Kakistocrat

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,111 posts

User's Awards

3    3    2   

Posted 04 June 2015 - 02:46 PM

@Fulmine @DaEvilWithin @Joey

Ukkonen considered the lady's offer. There didn't seem to be a catch, except possibly her, and even if there was one, it was nothing he wouldn't be able to handle. He was about to tell her how to contact him when a different sort of mind - patterned by a familiar stubbornness - caught his attention. 

"I don't bow to men, or false gods."

Ukkonen turned to see a young man - probably a boy - flicking what appeared to be a booger at Oz. The boy turned to him, having rooted another booger out of his nose, and pointed his finger at Ukkonen. 

Do not dare.

"The religion you teach is no better than the thing I have on my finger."

Are there still fools such as this in this world? Ukkonen thought. Have I not done enough to teach them to fear the wrath of God?

Red sparks appeared around the boys legs, and suddenly, he appeared close to Ukkonen. Ukkonen didn't move as the boy flicked his finger clean and started to walk away. He didn't move or speak until the boy was far away - though not far enough - and his anger had subsided. His mood brightened as swiftly as it had soured, and he smiled sardonically, remembering the irony in the boy's last words. "You don't care about things that get discarded daily."

"If you only knew that we can make even something of your filth." He turned to Oz. "Should we forgive him just this once? Or should we hasten his death and spare him from the pandemonium that will soon sweep over this island?"

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji, Fulmine and 1 other like this

#62 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 01:51 AM

@Damanos @Joey @DaEvilWithin @Tale

"Hell yeah, John Little.  The name's Sagara, I heard what you said to the boss.  I can't help but admire that kind of fighting spirit, it'll be great having you aboard!"   "I'll prepare us a song of celebration for when we get back to the Salvation, for new comrades and new seas!"

You look like a fine warrior yourself Sagara ! I’m glad to see good sparring parteners will not be in short supply through our journey. A man must live his life to the fullest ! Fight, drink, eat, sing, and sleep just enough to start over again ! Gyohohohoho, i do look forward to listening to both the tune of your guitar and that of your fists !

As John exchanged words with Sagara he also noticed that a youngster was doing the same with Oz. He didn’t really follow through with what they were saying until the young human threw his snot at Oz. John was amused and started laughing, but then the one using his mucus as a weapon said

"I don't bow to men, or false gods."  The religion you teach is no better than the thing I have on my finger." "Super Charge.......Speed" 

His last words were followed by red sparks, and it took concentration to follow his movement towards Ukkoken and see his snot throwing habit repeating on his new found target

"You dont care about things that get discarded daily."

John was no longer laughing. He approached the young human as Ukkoken turned towards Oz saying :

"Should we forgive him just this once? Or should we hasten his death and spare him from the pandemonium that will soon sweep over this island?"

He put himself between Ukkoken and Ace, and his words came as a thunder’s roar

I’d laugh off a mere pup throwing his snot around, thinking he does not know better. I’d respect one’s decision to follow his own beliefs. However, do the humans not teach their children to show respect towards anothers belief ?! Walk away, NOW !

John raised his blade and pointed at Ace’s neck.

What i’m showing you now is mercy. Respect towards the value of one’s life. Live yours and learn what respect is, and how that makes you more than an animal, or be cut down like one by my blade here and now.

Edited by Sanji, 05 June 2015 - 03:05 AM.

• Damanos likes this

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#63 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 June 2015 - 03:15 AM

Sagara continued his conversation with his new ally while idly keeping an eye on the immediate area.  Nearby, Oz was continuing to excitedly tell the younger pirate all about his religion while the strange woman continued to flirt with his captain and make some sort of deal.  Everything seemed to be going smoothly until his ears caught the sound of Oz's newest student speaking up with an edge in his tone.  

"I don't bow to men, or false gods.  The religion you teach is no better than the thing I have on my finger.""

The boy picked his nose before flicking his finger to toss something at the fellow Pandemonium Pirate.  The smile faded from the Fishman's face even as the offender turned towards Ukkonen.  With a flurry of sparks, the young pirate put on a burst of speed to rush in front of the captain.  Sagara merely crossed his arms, making no move to intercept, figuring his leader would wish to handle the situation.

"You don't care about things that get discarded daily."

Even the giant who had only just agreed to travel with them was taking offense now, moving towards the boy as he made to leave the area and gesturing with his sword.  Shaking his head slowly, while still not showing his anger outwardly, Sagara moved in a blur of motion that befitted his epithet, leaping over a few of the surrounding observers to land at the pirate's side, placing a hand on the young man's shoulder as if to encourage him to halt.

