xGzqj0x.gif

#57 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,240 posts

User's Awards

Posted 23 May 2015 - 05:22 AM

@Sanji 

Sagara watched as his captain began addressing those who had gathered around them while Oz peppered the young pirate who had emerged from a nearby restaurant with questions and what seemed like an attempt at motivational speaking.  The woman who had been watching the ongoing battles had begun flirting openly with the captain of the Pandemonium Pirates.  The Fishman sighed.  "It was hard enough having to compete with Boss Jinbei's natural charms back in the day, is the captain going to start passively seducing all the women now too?"   

His attention was torn from the scene in front of him to the not so giant giant who had agreed to travel with them as the man spoke up.  "Hell yeah, John Little.  The name's Sagara, I heard what you said to the boss.  I can't help but admire that kind of fighting spirit, it'll be great having you aboard!"  He motioned at the guitar on his back with a grin.  "I'll prepare us a song of celebration for when we get back to the Salvation, for new comrades and new seas!"

Edited by Damanos, 23 May 2015 - 05:23 AM.

• DaEvilWithin and Sanji like this

TwjBrPX.png

#58 Tale

Tale

Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,402 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

@Fulmine

"What kind of introduction are you talking about? The one we will do in the cafe or the one after that?'' the woman said, her eyes sparkling.

Ukkonen blinked at her, surprised. He didn't sense hostile intentions, but at the same time, she couldn't possibly have been serious about her suggestion. "'Also, I'm not lady. Call me Su Er." She winked at him.

"Su Er," Ukkonen said. "An unfamiliar title for an unfamiliar face. Are you interested in joining my crew?"

Edited by Tale, 29 May 2015 - 06:08 PM.

#59 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,501 posts

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:49 PM

@Tale

The surprised expression on Ukkonen's face told Xiaosu that he was not really an experienced guy in this game. ''More solemn than I thought. That's cute.'', thought Xiaosu.

"Su Er," Ukkonen said. "An unfamiliar title for an unfamiliar face. Are you interested in joining my crew?"

Now it was Xiaosu's turn to be surprised. She didn't think they would really ask her to join the crew, much less coming from the captain's mouth. ''And what's with that ''unfamiliar'' thing?'', Xiaosu mused. But it was only for a tenth of a second, Xiaosu immediately got her playful face back. ''It's not a title. It's a passionate and intimate way to call me, you idiot. And joining your crew? Uhm..., I would prefer being alone with freedom, however I like your crew so we can keep in contact through Den Den Mushi. I will come to your side whenever you call if I can. How's that?''.

Spoiler Favorite male characters in manga/hwa/hua

#60 Lone_ant

Lone_ant

Shinninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,703 posts
  • LocationWhere I am

Posted 03 June 2015 - 10:13 AM

The Science Pirates

Shakky's Rip-Off Bar

"Damn! Don't you dare sleep on me, marine dog! Answer my query first! Silvers, the Dark King- where is he?!" Nemo bellowed at Cobalt's figure lying on the ground. But his indignation was no use, and the marine passed beyond questioning as consciousness left him.

"Sea cur-sed, seaflea bitten dirt eating pea-brained son of a whore's cuckold!" He swore while limping to retrieve his harpoon from the tree it struck. In a practiced motion, he reloaded it to his arm and and aimed the weapon at Cobalt's prone figure-

"All this effort for nothing!"

-only to lower his arm after a few moments, grumbling all the while under his breath. I need a drink. And a decent smoke.

He turned to return to bar and spied the scrawny kid who had been his comrade in arms for the fight.

"You look like dirt."

And with that he laughed a big boisterous laugh from the gut. A laugh that isn't so much laughing at something, but with the joy of the feeling of life. A laugh that shakes the cobwebs from the soul.

"Ouch.. ow. ow ow. My ribs... The names Nemo by the way, Dr. Nemo Ishmael. You wouldn't happen to be a coating engineer would you?"

Edited by Lone_ant, 03 June 2015 - 10:18 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users