• Please log in to reply
2201 replies to this topic

#2161 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,905 posts
  • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:01 PM

Damn it guys! No super powered beings or anime characters! Lol!

Wick vs Bourne.

You can toss in Bond if u like too.

Well thats taking the fun out of things. 

Either way. I stand by my earlier take. Bourne all the way.

Edited by Narubi, 11 January 2017 - 10:02 PM.

• waleuska likes this

#2162 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Either way I think that Wick isn't winning. I consider him to be at the bottom of the list in terms of all around skill. Have to think a little more on the Bond vs Bourne aspect of this, though in a three way fight it doesn't necessarily have to be the most skilled fighter who wins, since you have to worry about two opponents. And Wick isn't about to go down from one shot or anything.

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2163 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,931 posts
  • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:01 AM

Damn it guys! No super powered beings or anime characters! Lol!

Wick vs Bourne.

You can toss in Bond if u like too.

If Wick gets his hand on a gun its over

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2164 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts
  • LocationBeing a hero for everyone

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:17 AM

As long as it is eligible for Oscar that's not a problem.

Starting off with this. It not that its a problem. Yea it can still win. Any of the Oscar movies can still win. Where looking at the likeliness of it winning. Yea it is eligible to win, but aside from the Golden Globes giving it a win and a few other award shows that happened late 2016 the chances aren't really there. There is something that even critics can fall victim to which is the recency effect. Yea there going to give a film that loved way back like Sing Street or Moonlight a nomination, but as for winning well what was the last thing they saw and what was being pushed everywhere. This is how I managed to predict Spotlight winning before. Cause while it seemed like it had a lot against it with Room and a few others it was still being pushed everywhere and promoted. It is getting close to the Oscars and where is Moonlight?

I would looove for Moonlight to come out on top. Don't get the wrong idea there. I love A24 studio, but I don't think any of there movies have ever won a single best picture at the Oscar.

I know. I never said it would 100% not win, did I? Just very unlikely...and that's only if you're right about Birdman. Birdman's mean of conveying the message (black comedy) is not serious by its nature but the matter/theme it addresses is. Much more than LLL.

I agree there are darker themes that are in Birdman. It would arguably could be called a dark comedy. But I think your underplaying La La Land as well. Everyone here seems to just see the movie's theme of being about dreams and following them and the hardships that can come with it, but if that was all it did it wouldn't be getting as much hype as it would be getting from the other award shows. The film is quite ambitious. It is a film that while made in 2016 homages to old school musicals like the Sound of Music, Oliver, The King and I and many others. And the fact that it is so different from Oscar films that have came before of the last few years and the fact that it is on the glamour of Hollywood make it a lot more primed and appealing to Academy voters along with other Award shows. 

Every great film doesn't need to be that sad story about a dog getting run over and the boy being sad over his death

I would put that in quotations but I pretty sure I slightly changed John Campea's quote lol. 

Also who thinks Deadpool going to get a nomination??

No lets ask...

Nomination for screenplay percentage:

Nomination for best film percentage:

Edited by secretzfan, 12 January 2017 - 02:25 AM.

#2165 RamenRenegade

RamenRenegade

Rock Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 12 January 2017 - 06:25 AM

Well thats taking the fun out of things.

Either way. I stand by my earlier take. Bourne all the way.

Lol! Here's the thing, when you start opening things up to characters like The Winter Soldier, then someone will throw out Captain America and so on and so forth until the point of the topic is lost and we're debating Goku vs Superman. Lol! I wanted to debate the mortal, killer assassin type.

BTW, I'd go Bourne too. His ability to improvise in a fight would win. But Wick is better with a gun.

4139c0ca-f053-40db-8794-a7ad05685299.jpg

"A Wise Man Can Learn More From A Foolish Question

Than A Foolish Man Can Learn From A Wise Answer." Questions?

Join the Legion of Ramen / My Fanfiction Account

Heaven & Earth: The NaruSaku FC

Spoiler A list of Ramen's Nicknames

Spoiler Favorite All-time Manga
  •  

• #2166 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 18,629 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:26 AM

but aside from the Golden Globes giving it a win and a few other award shows that happened late 2016 the chances aren't really there.

I can also say that aplies to LLL

There is something that even critics can fall victim to which is the recency effect. Yea there going to give a film that loved way back like Sing Street or Moonlight a nomination, but as for winning well what was the last thing they saw and what was being pushed everywhere. This is how I managed to predict Spotlight winning before. Cause while it seemed like it had a lot against it with Room and a few others it was still being pushed everywhere and promoted. It is getting close to the Oscars and where is Moonlight?

So one right prediction and an effect that is not even that absolute or strong are all the basis? Well, that does make LL winning possible but again, I never said otherwise

But I think your underplaying La La Land as well. Everyone here seems to just see the movie's theme of being about dreams and following them and the hardships that can come with it, but if that was all it did it wouldn't be getting as much hype as it would be getting from the other award shows. The film is quite ambitious. It is a film that while made in 2016 homages to old school musicals like the Sound of Music, Oliver, The King and I and many others. And the fact that it is so different from Oscar films that have came before of the last few years and the fact that it is on the glamour of Hollywood make it a lot more primed and appealing to Academy voters along with other Award shows.

Nah, I know all of that and still said what I said

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#2167 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:52 AM

@Narubi @Tokoya @Ace1225 @RamenRenegade @waleuska

Does this count?  (Equilibrium)

tumblr_m91b8dqgGL1rpoldbo1_500.gif

If so, he wins.

Edited by DarkNemesis, 12 January 2017 - 08:52 AM.

• Raiden and JDG973 like this

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2168 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,999 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:28 AM

@Narubi @Tokoya @Ace1225 @RamenRenegade @waleuska

Does this count?  (Equilibrium)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m91b8d...