"Listen.  Nobody can control the beliefs of another, nobody has that right.  But at the same time... I won't stand for anybody insulting the ideals my comrades have devoted their lives to."  

A low growl emanated from his throat, all traces of his previous humor replaced with deadly seriousness.  "I knew you were a newcomer, Maroon Deuce.  But what you said shows the true depth of your own inexperience.  "Things that get discarded daily?"  Tell me, kid.  What does this world run on?  Money?  Power?  Birthright?  All things you'd hear people say.  But it's wrong.  You know what the world runs on?  Faith."

"Why do the marines do what they do?  Faith in their ideal of justice, that they're always doing what's right.  Why do the Tenryuubito walk around with their inflated egos?  Even they have faith in their "divine authority."  What compelled so many pirates to follow Whitebeard into the summit war?  Faith and loyalty."  He gestured back at the captain of the Pandemonium Pirates.  "The reason why the Boss' worshipers follow him?  The same."

The volume of his voice began to rise slowly but surely.  "It doesn't matter what you have faith in.  Some abstract concept, a person, anything.  But that's what keeps people alive on these oceans, what gives them the strength to push on.  You mentioned guys who won't make it to the New World when you showed up?  It's the people with no faith who'll be left behind.  Faith is what decides conflicts.  It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future.  Maybe you'll learn some day and find something of your own."

"Those who'll reshape the world in this new age will be those with the greatest faith, Maroon Deuce.  And that's why more than anything else, I won't let some brat strut around mocking those strong enough to place their faith!"  His voice had risen to a yell, glaring down at the shorter pirate as he caught his breath from the speech he had delivered.  

Edited by Damanos, 05 June 2015 - 03:17 AM.

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji, ZCOverload and 2 others like this

TwjBrPX.png

#64 Sanji

Sanji

Mr. Prince

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,530 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:09 AM

@Tale @Damanos @Joey @DaEvilWithin

John caught a glimpse of Sagara’s movement past him as he approached Ace, and lowering his sword he listened to his speech, nodding in agreement. „A man who believes in nothing is as good as dead, and a man who can’t respect another’s belief is dead in my eyes. I acted instinctively, it is the right of those who believe in this man and follow his lead to speak up before i do.” He thought to himself and stepped aside, no longer filling the gap between Ukkoken and Ace.

xGzqj0x.gif

Official member of the Killer Kick Course Squad

#65 Joey

Joey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2015 - 06:02 PM

Ace

Sabaody Archipelago
Shipyard

@Damanos  @Sanji @Tale

"I really dont like that crew...." Swiping the rest of the snot from his finger Ace didn't care to hear a response from the pirate or his newly formed grunts. The enjoyment he came to the island for was robbed of him in a mere seconds, it was time for him to leave and move on. "What island was next......" The sound of steel filled Ace's ears yet he did not move an inch. Soon the cold blade was placed to his neck. Rubbing his head Ace let out a sigh of annoyance, he didn't have to look to know who it was. People miles away could hear his voice clearly.

"What i’m showing you now is mercy. Respect towards the value of one’s life. Live yours and learn what respect is, and how that makes you more than an animal, or be cut down like one by my blade here and now."

The man who showed his fangs just a second ago now served the enemy.The madness from these pirates were getting to Ace and what started as a small chuckle quickly turned into a full on laugh as the man stared at him. Slowly taping his fingers on the man's blade the laughter stopped and was replaced by anger. "You call me a pup yet I stand taller than you. Willingly rushing into battle for a man you just met could be the end of your prideful life!" Before the man could lower his sword Ace's hand rested on the blade as he sent a surge of electricity just up to the hilt. "Have you ever wondered what happens to a pup when its cornered?" The next island would have to wait due to the short man's pride and that wasn't good for him or Ace. 

Before the fight started the sound of steps could be heard then smell of the sea filled his nose. One after another Ukkonen's subordinates came to defend the honor of the captain. The first impression was already made but he did like the devotion that was given.  "Why do you fight for this human?" This question was on Ace's mind as he looked back to to see the fishman's hand on his shoulder. The words that the fishman spoke did reach Ace's ears but he didn't like the answer to his question. Blind faith was the reason behind everything and that was one thing he refused to be the answer. Fishmen or humans this captain had something about him that Ace just didn't understand. The moment his speech was finish Ace stood silent then removed the hand from his shoulder. "Fire Fist, Whitebeard,.....Fisher Tiger!" The moment he finished the deceased fishmans name he released a surge of electricity and glared at the fishman. 

