• 12599 posts

User's Awards

3    4      

Posted 28 March 2015 - 02:51 PM

Shirobako

ANN | MAL

Shirobako_Promotional_Poster.png

Synopsis:
Aoi will never forget how she felt the day her high school animation club's labor of love was shown at the cultural festival. The sense of awe and the feeling of accomplishment that came with completing their very first project are exactly what encouraged Aoi and her club mates to enter the animation industry in the first place. But two years later Aoi has graduated, and now that she works as a production assistant for a big-name animation studio, the daunting reality of her job has somewhat diminished her enthusiasm. Despite the long hours and the punishing schedule, Aoi still hopes to fulfill the promise she and her club friends Ema, Shizuka, Misa, and Midori made: to one day reunite and make a real animated feature of their own as professionals!

(Source: Sentai Filmworks)

Why You Should Watch This:

Contrary to what it may seem to be in the first five minutes, Shirobako is not an anime about cute girls doing cute things. It is in fact a slice-of-life depicting the trials and tribulations of working in the anime industry on top of having your own dreams. The characters are realistic, the drama develops naturally, and the comedy is on-point. This is not why I'm recommending this anime, however.

The main reason I'm recommending Shirobako is because it gives a fairly accurate portrayal of the anime industry while being entertaining. It humanizes the people behind the scenes and allows for a greater understanding of why certain choices might be made. I believe that watching Shirobako will allow for greater appreciation of the medium in a way only one intimately familiar with the processes can appreciate.

• Nyanko, Fulmine, ruggia and 2 others like this

#2 Clyde

Clyde

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3717 posts
  • Locationyour broad

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:21 PM

AOTS.

13121301403036501.png

"Yes, I'm sexy as fuck." - Renji Abarai

#3 Blink22

Blink22

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2132 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 04:59 PM

This series was so good. Also best selling series of Fall 2014 and rightfully so. Season 2 when?

Hunter%252520X%252520Hunter%252520-%2525

"Next time, I'll protect you Kite"

#4 ruggia

ruggia

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 06:37 PM

This series was so good. Also best selling series of Fall 2014 and rightfully so. Season 2 when?

well, F/SN will change that... in a few days :P

• Blink22 likes this

#5 KittyGoesMeowMeow

KittyGoesMeowMeow

Crack Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3757 posts
  • LocationMurdering the RG

Posted 28 March 2015 - 10:15 PM

I LOVED THIS SERIES!  And I cried at the end too.

GIMME SEASON TWO NAO. I need more Aoi and Kinoshita shenigans.

#6 Nyanko

Nyanko

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3830 posts
  • LocationNyah

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:29 AM

Looking how it ended, they're doing two new series next year (I loled at "That Bandit Manga, Two Piece")! I think its possible for a second series...

Edited by Nyanko, 29 March 2015 - 01:30 AM.

The Nominations for OMF Top 20 ongoing Manga for August/September are over. The results can be seen here!

http://onemangaforum...tember-edition/

Don't like the results? Then vote in the 4th Quarter poll in January

#7 ShinmenTakezo

ShinmenTakezo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6276 posts

Posted 29 March 2015 - 01:57 AM

Maybe i will try it

qhz8b56l.png

#8 God Mode

God Mode

Bird Bard

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8573 posts

User's Awards

Posted 29 March 2015 - 04:47 AM

Sentai Filmworks' stuff is always so colorful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users