If so, he wins.

They are all good shots.

I still pick bourne because he had the hardest task in his movies. The american government. They had agents everywhere in every country and almost everyone in their movies was a secret agent. Hell you can be working for the american government right now and not know it.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2169 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:42 AM

Well it's hard to judge Wick without seeing JW2. Bourne and Bond has had multiple chances to prove themselves. And well Bale in Equilibrium had a whole army and city against him and only had one movie to prove his worth.

But consider this:

• John Wick took down a whole mafia by himself, just so he could get out of the mob himself,
    • then took down another mob outfit, because of his wife's dog
    • he did this in a hotel filled with assassins and in a city where anyone could be an assassin
    • now he's going to Rome... Italy. You know birthplace of the Mafia/Mob to probably do the same thing.

I don't think Bourne's job was any harder than Wick's.

Kubo's announcement will be his new work will be called Tide; not as strong as bleach but does its trolling in a more colorful fashion! - arcane_chaos

Spoiler

#2170 waleuska

waleuska

Pirate

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,999 posts
    • Locationeverywhere but nowhere

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:52 AM

Well it's hard to judge Wick without seeing JW2. Bourne and Bond has had multiple chances to prove themselves. And well Bale in Equilibrium had a whole army and city against him and only had one movie to prove his worth.

But consider this:

• John Wick took down a whole mafia by himself, just so he could get out of the mob himself,
    • then took down another mob outfit, because of his wife's dog
    • he did this in a hotel filled with assassins and in a city where anyone could be an assassin
    • now he's going to Rome... Italy. You know birthplace of the Mafia/Mob to probably do the same thing.

I don't think Bourne's job was any harder than Wick's.

American's military training>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mob training.

Edited by waleuska, 12 January 2017 - 10:52 AM.

p5Y5w8P.jpg

#2171 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 794 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:50 AM

I can also say that aplies to LLL

How does that at all apply to La La Land???

The film came out in 2016 and went wide at the very end of it and is still playing at multiple theaters. 

And it getting awards from awards show that happen in 2017 like the Golden Globes along with AFI and it just been up for many BAFTAs. It is more in people's faces now when it is actually closer to big Oscar times. 

#2172 Tokoya

Tokoya

Ninja

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 9,931 posts
    • LocationWith my Khaleesi <3333

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:13 PM

American's military training>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>mob training.

Wick was an ex US Marine  :P

But I feel like we are taking the fact that Wick eliminated the entire Russian Mafia in New York and other trained and highly skilled hitmen (And they all fear him) contracted to kill him all by himself lol....In a sense, the only difference between a hitman and an assassin is that Assassins kill for solo profit whereas hitmen generally operate within an organization but both essentially have the same skill set 

But I have found a detailed list of feats to support my argument for the human aimbot 

https://www.reddit.c...ayh&sh=dd3c9543

Also, I completely forgot about this other person until now and I'm wondering, have any of you seen The Accountant last year? (GREAT movie imho, I love it) Because this man is a beast too lol

accountant_ver3.jpg

Edited by Tokoya, 12 January 2017 - 12:14 PM.

iWo0nCc.gif

Nothing will stand in our way.....I will finish what you started....I will fulfill our destiny!

#Kylo Ren #ForceAwakens

#2173 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:35 PM

So John Wick, James Bond, Jason Bourne, John Preston (Equilibrium), and Chris Wolff (The Accountant).... interesting match up.

**Damn Ben Affleck messing up the pattern.
    • JDG973 and secretzfan like this

Spoiler

#2174 Ace1225

Ace1225

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 5,647 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:29 PM

Haven't seen either Equilibrium or The Accountant.

I've seen the Equalizer, if we're trying to throw another character into the ring

8yNJw.gif

I can't force you to believe me that's your choice. People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" and "true?" Merely vague concepts...their reality may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?-Itachi Uchiha

#2175 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:16 PM

I've seen the Equalizer, if we're trying to throw another character into the ring

https://m.popkey.co/b8893c/8yNJw.gif...

That's the worst gif. That move should have got him shot. :lol:

Throw him in. But he's the first to go.

Spoiler

#2176 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 794 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Honestly...

Denzel dies, then Ben Affleck...then John Wick after a merciless leaving Jason Bourne to walk home with the gold

#2177 DarkNemesis

DarkNemesis

Keeper of the Threads

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 14,890 posts

Posted 12 January 2017 - 02:25 PM

https://m.popkey.co/b8893c/8yNJw.gif...

Honestly...
    Denzel dies, then Ben Affleck...then John Wick after a merciless leaving Jason Bourne to walk home with the gold

I see your Equalizer and raise you Creasy.

hqdefault.jpg

• Ace1225 likes this

Spoiler

#2178 Fulmine

Fulmine

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 18,629 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:03 AM

How does that at all apply to La La Land???

The film came out in 2016 and went wide at the very end of it and is still playing at multiple theaters. 

And it getting awards from awards show that happen in 2017 like the Golden Globes along with AFI and it just been up for many BAFTAs. It is more in people's faces now when it is actually closer to big Oscar times. 

No, I meant the sentence I quoted itself.

Spoiler Top Favorite Male Manga Characters

#2179 secretzfan

secretzfan

Otaku

• Members
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 794 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:53 PM

Deadpool is actually compaigning
    https://youtu.be/VQcXolXaymY

#2180 Narubi

Narubi

Forever Dreaming

• Blessed by Uglypuff
    • PipPipPipPipPip
    • 4,905 posts
    • LocationSitting alone in the dark, contemplating life.

Posted 13 January 2017 - 07:58 PM

An Deadpool will lose. Which I bet will lead to some funny extra or something in the sequel, with Deadpool killing the people who decide what or who wins awards. Which will undoubtedly be awesome. ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users