"Worshipers! Thats what you called the people that follow you boss, thats nothing but a fancy word for slaves."  Ace slowly moved in closer so the fishman could hear the words he spoke. "That man you follow is nothing compared to them and that faith..nothing but a shackle on your mind. Those men I named died because they believed in something that would change the world. If a brat sees this what do you think the new world thinks of your God?"

Edited by Joey, 05 June 2015 - 11:04 PM.

#66 DaEvilWithin

DaEvilWithin

Feisty

• Moderators
  • 12,560 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 06 June 2015 - 12:40 AM

@Tale @Sanji @Damanos @Joey

Oz eyes widened as he realized where the little giant was going with his introduction. Already apparitions of his parents had appeared and he could feel their cold hands around his neck. His mind became muddled as he tried to distinguish hallucination from reality. Did Maroon Deuce really insult the Messiah, or was that the disease's work? He gripped his face with his hand and grimaced as the Flashback Disease continued to hammer at his brain.

"Fucking flashbacks," swore Oz. He struggled to remain on his feet, and was fading into unconsciousness when he heard Sagara's speech.

"It doesn't matter what you have faith in.  Some abstract concept, a person, anything.  But that's what keeps people alive on these oceans, what gives them the strength to push on.  You mentioned guys who won't make it to the New World when you showed up?  It's the people with no faith who'll be left behind.  Faith is what decides conflicts.  It's not whether you were right or wrong, but how much faith you were willing to have, that decides the future."

That's right. My faith is not so weak to lose to such a short flashback!

Oz steeled himself and willed the effects of the flashback away. The fog on his mind lifted. He could see the the apparitions fade out of existence. Oz grimaced at the effort and focused on Ukkonen when he realized he was being spoken to.

"Should we forgive him just this once? Or should we hasten his death and spare him from the pandemonium that will soon sweep over this island?"

His gaze flicked to his ex-disciple. The zealot felt more disappointment than anger at the boy's actions. Maroon Deuce was a lost cause if even the charismatic Sagara could not persuade him.

"It's too late for forgiveness, Ukkonen-sama. You may be able to forgive him in your infinite compassion, but I have failed if I allow a heathen to disrespect you so." Oz tightened the placement of the Thunder Dials in his glove. "Your Holiness need not bother with a child. You too John. Sagara and I are enough to save him."

Oz leaped to his fellow Thunderbolt's side and pushed Ace away from Sagara. The zealot faced the youth with disappointment and pity in his expression. It was a sad thing to see the young so corrupted. If only he had arrived in the boy's life a bit sooner.

"Your lack of respect will get you killed, boy. Fortunately, Sagara and I are here to beat some into you." Oz coated his fists with Haki and fell back into a familiar stance, bouncing on his toes. "I'd start running if I were you."

• Sanji, Damanos and Tale like this

#67 Damanos

Damanos

Owner of DEW's soul

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,233 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2015 - 04:53 AM

Shipyard

"Worshipers! Thats what you called the people that follow you boss, thats nothing but a fancy word for slaves."

"Slaves...?"  Sagara's expression darkened further, standing his ground as the pirate released another show of electricity and advanced.  As he opened his mouth to speak again, he was interrupted by the other Thunderbolt, Oz leaping into action and preparing to escalate the situation further.  Taking a deep breath to calm himself, the Fishman stepped forward in front of the warrior priest as he bounced up and down in his fighting stance.  

"Hold on, Oz.  It's my turn to give sermons today, I guess."

He turned back to the younger pirate now to finish addressing his reply.  "Slaves?  Shackles?"  he repeated slowly never breaking eye contact.  "I think I have a bit more experience in that area."  The Fishman turned his body, lifting up his jacket to display a mark in the shape of a sun on his side, covering a brand from long ago.  "Trust me, you don't know what those words mean until you've experienced them firsthand."  

"I'm surprised a human mentions the name of Fisher Tiger alongside those others, I'll give you some credit for that, you don't often see outsiders who respect him."  He tilted his head to glance back at the others gathered nearby.  "You're right though about one other thing.  The captain's name isn't up to par with them yet.  But there's a reason I joined this crew after serving under the likes of Brother Tai, I know this man will rise higher and higher.  No one starts at the top of the world.  Not you, not me, not even Gods!  Keep your eyes on the news of the world, I'm sure you'll begin seeing change."

He looked over at his fellow Fishman who had asked the Pandemonium Pirate captain a question before the chaos had begun.  "Changing the world doesn't happen overnight.  Brother Tai, Queen Otohime, many have been forced to come to terms with that."    

• DaEvilWithin, Sanji and Tale like this

TwjBrPX.png

#68 Jekkusormi

Jekkusormi

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 12:43 PM

GR 66, Marine Base, Cafeteria:

Richard had to wait for a status report from his deputy considering his scouts. And what would be better place suited for waiting than having a big cup of coffee in cafeteria.

"I actually hope there isn't much going on right now. I got out of infirmary only two weeks ago and this is my very first day after the war in duty." Richard thought, took a sip from his coffee and started filling a sudoku from the days paper. When he was taking another sip of coffee, the deputy ran in.

"Captain Fredrikson, I have urgent news!!" The exhausted deputy announced.

"What is it?"

"Commodore Cobalt has been defeated by The Vagabond Pirate Jazz and The Dean Ishmael!"

Richard almost choked on his coffee. Richard hadn't imagined his first day to start so roughly.

"But there is more" Deputy continued.

"We can't contact one of our scouts. Last we heard of him he was keeping and eye on The Pandemonium Pirates when they were apparently recruiting men."

"Oh great, what a great start for my day" Richard thought.

"So what are your orders Captain?"

Richard stood up and bent over to deputy. "Listen carefully since I need you to deliver this message to other men under my command."

Edited by Jekkusormi, 02 July 2015 - 12:44 PM.

• Tale likes this

#69 Oben

Oben

Coffee and Cake

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 July 2015 - 03:22 AM

[OOC] I actually wanted to post this after Tale and Joey are done, but fuck the timeline, it's been more than a month since my last post ^^ All of you heard this unless you are dead or something.React to it if and when you have time.

The birds were in a good shape. They had already dragged the Jenny two rounds over the sea, and everything had been fine. "We need to make this into some good PR", said Crozier. "We need the newspapers on us, we need the crowd go wild." Tolstoi and Nelson nodded. Tolstoi wanted his business in the news, Nelson his name.
"We need attention", Crozier continued, "Tolstoi has sent an anonymous notice to several reporters, and rumours are spreading through the groves. They are going to see us, and our flag should better fly proudly in the wind when they do."
"Yah", agreed Nelson, "after all the hassle with da Pandemonium Fellas, I feel like they stole the whole spotlight. And I'm a Supernova, dammit!"
"Agreed. The Santiago Pirates can't stand back behind these freaks. Ukkonen is an enemy. He attacked me, and I attacked him, and though neither of us hurt the other... this is a competition! The day will come when we sink their ship and feed them to the sharks, and we shouldn't stand back until that day comes!"
The crew grinned.
Nelson took the word. The crew cheered. And what he was about to say, exactly, was the reason why they all followed him, an alcoholic, brittle rat. Why they never thew him overboard and made Crozier the captain. Because when it really mattered, Nelson was good at this shit.

As they flew, Nelson grabbed a Den-Den-Mushi and a speaker, and he screamed, making sure the sound covered the whole island:

"LISTEN, WORLD! LISTEN, PIRATES, MARINES, GOVERNMENT, AND ALL YA OTHER SCHMOCK! THIS IS SANTIAGO NELSON, AND YA BETTER REMEMBER ME! MAH CREW IS FLYING OVER THE RED LINE! YOU SUCKERS HAVE TO DIVE IN YOUR LOUSY BORING JELLY BUBBLES, BUT THE SANTIAGO PIRATES CARVE A PATH INTO THE FUCKING SKY! THERE IS NO WALL TO KEEP US DOWN! YOU WILL ROT WITH THE FISHES, BUT WE, WE WILL RISE INTO THE HEAVENS! I WILL WAIT FOR YOU IN THE NEW WORLD, LOSERS! WE ARE THE SANTIAGO PIRATES! REMEMBER THIS DAY, REMEMBER IT AS THE DAY YOU WERE LEFT BEHIND, THE DAY WHEN THE SANTIAGO PIRATES TOOK THE LEAD AND NEVER GAVE IT UP AGAIN! ESPECIALLY YOU, PANDEMONIUM ASSHOLES! HOW DARE YOU ATTACK MAH VICE-CAPTAIN?! DON'T GET TOO FULL OF YOURSELVES! REMEMBER THIS DAY, THIS DAY WHEN MY ASS BECAME THE ONLY SUN YOU COULD WISH TO NAVIGATE AFTER! THIS! IS WHAT SANTIAGO NELSON DOES!!! THIS! IS WHAT A PIRATE DOES! AAAHAHAHHH!!!"

After some more laughing, Nelson said: "... Rosha, give me mah whiskey."

"Boss, you're still on the speaker."

"Oh, f---"

*As they take off upwards, the main theme of Jurassic Park is playing in the background*

Edited by Oben, 03 July 2015 - 03:23 AM.

• DaEvilWithin and Tale like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users